Did I pass the California bar exam this winter?

Cypocryphy

I don't trust my own chart reading when it is a close call, and there is a lot of emotion behind it.

As you can see, I, thee querent, am combust. But the quesited, the bar exam as exemplified by the Moon, is applying by sextile to me, Mars. Leo is intercepted in the ninth house, some of whom might use that as a the ruler, is applying by conjunction to Mars. But then again, that makes it combust. Mars and Venus are applying by conjunction. And Jupiter is forming a wonderful sextile to Mars, albeit separating.

It all looks good to me—except for Mars being combust.

I have asked this question before, early on, once before the exam, which was favorable, and then again after taking the exam, back in February, which was unfavorable. Now, for some reason, I have asked again. I had this overwhelming feeling to ask, and this is what came out.

Does anyone see the same or do you see something entirely different?

Attachments

• astro_2at_01_did_i_pass_the_california_bar_exam_hr.26626.22200.jpg
    astro_2at_01_did_i_pass_the_california_bar_exam_hr.26626.22200.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 52

fattail

This is the third time you have asked the question? I would say the chart can't be judged, and this is born out by the fact that the ruler of the Ascendant is combust. Look at the first question you asked.

Cypocryphy

This is the third time you have asked the question? I would say the chart can't be judged, and this is born out by the fact that the ruler of the Ascendant is combust. Look at the first question you asked.

There you are wrong my friend. The closer in time to the manifest event, the more accurate shall be the reading. The same question will give the same answer, just in different ways. Don't go by the books so much.

fattail

The fact that you have asked the question three times AND the ruler is combust suggest that the chart can't be judged. Why should the third time be more 'accurate' than the first time? Wouldn't it be better to put up the first chart you asked, which you say looked good?

Cypocryphy

The fact that you have asked the question three times AND the ruler is combust suggest that the chart can't be judged. Why should the third time be more 'accurate' than the first time? Wouldn't it be better to put up the first chart you asked, which you say looked good?

I lost the charts. This is it. And being combust does not ruin me; it means I'm in a state of fear. So says Lilly. The chart is readable.

dr. farr

(Following is not in accordance with standard horary practice and uses whole sign house format)

Since querent significator is combust (and therefore cannot be used), the absorbing (ie combusting) factor, the Sun, becomes querent significator (this is according to the Ankara horary method which is NOT standard horary doctrine!!) So, Sun is detrimented in 6th house (-) but exalted in Aries (+) = net neutral testimonies here.
Moon is significator of quesited (9th house, the law, and exams): Moon strong in angular 4th house, flows toward (defacto) querent significator the Sun, and is in applying sextile to the Sun = + testimony; NN posits the querent's signifying house/sign (first whole sign house, Scorpio) = + testimony; however, Moon (and defacto querent significator Sun) flow away from the Part of Fortune = - testimony. The Part of Fortune is in a pitted degree = - testimony.
Net for the totality of testimonies is an even split between + and -; so, best I can do is to give a "maybe" answer:pinched:, which is not much of an answer:sad:!!
Good luck, though, on the results:biggrin:!

Cypocryphy

(Following is not in accordance with standard horary practice and uses whole sign house format)

Since querent significator is combust (and therefore cannot be used), the absorbing (ie combusting) factor, the Sun, becomes querent significator (this is according to the Ankara horary method which is NOT standard horary doctrine!!) So, Sun is detrimented in 6th house (-) but exalted in Aries (+) = net neutral testimonies here.
Moon is significator of quesited (9th house, the law, and exams): Moon strong in angular 4th house, flows toward (defacto) querent significator the Sun, and is in applying sextile to the Sun = + testimony; NN posits the querent's signifying house/sign (first whole sign house, Scorpio) = + testimony; however, Moon (and defacto querent significator Sun) flow away from the Part of Fortune = - testimony. The Part of Fortune is in a pitted degree = - testimony.
Net for the totality of testimonies is an even split between + and -; so, best I can do is to give a "maybe" answer:pinched:, which is not much of an answer:sad:!!
Good luck, though, on the results:biggrin:!

:lol: That's how I felt walking out of it! I walked out thinking, "Jeez, what was that?" So there was a strong maybe feeling there, too. :pinched:

Thanks for looking it over for me. I might try to find the initial chart. My software program became corrupted, and through tech support, he determined that I had to delete all my data entries (which I REALLY did not want to do) and re-install the software. It finally worked, but I lost everything.

