Medicine or the Arts??

Ahlexefh1

Hey guys so i am wondering what your opinion is on my chart. I have chiron in 10th house which i know will bring troubles with career and postpone me settling in to one sooner than later... I have always been on the edge about what my career would be. I love the arts but i also love helping others. Im naturally good at sciences which would be a more practical approach but my passion is in the arts, but its not too practical... I find the medical field extremely interesting and would love to be a doctor of some sort or work in medicine.. But id also love to be someone working with music or the performing arts.... can anyone help and guide me in what my chart indicates me doing best??? I want to hear other peoples opinions. i know my chart indicates towards business and arts.. but how about medical? or does anyone have any other interpretation. Im going to hopefully be going back to school in the spring to become an EMT/Paramedic.

Attachments

• ASTROCHARTS.jpg
    ASTROCHARTS.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:

watcherofthesouth

I believe that you could do very well as a doctor, and the Sagittarius in your chart could mean you will be well educated or work in medicine abroad. Chiron (wounded) at 24 degrees/Pisces (helping others) can imply that you'd work with the wounded, perhaps abroad. Mars/war in Sagittarius could mean you could work for the Red Cross or another global organization that needs doctors because of some type of disaster (Pluto/Uranus). You will most likely live (moon) abroad (Sag) or close to a university/Sag (perhaps as a professor). A father figure/Jupiter may inhibit your decision making (Sun). You'll be able to apply your creativity to your work in the medical field.

Ahlexefh1

I believe that you could do very well as a doctor, and the Sagittarius in your chart could mean you will be well educated or work in medicine abroad. Chiron (wounded) at 24 degrees/Pisces (helping others) can imply that you'd work with the wounded, perhaps abroad. Mars/war in Sagittarius could mean you could work for the Red Cross or another global organization that needs doctors because of some type of disaster (Pluto/Uranus). You will most likely live (moon) abroad (Sag) or close to a university/Sag (perhaps as a professor). A father figure/Jupiter may inhibit your decision making (Sun). You'll be able to apply your creativity to your work in the medical field.
What makes you say due to a disaster? What do pluto/uranus do in my chart for that to happen? Also what does the 24th degree mean? So does my chart indicate towards being a doctor or some sort of medical field worker or more towards the arts?

watcherofthesouth

You can do either one - your chart indicates both professions/abilities are strong. Libra (arts) and Virgo (doctor/healthcare) are both in your 10th. Pluto/Uranus don't actually do anything in your chart, but it does give the possibility that your decision making may stem from a major incident that you become aware of and are inspired by.

greybeard

I reccommend medicine as your vocation. Note how venus and her cohorts are isolated by aspect. This symbolizes a secret, private part of the self; it is discrete.

Mars stands out. Mars is medical and in the 9th and a Fire sign wants a bit of travel and adventure. Medicine will fulfill you.

Ahlexefh1

I reccommend medicine as your vocation. Note how venus and her cohorts are isolated by aspect. This symbolizes a secret, private part of the self; it is discrete.

Mars stands out. Mars is medical and in the 9th and a Fire sign wants a bit of travel and adventure. Medicine will fulfill you.
Can you explain what you mean by the isolation of venus and its cohorts? Are you saying my artsy side is more personal and not outward due to it veing in the 2nd hoyse and below the horizon? Also for my mars 9th house leo what part of medicine do you think would be ideal based off the chart?

greybeard

Can you explain what you mean by the isolation of venus and its cohorts? Are you saying my artsy side is more personal and not outward due to it veing in the 2nd hoyse and below the horizon? Also for my mars 9th house leo what part of medicine do you think would be ideal based off the chart?

Artsy plus whatever else that knot of planets might signify.
The knot is isolated because it beholds no aspect to any other planet.

GemwDepth

Account Closed
I say Arts. For the reasons below:

1. Your chart is left hemisphere focused. You are meant to be pioneer and less of an establishment type. Arts have many many different components, and some are relatively practical. As long as you are making an impact to your environment with freedom you are happy. Arts have less stringent rules and more freedom. You are not a follower.

2. Venus trines Midheaven, also supported by Neptune. This is an obvious one. I've noticed later in life, the profession people fall into or stay in, are related to their nature luck and talent potential corresponding to the MC. This is where you are naturally lucky, why not capitalize on it?

3. Mars may be in 9th, but its the creative sign of Leo. This just means your energies are and should be focused internationally, or in 9th house matters.

4. You are a Pisces. Modern medicine is no longer about helping people, its about drugging people. I would recommend it for a Virgo, but not an intuitive sign like Pisces. Unless you get into a sector like surgery, emergency help as advocated above (red cross like that allows you to travel), or sub-divisions like natural health and energy medicine, you will not feel fulfilled with rigid traditional medicine that traps you with huge loans that takes decades to pay off. (Unless you are rich then the loans will not be a factor.) Talk to people who actually went to med-school and see what they think decades later before you commit. I have friends who went in with early dreams of being a neuro-surgeon and now regrets it, but its too late to change later in life because they are trapped by $250K+ in debt.

