People who dont believe in Astrology

craft94

When I first opened my mind to astrology, I felt like I finally found all the answers to all the questions I've been asking. I felt like I found God, so to speak. Before that, I didn't believe. Of course, I didn't know anything besides Sun signs. A bunch of coincidences stirred my curiosity and got me to look deeper into it. I felt like it was something I always knew subconsciously. Not everyone has this feeling. It's difficult to explain and you'd have to really be in my shoes to understand, but yeah.

At the same time, however, I do not think astrology is something that everyone should believe. In fact, as much as I hate to be an elitist,at this point, I'd rather they don't. To be honest, I don't think it's something that everyone is capable of understanding.. which is fine. I mean, there are a lot of things I can't understand. I mean, I don't like close mindedness but I'm friends (acquaintances?) with a lot of people who are into more watered-down forms of astrology, usually new age types, and they're always insulting and prejudging other people based on sun sign. Very unspiritual, the opposite of what they claim to be. It's fine if you're kidding but if you're serious... umm. Or else they'll find someone they're attracted to, and complain, "he's a cancer, i'm a leo, it's not going to work out :sad:." Um, seriously? If you like someone, you like them. Why bother obsessing over synastry if it's only going to make you miss out on relationships that may otherwise turn out to be great?

In my opinion, it's either all or nothing. Either, you're serious about astrology and you want to deeply study it, or you don't believe in it at all. I cannot stand pop astrology or horoscope astrology or Facebook meme astrology.

I get what you mean though. It's nice to have friends who share your interests. It's frustrating when you don't have many people who are willing to hear you talk about the things you're interested in. It's part of the reason why I got an account on this forum.

And I do feel like it works, whether you believe in it or not.

Last edited:

dhundhun

Still trying to understand it but based on my 12th house that I have a strong oneness with the universe.

Yes, with this chart one may be otherworldly and carry strong sense of oneness with the universe.

Spiritual factors will start showing up more and more - home environment will very much favor you in your growth and elevation.

Good luck in your pursuit.

CapAquaPis

I believe in Astrology.

Me too, with a healthy amount of skepticism, like my beliefs and opinions in science, politics and religion subjects. Astrology is a supernatural, paranormal and spiritual phenomena of celestial bodies of our solar system affects people here on earth. I don't really judge people I personally know well based on their sun, moon and planetary alignments, but sometimes throughout my life, I figured out a person's sun or moon sign...by noticing their mannerisms, external personality, and some behavioral and character traits indicates what sign they are or may be (can be ascendant signs if the sun sign isn't the issue).

For example, we must be cautious on how we analyze people based on their signs. The "dumbest" sign nonsense, for example, is thought to be Taurus, while the "smartest" either are Capricorn or Aquarius, both ruled by Saturn and Uranus in the winter group (Pisces included). I believe some signs affect the mind more (i.e. Cap, Aqua, Taurus, Gemini, Virgo and Libra), while these are more of the body (i.e. Pisces, Aries, Cancer, Leo, Scorpio and Sagitarius). Then the "unluckiest" sign Cancer and the "luckiest" one Pisces, both are water signs, and there's Scorpio which is known for bad luck, it's also a symbolic sign of emotional, medical and spiritual healing. And finally, Cancer and Virgo the most "feminine" while the most "masculine" are Aries and Leo. Many modern astrologers prefer to leave out gender and describe the masculine as "positive" energy vs feminine as "negative" energy signs.

I'm sure people may believe or not believe in astrology based on how their lives were or they discovered astrology explained their outcome of their past. My Mom and brother are Taurus the sign known not to be believers, while my Sag Dad and half-sister (his daughter) kinda believe in it, and my Cap teen nephew isn't fully aware of astrology unless classmates introduced it or told him about it in high school. I respect people no matter how they appear to me, because like the old adage goes: "you don't judge a book by its cover".

