Is Sun square Moon the worst placement in a person's birth chart?

Astrology

Is Sun square Moon the worst placement in a person's birth chart? My sun sign is Scorpio and moon sign is Aquarius and I have this placement in my birth chart. If so, how bad can it be? And how is it bad? When will I overcome this challenge?

Love2Know

Is Sun square Moon the worst placement in a person's birth chart? My sun sign is Scorpio and moon sign is Aquarius and I have this placement in my birth chart. If so, how bad can it be? And how is it bad? When will I overcome this challenge?

Based on this singular aspect:

No and you are fine. You can just use it as motivation and avoid a stagnant life which is the true torture.

IleneK

Premium Member

There are all kinds of difficult aspects. Life is difficult at times and how this aspect typically manifests will in part be due to your feelings being at odds with your aspiration and your identity. But people have all kinds of contradictions and challenges going on in their psyche. And there is no reason that you will not come to understand how this aspects works in you and be able to engage it in a more meaningful way than by simply being blindsided by it.

Whoam1

My mars and Venus are in these signs. Aquarius is my dominant sign I'm ruled by Uranus then Saturn (even tho I'm a capy sun and AC). Scorpio is also high as Venus rules the MC and my moon is aspecting Pluto and is in the 8th house. Be more concerned if your dominant planets square each other (mine do and help form a fixed grandcross). In my case I lucked out bc they both rule over Aquarius but I can't say this is the case with everyone. My only thing for you is don't listen to the haters and don't get too cocky.

wan

It is usually good to have some tense aspects in a natal chart. They help the native grow.

petosiris

Banned

In Hellenistic astrology this is a good and favorable configuration because you get the Lot of Fortune angular (usually). Only if a malefic is configured with square or diameter with both luminaries does the configuration become bad.

Lin

Once you understand that the Sun represents your authentic self and the moon "reflects" this self....and that having the square means that the Moon does not reflect the Sun as it is but thru the Lens of the Moon, which is the dynamic of the PAST....brought forward to you by mother and family and family dynamics......then you can separate your REAL feelings from those you were taught...either verbally or non-verbally.

Once you know what your real and authentic feelings are, you can "feel" about yourself in a realistic way. Otherwise the bad habits and bad programming from childhood and the past live with you daily....that is the square.

But KNOWING what it is....and separating the real from the programmed....gives you some power to understand and then modify your life.

All squares represent conflict. In this case, the real you in conflict from the feelings and habits you acquired in the past....beginning in childhood.
LIN

JUPITERASC

There isn't really a worst or best placement.

There are just placements.
By that logic, being resident in tent city isn't really a worst placement
in comparison with
being resident in the White House
:smile:

That logic only applies astrologically.

Thank you, have a good day.
Exactly

and so
because astrologically
planets have homes aka domiciles

obviously then

astrologically
homes vary
and so clearly
some homes are better placed than others

petosiris

Banned
There are no worst or best placements, but there are bad and good placements. In Buddhism and common sense, every sensation is divided in three modes - unpleasant, neither and pleasant.

Similar, in astrology every placement is predominantly (never wholly, never 100%!) malefic (though I prefer the term bad than evil), neutral or benefic (good).

Lin

Or as I like to think about them....supportive or undermining influences.

Or easy and challenging.

Some aspects ARE harder to deal with than others. Some people DO have charts that have fewer extremely difficult challenges.

And yes, LUCK does exist.

BUT....you don't need a "lucky" chart to succeed in this lifetime.

Because life is a job. And if you think of it this way you will apply you skills and energy in the right way and often conquer the challenges.

And if you "stay real" and don't live in fantasy, you won't waste time.

And if you learn easily, you won't make the same mistakes again and again and you won't waste time.

And if you keep an open mind and attempt some objectivity you will have a better chance at a good life.
LIN

IleneK

Premium Member
In Hellenistic astrology this is a good and favorable configuration because you get the Lot of Fortune angular (usually). Only if a malefic is configured with square or diameter with both luminaries does the configuration become bad.

Good point. Likewise, I might add that if the square were Taurus Sun and Leo Moon, there is mutual reception, and thus so a harmony between the bodies which mitigates the difficulty of the square.

IleneK

Premium Member
There are no worst or best placements, but there are bad and good placements. In Buddhism and common sense, every sensation is divided in three modes - unpleasant, neither and pleasant.

Similar, in astrology every placement is predominantly (never wholly, never 100%!) malefic (though I prefer the term bad than evil), neutral or benefic (good).

Agreed!
[And not to put too fine a point on it, but I suspect strongly that there are an infinite number of characterizations in the range between malefic and benefic, rather than just neutral.:smile:]
Best to you.