Will I see this guy again? Is this a chance encounter or a karmic connection?

Rossinm

Namaste. I am new to the forums and am learning so much every day (I've been a silent guest for awhile). I met somebody in Rome in late June and I can't get this person out of my mind as I really feel that there is something that is supposed to be accomplished this lifetime between us.

I've cast an event chart for the time I asked the question and I'm struggling to interpret the chart. What I do find interesting is that venus in in the seventh house- the house of relationships.

The moon, which signifies me, the querent, is in the first house and supposedly signifies a " woman coming into the situation asking for nothing in return" or alternately " the indecisiveness of the querent". This is confusing to me.

Based on the chart- what do you all think " Will I see him again and what kind of connection is this? A karmic connection.."

Attachments

• chart question 1.gif
    chart question 1.gif
    28.8 KB · Views: 40
Last edited by a moderator:

cassanra

Karmic is usually indicated by significant planets ie you or the querant or house cusp in the same degree as the north node. In this case it would be 0 degrees. That is the fated degree. Actually mercury is out of range.
The fact that jupiter (you) is in a separating opposition to the 7th house ruler, mercury demonstrates the fact that you did meet and are now separating. Venus either is 'someone else' on the scene or in some way translating the light of jupiter to the mercury ie someone intervening or carrying the 'message of love' In other words in a separating aspect when it would be nice to have them connecting again or when they are in a challenging aspect such an opposition a third planet can translate one energy to another. To be a true translation the planet translating should be in at least of jupiters dignities.
But...you as jupiter are in retrograde which implies a change of mind. There is something about the situation that might cause you to change your mind about this person.

Rossinm

Thanks Cassandra for taking the time to look at my question :smile:.

I am thinking about what you said about the third planet which can "translate the energy". Could this be medium be an email? I have actually about given up on this person as he hasn't written me back for about two weeks. Could this be the change of mind that you are referring to? To phrase it more succintly, "will I change my mind because I hear from him?"

I have, in fact, been talking to my ex-fiancee and maybe that is what this mind change refers to. Regardless, thank you for the analysis.

cassanra

A translator is typically a third person. In this case, as it is in his house this third person most likely is either a former love interest or someone who cares about him.

starlink

Hi Rossin, I think you should forget about this guy. As Cassandra also said, no contacts there. His 5th house of romance is in his 12th , so he might have kept something from you about maybe another girl which is strongly indicated by that Venus in his 1st house. I think he is either married or has a girlfriend. Dont know how old you guys are, so this is the one or the other. I really would not know about karmic or not but the Node degree is a good thing to look at . That apparently shows a fated event, but I have seen that more often in a bad situation.

Rossinm

Thank you Starlink and Cassandra for the information. Both of you just clarified an intuitive feeling I had about the situation. Using the information and the synastry information that Katydid showed me on the greenhorns lounge, I will just chalk it up to a fated encounter that was supposed to kick my *** in gear for some much needed change!:surprised:

I am curious as to how you both got all of that our of the horary chart. I am interested more in how you could tell the fated event by the noded degrees. That is something I totally missed and something I will have to look into more depth about. Fascinating stuff! :smile: