Do we choose our dominants?

Whoam1

In astrology we all having ruling planets, Almost like deities we are born under. However one key part of connecting with a God/ruler/religion is actively accepting and letting them influence our actions in life. We still would be under their influence however they would not be out ruling planet because we deny them extra action in ourlives. I for example have an angular Jupiter I do not connect specially with, I note the influence it has over me and I move on. Another example is Saturn, which aspects my Sun and Moon, I like Saturn but his vaukes are warped and impersonal I note his energy but pay no extra contribution to it (I do more than that of Jupiter). So let's say I settle on Neptune, I note it is unaspected completely therefore uninhibited by any other planets. I practice astrology with account for imagination, tarot and Oracle for mysticism, I connect with water- it's life force and changeablity- everyday. I keep my tail in the water and feet on the ground in the most Capricorn of way.

Abby83

I don't get what your asking. If you want to know where you get your desire to do tarot and astrology, look to the 12th house - tropical. Isn't your sun there?

Whoam1

I don't get what your asking. If you want to know where you get your desire to do tarot and astrology, look to the 12th house - tropical. Isn't your sun there?

No mercury angular. Not what i was getting at. If the planets are like religions/Gods at the end if the we choose which one to worship.

"The highest level of manifestation of Unaspected Neptune: Remarkably pure intuition, stunning subtlety of perception, sensitivity, which has no effect under the unfavorable ambient environment. A person can be a guardian of a secret knowledge and spiritual treasures that until the time comes should be concealed from others. He has inner connection with a space and occult powers."

Abby83

Well I worship my Jupiter and Venus. And they are my dominants. I'm also quite fond of Neptune. All these 3 planets give me a lot of satisfaction during favourable transits. Mostly cos the qualities and what they rule. Like I need to have fun and be positive all throughout my life, plus I enjoy being in an a relationship or at least with a few men if I'm single. I couldn't handle what I did for two and a half years when I was a dental assistant, miserable with barely any pay on traineeship, broke down car, negative ppl all day, no partner no sex. Back then I was in deep depression and I never wana go back to those days. I choose to have fun. Jupiter and Neptune both rule fun in my chart. Venus rules the partner.

Last edited:

Whoam1

Ironicly I'm looking at Jupiter vs Neptune myself right now. My Sun/AC/EP is in sag this would dictate Jupiter which is in Pisces. I have Neptune Mars and Uranus in Capricorn and a Saturn grand trine. Trying to pull out my sign.

I feel both very Pisces and Capricorn so it could be either, if im Pisces then Saturn and Capy stella makes me feel the Capricorn, if im Capricorn then my exalted Sun/AC ruler and my unaspected Neptune make me feel Piscean.

Here are my constellations:
Sun in sag
Mercury/Pluto oph.(Scorpio)
Venus in Libra
Moon in Leo
Saturn in Cet. (like undomicle Capricorn)
Jupiter in Pisces
Neptune/Uranus/Mars in Capricorn

That is
4 water [7 if I count capy mulitelemented]
2 fire
1 air
3 earth

Abby83

Ironicly I'm looking at Jupiter vs Neptune myself right now. My Sun/AC/EP is in sag this would dictate Jupiter which is in Pisces. I have Neptune Mars and Uranus in Capricorn and a Saturn grand trine. Trying to pull out my sign.

I feel both very Pisces and Capricorn so it could be either, if im Pisces then Saturn and Capy stella makes me feel the Capricorn, if im Capricorn then my exalted Sun/AC ruler and my unaspected Neptune make me feel Piscean.

Here are my constellations:
Sun in sag
Mercury/Pluto oph.(Scorpio)
Venus in Libra
Moon in Leo
Saturn in Cet. (like undomicle Capricorn)
Jupiter in Pisces
Neptune/Uranus/Mars in Capricorn

That is
4 water [7 if I count capy mulitelemented]
2 fire
1 air
3 earth

Wow. What an intense chart. Holy sh*t. How do you do it.

You got me thinking of mine. Cos 5th is Pisces, Neptune and Jupiter are it's rulers. And I find them both effective. So its cool having two. But they're both in sag. I don't have any unaspected planets so I can't relate.

Last edited:

Whoam1

Would you say Jupiter in Pisces is me or Neptune in Capricorn. I just read the sky these are the actual placements of the planets. I just can't tell if I'm Pisces or Capricorn. I don't relate to my Sun and Moon more than any other planet btw that's why I don't use them as my sign.

Abby83

Would you say Jupiter in Pisces is me or Neptune in Capricorn. I just read the sky these are the actual placements of the planets. I just can't tell if I'm Pisces or Capricorn. I don't relate to my Sun and Moon more than any other planet btw that's why I don't use them as my sign.

Hmmm... Well you sound like a combination but I'd lean more to other planets than the Jupiter in Pisces. Jupiter in Pisces is too soft for you.

