Personality -moon

love-thinking

So throughout my astrological journey, I have learnt a lot about the different facets of what a person usually wants to learn and know. I have delved into many different types of astrology and although this is anecdotal, I want to share some of the things I have learnt. I will start by talking about personality, move on to prediction, love, looks, and perhaps in a few days I'll do past lives.

From my experience, the moon is atleast 45 percent of who you are, and the general archetype that you play in the world. Then the asc and sometimes the sun is almost never truly felt.

Why? The moon is the most sensitive point in your chart, the closest celestial body to the earth directly affecting the tides of the earth, and even having a measurable affect on humans moods. In vedic astrology, the moon is the single most important factor in one's chart.

The asc creates the framework to one's life, creates the houses but since it is another very time-sensitive point in one's chart, it also affects who you are and who you were almost socialized to be. Asc is your ego and moon is your Id.

The sun on the other hand, I would argue is the philosophy you must adapt to go far in life. The sun represents the father, and back in the day the son used to work what ever the father used to be. Only then will the son get by in life. It's kind of like the overarching lesson you must learn, an overarching shadow you must interact with, or simply what you must do to get by. As a capricorn sun, I have learnt that without hard work, I will never have a good life. Hardwork being a capricorn sun is kind of like my mantra. In a way it's like the second north node. The north node and the sun is what you must learn and whose ways you must adopt to get far.

Now my reasoning for moon being such a huge influence has to do with assessing the personality of my friends, trying to assess the archetypes one plays in shows and in a way I have found almost like a correlation between their moon signs and the character they remind me of in the show itself(note that there's not always a correlation because of the fact that they are acting). But I've seen almost many correspondances; a lot more than it to be a coincidence.

And if their moon sign is not in that corresponding sign, it will for surely be caused by an aspect to a planet which has it's particular characteristics which may or may not always be related to the signs it rules.

So overwhelmingly I found that moon sign, house, and aspects to planets represent the persons's personality and sometimes it's all that's needed to explain their temperament and nature. Sometimes Aspects to planets override sign and house. So in general, to keep it simple, the house your moon is placed in is where your hobby, and comfort zone is. The sign and the aspects to planets will shape your personality, with the adverse aspects(more particularly the square, inconjunctions and sometimes the opposition) having a more noticible, and dark side version of that planet/sign the planet represents. The moon nakshatra(lunar mansion) is also very important and will further contribute to flavour your personality.

Your asc is basically what you are socialized to think was a nice way to act around people. It's like a mask you adopted to get the reaction that you want. For example a capricorn asc has learnt that being being responsible will get them the reinforcement/appreciation they need from the parent so that's the role they often adopt. A libra asc has learnt balance is a craft to optimize all that she wants and desires, a pretty appearance that isn't overtly flamboyant(unlike a leo), a charming and agreeable personality with the perfect amount of wit(being a air sign), will get her whatever it is she wants from others.

I also think if a conjunction is hard/soft aspect the moon, it will take on the qualities of the conjunction rather than one and the other one. For example, I have moon trine mars-neptune-uranus conjunction, and there's nothing about mars conjunct neptune or mars conjunct uranus that does not explain me. And in conjunctions, I believe usually the slower planet takes over the flavour of the joined energies. So Mars conjunct neptune will take much of the neptune flavour. For example, this could be interpreted as the way this person acts/angers/exerts will/moves/exerts will on/ has sex is in a neptunian way and as it aspects to the moon, it is an integral part of who they are as a person(something that defines their temperament in a way).

I also want to emphasize that if we are going to take astrology seriously, we have to start correlating it to things that can be researched, tested and measured(at least some aspects of astrology) to reduce any misinformation about it at least.

So I wanted to bring in the MBTI and it's best astrological correspondances, including the hippocrates four humours.

https://www.slideshare.net/Ronal26Killerz/mbtiastrology-correlation

So to riiterate, moon would be your personality/temperament. So you look at sign/house/aspects to planets and get an agrevate/average to determine temperament which I guarantee will correspond to the mbti personality type that best fits it.

Somna7H

Banned
Thank you!

Personality/temperament is not a fix thing in my case. There are lot of aspetcs on moon. Moon in Gemini 2nd H. Moon adpected by Venus, Fortuna, Mars, Pluto, Vertex, Jupiter, Neptune, Juno etc.

Witchyone

Interesting observations. Your take on rising sign fits my experience. I feel like you might be downplaying sun a bit too much, but it's good food for thought.

I can confirm that my MBTI matches my moon sign. I'm INFP and Pisces moon.