But I have an idea; I might have recorded something in my astro-journal. I just have to find it. I hope I recorded that one with the date and time.

Anyway, thanks again for having a look!! :happy:

Cypocryphy

Of course you're not ruined, but you do need to find the first horary you asked. Or reconstruct it from memory.

OK. I found the first date. I am positive that this is the time. It looks perfect. The reason I asked this question again was due to my becoming extremely ill right before the exam. I got the Sydney Noravirus, and I nearly died from it. I lost 13 pounds in a week, and it lasted 2 weeks instead of two days. So I cast another chart after the fact. That was the second one. And then, last night, I had this overwhelming urge to cast the third because I should find out shortly now whether I passed.

As you can see, the signficators are appropriate, and it is all quite favorable.

Here's the chart:

Attachments

• astro_2at_09_will_i_pass_the_california_bar_exam_hr.54942.23476.jpg
    astro_2at_09_will_i_pass_the_california_bar_exam_hr.54942.23476.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 50

tikana

It doesnt look like it .. the test is moon 9th house

moon will reach venus before perfecting with mars
it is despite the fact that north node on asce

Sort of interference.

Good luck

I don't trust my own chart reading when it is a close call, and there is a lot of emotion behind it.

As you can see, I, thee querent, am combust. But the quesited, the bar exam as exemplified by the Moon, is applying by sextile to me, Mars. Leo is intercepted in the ninth house, some of whom might use that as a the ruler, is applying by conjunction to Mars. But then again, that makes it combust. Mars and Venus are applying by conjunction. And Jupiter is forming a wonderful sextile to Mars, albeit separating.

It all looks good to me—except for Mars being combust.

I have asked this question before, early on, once before the exam, which was favorable, and then again after taking the exam, back in February, which was unfavorable. Now, for some reason, I have asked again. I had this overwhelming feeling to ask, and this is what came out.

Does anyone see the same or do you see something entirely different?

tikana

your second chart is not showing positive at all
you need direct immidate aspect between L9 and L1 or Moon and L9

i dont see it.
T

Cypocryphy

your second chart is not showing positive at all
you need direct immidate aspect between L9 and L1 or Moon and L9

i dont see it.
T

What do you mean? Are we looking at the same chart?

I'm represented by Mercury, which is quite suitable since this is an issue of the mind (communication and the taking of an exam). Mercury is found in the 10th house, under the rulership of Pisces, the ruler being Jupiter (which represents the law or a lawyer). Saturn (hardship, trial) represents the exam. Saturn is in the 6th house, showing how laborious it is. Saturn and Mercury form an applying trine. Right there, this is very auspicious.

The Moon is forming an applying square with Saturn, but this is an aspect with 11º. I disregard this as being to wide of orb to have any influence. The Moon, however, is forming an applying trine with Jupiter, also representing my hopes and wishes, showing that they'll come true.

My significator could be said to be frustrated or impeded because of the conjunction with Mars, but this is a dissipating conjunction, so I say it doesn't. Furthermore, Mars is my co-ruler, and that too is forming an applying trine with Saturn (the exam).

That gives me three testimonies that say yes. How can you see a "no" in this?

And does anyone else see different?

IleneK

Premium Member

I'm represented by Mercury, which is quite suitable since this is an issue of the mind (communication and the taking of an exam). Mercury is found in the 10th house, under the rulership of Pisces, the ruler being Jupiter (which represents the law or a lawyer). Saturn (hardship, trial) represents the exam. Saturn is in the 6th house, showing how laborious it is. Saturn and Mercury form an applying trine. Right there, this is very auspicious.

The Moon is forming an applying square with Saturn, but this is an aspect with 11º. I disregard this as being to wide of orb to have any influence. The Moon, however, is forming an applying trine with Jupiter, also representing my hopes and wishes, showing that they'll come true.

My significator could be said to be frustrated or impeded because of the conjunction with Mars, but this is a dissipating conjunction, so I say it doesn't. Furthermore, Mars is my co-ruler, and that too is forming an applying trine with Saturn (the exam).

My only concern is that Mercury, in its detriment and fall, is both ruled by and applies to a square to Jupiter in its detriment in the 12th, before it trines Saturn. Not sure if that matters or not, but in any case, I am wishing you well in this matter.

