Jobless in America - Tent Cities

Which brings us to Pluto’s coming transit of Capricorn from January 2008 to 2024. (Those Pluto transits are getting longer – as a result of its eccentric orbit. Most English people are pleased to note that the bombers responsible for the London bombings on July 7th, 2005 were conveniently identified on CCTV. Indeed the average English person’s movements outside their houses can be tracked from morning to night in Britain, which has the highest proportion of outdoor cameras anywhere in the world. Iris scanning has been implemented at airports, so in the years to come it will be an instantaneous process to identity all international travellers. http://www.world-of-wisdom.com/04_articles/2005/06_pluto.htm
Talk about big brother watching you..:andy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hm5tXGqfBIQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7NC39SSU6I&feature=related

We see the power that be, attempting to have a 'global' banking system (for control)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rf4mNAraKn8&feature=related
corruption in UK, even from 2009 and MP's cheating their expenses scandal. Then Rupert Murdoch phone tapping scandal. These are all big instituitions and capricorn governs...
Every chance of a pandemic capable of killing off hundreds of millions of people between 2008 and 2023. It has happened before, and it WILL happen again. It seems that wars, natural disasters and epidemics are the only way the population of the World can be controlled. I have predicted a major Chinese catastophe taking place in the next five years.

A massive volcanic eruption, possibly in January 2020, causing global climate change for several years is possible. If not, massive, devastating earthquake activity is possible, as are tsunamis. Global climate change shocks will become apparent between 2008 and 2023.
[URL]http://www.astrology-reading.com.au/Pluto_in_Capricorn.html[/URL]

I think it's widely accepted whoever owns the banks, rules the countries. That's why when Governments change, nothing really changes, due to the banks pulling the strings. Who owns these banks, probably a handful of people and like puppets we all dance to their tunes...

Last edited:

Vista

I am pretty convinced the number of unemployed is much, much higher than what is being reported here in the United States. What about all the people who don't qualify that had small business that shut-down or other's whose benefits have run out(like mine). And the poster who said you are much better off having children; ain't that the truth!! I can't qualify for anything but food stamps, yet if I had children I would also receive besides food stamps, cash aid, housing aid vouchers, medical insurance and free breakfast and lunch for my children. This infuriates me as I really could use some help to get back on my feet! I was in a tax bracket where i was paying 49% of my income in taxes FOR YEARS yet people who have children can spend their entire lives on welfare without having ever paid dime! Don't even get me started about the people who come here illegally and drop their anchor babies who receive and entire host of benefits for their children!!! It's really scarey what is happening here in the United States and I don't see it getting better anytime soon.

JUPITERASC

I am pretty convinced the number of unemployed is much, much higher than what is being reported here in the United States. What about all the people who don't qualify that had small business that shut-down or other's whose benefits have run out(like mine).
here's a report from July 2011 that agrees with you Vista
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkuSonZNCzY&feature=fvst
and banks are cashing in on the poor and unemployed
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2w0UPxXYIDk

for those who have not viewed it yet, this Movie is a "must see" :smile:
ZEITGEIST The Movie 2007 by Peter Joseph http://vimeo.com/13726978 connects religious symbolism with astrology/constellations/the stars :smile:

Great movie Jupiter, a bit disturbing but a "must see". This is why I believe that we have entered the age of Aquarius, as the illusions of the past are being exposed ( the age of Pisces). I have to wonder if we are truly into the new age though, as from past personal experience the influence of a planet changing signs is discernible before it changes signs, there must be an orb, which could be quite long in duration when we are dealing with the precession of the equinox! Maybe this movie represents a taste of what is to come in the very near future! I certainly hope so, it's long overdue!

Mark

Vista: While we agree that this country is not what it used to be, not what it was supposed to be, and really not even functional anymore, I don't think that the reasons for these things have anything to do with "anchor babies."

Vista

Vista: While we agree that this country is not what it used to be, not what it was supposed to be, and really not even functional anymore, I don't think that the reasons for these things have anything to do with "anchor babies."

