transit of planets(gochara) or Astrology????

Sakti

Hello,

Between transit of planet(gochara) and Astrology; what should be given more preference? Gochara or Horoscope(Mahadasha, antardasha etc)????

For example, For people born in Taurus zodiac, Saturn is in 6th along with rahu and Jupiter is in 2nd. Saturn in 6th is very beneficial in case of Gochara phal and Jupiter in 2nd is also very good aspect. But people with Taurus as zodiac are not at all benefited due to these aspects. But why?
Is it due to Rahu in conjunction with Saturn?

Should we give least preference to Gochara? What gains more weight in judging the fate of a person???? Planetary transits or horoscope?

kind regards,
Sakti

dr. farr

Gochura is part of Astrology: I think you mean, should we give preference to natal indications or transit or dasa? Answer is it depends upon what you want to look into.
Remember though that neither transit nor dasa can cause what is not already there in potential in the natal horoscope: transit and dasa shows how what's in the natal horoscope will (likely) play out over time.
Transit, and dasa, are ALWAYS interpreted with reference back to the natal horoscope; transits and dasa influences/events are directly connected with the potentials already shown in the natal horoscope.
Predictive astrology via transit and dasa indications, is an advanced area of astrological investigation, and is not easy to do (accurately!)...

Rajarshi

Hello,

Between transit of planet(gochara) and Astrology; what should be given more preference? Gochara or Horoscope(Mahadasha, antardasha etc)????

For example, For people born in Taurus zodiac, Saturn is in 6th along with rahu and Jupiter is in 2nd. Saturn in 6th is very beneficial in case of Gochara phal and Jupiter in 2nd is also very good aspect. But people with Taurus as zodiac are not at all benefited due to these aspects. But why?
Is it due to Rahu in conjunction with Saturn?

Should we give least preference to Gochara? What gains more weight in judging the fate of a person???? Planetary transits or horoscope?

kind regards,
Sakti

Saturn is in 6th along with rahu : Saturn in 6th aspecting 8th, 12th all Dusthans coupled with Rahu in 6th may indicate serious illness [ 6th disease, 8th criticality, 12th confinement]

This will be manifested when in transits Saturn &/or Rahu will be connected with ascendant and above houses.

Transits is a sub set of astrology. Without transit the natal chart is a 'stagnant' chart: there will be no relationship with 'reality'

Last edited:

Sakti

Gochura is part of Astrology: I think you mean, should we give preference to natal indications or transit or dasa? Answer is it depends upon what you want to look into.
Remember though that neither transit nor dasa can cause what is not already there in potential in the natal horoscope: transit and dasa shows how what's in the natal horoscope will (likely) play out over time.
Transit, and dasa, are ALWAYS interpreted with reference back to the natal horoscope; transits and dasa influences/events are directly connected with the potentials already shown in the natal horoscope.
Predictive astrology via transit and dasa indications, is an advanced area of astrological investigation, and is not easy to do (accurately!)...

Thank you dr.farr! :)
Yeah! you are right.

Gochara is different from mahadasha, antardasha etc.
Gochara is completely related to Zodiac signs. Results of particular zodiac sign will be estimated as per Gochara. I am sure till that.
But to analyze the present situation of a person, should give give more preference to Gochara or Horoscope results????

Lemme state an example:
Suppose a person is born in Taurus,
Gochara details: Saturn in 6th and Jupiter in 2nd. As per Gochara, this is a very auspicious aspect. This can be verified in Panchanga. But saturn in 6th is not good as per horoscope results(converse to gochara phal)
As per horoscope details: It is ketu antardasha in rahu mahadasha. It is not good. right?

Now how can we analyze a person's present situation. good or bad????

That's what I mean. Am I clear now?

thanks and regards,
Sakti

Sakti

Saturn is in 6th along with rahu : Saturn in 6th ( Scorpio) aspecting 8th, 12th all Dusthans coupled with Rahu in 6th ( Scorpio) may indicate serious illness [ 6th disease, 8th criticality, 12th confinement]

This will be manifested when in transits Saturn &/or Rahu will be connected with ascendant and above houses.

Transits is a sub set of astrology. Without transit the natal chart is a 'stagnant' chart: there will be no relationship with 'reality'

Hello Rajarshi ji!
Thank you for your reply.
Now Saturn is in Libra in conjunction with Rahu as per Panchanga.
Gochara gives the result of a particular zodiac sign. This is a different theory from horoscope readings. Varsha phal, weekly results of a particular zodiac sign are generated as per Gochara.
Transit is a subset of Horoscope. Yeah! I agree with you.
But my question is, to analyze the present situation of a person; should we prefer Gochara or Horoscope results?

