Hidden heritage

Whoam1

I was wondering what I can look at to find heritage in my chart. I have come to understand that it has to do with the IC house sign and aspects. I have an Aries IC conjunct jupiter. Jupiter is Trine to Mars (in Aquarius) and Sextile to Mercury (in Sagittarius). I would presume this points at an open ethnic background and a love of different food philosophy and culture, and of course aggressive competitive type A cultures too.

The reason why I'm asking is because of a DNA test. It showed up 40% Western European (German France Switzerland etc.) which I knew about. It showed up 30% U.K. (England Scotland Wales Ireland) Which again I knew about. However, turns out it showed up 20% Iberian Peninsula (Spain, Portugal), i had no clue I was Hispanic, and I know all of my moms and dads parents (they to were surprised by this). So I wondered if astrology could give further insight.

I want to learn about all the parts of my culture. I do like the Hispanic and Latin American cuisine food music etc. but never thought it even remotely ran through my veins. I'm still young and want to learn about my roots, but that's beside the point of this post.

Also I am in no way saying percentages matter, but in this sense they do as such a large portion of the genetic makeup and culture wasn't even known to any of my blood family.

Any and all advice appreciated, thanks!

capuranusnep

Loads of people of European descent(American and otherwise) have Spanish/Portugese. Spanish/Portugese is still very European, it doesn't make you Latin American(especially since that is a culture, not based on dna). Your race or heritage has nothing to with astrology. What you have discovered doesn't really change anything for you.

Just continue to enjoy different cultures, as were before. But if you are really interested in the culture of the Iberian Peninsula(not just becuase you found out you 20% Iberian) then travel there. You are pretty young, why don't you go to school abroad?

Whoam1

Loads of people of European descent(American and otherwise) have Spanish/Portugese. Spanish/Portugese is still very European, it doesn't make you Latin American(especially since that is a culture, not based on dna). Your race or heritage has nothing to with astrology. What you have discovered doesn't really change anything for you.

Just continue to enjoy different cultures, as were before. But if you are really interested in the culture of the Iberian Peninsula(not just becuase you found out you 20% Iberian) then travel there. You are pretty young, why don't you go to school abroad?

Can afford the School abroad, at least at this point in my life. Also i know Hispanic is not Latino I've have a lot of Latin American friends and have already got the youbdont look Latino (directly after I said Hispanic), I had to explain that Spain's on a completely different continent. (Facepalm). Hopefully I can get over there sometime in my life, I want to be a cook and studying abroad to learn a cuisine would be great. I have been to Latin American countries trough trips with my family these places are also beautiful and you can actually see what parts of town have traditional roots in Spain or in France. Many people don't realize that culture is taught and you can learn it, it's not a select group, it's just difficult for outsiders to learn.

Lykanized

"You don't look Latino"... That's so dumb tho because Latinos are such a heterogenous group with diverse physical traits. There's some who look mostly African because they have a lot of African blood, some with green eyes and blue eyes or white skin or blonde or even red hair. I'm actually Spanish and Latina myself but I have white skin and lighter hair and people tend not to think I'm Latina at all

Anyway, kudos to exploring your heritage as well as other cultures. Culture is beautiful. Every culture is in its own way

Whoam1

"You don't look Latino"... That's so dumb tho because Latinos are such a heterogenous group with diverse physical traits. There's some who look mostly African because they have a lot of African blood, some with green eyes and blue eyes or white skin or blonde or even red hair. I'm actually Spanish and Latina myself but I have white skin and lighter hair and people tend not to think I'm Latina at all

Anyway, kudos to exploring your heritage as well as other cultures. Culture is beautiful. Every culture is in its own way

Gracias. Culture and food are very important to me I just want a big plate full of both. 🍴

capuranusnep

Yes people always forget Latino is not a race, it is a culture. You can be blonde-blue eyed or Dark skinned with kinky hair and claim Latino.

capuranusnep

Can afford the School abroad, at least at this point in my life. Also i know Hispanic is not Latino I've have a lot of Latin American friends and have already got the youbdont look Latino (directly after I said Hispanic), I had to explain that Spain's on a completely different continent. (Facepalm). Hopefully I can get over there sometime in my life, I want to be a cook and studying abroad to learn a cuisine would be great. I have been to Latin American countries trough trips with my family these places are also beautiful and you can actually see what parts of town have traditional roots in Spain or in France. Many people don't realize that culture is taught and you can learn it, it's not a select group, it's just difficult for outsiders to learn.