Of course you wouldn't. You also don't live in Southern California. They have a huge financial impact on the state not just from being born here, but because their mothers come here illegally to have their babies all at taxpayer expense and to gain citizenship rights. Because of their anchor baby, they now receive entitlements in government programs because now their mother and father can stay in the country along with their siblings simply because they have a US citizen as part of their family. Again, because of their "anchor baby," it allows them to receive food stamps, cash aid, subsidized housing, free breakfast and lunch programs for all their children in addition to a free education that they aren't paying for since they aren't paying taxes, as well as free medical care. If that isn't bad enough, many who are retirement age can now collect social security without having ever paid a dime into the system. Besides the abuse of social service they also bring a lot of crime and illiteracy and special education requirements for their Spanish speaking kids. Here in California the police are supposed to impound our cars if we don't have auto insurance, but not the Hispanic population. It's considered "inhumane" to take their cars so now besides not checking their legal status of being in the United States, they now get to keep their vehicles unlike American citizens who have to provide proof of insurance. Our auto insurance has gone through the roof because most illegals obviously do not have insurance so when they get into an accident they just abandoned their cars and run. Do you know they(illegals) can walk into the ER and receive medical care and are not asked for any indentification? This is a fact here, but yet if I walked in there I would have to provide my license and insurance and if I don't have insurance I can expect a $2000 bill for a sinus infection? I live with this every day and I am also in the medical industry and have called on hospitals throughout Southern California where I have seen and heard of the financial impact they are having on the hospital systems. This is a fact, not my opinion. Are you seriously going to try and suggest this does not have a HUGE financial impact on states that have a tremendous influx of illegal immigrants coming here? In addition to all this, most that make it here either have fake identification to get jobs or they do cash pay jobs and never pay a dime in taxes. Tell me how, economically this could possibly not hurt us with at least 30+ million people here in the country illegally? What about all the jobs they have taken? They have single handedly taken most of the service industry jobs. Believe me, they don't want the strawberry picking jobs, those are mostly transitional until they get their fake ID's to get something better. And for the record, I don't buy for a minute it's the 11-20 million illegals here as they would like everyone to believe, maybe here in California but not nationwide. No way. What's more, many jobs now require bi-lingual speaking employees here in California, again an illustration of how we are catering to people who don't belong here. Why shouldn't they learn English? They are here illegally, yet we have to provide interpreters for them? Are you kidding me? These aren't the immigrants of our forefathers coming here and embracing the land, it's people and it's language. This is a generation of people who are coming here with the idea of taking back their land just by sheer numbers. They are not integrating, they are creating third world sub cultures in our neighborhoods. Take a drive through them one day, it's like going to Mexico.

And for the record so I can nip this in the bud so to speak, I am not talking about legal immigration which i completely for. We are strictly talking about the impact of illegal immigration on our country. What a slap in the face for all those who did it the right way including my cousin's wife and family and my stepfather's parents.

JUPITERASC

Last edited:

Vista

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uesCu3VVR4E video illustrating the more realistic causes of the current worldwide financial crisis

The current situation of lack of employment is a worldwide phenomenon brought about by the greed of the banks and their owners. Hence "Occupy Wall Street" and other worldwide "Occupy" protests

The comedian George Carlin commented http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeLLR3LWtv4&feature=related :smile:

I am not saying illegal immigration is solely the problem, just one major piece of a very big puzzle. But yes, you are correct.

You might enjoy this video from the author of "The Looting of America" by Les Leopold. It discusses unemployment and how the numbers are much, much higher than what's analyst have indicated. He also discusses ways to fix the problem that I find very interesting. Too bad we don't have anyone in power that will implement these fixes.

JUPITERASC

I am not saying illegal immigration is solely the problem, just one major piece of a very big puzzle. But yes, you are correct.

You might enjoy this video from the author of "The Looting of America" by Les Leopold. It discusses unemployment and how the numbers are much, much higher than what's analyst have indicated. He also discusses ways to fix the problem that I find very interesting. Too bad we don't have anyone in power that will implement these fixes.

thanks for that Vista - I often wonder who calculates the official figures Meanwhile here's another wry comment from George Carlin where he comments on Homelessness http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNHIETXh4Vw&feature=related :smile:

Serendipity

I am pretty convinced the number of unemployed is much, much higher than what is being reported here in the United States. What about all the people who don't qualify that had small business that shut-down or other's whose benefits have run out(like mine). And the poster who said you are much better off having children; ain't that the truth!! I can't qualify for anything but food stamps, yet if I had children I would also receive besides food stamps, cash aid, housing aid vouchers, medical insurance and free breakfast and lunch for my children. This infuriates me as I really could use some help to get back on my feet! I was in a tax bracket where i was paying 49% of my income in taxes FOR YEARS yet people who have children can spend their entire lives on welfare without having ever paid dime! Don't even get me started about the people who come here illegally and drop their anchor babies who receive and entire host of benefits for their children!!! It's really scarey what is happening here in the United States and I don't see it getting better anytime soon.