Lemme state an example:
Gochara details: Saturn in 6th and Jupiter in 2nd. As per Gochara, this is a very auspicious aspect. This can be verified in Panchanga. But saturn in 6th is not good as per horoscope results(converse to gochara phal)
As per horoscope details: It is ketu antardasha in rahu mahadasha. It is not good. right?

thanks and regards,
Sakti

Rajarshi

Hello Rajarshi ji!
Thank you for your reply.
Now Saturn is in Libra in conjunction with Rahu as per Panchanga.
Gochara gives the result of a particular zodiac sign. This is a different theory from horoscope readings. Varsha phal, weekly results of a particular zodiac sign are generated as per Gochara.
Transit is a subset of Horoscope. Yeah! I agree with you.
But my question is, to analyze the present situation of a person; should we prefer Gochara or Horoscope results?

Lemme state an example:

thanks and regards,
Sakti

See highlights of your statement.

There is no CONFIRMED standard like above. Astrology would have been very easy then.

Sakti

Rajarshi ji,
Am pretty sure about my statement you have highlighted.
These are called Gochara phal. I belong to Andhra pradesh.
We have a book printed for every telugu new year called Panchanga.
In this Panchanga the transit of planets will be mentioned clearly for that particular year. According to these transits, the fate of 12 zodiac signs(people belonging to 12 zodiac signs) will be finalized/judged. This theory is different from Astrology.
I don't know if this type of policy is followed in your state. Am sure people of Andhra are well-known about this(I mean people connected with astrology).

I am sorry if am confusing you. But I am confident that my question holds some meaning....

Thanks and regards,
Sakti

VenusS

Dear sakti,
I think your question is, what to give more importance gochara or dashas?
Alright let's just state your example, tauras ascendant saturn in 6th, upachya house, ofcourse saturn will give good results. Also, in birth lagna, saturn in houses of venus, mercury or jupiter(neutral) gives good results. Now, if saturn and jup both are in great places in transit, well, obviously it will give good results. But according to dasha, if someone is going through bad planet time period, moon let's just say for tauras lagnam, and AD and PD are also of bad planets, then native will have slightly bad, but although average period. We give 50/50 importance to both gochura and dasha system, but as for your other question(I guess there is one)
Saturn is yogakaraka planet for tauras ascendant, conjuct rahu it gives raja yoga for rahu/ketu, but not saturn. He'll give not so good results to native, but he'll still give alright results due to yogakaraka and 6th house placement. But one has to see a lot of things to judge the conjunction.
I hope you get your answer
Regards

Rajarshi

Rajarshi ji,
Am pretty sure about my statement you have highlighted.
These are called Gochara phal. I belong to Andhra pradesh.
We have a book printed for every telugu new year called Panchanga.
In this Panchanga the transit of planets will be mentioned clearly for that particular year. According to these transits, the fate of 12 zodiac signs(people belonging to 12 zodiac signs) will be finalized/judged. This theory is different from Astrology.
I don't know if this type of policy is followed in your state. Am sure people of Andhra are well-known about this(I mean people connected with astrology).

I am sorry if am confusing you. But I am confident that my question holds some meaning....

Thanks and regards,
Sakti

Standard rule like " Saturn in 6th house is good for gochara/transit results" is ONE rule out of total (say) ONE MILLION rules. As, there are so many other factors influence each other that the above 'standard rule' gets CHANGED/AFFECTED very often.

dr. farr

One way to look at this matter is time-relevance: the dasha period shows the more diffuse (over time) trend, while transits (excluding those of Saturn, Rahu and Ketu) show precise, shorter, specifically pointed times when the influences connected with those transits "hit" (materialize, so to speak). Now, if the trend of the dasha period is one way and the influence of the transit (net transits is more accurate) is the opposite way, then a middle ground of influence will be experienced during the transit time; however, if the direction of the dasha trend and the transit are the same, then the influence of the transit will "earth" very significantly, the more diffuse trend of the dasha then operative.
Think of transits as triggers-actualizers-for the trends indicated by the prevaling dasha.

I have come to rely exclusively on ashtakavarga analysis for both dashas and transits, and I really value the simplified and direct insights such analysis gives for this otherwise very complex subject.