Whoam1

Hmmm... Well you sound like a combination but I'd lean more to other planets than the Jupiter in Pisces. Jupiter in Pisces is too soft for you.

If it the unaspected Neptune that means I'm a Capricorn dominant tropical and sidereal. Saturn makes me unsoft, as does my Pluto Moon. Also Capricorns are secretly water signs they just appear all tough.

Whoam1

This is what im thinking

Capricorn:Survival and autonomy needs foremost. Sociable; not self-disclosing (cold/aloof). Humor, storyteller, prankish, music. Good resource manager. Struggles against tough odds. Discontent, combative, resists persuasion and conformity. Values past; defies status quo. Emotions cautious initially. Extreme libido."

Mysterious, moody/ vulnerable to dark moods, could be called edgy (attraction to the occult), may vice (use drugs and alcohol to de-stress). Emotions cautious to protect its hyper emotional state (that is often hidden). Give everything to the small amount of people they truly let past their walls. Misuderstood as unemotional, in actuality is guarded emotional.

Spiritual lesson is "to come to the water" to let go of material things, realising that they do not form happiness, but rather healthy relationships form happiness (including self relationships). May have to face their emotional depths to get here.

Neptune: "creative, imaginative, intuitive, very strong psychic ability that is either very spiritual or very misdirected.*high empathy. Overwhelming feelings".

Unable to tell the strength of this planet as it is unaspected. Most likely a maverick and can switch on and off at will.

Aesthetically driven. Highly romantic. Dreamy. Mysterious. Vast but vague (philosophically speaking). Metaphysical. Diffusing. And may easily to fall in love.

Spiritual lesson: "Swim don't sink". Neptune can get caught up in all the background noise that it can drown the native. They must learn what feelings are their own and cannot let others feelings drown their own.

Abby83

If it the unaspected Neptune that means I'm a Capricorn dominant tropical and sidereal. Saturn makes me unsoft, as does my Pluto Moon. Also Capricorns are secretly water signs they just appear all tough.

I agree with the first part.

Abby83

This is what im thinking

Capricorn:Survival and autonomy needs foremost. Sociable; not self-disclosing (cold/aloof). Humor, storyteller, prankish, music. Good resource manager. Struggles against tough odds. Discontent, combative, resists persuasion and conformity. Values past; defies status quo. Emotions cautious initially. Extreme libido."

Mysterious, moody/ vulnerable to dark moods, could be called edgy (attraction to the occult), may vice (use drugs and alcohol to de-stress). Emotions cautious to protect its hyper emotional state (that is often hidden). Give everything to the small amount of people they truly let past their walls. Misuderstood as unemotional, in actuality is guarded emotional.

Spiritual lesson is "to come to the water" to let go of material things, realising that they do not form happiness, but rather healthy relationships form happiness (including self relationships). May have to face their emotional depths to get here.

Neptune: "creative, imaginative, intuitive, very strong psychic ability that is either very spiritual or very misdirected.*high empathy. Overwhelming feelings".

Unable to tell the strength of this planet as it is unaspected. Most likely a maverick and can switch on and off at will.

Aesthetically driven. Highly romantic. Dreamy. Mysterious. Vast but vague (philosophically speaking). Metaphysical. Diffusing. And may easily to fall in love.

Spiritual lesson: "Swim don't sink". Neptune can get caught up in all the background noise that it can drown the native. They must learn what feelings are their own and cannot let others feelings drown their own.

Yeah that sounds about right.

Whoam1

Neptune is in the first house in most house systems so i can investigate this more (id consider this my only other first house planet beside the Sun).

Abby83

Neptune is in the first house in most house systems so i can investigate this more (id consider this my only other first house planet beside the Sun).

Well that would explain why you feel neptunian. My kids all have Neptune in first. They look gorgeous. I wish I had Neptune in first.

Whoam1

I think it is having it in the first which makes it stable in me. Unaspected planets are unlimited they can choose not to work or not, typically the native has no say, but since it is in the first it must be more a part of my psyche. I never would have thought Neptune rules me but now I'm fairly convinced.

Sorry
i'm just roaming aroud.
You mentioned "neptune in first"
What does that mean?

what do i have my planets in?

Attachments

• nathal chartJ.jpg
    nathal chartJ.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 19

Abby83

Sorry
i'm just roaming aroud.
You mentioned "neptune in first"
What does that mean?

what do i have my planets in?

Yes you do. It means you look dreamy. Like those cherubs in those romantic paintings they had in stately houses. My daughter in the avatar picture has Neptune in 1st, as an example.

:biggrin: Thankyou, I usually speak dutch haha, i have a hard time interpreting all of this. Could you tell me if saturn as a ruling planet is a bad thing? I kind of feel asthough its get looked upon as a "weak thing". Is it normal for me to still feel like i find myself in the scorpiothings? I've read so many bad things about it, my second is Pluto. I have Scorpio as a ruling sign. I've read that the most important things is your dominant planet.

Attachments

• dom.jpg
    dom.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 16