Yep, my neighbor. She's got everything paid for because she has a daughter. I can't say for certain that she is here illegally but regardless... why is it people who don't have children cant get aid?
I have a friend whose husband had his leg amputated and can't work at the moment. He can't seem to get social security disability either.

JUPITERASC

Yep, my neighbor. She's got everything paid for because she has a daughter. I can't say for certain that she is here illegally but regardless... why is it people who don't have children cant get aid?
I have a friend whose husband had his leg amputated and can't work at the moment. He can't seem to get social security disability either.
Co-incidence? Or could this have influenced current financial crisis? :smile: http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42804 and
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXIsNLnMhS8&feature=share

tsmall

Premium Member
Mark, I agree that the problem doesn't lie with "anchor babies" nor with babies and/or having children or not having them. The biggest reason families with children receive more aid is due, in my opinion, to the efforts of Ted Kennedy, and others like him, in trying to improve the lot of the poor by focusing on children first.

Regarding the lack of jobs here in the US, again in my opinion, we need to look at both our trade agreements, and the tax incentives given to corporations/companies who are able to ship their manufacturing, help desk, outsourcing, etc. to countries where labor is cheaper, leaving fewer and fewer jobs here in the US. This is why we have become a consumerist society...we aren't making much these days, and most of what we use is now being imported.

Vista

Mark, I agree that the problem doesn't lie with "anchor babies" nor with babies and/or having children or not having them. The biggest reason families with children receive more aid is due, in my opinion, to the efforts of Ted Kennedy, and others like him, in trying to improve the lot of the poor by focusing on children first.

Regarding the lack of jobs here in the US, again in my opinion, we need to look at both our trade agreements, and the tax incentives given to corporations/companies who are able to ship their manufacturing, help desk, outsourcing, etc. to countries where labor is cheaper, leaving fewer and fewer jobs here in the US. This is why we have become a consumerist society...we aren't making much these days, and most of what we use is now being imported.

Tsmall, Once again I notice you don't live in California or a state that has received a significant influx on illegal aliens. I do. I see what is happening around us and we are being invaded illegally by uneducated, third world migrants. Also, I repeat, I didn't say they were the "only" problem but rather a substantial "part" of the problem we are facing here in California. If you care to educate yourself on what is really going on in California and other states, take a look at this graph on showing the explosion of live births of Hispanic's, i.e. "anchor babies" in California. Also, here is another article about the economic impact they are having on California. Both have references at the bottom.

http://www.thesocialcontract.com/artman2/publish/tsc_17_4/tsc_17_4_romero.shtml

http://www.statehealthfacts.org/comparemaptable.jsp?ind=36&st=3

JUPITERASC

Moral foundations of Capitalism in relation to Tent Cities in america

Many politicians have blamed business for the current recession, leading to additional measures by the U.S. government to regulate the market. Some critics argue that the Federal Reserve's missteps in managing the monetary system created an economic bubble. That bubble pervaded the real estate market in part through relaxed lending standards promulgated by the government-sponsored enterprises Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae. When the bubble inevitably deflated, the crisis spread to the general economy, resulting in high unemployment and negative or slow economic growth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OCzqi3oGmg

The Federalist Society's Student Division hosted this speech at the 2011 Annual Student Symposium on February 26, 2011. 11:00 a.m.
Speech: The U.S. Financial Crisis: Causes and Consequences
--Mr. John Allison, Former Chairman and CEO, BB&T Corporation
--Introduction: Mr. Howard Husock, Vice President for Policy Research, Manhattan Institute

University of Virginia School of Law
Charlottesville, VA

Tsmall, Once again I notice you don't live in California or a state that has received a significant influx on illegal aliens. I do. I see what is happening around us and we are being invaded illegally by uneducated, third world migrants. Also, I repeat, I didn't say they were the "only" problem but rather a substantial "part" of the problem we are facing here in California. If you care to educate yourself on what is really going on in California and other states, take a look at this graph on showing the explosion of live births of Hispanic's, i.e. "anchor babies" in California. Also, here is another article about the economic impact they are having on California. Both have references at the bottom.

