Question concerning reception

JUPITERASC

I have used Delphic Oracle before. I like that program.
I have to create another partition on the Mac however to run Windows so that I can download and use that one.

I have not used Porphyrius Magus...
Is it a program that can easily be used on the Mac without any extra software?
Check with Rumen Kolev :smile:
he is the astrologer who created the software
http://www.babylonianastrology.com/

tsmall

Premium Member
I do have a chart to post. I was hoping to use the Morinus format so that the terms can be visible, but I still have not figured out how to convert the file into the jpg format on my Mac.... Any one know how to do this and willing to guide me?

Print screen and save it into some sort of image software. On a Windows machine that would be Paint. From there you could convert it to a jpeg image, but the forum accepts .gif images as well.

Jehan

I am not having much luck with resizing the bmp file for some reason, so ive converted it to pdf and we can see how to work with that.

Attachments

• Brussels2.pdf
    212.1 KB · Views: 42
  • astro_2gw_254_brussels_hw.9491.3880.jpg
    astro_2gw_254_brussels_hw.9491.3880.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

tsmall

Premium Member
when I asked this question, I was thinking of a quincunx aspect. Neither planets can see each other , therefore making no major ptolemaic aspect which is required to have reception, but at the same time there are many astrologers who state that there is an explosive or unexpected event take place when two planets are 150 degrees apart. I figured if this was possible then it could possibly have something to do with the two planets crossing each other's respective antiscia or contra-antiscia points. That is why I was asking if reception is possible by the shadow points. Of course, traditionally the answer would be no, but if there are many who swear by the alignment of such event then....what else could explain the nature of the event. Im sorry I don't have a chart to display. The original timing of this question was around the time of the Airport bombing in Brussels at which time Jupiter and Uranus were close to each other's shadow point which led me to reflect a little deeper on the nature of the subject.

Of all the traditional astrologers posting here, Oddity is the one who knows the most about antiscia.

conspiracy theorist

So with all of this discussion, how would such an aspect play out in an actual chart read?

I picked a random date that has the criteria that Jehan speaks about. This hypothetical woman has Venus at 9 Libra and Saturn at 20 Pisces - Both on each others antiscia and both are in each other's exaltation. How would the interpretation be approached?

Attachments

• example chart.jpg
    example chart.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

Jehan

Awesome, I was thinking about this today; how the example of the Brussels chart would not qualify for the question that I posted, for we are not considering the outer planets. However, I was thinking specifically along the lines of a random event chart more so but Thank you for posting this.

conspiracy theorist

No problem Jehan. I figured this whole discussion would be more fruitful if we had a chart to work on to understand this. She's not real as far as I know but I think this is one step better than confusing everybody with an imaginary chart that could have any of the number of combinations possible with this condition.

I already have some ideas about what the config could mean but I'm close to winding down for the night.

tsmall

Premium Member
No problem Jehan. I figured this whole discussion would be more fruitful if we had a chart to work on to understand this. She's not real as far as I know but I think this is one step better than confusing everybody with an imaginary chart that could have any of the number of combinations possible with this condition.

I already have some ideas about what the config could mean but I'm close to winding down for the night.

I wound down for the night, and the chart expired.

Meanwhile, Jehan, what are we trying to figure out here?

Last edited:

Jehan

I wound down for the night, and the chart expired.

Meanwhile, Jehan, what are we trying to figure out here?

No worries. We are attempting to assimilate how two planets that are conjunct each other's Antiscia at 150 degrees apart are expressed in the chart. Initially I asked if their placement could facilitate reception with each other in this placement. In Classical Astrology, no reception can take place if there is no Ptolemaic aspect however. I had started reflecting on this when first viewing an event chart and noticed that an outer planet was close to a conjunction with Jupiters Antiscia in the event chart of the Brussels Airport attack. In modern Astrology a quincunx can be recognized as an explosive event; as expressed In Barbara Watters book on Horary. So that was the original motivation for the initial question. I understand that we don't include the outers in Traditional, but I am still curious to learn the effects of Antiscia and how they are interpreted in a chart with aspects to them or without aspects.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

THE ORIGIN OF THE TRADITIONAL CONCEPT OF "AVERSION" http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90973 :smile:

The reason (as stated by Robert Schmidt circa 1994)
that 30 and 150 are not properly called aspects
is because you have a blind spot in your left eye that prevents Aquarius from being seen and a blind spot in your right eye that prevents Capricorn from being seen.
That's because the Moon represents the left eye (Cancer)
and the Sun the right (Leo).
(forget about sex differences here because this is a demonstration of a schematic).

The 30 degree relationships are also not visual rays
because adjacent signs are hard to see because they're sitting right next to you.
All aspects are a form of looking phenomenon.
Note that "aspect" and "spectacle" have the same root.
The other cancellation of aversions stated earlier are part of the other 4 senses of the cosmic soul
(part of Schmidt's early material first released around 1998) on testimony within the context of the "cosmic courtroom".

Note that if you cast rays out of each eye, that there are 7 rays (one for each planet) to the even and odd signs.
This is part of the Greek optical theory that Schmidt talked about around 1994 at the Back to the Future conference in Princeton, NJ.

Aspects are currently thought of as a combination of a pair of planet interactions but this is not quite correct.
That is because when a planet casts a ray toward another planet, that planet doesn't see the same thing that the other one does.
For instance when Venus looks at Saturn, she see's a dirty old man, but when Saturn looks at Venus, a beautiful young woman.
That makes a huge difference in delineation
because when the courtroom asks about marriage and the guest-host relationship is invoked,
the lord of the 7th has the job of asking the other planets for witness testimony.
Do you think that Venus is going to say the same thing as Saturn?
No.
You need to break down the testimony or you'll get vague generalizations.

Jehan

THE ORIGIN OF THE TRADITIONAL CONCEPT OF "AVERSION" http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90973 :smile:

😊 I have read this thread several times, but thank you however. I do understand aversion and how to implement it in a reading but I can't help to notice a disturbance of energy when there are two planets crossing each other's antiscia. However it is wise to rule out any other possibility before coming to an assertive conclusion.