People probably react that way because even though Hispanic counts as spaniard, people are usually referring to people of Latin America when using the word hispanic.

You can't afford to go abroad? If so, did you look for scholarships or grants?

Whoam1

People probably react that way because even though Hispanic counts as spaniard, people are usually referring to people of Latin America when using the word hispanic.

You can't afford to go abroad? If so, did you look for scholarships or grants?

Still looking.

Frisiangal

Many, many years ago a psychic 'felt my presence' via a Sagittarius Sun girlfriends's visit to him . He said I was from Southern European descent.
I am not 'the pure English rose' that burns red in the sun but have always had the darker complexion that immediately tans well.

When studying astrology, I learnt that the 4th house encompasses heritage, yet it is the 12th house that denotes ancestry. Sagittarius is said to rule Spain. England and the Spanish wars and all that?
I have untenanted Sagittarius on 4th house cusp, with Jupiter in 12th house in Leo! My husband is a Sag. Sun. As a Taurus Sun, bulls and matadors come to mind.:biggrin:

I've visited most of Europe EXCEPT Spain, for which I have always had some sort of apathy. For some unknown to me reason, feelings regarding Spanish Inquisition and/or suffering for my beliefs,are strong. I've had two sort-of 'deja vu's' in the presence of churches, one in Assissi (Italy)
particularly vivid.
When undergoing the discomfort of physiotherapy for sciatica (Sag/
Jupiter), I made the comment that I felt what it was like to be on the rack!!!

My husband's surname has connections with a banned religion in his country in earlier centuries. It continued in Southern France, our favourite country for holidays.
My family surname is a derivitive of Southern European roots.

I have no knowledge of my ancestry on either side, yet that Sagittarius influence .........???????

Whoam1

Many, many years ago a psychic 'felt my presence' via a Sagittarius Sun girlfriends's visit to him . He said I was from Southern European descent.
I am not 'the pure English rose' that burns red in the sun but have always had the darker complexion that immediately tans well.

When studying astrology, I learnt that the 4th house encompasses heritage, yet it is the 12th house that denotes ancestry. Sagittarius is said to rule Spain. England and the Spanish wars and all that?
I have untenanted Sagittarius on 4th house cusp, with Jupiter in 12th house in Leo! My husband is a Sag. Sun. As a Taurus Sun, bulls and matadors come to mind.:biggrin:

I've visited most of Europe EXCEPT Spain, for which I have always had some sort of apathy. For some unknown to me reason, feelings regarding Spanish Inquisition and/or suffering for my beliefs,are strong. I've had two sort-of 'deja vu's' in the presence of churches, one in Assissi (Italy)
particularly vivid.
When undergoing the discomfort of physiotherapy for sciatica (Sag/
Jupiter), I made the comment that I felt what it was like to be on the rack!!!

My husband's surname has connections with a banned religion in his country in earlier centuries. It continued in Southern France, our favourite country for holidays.
My family surname is a derivitive of Southern European roots.

I have no knowledge of my ancestry on either side, yet that Sagittarius influence .........???????

Ironic bc Jupiter is in Aries on my fourth and Sagittarius is in stellium and rules the 12th house however the only planet within that house is Mercury, the ruler of my moon.

CapAquaPis

I know I'm replying late (this thread was from around my birthday Feb 15th), however it has to do with this topic. Between my sun (26' Aquarius) and moon (20' Aquarius) is 23' Aquarius (opposite would be 23' Leo).

It is thought by a few on California's degree is 23' Aquarius - which happens to be my home state, also my mother's. California is part of the USA, but the state used to be Mexico, therefore has a Hispanic culture and distant Latin American past. Aquarius are about multiculturalism or a combination of different world cultures, and I happen to have half-French, part-Cherokee and Northern/western Euro-American family roots, plus my 23andme DNA test uncovered hints of African, traces of Jewish, and 10% total of Eastern or Southern European from both sides of my family.

Sabian symbol for 23' Aquarius: https://sabiansymbols.com/tag/aquarius-23/ The Cal state flag has a bear or California Grizzly. Such a reference is an indication of this degree represents my state.

Last edited: