Question about venus opposite ascendant

LordZedd

Hi i wanted to ask a question because ive been desperately trying to find an answer. All my life up until high school i was a guy who you would consider unattractive or even ugly. As i got older i started working out, changing my hair style and i started to look and feel a bit more attractive and while i did catch girls attention it was a far cry from my goal which was to be the exact opposite of what i was growing up(i was the guy who couldnt get a date so i wanted to be the guy who could get a date without trying) eventually i stumbled upon astrology and found out my rising was cancer which explained why i thought feminine looking guys were the most attractive and why i wanted to look more like a feminine pretty boy than a masculine hunk or something. Eventually i heard that libra rising were considered the most physically attractive sign and that depressed me because as a cancer rising i felt at the best id be ok or kinda attractive from the descriptions i read. I eventually learned that your planet placement also effects your physical appearance(among other things) so i read that venus conjunct ascendant can you make you physically attractive even if you werent a libra rising. I had so much hope and excitement after learning about venus conjunct ascendant that i went to check my placement and unsurprisingly my placement was venus opposite ascendant. At that point i just broke down and cried because i felt that i was just destined to be ugly or unattractive. I did research on venus opposite ascendant and the best i could find is that im apperantly destined to have a very attractive partner or something but im afraid to be that guy thats the "unattractive guy with the hot girl" Im hoping anybody with more input on astrology can fill me in on what venus opposite ascendant means for me. Does it mean im doomed to be average at best? Is there some kind of hope for me to be as physically attractive as i want to be? I cried myself to sleep for the past couple of days because i feel like no matter what i do being attractive wasnt written in the cards for me and im doomed to be dissatisfied with my appearance forever. I had a panic attack yesterday from just how much being unattractive or the fear of it has affected me

Lin

One aspect does not guarantee anything...either positively or negatively.

Attraction is more than looks. It's projecting availability, chemistry, interest in others, being comfortable with the opposite sex, looking one's best, feeling one's best and being healthy, having friends, and especially the other aspects to and from other planets in the chart.
without a chart everything is just guessing.
If you are really interested post your chart and ask whatever specific question you feel is important.
Lin

mdinaz

It doesn't sound like Venus opp Asc is your problem, as Lin pointed out there's more to attraction than just physical. Ever seen all the ugly guys in bands who have chicks hanging all over them? I once went to a concert with a friend who invited another dude I didn't know to go with us. Before the show we hit a pizza place. His friend was tall, skinny, gangly, pimply, crazy red hair, and not attractive in the least. Yet within 10 minutes he had picked up our gorgeous waitress and from what I heard dated her for some time. His work was masterful to watch because it wasn't contrived or phony at all. He was naturally suave despite his appearance. Some women think I'm the cutest most attractive thing they've ever seen, others won't even look in my direction. I have Taurus rising (also ruled by Venus) and Mars trine the ascendant (exude manliness) - but I also have pluto and uranus trine the ASC which gives me a powerful aura of "edginess". Some like it, some don't. Whatever. All of this points to that outer appearance doesn't matter one bit. Slapping all the muscles and stupid tattoos onto yourself doesn't change who and what you are emotionally, spiritually or mentally. All that has to come from the inside. Venus opp ASC is there to teach you that lesson. You're still fighting it.

LordZedd

One aspect does not guarantee anything...either positively or negatively.

Attraction is more than looks. It's projecting availability, chemistry, interest in others, being comfortable with the opposite sex, looking one's best, feeling one's best and being healthy, having friends, and especially the other aspects to and from other planets in the chart.
without a chart everything is just guessing.
If you are really interested post your chart and ask whatever specific question you feel is important.
Lin

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question. :) the specific question i have is this. Is it possible for me to become really attractive and successful with girls. Growing up as a kid i hated my social life with a huge passion and in true scorpio fashion(i posted my chart and you can see im a moon scorpio lol) i refuse to let go of that desire until its accomplished. Im usually able to accomplish anything i want through sheer force of will but when it comes to this i cant use my typical "im not going to stop until i get it" approach because i feel like its not in the cards for me to be physically attractive and popular to girls and thats honestly why im here because i want to know if my goal is obtainable or if im doomed no matter what i do.