Starsareround

This is going to sound weirdly morbid when I don’t mean it that way, but I think of the Sun sign as your obituary. You know, so and so came from these parents, had these kids, worked as a such and such. Important info, and actually the only info that lives on about most of us when we die....but it’s not the “interesting” stuff. The personality, the heart and soul...

love-thinking

Interesting observations. Your take on rising sign fits my experience. I feel like you might be downplaying sun a bit too much, but it's good food for thought.

You might be right about the downplay of the sun. But think of it this way, in your year 1/12 people have the same sun sign as you. If you ask half of the those people, whether they can relate to their sun sign, half would say no, and for those that did say they could, a huge percentage of people around them are going to disagree even if they agree, and another huge percentage of the people who said yes, simply agreed to the characteristics simply because the shallow characteristics to the zodiac sign is something they WANT to be rather than not. For example, for a virgo, everyone wants to feel like they are a clean person etc.

Then you have the moon, and very close aspects especially conjunctions to one's chart to which I have seen again and again truly represents the personality and how other people see them. So let's say on an average chart, they have 3 conjunctions at a small orb, and moon in a certain sign, another house, making at least three aspects, there is absolutely way too many characteristics to work with in the lifetime, for anyone including the person to clearly view the sun in any shape or form. The personality traits that show are the most personal and unique to that individual and that's how I think a birth chart works.

I'll give you my example. I have moon in taurus, in the 8th, opposite pluto, trine mars, uranus, and neptune. One of my major conjunctions are a mars conjunct neptune. And my sun is in cap.

Moon in taurus, love chocalate, comfort, food-used to be fat too growing up, I can be a slob when I have no goals to attend to. Moon in the 8th house-my hobby is research, occult, secret societies, horror movies, paranormal etc. Moon with pluto, extremely passionate and when I'm hurt, I'll say the most hurtful things and I'm vengeful, I've thought I was borderline at some point(the dark side of scorpio traits are present in me), then you have trine neptune(I daydream all the time, too idealistic, very kind and compassionate, charitable-infp too by the way), trine uranus(emphasizing the humanitarian aspect of neptune, but unlike a lot of pisces, taurus, and even scorp qualities, I'm extremely silly, and eccentric).

My closest conjunction is mars conjunct neptune, and this is apparent in every grain of my being.

Ask people who I am, they'll tell you either I'm the kindest human being they've met, or that I'm stubborn and secretive and into weird things, and sometimes just plain weird that laughs a lot, and tells ****** jokes, and does little things to get a reaction. I have also been called passive aggressive and avoidant like my mars conjunct neptune aspect but extremely unexpectedly ruthless and vicious when you've hurt me. Ask my enemies about who I am, they'll tell you my words ****** them up for a month. I've had a girl write a ten page letter to me once because they couldn't handle the truths I spewed.

Now my sun is in capricorn, ask people whether I respect authority, abide to routine, responsible, social-climbing, dry, cold, practical? They will laugh in your face. But for my goals and purposes, I have realized the harder I work, the further I will get in life so I have to adopt those values. I do work hard, and have worked hard like Saturn in my life to achieve goals, but ask someone if that's what they know me for, ask someone whether that's the most unique thing they can say about me, and they would all say no.

And my libra asc is apparent in the way I speak to you when you first meet me, and how I dress every day. Subtle, soft, charming, fair and balanced when I'm not personal with you.

When observing other people's charts, I've come to a conclusion, it works something like that for them as well.

love-thinking

This is going to sound weirdly morbid when I don’t mean it that way, but I think of the Sun sign as your obituary. You know, so and so came from these parents, had these kids, worked as a such and such. Important info, and actually the only info that lives on about most of us when we die....but it’s not the “interesting” stuff. The personality, the heart and soul...

That makes sense.

love-thinking

I'll give you another example. Angelina Jolie: Her sun is in gemini conjunct mercury, moon is in aries conjunct mars, opposite pluto trine neptune, and her asc is in cancer conjunct venus.

If you know anything about her life, you'll know how passionate and impulsive she was. She said things like it had no tact whatsoever and extremely reckless, seductive. She was that girl who would go up to a guy and say, I really want you, and kiss him in front of everyone. This also corresponds to some of her earlier movies like girl inturrupted and gia. She's also wanted to be a funeral director like her mars and pluto friends and had a terrible relationship with her father to a point where he called her mental. She also had a moon conjunct jupiter and trine neptune so she was definitely giving and "impulsively empathetic." Now luckily, she had the looks and talents so that her recklessness fit right in with the overall persona/archetype and blended appropriately.

