What is common sense

stainedBlue

Hard to say, common sense isn't so common!

More seriously though, I think common sense is that brief flicker of insight unbiased by any emotional or sensual distortion, and I think that's largely a good thing.

Janus

I think Albert Einstein said it best: "Common Sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by the age of 18" ;)

Not saying all common sense is wrong, that's just true at all. Just saying some are pretty far from being 'right'. But that's a story for another day.

JUPITERASC

I think Albert Einstein said it best: "Common Sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by the age of 18" ;)

Not saying all common sense is wrong, that's just true at all. Just saying some are pretty far from being 'right'. But that's a story for another day.
By implication then, not only is common sense acquired, but also no one below the age of 18 has fully acquired common sense... interesting opinion IMO :smile:

Prominent

I wrote a whole book about your sense..
If you want to understand common sense.. you have to understand what sense itself is. What appears common is partly a result of what can be sensed.

common sense has been just like truth. vanishing like the morning dew. so many species are going extinct so that soon relatively there will be few.

common sense is extremely uncommon these days.

low and behold, it may be just a part of The Process.

Common sense is a good thing. It will birth the next world. for those who possess this rare commodity will be those who build and plant the seeds of it's first moons.

Last edited: