Terrible insomnia

serafin5

Hey Astrologers having rough time with severe insomnia. Here is my Bday info as I am unable to post my chart:

2/19/64 11:30pm
Los Angeles, CA

Thank you
Serafin5

thelivingsky

Hello Serafin5,

I feel for you as I have had severe insomnia.

Your progressed Moon is conjunct progressed Mars in the sign of Aries - suggests emotional agitation, turbulence. This progressed conjunction is happening very close to your natal Venus the ruler of the 12th house (house associated with sleep, the subconscious.) This Progressed Mars/Moon is making squares to your Moon's Nodes.

Among the transits now happening for you are Neptune transiting your 4th House - it's at 9 degrees at the midpoint of your Sun and Chiron and Chiron itself has just come back to its natal position meaning you just had a Chiron return. You may want to search for Chiron return and read up on . This is the only transit that seems to me could be significant for your insomnia. There may be others in this forum who can give share personal accounts of their Chiron returns.

The positions of Mars and Uranus which would more likely cause disruption of sleep or impact the nervous system are not forming any very difficult aspects to your natal positions. How long have you been having the insomnia? Uranus recently transited the midpoint of your Sun and Moon. (last march)

Insomnia is a central nervous system issue, the nervous system is not allowing the necessary changes in the brain wave activity to permit sleep. yes, drugs can help but usually carry side effects and their m long term use creates dependence so that the user never gets past the secondary anxiety about their insomnia returning.

The things that worked for me include meditation and a full 20-30 minutes of controlled deep breathing exercises. If you have not done sustained deep breathing it will take a 30 minutes to get the breathing to change and it may also take several days of practice more than once a day for you to feel the huge difference in the body when you do this. It's worth the investment of time and effort for once you learn it, it will be great help in deepening your meditation and your general ability to cope with stress.

Another thing that I found was impacting my nervous system was air borne chemicals including perfumes of all kinds in personal hygiene products, cleaning products and even the fumes that emit form many new items like carpeting and things made of soft rubber. When I cleaned all the fragrance and fume emitting things out of my home I started sleeping well again. When I start bringing that stuff back, my nervous system gets weird again. You just might have some significant environmental sensitivities that need to be uncovered. If you have these sensitivities all the meds and meditation in the world will not solve the problem.

You recently had Neptune transit your natal Sun 2011-2013. When I had this transit, that was when my sensitivities manifested and I had the worst of the insomnia. I also suffered a pretty significant depression too as a result of the insomnia and the other stresses in my life. I see that you also recently had Uranus transit over your Venus ans Jupiter conjunction. Since Venus is the 7th house ruler for you it implies that there may have been a marital breakup or pother partnership upset? Pluto would have been squaring that position too so I think you likely have just come though some rough times and perhaps are having some PTSD issue as a result. Are you holding on to a relationship that is not working well? maybe there is some denial going on that is fueling the insomnia. If so counseling and/or meditation usually helps.

I see you have Mars Conjunct Saturn in your natal chart. I am doing a study on women with this aspect. If you feel like sharing some info with me, you can send me a PM through this site or at my blog at www.thelivingsky.wordpress.com Mars conjunct Saturn tends to make us hard-working, independent and hyper responsible, but also tends to bring men into our lives who can be quite selfish if not downright cruel. I have it in my natal and I am trying to figure out how to get the best out of this aspect.

Good luck,

Barb at the Living Sky

thelivingsky

Hello again,
I neglected too mention a very significant transit of Saturn that is currently in direct opposition to the Moon in your 7th House - house of partners and open enemies. It is sitting in the T-square in your natal squaring your Mars-Saturn conjunction - my guess would be that you are experiencing extreme frustration somewhere and feeling blocked- that there are obstacles everywhere preventing you from exercising your will. Saturn will move out of this configuration by the end of the year. maybe you need to find an outlet for your frustration? find healthy ways to vent ? like exercise or ???

serafin5

Hello again,
I neglected too mention a very significant transit of Saturn that is currently in direct opposition to the Moon in your 7th House - house of partners and open enemies. It is sitting in the T-square in your natal squaring your Mars-Saturn conjunction - my guess would be that you are experiencing extreme frustration somewhere and feeling blocked- that there are obstacles everywhere preventing you from exercising your will. Saturn will move out of this configuration by the end of the year. maybe you need to find an outlet for your frustration? find healthy ways to vent ? like exercise or ???

Thank you so much Barb! This has been an utterly hellish year so I am looking forward to Saturn getting off my planets for sure!!!

Great advice by the way and you are spot-on!!!

Serafin5

PS- I would be more than happy to assist you in your study. :)

The insomnia may be due to Uranus' transit over Jupiter, which rose on the day of birth at 18 11 Aries. Uranus is passing over it this year on May 7th and October 20th and next year on Feburary 27th. You posted your appeal on May 8th.

serafin5

The insomnia may be due to Uranus' transit over Jupiter, which rose on the day of birth at 18 11 Aries. Uranus is passing over it this year on May 7th and October 20th and next year on Feburary 27th. You posted your appeal on May 8th.

Yes I have and thanks for your input. Just one rough time and hoping next year is better.

God bless
Serafin5

JUPITERASC

Yes I have and thanks for your input.
Just one rough time and hoping next year is better.

God bless
Serafin5
Maybe you already checked these out, but if not :smile:

images

images
hops

images
Lavender tea

images
Camomile tea

craft94

Not astrology related, but I have a very difficult time sleeping too, and Melatonin helps a lot, if you want to try that. You're supposed to take it an hour or so before going to bed. It tends to give very vivid dreams. Talk to a pharmacist or a doctor about it first, of course.

Last edited:

serafin5

Not astrology related, but I have a very difficult time sleeping too, and Melatonin helps a lot, if you want to try that. You're supposed to take it an hour or so before going to bed. It tends to give very vivid dreams. Talk to a pharmacist or a doctor about it first, of course.

Thank you so much CRAFT94, great advice! Melatonin is exactly where I'm heading and I'm seeing that natural therapies are the direction I'm heading in as well as meditation and much spiritual healing.

I seem to be getting a bit better, coming out of the fog. Thank you to this supportive community <3!

Serafin5

Virinchi

Heat on flame 100 gms of sesame seeds oil and add 3 gms of edible camphor to it while heating.
Stir it to mix well.
Store this mixed oil after cooling into a bottle.
Every night, take small quantity of this oil, warm it on flame and massage underfeet with it.
Within 30 minutes you'll fall asleep

serafin5

Heat on flame 100 gms of sesame seeds oil and add 3 gms of edible camphor to it while heating.
Stir it to mix well.
Store this mixed oil after cooling into a bottle.
Every night, take small quantity of this oil, warm it on flame and massage underfeet with it.
Within 30 minutes you'll fall asleep

Thank you Virinchi. May I inquire as to your reference of this recipe? Interesting idea and much appreciated.

Serafin5

Virinchi

[un]fortunately every recipe does not have a reference in other site(s).
Few are original.
It is very old ayurvedic method.
When this works, you'll refer it to others