Cypocryphy

My only concern is that Mercury, in its detriment and fall, is both ruled by and applies to a square to Jupiter in its detriment in the 12th, before it trines Saturn. Not sure if that matters or not, but in any case, I am wishing you well in this matter.

Doh! I forgot to mention that. That's why I don't like reading my own chart. I'm too optimistic!
Mercury is also in its fall. :-(. But Jupiter and mercury are in mutual reception, and I interpreted that as negating the square. I think it neutralizes the negative influence. Do you think so?

Anyway, thanks for the high hopes!!! :)

tikana

why Mars?

yeah we are looking at the same chart

asce 21 Gemini

Merc rules you
the test is saturn

Merc squares Jupiter which sits in your 12th (high education) that is like saying two drunks trying to help each other. Jupiter is very weak and Mercury is in its worst condition. You are not ready for that test.

merc is 5 pisce detriment and fall - BAD news!
moon is 0 aqua - it is conj mars - irrelevant

Now, you need Merc to aspect Saturn

Bad news.... you got Venus interfering with Saturn/Merc because on 12th of Feb Venus bypasses Saturn before Merc perfects with Saturn

Looks like a bust to me
don't kill the messenger.

T

Last edited:

IleneK

Premium Member
Bad news.... you got Venus interfering with Saturn/Merc because on 12th of Feb Venus bypasses Saturn before Merc perfects with Saturn

T

Hi, T.

This is just for my personal clarification, since I am still learning...

I see your point that Venus aspects Saturn on Feb 12, before Mercury can perfect its trine to Saturn.

However, Mercury squares Jupiter on Feb 9, before Mercury perfects with Saturn.

Does this have the same interfering or prohibiting effect as Venus' bypass? I am using the terms interference and prohibiting generically sense, since I have not learned their definitions according to horary practice.

Thank you for your comments.

IleneK

Premium Member
Doh! I forgot to mention that. That's why I don't like reading my own chart. I'm too optimistic!
Mercury is also in its fall. :-(. But Jupiter and mercury are in mutual reception, and I interpreted that as negating the square. I think it neutralizes the negative influence. Do you think so?

Anyway, thanks for the high hopes!!! :)

I've not enough experience to know for sure, but my gut feeling is that if both significators lack fundamental or essential dignity, then their being in mutual reception does not ameliorate the matter, since it doesn't change the original condition. It just shows an affinity between the weakened significators.

Keep us posted.

tikana

Hi..

Good question

yepp.. it is exactly the same

it is like you have 2 dogs (greyhound and a basset) going after the same ball
Who will get the ball first? The greyhound.

PLus the problem with both charts are.. he asked Did he pass the test.. so we gotta look for past aspects and they are not there.

Both charts are a bust if you ask me

T

Cypocryphy

why Mars?
Because Mars is a malefic planet, and it is influencing Mercury.

yeah we are looking at the same chart

asce 21 Gemini

Merc rules you
the test is saturn

Merc squares Jupiter which sits in your 12th (high education) that is like saying two drunks trying to help each other. Jupiter is very weak and Mercury is in its worst condition. You are not ready for that test.

OK. It might not be doing that good, but the chart, I believe, has to be looked at in the Gestalt. Also, it could be that Mercury represents situations for myself, hence my becoming sicker than I have ever been in my life shortly after this chart was made. Also, my computer malfunctioned during the exam, which really caused some problems. So this could be the actually result of the symbolic representation of Mercury so debilitated. But, it might not mean that I did not pass because there are many significations that say otherwise, which I will get to.

merc is 5 pisce detriment and fall - BAD news!
moon is 0 aqua - it is conj mars - irrelevant

How is it conjunct Mars? Mars is in perfect conjunction to Mercury.

Now, you need Merc to aspect Saturn

That's true. The Moon as well.

Looks like a bust to me
don't kill the messenger.

T

:lol: I won't do that.

Cypocryphy

I've not enough experience to know for sure, but my gut feeling is that if both significators lack fundamental or essential dignity, then their being in mutual reception does not ameliorate the matter, since it doesn't change the original condition. It just shows an affinity between the weakened significators.

Keep us posted.

Bonatus says that mutual reception abates all malice between planets, so I'm going off that. :cool: It works better for me. :lol:

I'll definitely keep you posted. Won't be long now, I think.