Now eventually, she realized that adopting the mother archetype will help her and adopting children (cancer asc), and clearly she cares about keeping her beauty and knows that it will benefit her(venus on the asc). This is contrasting to many beautiful woman who lost their looks eventually despite being gorgeous as they weren't conditioned(asc-ID) to believe that their looks were vital to their self image, and getting further in life. (Now in this current age, everyone things that way to an extent, but some woman more) Things like this is also true when neptune is on your asc but the difference with venus on your asc is that you want to keep your natural looks, whereas with neptune, you want at least the resources(make up, body suit) to put up an illusion aka kim kardashian. And we all can admit that so far angelina jolie has been excellent at preserving her natural good looks.

Now her sun in gemini conjunct mercury is not very apparent, if at all to the public; perhaps in relation to her father, if at all. But somehow, some place, it is personal to her, something only she is aware of, some rule she had to adopt in order to get far in life, keep the persona successful. It might even affect her looks, which I will get to in another thread about looks.

The sun is like the make up spray, it keeps the make up or the mask in other words in place; just like the sun preserves life, and the father acts as a foundation; in old times, and even now in some places, you're known by your father's name, or your father's side of the family were considered more important and they were the ones who had the right to scold you.

Whoam1

Maybe you guys should look at your nakshatra charts. Look at the ruler of you Moon sign and Nakshatras placements after you look into the moon Nakshatra placement.

My Sun is the ruler of my Moon, Venus is the Nakshtra ruler. Jupiter is my Suns and AC ruler and the ruler of my Venus Nakshatra. Then my Moon is aspected in one hard aspect (by Pluto).

My energy is Solar/Jovial, Venusian, and plutonian. It fits together like a puzzle.

I agree with the idea here.

The moon represent ingrained patterns of behavior or the feminine self; the Sun is will-power, conscious action. I think the over emphasis of the sun as determining the personality stems from the desire to identify and be indentified with one's potential rather than one's habits.

Witchyone

You might be right about the downplay of the sun. But think of it this way, in your year 1/12 people have the same sun sign as you. If you ask half of the those people, whether they can relate to their sun sign, half would say no, and for those that did say they could, a huge percentage of people around them are going to disagree even if they agree, and another huge percentage of the people who said yes, simply agreed to the characteristics simply because the shallow characteristics to the zodiac sign is something they WANT to be rather than not. For example, for a virgo, everyone wants to feel like they are a clean person etc.

Then you have the moon, and very close aspects especially conjunctions to one's chart to which I have seen again and again truly represents the personality and how other people see them. So let's say on an average chart, they have 3 conjunctions at a small orb, and moon in a certain sign, another house, making at least three aspects, there is absolutely way too many characteristics to work with in the lifetime, for anyone including the person to clearly view the sun in any shape or form. The personality traits that show are the most personal and unique to that individual and that's how I think a birth chart works.

I'll give you my example. I have moon in taurus, in the 8th, opposite pluto, trine mars, uranus, and neptune. One of my major conjunctions are a mars conjunct neptune. And my sun is in cap.

Moon in taurus, love chocalate, comfort, food-used to be fat too growing up, I can be a slob when I have no goals to attend to. Moon in the 8th house-my hobby is research, occult, secret societies, horror movies, paranormal etc. Moon with pluto, extremely passionate and when I'm hurt, I'll say the most hurtful things and I'm vengeful, I've thought I was borderline at some point(the dark side of scorpio traits are present in me), then you have trine neptune(I daydream all the time, too idealistic, very kind and compassionate, charitable-infp too by the way), trine uranus(emphasizing the humanitarian aspect of neptune, but unlike a lot of pisces, taurus, and even scorp qualities, I'm extremely silly, and eccentric).

My closest conjunction is mars conjunct neptune, and this is apparent in every grain of my being.

Ask people who I am, they'll tell you either I'm the kindest human being they've met, or that I'm stubborn and secretive and into weird things, and sometimes just plain weird that laughs a lot, and tells ****** jokes, and does little things to get a reaction. I have also been called passive aggressive and avoidant like my mars conjunct neptune aspect but extremely unexpectedly ruthless and vicious when you've hurt me. Ask my enemies about who I am, they'll tell you my words ****** them up for a month. I've had a girl write a ten page letter to me once because they couldn't handle the truths I spewed.

Now my sun is in capricorn, ask people whether I respect authority, abide to routine, responsible, social-climbing, dry, cold, practical? They will laugh in your face. But for my goals and purposes, I have realized the harder I work, the further I will get in life so I have to adopt those values. I do work hard, and have worked hard like Saturn in my life to achieve goals, but ask someone if that's what they know me for, ask someone whether that's the most unique thing they can say about me, and they would all say no.

And my libra asc is apparent in the way I speak to you when you first meet me, and how I dress every day. Subtle, soft, charming, fair and balanced when I'm not personal with you.

When observing other people's charts, I've come to a conclusion, it works something like that for them as well.