http://www.thesocialcontract.com/artman2/publish/tsc_17_4/tsc_17_4_romero.shtml

Vista, you also say immigrants today are not like they were in previous waves...you don't think there weren"t ALWAYS people like you, looking to recent immigrants with bitterness and suspicion? Always there were bigots, claiming that immigrants would be the ruin of our society, just after their own parents or grandparents made it through the door.
http://www.statehealthfacts.org/comparemaptable.jsp?ind=36&st=3

So, live birth of an Hispanic child in California = "anchor baby"? I am surprised no one else has spoken out here and I will. This is bigotry, plain and simple. Immigration has traditionally been fueled by people in a bad situation (unemployment, hunger, genocide) seeking a better life. These people are just as likely to make positive contributions to society as any other group of citizens. Like I said before...i was living in England (as an American) but ended up divorced with two English-born babies. I had to accept benefits for a year while I set up a business which eventually had one employee and I was paying taxes by the time I moved back to the US. Immigrants are not the problem, people spreading ignorance is the problem.

"Give us your poor, your tired, your huddled masses longing to breathe free. The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door." That's our statue of liberty talking. Notice she doesn't make distinctions based on education or race.

You don't slap a poem like that on your borders and then wring your hands when said poor, homeless huddled masses actually show up.

Last edited:

Vista

So, live birth of an Hispanic child in California = "anchor baby"? I am surprised no one else has spoken out here and I will. This is bigotry, plain and simple. Immigration has traditionally been fueled by people in a bad situation (unemployment, hunger, genocide) seeking a better life. These people are just as likely to make positive contributions to society as any other group of citizens. Like I said before...i was living in England (as an American) but ended up divorced with two English-born babies. I had to accept benefits for a year while I set up a business which eventually had one employee and I was paying taxes by the time I moved back to the US. Immigrants are not the problem, people spreading ignorance is the problem.

"Give us your poor, your tired, your huddled masses longing to breathe free. The wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door." That's our statue of liberty talking. Notice she doesn't make distinctions based on education or race.

You don't slap a poem like that on your borders and then wring your hands when said poor, homeless huddled masses actually show up.

I bet you don't live in a state where you are dealing with this issue either. Well since we are calling names and I am certainly not afraid to speak out either; I think this is pure ignorance on your part. I am so disgusted by people like you with your typical Liberal mind-set and the same tired, old arguments of why it's OK for millions upon millions of people to continue to break our laws. The immigrants of before came here legally and they also didn't expect the taxpayer to support them. We also didn't have the majority of immigrants(80%) coming from one culture as we do now who, btw, who have an average of a 5 years of schooling and do not speak or speak very little English. The laws are there for a reason! Do you think Mexico or any other South American country allow illegal aliens to immigrate into its countries unchecked? No, they don't. In fact, they have some of the most strict immigration laws of any in the world and deportation is swift. Do you also think that along with the people who want a better way of life that the criminals aren't coming along with them? Well they are and I am tired of it!! Many people are! There needs to be checks and balances and there isn't any with the current system. 1 in 10 have criminal backgrounds, this isn't my opinion it's fact. My cousins Hispanic wife and her family came here legally and so did my Hispanic stepfathers grandparents. They are tired of what is happening here too, in fact, they are MORE infuriated because they worked hard to do the right thing and wait their turn. They never abused the system and they certainly didn't take government assistance, unlike many who come here and take as many freebies as they can all at the taxpayer's expense. Look at the statistics, most who come here are on some form of government assistance that taxpayers foot the bill for. It's a different mindset now than immigrants of before, many are not loyal to the United States they are loyal to Mexico, which is odd since the corruption and poverty of their country is what drove them out. As it stands now, all they have to do is get here and they "have a right" to stay including the right to vote even though they aren't a citizen of the United States!!! It's unbelievable what is happening! At the end of the day it doesn't matter why it's "fueled" or who they are as people as we know there are many good people coming here from Latin America - that's not the problem. We have immigration laws for a reason. What don't you understand about that? What they give verses what they take is much greater - the documentation is all there. Educated yourself. Perhaps we should be investing our time in helping eradicate Mexico's corrupt government and the monopoly on who makes money in that country. There is no reason why they shouldn't be able to support their people. They have a tremendous amount of natural resources they can tap into.
PS. As for the live births to Hispanic woman equaling "anchor babies:" What do you call it when someone comes here illegally and has their baby and now their baby is a US citizen which now allows the entire family to stay in America? Sounds like an anchor baby to me. Like I said, I worked in the hospital system Throughout San Diego, CA. and at one point, 88% of live births from Hispanic women were to undocumented immigrants from Latin America and THEY DON'T PAY A DIME.

Last edited:
Vista, you are not educating, as you would like to think, but polarizing. This kind of argument is the direct result of **** like Fox news. The real problem is big business, not poor desperate people.

Also, what have you done, to be so high and mighty? Have YOU started a business? Have YOU created jobs?

Last edited:

Vista

Vista, you are not educating, as you would like to think, but polarizing. This kind of argument is the direct result of **** like Fox news. The real problem is big business, not poor desperate people.

Also, what have you done, to be so high and mighty? Have YOU started a business? Have YOU created jobs?

Really, what's polarising about stating the facts? And what makes you so "HIGH AND MIGHTY" yourself? I didn't start calling you names, you did. What are you contributing to the conversation here? Just because you have an opinion doesn't make it right. I am sure the **** you listen from your Liberal Stations are more accurate then? Where do live? Have you started a business and do you employ people? I live in the middle of the problem and for the record, I did have a business that employed three people, two of which were Hispanic citizens who are like family. Like many, I had to shut down because of the economy in addition to having lost my full time employment. The illegal immigration is a financial burden on the state of California and because I am saying it's so then it's bigatry, right? Such a stupid statement. Look up the stats yourself. No one is suggesting they are a terrible culture or even that their plight is not valid. But it is a serious problem for many of the reasons I have stated and I am not afraid to say something about it. And never did I say it's the ONLY problem we are facing as a nation econimally. I said it was a major part of a number of problems particularly here in Southern California.

Really, what's polarising about stating the facts? And what makes you so "HIGH AND MIGHTY" yourself? I didn't start calling you names, you did. What are you contributing to the conversation here? Just because you have an opinion doesn't make it right. I am sure the **** you listen from your Liberal Stations are more accurate then? Where do live? Have you started a business and do you employ people? I live in the middle of the problem and for the record, I did have a business that employed three people, two of which were Hispanic citizens who are like family. Like many, I had to shut down because of the economy in addition to having lost my full time employment. The illegal immigration is a financial burden on the state of California and because I am saying it's so then it's bigatry, right? Such a stupid statement. Look up the stats yourself. No one is suggesting they are a terrible culture or even that their plight is not valid. But it is a serious problem for many of the reasons I have stated and I am not afraid to say something about it. And never did I say it's the ONLY problem we are facing as a nation econimally. I said it was a major part of a number of problems particularly here in Southern California.

Okay, you are not reading my posts. I stated that I started a business as an immigrant and did/do employ people. I also left a small franchise behind in England that is now owner/operated by a woman who had been on benefits. I couldn't let this thread go and be a part of AC without stating I think this is utter nonsense. My two cents, my right.

Vista

Re: Moral foundations of Capitalism in relation to Tent Cities in america

Many politicians have blamed business for the current recession, leading to additional measures by the U.S. government to regulate the market. Some critics argue that the Federal Reserve's missteps in managing the monetary system created an economic bubble. That bubble pervaded the real estate market in part through relaxed lending standards promulgated by the government-sponsored enterprises Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae. When the bubble inevitably deflated, the crisis spread to the general economy, resulting in high unemployment and negative or slow economic growth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OCzqi3oGmg

The Federalist Society's Student Division hosted this speech at the 2011 Annual Student Symposium on February 26, 2011. 11:00 a.m.
Speech: The U.S. Financial Crisis: Causes and Consequences
--Mr. John Allison, Former Chairman and CEO, BB&T Corporation
--Introduction: Mr. Howard Husock, Vice President for Policy Research, Manhattan Institute

University of Virginia School of Law
Charlottesville, VA

Thank you for posting this, I will take a look. But yes, what you said is very true! But to be honest it some respects i think it needed to happen because the price of real-estate was so over-inflated there was no where to go but down. I wish the banks would rent out these vacant, foreclosed homes instead of sitting on them for months sometimes a year or more. There is another problem that is happening at least here in California, rental shortages are becoming an issue and over-priced rental properties. It's a vicious cycle.