Heres my chart

Edit: let me try and attach it lol

Heres my chart i posted it on the first post in the thread

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?p=753966#post753966

Last edited:

LordZedd

It doesn't sound like Venus opp Asc is your problem, as Lin pointed out there's more to attraction than just physical. Ever seen all the ugly guys in bands who have chicks hanging all over them? I once went to a concert with a friend who invited another dude I didn't know to go with us. Before the show we hit a pizza place. His friend was tall, skinny, gangly, pimply, crazy red hair, and not attractive in the least. Yet within 10 minutes he had picked up our gorgeous waitress and from what I heard dated her for some time. His work was masterful to watch because it wasn't contrived or phony at all. He was naturally suave despite his appearance. Some women think I'm the cutest most attractive thing they've ever seen, others won't even look in my direction. I have Taurus rising (also ruled by Venus) and Mars trine the ascendant (exude manliness) - but I also have pluto and uranus trine the ASC which gives me a powerful aura of "edginess". Some like it, some don't. Whatever. All of this points to that outer appearance doesn't matter one bit. Slapping all the muscles and stupid tattoos onto yourself doesn't change who and what you are emotionally, spiritually or mentally. All that has to come from the inside. Venus opp ASC is there to teach you that lesson. You're still fighting it.

Thank you for taking the time to answer i appreciate it :)

Can you please elaborate on the lesson im supposed to learn as an AC opposite venus? Ive never heard of that before and i would love to know more and how im fighting it(i believe you i have a very "im never going to stop until i get what i want" personality lol)

I appreciate you taking the time to tell me that story however that story is honestly the reason why im so paranoid about my physical appearance. To be honest i dont doubt my ability to attract girls and im sure if i(or anybody for that matter) tried hard enough they could be successful. However i dont want to be the guy in your story. Im frightened or horrified by the idea of being "the ugly guy that gets hot girls" and im desperately trying to do anything to avoid that fate and im honestly scared that because of my chart that is my fate and ill never be the "attractive guy that can get any girl". I just want to be the "attractive guy that gets girls" not "the ugly guy that i cant see why he gets girls"

This is my chart btw if you were curious. Its in the first post http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?p=753966#post753966

Last edited:

mdinaz

The guy in my story didn't care - and that's what's important to understand. He was happy regardless. If you follow the Abraham-Hicks teachings (and I very highly recommend them to you because it sounds like exactly what you need - there's a billion Youtube videos of them). He didn't focus one bit on his appearance, he focused on what he wanted and how he wanted it and what it felt like when he got it - and boom there it was. People don't see you as *you think* you appear, people see you as *you feel*. You feel ugly, they see ugly. You feel successful, they see successful.
The ASC reflects your physical appearance and standing as it shows to the world, to people who don't know you at all or haven't interacted with you. Your Venus is in opposition to that, meaning the things that you value - appearance, possessions, values, morals, etc - are in opposition to what you are reflecting to the world. You have Neptune on the DSC, so nobody sees you clearly anyway, no matter what you project. Venus is sesquiquadrate Chiron in the 2nd house, so as I intuited earlier, this is a spiritual problem, not a physical one. Venus is also in wide conjunction with Neptune, so you aren't even sure what to value. It is square Jupiter, so you may overdo those actions you take to correct it.

Another point to consider is the Eastern Point or 2nd ASC. It reflects your true inner projection, your higher self. The EP can be in the same location as your ASC, or even a full house before or after, in different signs. Sometimes it helps to determine where you are really coming from. My Sun/Merc/Jupiter are all in the 1st house, plus I have Mars trine the ASC and Venus in the 2nd. I can charm the **** out of people if I want. But I don't because my EP is in the 12 house, unaspected. Many people find me very mysterious and hard to figure out because I'm a very private person. My planets would indicate otherwise but my EP shows where I really come from.

I still think your problem is a spiritual one, not a physical one. Fix the spiritual and the physical will follow all by itself.

LordZedd

Thank you once again for replying. I am actually very familiar with abraham hicks and the law of attraction. Ive actually used the law of attraction to great success over the past couple of years. In fact thats why im so concerned about my appearance because ive always used the law of attraction for certain things and succeeded but when it comes to my appearance i never succeeded except for a short time when i applied the law of attraction. I do notice that during that time period when i told myself affirmations of success i did get complimemts for my appearance and i got girls to be attracted to me but of course my subconscious programming of "im unattractive" took over. After i found out aboutvenus conjunct ascendant i thought "maybe these were destined to ne attractive and maybe i just wasnt meant to be so no matter how much i ise the law of attraction there is a higher power that will never let me be attractive because its just not in the cards for me.

Can you please elaborate on what you meam by the things i value being in opposition to what i reflect means? By neptune being on the dsc do you think that can be interpreted in my self image? Im a cancer rising so i come off as timod, nurturimg, innocent, sensitive, sometimes even angelic but my true personality(sun sagg, moon scorpio) is anything but that. Im not a dick or a horrible person but im a total A type personality, go getter, stop at nothing till i get what i want etc.

I had a feeling the problem was a spiritual one. Basically love myself, accept myself, be happy with who i am, stop thinking negative thoughts etc but sometimes its really hard when you keep resentfully thinking of your past failures

Thank you so much for going through my chart and going into this much detail. It means more to me than you know :)

Animatrix

Any aspect between Venus and the ascendant gives, if not Beauty, grace and symmetry and elegance. Venus in adverse aspect to the ascendant does not mean ugliness. LOL.