If I do disagree it's just a matter of degree. I don't identify super strongly with my own sun sign (Gemini). Interestingly, it comes out more online than it does in real life, as does my Leo Mars. My mother is a shy Leo. My sister is a loud, outgoing Virgo. I used to think astrology was bunk when I only knew sun signs.

Still though, there are only 12 signs, so everyone on the planet has each of their placements in 1 of 12. Those of us in the West tend to know our Western sun sign before we learn anything else about astrology because there are generic columns about it in popular magazines and newspapers, and of course, all over online. We also tend to grow up knowing our classmates' and coworkers' birthdays, so I think most of us form opinions about how well we match our sun sign and embrace it or reject it before we know anything else about astrology.

There is one axis that I think tends to show their sun sign more than others, and that's Taurus-Scorpio. I almost always can guess when someone is one of those sun signs. Has anyone else noticed that?

I think it's a really interesting observation you made about the rising sign, and it's one I haven't heard before. I did interpret what I heard growing up to mean that I should treat people in a sincere, friendly way, that I should voice my opinion but shouldn't force my will on them, and that I shouldn't show too much of my inner emotions until I am close to them. I am like that with most people, particularly at work, and that matches my Taurus rising.

What placement do you think shows up most in online discussions? I freely spill more in writing than I ever do verbally, which means there are online strangers who have heard me voice ideas friends never have.

BaoSanniang

1. My ascendant's in Sagittarius at 18.01 degrees but bold, impulsive, carefree, and energetic certainly aren't the impressions I give people when they first meet me. I've read SAG ascendant tends to be tall, athletic, and well-built in its physical build, but I'm 5'10 (taller than average for Sichuanese but not very tall) and anything but athletic. Does my Jupiter in Capricorn remove traits that SAG ascendant would normally have? However, I'm not particularly Capricorn-like either. While I'm polite and shy, I certainly don't give off a serious, ambitious vibe. I'm anything but ambitious when it comes to work and career, I'm a total drifter. My Jupiter's in the 1st house.

2. Moon in Aquarius, 2nd house. Since the moon represents the mother, it's scary how my mom's actually an Aquarius (January 23rd, 1970), and since the second house rules money, she mainly bought me things but was emotionally quite distant and preoccupied in her own world. She's quite social and has many friends, and is quite adept at dealing with people, which is something I suck at. While I do love comfortable surroundings (but not extravagant), I disagree with some analyses that say Moon in 2nd house / Taurus gives the native materialistic tendencies. I'm simply not interested in having nice things, I have no desire whatsoever for the latest trendy clothes, gadgets, cars etc. (I can't even drive)

-I believe the best way that my Moon in Aquarius is reflected in my personality is an inclination towards spiritual and metaphysical subjects. I'm somewhat of a philosopher and intellectual that often lives in my own world (but not completely ignorant to the world around me), I can be really into investigating human nature, how and why myself and others feel what they feel. Of course this sometimes draws me into conflict with my Cancer sun and Mercury, which are ALL about raw feeling and emotions. Moon in Aquarius also gives me a bit of a rebellious streak, I can be a bit of a loner that others perceive as odd or eccentric in some way but they can't really explain why. I am also a rebel in the sense that I hate it when I have to do things or "play the game" at someone else's level, I'd much raise them to my level through time spent together and me influencing them through everything I say and do.

Now, looking at my lunar aspects:

Moon Trine Ascendant: I don't actually know this aspect well so I need explanation.

Moon Trine Venus: I believe this is one of, if not the most important aspect among the personal planets in my chart. The two most feminine energies in the best possible aspect to each other. My life has been shaped by women a lot more than men. I have absolutely no fear of showing my feminine side and don't shy away from "girl talk". Perhaps this is also cultural (East Asian), but I've often thought that men with longer hair and a more feminine look are not only perfectly fine, but I'd even want to have a look like that. I genuinely enjoy feminine stuff and feminine beauty, a lot of guy stuff actually turns me off. Though I'm far from refined, nor do I really want to be, there have been some males who've commented on my lack of roughness. I have quite a soft singing voice that makes me ill-suited to singing many songs by male singers (except those guy singers with soft, or at least not-so-rough voices) while excelling at singing songs by female singers. I haven't paid much attention to this until recently, but slightly over half of the music I listen to are by female singers or if they're sung by men, are much softer than typical male voices. Some examples for the latter would be JJ Lin, 苏打绿,周深。

Moon Trine Mars: My Moon and Mars in this aspect have an orb of 0.45, but I feel its influence much less than my Moon Trine Venus. According to descrptions it's supposed to make me very soft ad emotional yet passionate, daring, charismatic, and fiercely protective, but so far I don't see these traits in me. Could it be because my Mars is a fairly weak planet in my chart?

Moon Sextile Juno

Moon Trine Descendant