Edgar Cayce on astrology

I haven't posted in here for while...

I was just reading some of Edgar Cayce's theories on astrology, to be honest I have not read a lot of his work. I was just reading his ideas on astrology, and I really liked his view of the solar system being like a "University" were we are learning and evolving. http://www.near-death.com/experiences/cayce08.html

What are people's thoughts on each planet being an afterlife realm. According to Cayce Earth is the third realm in the afterlife heirachy. Mercury in the second after life realm.

Cayce revealed that each afterlife realm has a particular astrological function that influences us physically by the corresponding planets in order to attain soul growth. Cayce identified the planet Earth as the realm of testing. Cayce stated that the Earth is the cause and effect dimension. This means that if a soul has a mental ideal and would like to physically manifest this ideal for the purpose of education, the soul can come to the Earth to be tested and apply themselves. By actually going through the experience themselves on Earth they can realize if what they believe is true (or not true) for themselves. The Earth realm is good for overcoming certain weaknesses and applying yourself to see that those weaknesses are truly overcome. Here we can learn for certain whether we have really changed. It is one thing to have an idea; but its another thing to make this idea into a physical reality. This is why we come to planet Earth.

Although I like the part where it says earth is the testing place to see if we have really changed.

It certainly takes the mind out there, I might have to go and focus on my planetary lessons for a while. And see if I have really learned them.

[Reason for editing: exceeded 100 words]

Last edited by a moderator:
Great find Shining Ray. He wrote about the star Arcturus. Can't find it anywhere. Let us know if you see it.

To fire up the Pituitary Gland use Ginko biloba (not if you are a bleeder or have weak capiliaries, it acts like aspirin, blood thinner).

To fire up the Pineal Gland use Melatonin (hormone).

Edit - I would question his planetary rulerships of the endocrine glands. I'm sure Pineal = Neptune (dreams)

Last edited:

starlink

Hello Shining Ray! Very nice to hear from you again! I find what you found most interesting and I very much believe that Edgar is right. It just seems to fit everything. I guess we can figure out from our own charts, which realm we are at this moment re-living on earth. Anything written about the Pluto realm:)?

What I do question, or rather, have a question about, is why
the soul can move on to other afterlife realms and even other solar systems where other souls are going through the same thing.

First of all the fact that we can (but apparently dont have to) go to other afterlife realms and secondly, why having to go through the same thing again?? after we supposedly have learned all our lessons?

This second part, to me anyways, seems unnecessary somehow.

Very interesting and probably also controversial topic! Thanks!

Starlink

EJ53

Banned
Shining Ray

The idea of planets as "afterlife realms" makes sense to me - each being a place for intensive study of its particular characteristics (Mars = anger, aggression, action, etc.) but with the soul having control over it's actions to ensure that the lessons are learnt. Then, we "come down to earth" to put the learning into practice without clear guidance from the soul - and distracted by physical temptations. It's akin to a monk easily observing the vow of silence in the Monastry but, when out in the world, cries out in pain if someone steps on his foot. When we can do on earth as we do in afterlife realms, our time here is done.

Star

...After all the afterlife realms associated with our solar system have been fully experienced and all the lessons have been fully learned and the proper level of soul growth has been attained, the soul can move on to other afterlife realms and even other solar systems where other souls are going through the same thing.

Maybe it's the words in bold type that make the difference here. Perhaps, it's like learning history to the highest standard at school (our solar system) and opting to study it further at university (a more advanced solar system).

EJ:)

Last edited:
jamiescott said:
Great find Shining Ray. He wrote about the star Arcturus. Can't find it anywhere. Let us know if you see it.

To fire up the Pituitary Gland use Ginko biloba (not if you are a bleeder or have weak capiliaries, it acts like aspirin, blood thinner).

To fire up the Pineal Gland use Melatonin (hormone).

Edit - I would question his planetary rulerships of the endocrine glands. I'm sure Pineal = Neptune (dreams)

Hi Jamie,

There are a few bits of information on the net, not sure it's what you are looking for.

In a reading in which the 'sleeping prophet' describes philosophical concepts as they relate to religious tenets, Edgar Cayce mentions Arcturus.

(Q) The sixth problem concerns interplanetary and inter-system dwelling, between earthly lives. It was given through this source that the entity Edgar Cayce, after the experience as Uhjltd, went to the system of Arcturus, and then returned to earth. Does this indicate a usual or an unusual step in soul evolution?

(A) As indicated, or as has been indicated in other sources besides this as respecting this very problem, - Arcturus is that which may be called the center of this universe, through which individuals pass and at which period there comes the choice of the individual as to whether it is to return to complete there - that is, in this planetary system, our sun, the earth sun and its planetary system - or to pass on to others. This was an unusual step, and yet a usual one.

A couple of links, which mentioned the star below.

http://www.near-death.com/experiences/paranormal05.html

http://www.dprins.demon.nl/convergence/9911.html

I wouldn't have a clue on what planets rule the different glands, your more knowledgeble in this area :) .

tsquare

Yes, that is of course possible. We are still in Kindergarten most probably....:)
Who's we?
(joke)(laugh)

-----

Cayces stuff looks very much like magic.
Did Cayce study magic, I doubt it myself, but I don't know enough of Cayce....I thought he was a good Christian Boy who thought astrology was quite naughty till he couldn't disprove it and came across it in his readings.........then and only then did he give it an eye, or so I read once....I love a skeptic, I really do.

http://www.hermes-press.com/bardon1.htm#four

From "In the Domain of the Spirit Beings"

…astrologers have discovered a somehow workable synthesis, but unfortunately the astrologers of today uses this chiefly only for mantic purposes, and it is hardly known that astrology actually only gives a partial explanation of the influences of these spheres, of planets and zodiacal signs. The astrological part of the higher spheres will not be dealt with here, for it does not come within the scope of this book. The true magician, however, will find a much closer relation between the individual spheres, if he deals with astrology, and will notice that astrology shows the true influences

[deleted overly long quote of copyrighted text against forum policy - Moderator]

IMO astologers should not take a big poop on magic and call it unrelated...thats narowminded to the extreme, and probably just plain stupid.(laugh)
I think it is relevant to what Cayce had to say.
Why am I even preparing to defend my POV?
:(
Bah,
It's there, you can look.
I'm still looking too.
A while back I posted the 360 heads of the sphere girding the earth....(nobody cared(laugh))
when used with a cypher the beings names are really stars.....those stars are said to have particular properties...they are listed...there is also some interseting chat on the ASC in this book in that area...around the being of the sphere chat...
Oh hell, here's the link.
3. The 360 Heads of the Zone Girdling the Earth

It is intersting what is said about..the being that "inspires one" on the asc.
And I always wanted to know what Crowley meant by "every man is a star"
I have no idea...not a big Crowley reader.
I have wondered if that is related in any way.
no clue.
Either way it is some interesting stuff.
For me anyhow.

So are we just composites of various beinges like that guy made of bugs on Tim Burtons Nightmare Before Christmas...oogie boogie man, I think was his name....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOeV3LsgIWw

Love,
Oogie Boogie Man

Last edited by a moderator:

piercethevale

In reply to tsquares' question concerning Cayces overall outlook on 'astrology'...Cayce stated that the 'Science of Astrology' is very much valid but that it was not properly understood to be of much use [at the time of these readings in the early 20th century] and that by applying what WAS believed to be the proper interpretations of 'astrology' then would probably do more harm than good...Please note all you 'Classical and/or Traditional' Astrologers who feel we 'Modernists' are corrupting your time honored 'craft'...I don't think so!
Cayce always stressed that 'Free Will' was far greater than any Astrological influence and that your will is your dominant determining force.
Cayce had much to say about the 'Magi' and other ancient schools and ancient Astrologers and praised those ancients for their outstanding understanding of these cosmic forces.
I believe it was Cayce whom said it was Akhenatons personal Astrologer whom originally predicted the coming of Jesus some 1100 years before the occurance and that the Essenes [of which tribe Jesus was supposedly a member] were the Hebrews who believed in this prophecy and were the "Expectant Ones" [Essene means 'One who is expecting or awaiting'].
...also of interest is that Cayce said that Akhenaton was a prior incarnation of the soul known as Amilius whom in turn re-incarnated for a final time as Yeshua ben David...aka Jesus of Nazareth.

Last edited:

RayAustin

piercethevale said:
In reply to tsquares' question concerning Cayces overall outlook on 'astrology'...Cayce stated that the 'Science of Astrology' is very much valid but that it was not properly understood to be of much use [at the time of these readings in the early 2)th century] and that by applying what WAS believed to be the proper interpretations of 'astrology' then would probably do more harm than good...Please note all you 'Classical and/or Traditional' Astrologers who feel we 'Modernists' are corrupting your time honored 'craft'...I don't think so!

Well Cayce was as human as all of us, and this is his opinion. I don't think he is any more special than anyone else, that his word is gold. Just because he's prophetic, doesn't mean every single thing he says should be taken for granted. If you choose to believe him, well, that's up to you, but I fail to see him as some sort of 'god', authority, or absolute source of knowledge. And it's funny that most people that aren't astrologers themselves say things like this .. (not you, Cayce :) ) therefore.. to a sense.. how dare he :)

Ray

Last edited:

piercethevale

To Ray Austin...You and many others share this opinion of Cayce...I myself have never found any reason to doubt him...that is as far as what was...his predictions on the future are not to be taken as a sure thing though.
I've often had to defend this craft/science of Astrology from Christian, Jewish and Muslim 'fundamentalists' though.
As I like to point out the Old Testament repeatedly states not to use 'Seers' to predict the future but does say to look to the Stars for such signs and indications.
I feel no one can predict the future as well as an Astrologer...that is if said Astrologer is properly trained or adept at his craft.
I utilize the gifts of a living Clairvoyant presently when necessary [I won't mention her name as I've already mentioned Her in more than a couple of threads here and don't want to be accused of commercially promoting her]
She has demonstrated over and over her ability to 'see' what was and or what is...as far as her predictions for future events goes, she has missed at times. That's because no-one can predict the 'X Factor', i.e. your 'Free Will'.
For instance my mothers family has a grandmother in the family tree circa 1802 whom is listed as un-known...all indications given through the family history indicated that this second wife of a Virginia Regiment Revolutionary War vetern [My 7x Great Grandfather] whom was in his 50s' at the time of his second marriage, were that this unknown woman was obviously a far younger bride...as she gave birth for some years after this marriage...and that she was a 'Native American' more than likely of the Pohonton [Sp?] tribe.
My clairvoyant, knowing nothing of my family history, was only asked if she could 'See' this woman whom was the second wife of William Hough II...She replied "I see a Mongolian looking woman"...which is quite interesting in that Capt. John Smith of Virginia Colony fame first commented on the people of the Pohonton tribe as being "Mongolian looking".
She also described the night Jesus was born to me as I was off one day in my first attempt to ascertain HIS chart as the Moon was wrong in my initial chart as she said: "something is wrong with your chart, the Moon is dark, it should be bright and full"...bingo...the following night the Moon was bright and full and in fact had just risen on the East Horizon as HE was born...obscuring the Star of David momentarily...[I was off one day in my calculations due to my in-experience with converting Julian to Gregorian and was unaware an adjustment in dates had to be made in this century again...as March 19th in the year 0003 AD would convert to April 1st in the 20th Century but now converts to April 2nd in this Century...[of course all this is only relevant if my chart IS THE real McCoy]
...Soooo, How did she know?...It's because she can 'see' what was and what is...and she'll be the 1st to admit she isn't of the caliber of clairvoyant that Edgar Cayce was.
That is why I take Cayce for his word regarding the past in his readings...along with the fact that EVERYONE whom ever followed out his health perscriptions was healed of the illness or handicap that they had and was posed to Edgar Cayce...["Ye shall know them by their acts", E. Cayce]
I'm now eagerly anticipating the discovery of the "Hall of Records" that Cayce said would be found near the entrance to the Sphinx about this time...and the further evidence of Atlantis that He said would be found!....Yowzaa!:banana:

Last edited:

Mysticdancer

Edgar Cayce was a seer...he was merely communicating what he saw, whether about an illness in someone or his glimpses into the cosmos and related astrological significance! His knowledge of this came from another state of consciousness and to understand it in our relative consciousness is like looking across a vast ocean and trying to see the other side, let alone try and interpret it! There is great knowledge beyond all we know here on this plane and sometimes we get access to it. But, that is rare and ususally short and incomplete. TO understand astrology one must understand that it is action...always moving and like the cosmos...growing! Everytime a new planet or asteroind is discovered...it changes the landscape and thus we have to change to catch up. It takes approximately 20yrs after the discovery of a planet or star or asteroid for the reseach to show how it has influenced the new changes. Everything is connected! As above, so below! Cayce saw this connection and how it applies to our physical, mental, emotional and spiritual growth! Soul growth is the prime inducer of our sojourn here...on earth!

Kannon

Good input, piercethevale....