Piscean and Sag idealism is shown heavily in your chart. Saturn is also a little weak. To me, this means you need to do a ton of research, talk to real-life professionals and ask the right questions (what is med school really like? how much sleep do you get while in and when you get out? etc.), not what's advertised as a dream, but see reality for what it is, and weigh consequences down the line.

Honestly though, why not do both? Find an aspect of medicine you are interested in and also develop your artistic talent. Nowadays career changes happen all the time and there is no security in one sector anymore.

Last edited:

Ahlexefh1

I say Arts. For the reasons below:

1. Your chart is left hemisphere focused. You are meant to be pioneer and less of an establishment type. Arts have many many different components, and some are relatively practical. As long as you are making an impact to your environment with freedom you are happy. Arts have less stringent rules and more freedom. You are not a follower.

2. Venus trines Midheaven, also supported by Neptune. This is an obvious one. I've noticed later in life, the profession people fall into or stay in, are related to their nature luck and talent potential corresponding to the MC. This is where you are naturally lucky, why not capitalize on it?

3. Mars may be in 9th, but its the creative sign of Leo. This just means your energies are and should be focused internationally, or in 9th house matters.

4. You are a Pisces. Modern medicine is no longer about helping people, its about drugging people. I would recommend it for a Virgo, but not an intuitive sign like Pisces. Unless you get into a sector like surgery, emergency help as advocated above (red cross like that allows you to travel), or sub-divisions like natural health and energy medicine, you will not feel fulfilled with rigid traditional medicine that traps you with huge loans that takes decades to pay off. (Unless you are rich then the loans will not be a factor.) Talk to people who actually went to med-school and see what they think decades later before you commit. I have friends who went in with early dreams of being a neuro-surgeon and now regrets it, but its too late to change later in life because they are trapped by $250K+ in debt.

Piscean and Sag idealism is shown heavily in your chart. Saturn is also a little weak. To me, this means you need to do a ton of research, talk to real-life professionals and ask the right questions (what is med school really like? how much sleep do you get while in and when you get out? etc.), not what's advertised as a dream, but see reality for what it is, and weigh consequences down the line.

Honestly though, why not do both? Find an aspect of medicine you are interested in and also develop your artistic talent. Nowadays career changes happen all the time and there is no security in one sector anymore.

Thank you for your response.

You are extremely correct about not being a follower. I hate big establishments who just abuse their consumers. I never can keep a job because i dont feel like my belief coincide with big corporations. I have never been one to care too much about what others Thought about me, ive always been on my own path the way ive wanted to. I could careless about whats normal ajd how anyone else does it.

As for as working in the medical area i forsure would love to be a paramedic and its interesting how you said i wouldnt like the whole drugging people thing. I would feel much better working in natural medicine.

How does my mars in leo 9th house even effect mt chart? I feel as if it doesnt influence it on paper. I do however get told how extravagant and big i am with my gestures.

Career wise what would my artsy side point towards? An event manager? A singee? An actor??

GemwDepth

Account Closed
Career wise what would my artsy side point towards? An event manager? A singee? An actor??

For the details, you should probably go to a professional. Astrology is way too vast and too deep to point into that level of detail. It doesn't quite work like that as a quick answer you would get from fortune telling, its much more systematic. It tells you what skill-sets you have (e.g. social, aesthetic, novel thinker) and temperament, but all those skillsets can be applied into so many areas... Then you get into tricky time periods and progressions, which basically means timing. Something could be great and right for you, but it may not be the right time as other things will and can supersede it.

Venus in Cap is generally associated with architecture, modeling, management and possibly design, history and antiques. Virgo MC loves to improve and perfect things. It just means you approach anything aesthetic with a practical bent, and probably want to build things, whether intangible or tangible.

How does my mars in leo 9th house even effect mt chart? I feel as if it doesnt influence it on paper. I do however get told how extravagant and big i am with my gestures.

Mars in the 9th is not the first thing I noticed, and not something I would look into personally, but I only mentioned it because others have commented on it. Mars in a house just means where you spend the most energy. Look into what 9th house signifies -- it can mean so many things.

Actually what really stands out to me is MERCURY. It rules your MC and 7th house. And its in a pretty cool sign of Aqua where its suppose to be exalted. Plus its in your 2nd, contributing to a heavy 2nd house focus. Lastly and also quite important, it BQ (Biquintiles) your MC. This is a talent related to career, whether you are aware of it or not. And this planet should not be overlooked. 5 significators are pointing to Mercury as the one to dig into. (Sorry I can't tell you what your talent is off the bat :), a professional should look into it with in person conversation and the seriousness it deserves.).

Again I recommend consulting a professional so they give it a proper go (an hour of research or more in a specific area). At least now you know where to focus on :).

Last edited:

GemwDepth

Account Closed
I just remembered Environmental Medicine as something you should look into, if you decide to pursue the medical area. That's one branch thats semi-traditional, yet it actually helps people.

LiberatedLotus

Modern medicine is no longer about helping people, its about drugging people. I would recommend it for a Virgo, but not an intuitive sign like Pisces.

Gem,

If you could elaborate, what is your reasoning as to why you would make a recommendation for the active participation in a corrupt system?

Genuinely, I'd like to know the logic behind this especially from an individual with an astrological background.

Last edited: