Venus/Mars Midpoint hard aspect Ceres

ellie04

How do you interpret the Point of Passion in hard aspect to Ceres in Synastry? Ceres person's nurturing style stimulates the sexual passion of the V/M midpoint person?

ElenaJ

Ceres is the nurturing asteroid, the energy that is symbolised by a mother's love.
Wikipedia adds "The goddess (and metaphorically the planet) is also associated with the reproductive issues of an adult woman, as well as pregnancy and other major transitions in a woman's life, including the nine months of gestation time, family bonds and relationships."
Rather than sexual passion, it would maybe indicate a longing for motherhood, and in a stressful aspect, perhaps not agreed on by both, or with its timing off.
What signs are they in?

rahu

Banned
How do you interpret the Point of Passion in hard aspect to Ceres in Synastry? Ceres person's nurturing style stimulates the sexual passion of the V/M midpoint person?

I would phrase it slightly different. the love between you is sincere and nurturing.

rahu

ellie04

Thanks for the replies! Rahu, that's such a nice interpretation. :happy:

@ElenaJ, I read that only hard aspects are considered in midpoint contacts? My Ceres in Aries (conjunct Chiron, opposite Uranus, trine Valentine). His Ceres in Scorpio (conjunct Amor, trine Jupiter, opposite Chiron).

ElenaJ

"I read that only hard aspects are considered in midpoint contacts"
Where did you see this? I've never heard of it, and don't consider it.

ellie04

I read it on Jewel's post and some explained that it's because hard aspects are felt more powerfully.

ElenaJ

Hard aspects are felt powerfully anywhere, but sounds very strange that Jewel said to consider only those in midpoints. Send a link if you can still find it.

ElenaJ

Ok, thank you.
In effect, she is saying to consider conjunction/opposition/square aspects, not sextile, semi-sextile, trine, etc etc.
That is because a mid-point is actually a place in space, not an object in itself, so the stronger aspects are considered.. conjunction, opposition, square, while the others are dispersive. In this case, I think the word hard refers to strong.
So, having Venus/mars midpoint conjunct Ceres is included in this category of "hard".

rahu

Banned

I think one must consult a authority on this subject. in the classic book, a combination of stellar influences... the bible of midpoint works, it is stated that trines and sextile to midpoints do not seem to have much affect
rahu

ellie04

@ElenaJ

Yes, I mentioned hard aspects (which are conj, opp, square like you said). We don't have the conjunction. My V/M midpoint opposes his Ceres while his V/M midpoint square my Ceres/Uranus so I'm guessing he might feel my nurturing as very on/off.

But we do really care about each other and he has described his feelings for me as "sincere", so how rahu described it sounds apt.

rahu

Banned
@ElenaJ

Yes, I mentioned hard aspects (which are conj, opp, square like you said). We don't have the conjunction. My V/M midpoint opposes his Ceres while his V/M midpoint square my Ceres/Uranus so I'm guessing he might feel my nurturing as very on/off.

But we do really care about each other and he has described his feelings for me as "sincere", so how rahu described it sounds apt.

just a note. midpoint come in pairs. when you make the calculation, there is a far and near midpoint created because we are dealing with a ciricle. so
thee is really no opposition as the far and near midpoint form axis that connects them.
generally the way I conceptualize squares is that the energy of the symbols cross each other. and if their natures are compatible them the square is favorable . but if the natures are opposite then the square can shows negative tensions. for instance,using Jupiter and venus as a example,a square to venus and Jupiter is usually always good because their natures are so similar. with this square problems that can aries are usually involved with extravagance and immoderation.
rahu

ellie04

just a note. midpoint come in pairs. when you make the calculation, there is a far and near midpoint created because we are dealing with a ciricle. so
thee is really no opposition as the far and near midpoint form axis that connects them.
generally the way I conceptualize squares is that the energy of the symbols cross each other. and if their natures are compatible them the square is favorable . but if the natures are opposite then the square can shows negative tensions. for instance,using Jupiter and venus as a example,a square to venus and Jupiter is usually always good because their natures are so similar. with this square problems that can aries are usually involved with extravagance and immoderation.
rahu

Thanks for this!