Many models have Venus opposition ascendant and venus Square ascendant.

mdinaz

Thank you once again for replying. I am actually very familiar with abraham hicks and the law of attraction. Ive actually used the law of attraction to great success over the past couple of years. In fact thats why im so concerned about my appearance because ive always used the law of attraction for certain things and succeeded but when it comes to my appearance i never succeeded except for a short time when i applied the law of attraction. I do notice that during that time period when i told myself affirmations of success i did get complimemts for my appearance and i got girls to be attracted to me but of course my subconscious programming of "im unattractive" took over.

If you are familiar with it then you should know:
1) you attract people of like vibration
2) you attract what you put out

If you are putting out "I'm incredibly insecure about my appearance" then you attract people of that vibration. How do people of that vibration act? They're timid, reluctant, and self-defeating. Do you think another person of that vibration will come up to you and introduce themselves and pay compliments? No!

After i found out aboutvenus conjunct ascendant i thought "maybe these were destined to ne attractive and maybe i just wasnt meant to be so no matter how much i ise the law of attraction there is a higher power that will never let me be attractive because its just not in the cards for me.
You would also know then that "you can be, do, or have anything". Abraham also says about astrology: "irrelevant". I think the astrological chart tells us where we begin, how we are shaped in life, to have the experiences we planned for. They are the *default* position. Using LOA you can overcome them all. That's the experience we all meant to have. You chose something more difficult than just skating through life. If there was no challenge, there'd be no point in being here at all.

Can you please elaborate on what you meam by the things i value being in opposition to what i reflect means?
You apparently value superficial projections of appearance. Your inner being knows differently. There is a conflict. You project the conflict.

By neptune being on the dsc do you think that can be interpreted in my self image?
Neptune on the DSC means other people never see you clearly and many don't know where they stand with you unless you tell them specifically. Even then, they often see something different. My Neptune is in the same place. Like any aspect it has pluses and minuses.

Im a cancer rising so i come off as timod, nurturimg, innocent, sensitive, sometimes even angelic but my true personality(sun sagg, moon scorpio) is anything but that. Im not a dick or a horrible person but im a total A type personality, go getter, stop at nothing till i get what i want etc.
I don't think that is the case. You may have Cancer rising but your Cancer Mars is in the first house in a late (chaotic) degree square Moon in Scorpio. Both are bad signs for those planets. Sun is also conj Pluto and trine Mars and Mercury also in Scorpio in a very late degree. You probably come across as a controlling, combative, determined person with a non-existent vocal filter. I think that is what they are reacting to. And because Chiron in the 2nd house of your values is square Sun and Mercury, you are very hurt by their reactions and consider it a personal attack on your character or personality.

I had a feeling the problem was a spiritual one. Basically love myself, accept myself, be happy with who i am, stop thinking negative thoughts etc but sometimes its really hard when you keep resentfully thinking of your past failures
There is no past, only now. So thinking of a "past" failure is really projecting a "now" failure.

Venus opposite ASC would be my last guess.

The conjunct has notoriety because of Angelina Jolie, but I would argue the "opposite" is just as valid, if not more so, especially for men.

Women with Venus opposing ASC: Kate Moss (3) Cindy Crawford (6) Kate Bosworth (1) Christina Applegate (6) Debbie Harry (2) Heather Graham (6) Maria Schriver (4) Jean Harlow (4) Pola Negri (5) Tyra Banks (9) Ilona Hallyday (5)

Men with Venus opposing ASC: Kurt Cobain (3) Marlin Brando (4) Muhammad Ali (1) Michael Jordan (0) Antonio Banderas (4) Lenny Kravitz (5) Russell Brand (0) Adam Levine (7) RuPaul (0) Jonathan Rhys Meyers (6) Javier Bardem (7)

Artists/Designers: YSL (4) Frank Lloyd Wright (1) Henri Matisse (1) Jean-Paul Gaultier (7)

In short, no lack of aesthetics and beauty with this aspect.

(source: https://www.astrotheme.com/astrological_aspects_of_celebrities.php?page=1)

However, I have read that this aspect can still produce low self-esteem, distorted self-image, eating disorders, and a self-destructive tendency than can effect one's appearance. (source: https://astrofix.net/venus-ascendant-aspects/)

I have this aspect and I struggle with my self-image. I often see myself as fat or plain in the mirror... despite praise for my appearance & experience modeling. I understand how very "real" this can feel, in the moment.

I think the real challenge of this aspect is to transcend the need to feel outwardly beautiful by superficial standard &&& see the REAL beauty that comes from within. Use this aspect for creative expression & remember that nothing is more attractive than confidence.