Free Will is more important than any astrological factor or one's entire birth chart. I actually agree that if a person believes that their birth chart 'makes' them this or that or that the planets do this or that to them, that it may be better that they not follow astrology or go to astrologers at all.

I'm familiar with some of Cayce's trance comments on astrology, especially those that indicate it is the spiritual birth moment that sets the correct Asc, not physical birth. Cayce stated that in his day birth charts averaged about 30 degrees off on the Asc.

Fred Gettings from The Arkana Dictionary of Astrology under his entry for "Birth":
"... In fact, few serious astrologers will use a chart which has not been subjected to careful RECTIFICATION, so that argument as to precise time of birth is often irrelevant..."

Many astrological inaccuracies in birth horoscopes continue today. Master astrologer John Willner (April 29, 1925 - December 11, 2004) determined that about 40% of birth horoscopes do not show the correct sign on the Asc. Some have to be adjusted (usually backwards) two signs on the Asc. It is my opinion until a student has learned to make such Asc adjustments, that student has not passed into advanced level astrology and will almost certainly be polluting each birth chart interpretation with inaccurate and misleading information.

Study by aiming yourself for the bull's eye of Truth, regardless of what mainstream current opinion or belief may say about what you learn.

~Peace

Last edited:

Claire19

Yes, that is of course possible. We are still in Kindergarten most probably....:)
I have heard that Earth is a low evolution planet and that if we think we have an advanced civilisation here, we are not evolved.:smile: So anyone coming here has a lot to learn and a lot of karma to reap.....THere are those here that are advanced I would imagine who are showing us the way.... but dont really belong here....

I have read a lot of Edgar Cayce and find it all fascinating.

Mysticdancer

Thank you, Kannon...and to you as well! It is true that "free will" is a determintate factor. However, you may be interested in my story that seems to have merely lead me to believe that I had a choice, as it seems to defy that very premise!
My experience of astrology began after a spiritual awakening that revealed a very intelligent, benevolent force perceived as intense energy that caused extreme vibrations within. This energy coursed through me for a full yr, increasing for six months and decreasing during the next six months.
I experienced the "void" as it is called. I experienced no time nor space in this what seemed to be an alternate dimension. I saw the veil or vale as you say..lol And I also experienced another state...The "watcher state"! In the watcher state....I saw much like a clairvoyant but from a higher perpective and free from emotion which gave enormous clarity to what I observed! Most people that practice meditation can usually achieve this state and others!
Do not discount "Divine Will" for it supercedes our "free will"! I was not seeking this. It happened spontaneoulsy. I did not meditate ..nor did I engage in religeous practices. But, if you look at my birth chart you will find the indicators that show it as a strong possibility. I only sought truth...{laughs} for in seeking that ONE truth, it has now been replaced by knowing many truths and accepting that all paths lead to the one!
Namaste'
Born...June 20th, 1954 @ 05:05am EST.

Claire19

Hello Shining Ray! Very nice to hear from you again! I find what you found most interesting and I very much believe that Edgar is right. It just seems to fit everything. I guess we can figure out from our own charts, which realm we are at this moment re-living on earth. Anything written about the Pluto realm:)?

What I do question, or rather, have a question about, is why

First of all the fact that we can (but apparently dont have to) go to other afterlife realms and secondly, why having to go through the same thing again?? after we supposedly have learned all our lessons?

This second part, to me anyways, seems unnecessary somehow.

Very interesting and probably also controversial topic! Thanks!

Starlink
I dont think anyone learns all their lessons in one incarnation and I certainly dont think we repeat anything that has been learned, that would not make sense. As we keep incurring bad karma through ignorance we have to deal with that again. As we become enlightened we incur only good karma and become more evolved and not attracted to the grosser vibrations of Earth but inhabit other celestial bodies in a freer and happier way. This is my take on it. We all have a backlog of misdeeds from the past I am sure and will keep coming back to erase those debts. The Universe is impersonal in that way and one way or another our karmic ledger will be balanced. This includes our good karma too of course and that is sometimes seen as good luck as bad happenings are seen as bad luck, but I dont believe in that concept.

Last edited:

rahu

Banned
peircetheveil

could you tell me the boo with cayce's refrence to akhenaton.i have read quite a bit but missed that.i am a great devotee of cayce and anyone that is skeptical has not researched cayce,with a stenogragher recording verbatim ,thousands of life readings there is not doubt that he was truly an enlightened being.
i also am well read about akhenaton so this would combine two interest.

rahu