Blaze

Account Closed
Some people are sceptical regarding astrology because everyone has different opinions and that's ok :smile:
In India astrology is considered a science
so the attitude is dependent on culture as well

JA's post here covers this topic well enough. But might I add, if one doesn't believe then "C'est La vie", don't let others opinions get to you.

craft94

Me too, with a healthy amount of skepticism, like my beliefs and opinions in science, politics and religion subjects. Astrology is a supernatural, paranormal and spiritual phenomena of celestial bodies of our solar system affects people here on earth. I don't really judge people I personally know well based on their sun, moon and planetary alignments, but sometimes throughout my life, I figured out a person's sun or moon sign...by noticing their mannerisms, external personality, and some behavioral and character traits indicates what sign they are or may be (can be ascendant signs if the sun sign isn't the issue).

For example, we must be cautious on how we analyze people based on their signs. The "dumbest" sign nonsense, for example, is thought to be Taurus, while the "smartest" either are Capricorn or Aquarius, both ruled by Saturn and Uranus in the winter group (Pisces included). I believe some signs affect the mind more (i.e. Cap, Aqua, Taurus, Gemini, Virgo and Libra), while these are more of the body (i.e. Pisces, Aries, Cancer, Leo, Scorpio and Sagitarius). Then the "unluckiest" sign Cancer and the "luckiest" one Pisces, both are water signs, and there's Scorpio which is known for bad luck, it's also a symbolic sign of emotional, medical and spiritual healing. And finally, Cancer and Virgo the most "feminine" while the most "masculine" are Aries and Leo. Many modern astrologers prefer to leave out gender and describe the masculine as "positive" energy vs feminine as "negative" energy signs.

I'm sure people may believe or not believe in astrology based on how their lives were or they discovered astrology explained their outcome of their past. My Mom and brother are Taurus the sign known not to be believers, while my Sag Dad and half-sister (his daughter) kinda believe in it, and my Cap teen nephew isn't fully aware of astrology unless classmates introduced it or told him about it in high school. I respect people no matter how they appear to me, because like the old adage goes: "you don't judge a book by its cover".

Since when was Capricorn known to be the "smartest" sign? I would think air and humane signs* would be stereotyped as the smartest. Of course, it's all subjective and largely depends on how you define intelligence. Aquarius, I do often hear described in that way, and I think it's because the sign is both air (intellect, ideas) and fixed (and therefore delves deeper into information than Libra or Gemini) but personally, for intelligence, I would look at the planet Mercury (mind), not Saturn, and not just necessarily what sign it's placed in either.

*By humane signs, I'm thinking Virgo and Sagittarius in addition to the 3 air signs. I don't think Sagittarius is considered a humane sign in traditional astrology but it's half-human so for THIS post, I'm counting it... the most philosophical of the signs and all that

Last edited:

CapAquaPis

I find calendar dates fascinating, like this first October (2016) weekend: Sep 30- St. Michael's day, Oct 1 is important to neopagans, Oct 2- Rosh Hashanah and lunar-based Islamic New Year (new moon, both holidays starts in sunset) and Oct 3- St Francis of Assisi day. People believe in many different religions and in astrology, these days are tropical Libra or sidereal Virgo. Astrology is based on cycles, nature and biorhythms, and a religious person can accept astrology as part of God's work in maintaining the universal order of things.

Humanitarian

I find calendar dates fascinating, like this first October (2016) weekend: Sep 30- St. Michael's day, Oct 1 is important to neopagans, Oct 2- Rosh Hashanah and lunar-based Islamic New Year (new moon, both holidays starts in sunset) and Oct 3- St Francis of Assisi day. People believe in many different religions and in astrology, these days are tropical Libra or sidereal Virgo. Astrology is based on cycles, nature and biorhythms, and a religious person can accept astrology as part of God's work in maintaining the universal order of things.
Yes, that's me! I'm a Christian with astrological backgrounds and I believe that astrology is actually God's work, and God want people to figure out the meaning of God's creation (or Source's creation). I'm the heretic according to my Evangelical Christian family though

Humanitarian

My whole family is super religious and I wasn't allowed to explore astrology. But I secretly did anyways. I originally didn't believe in it because I had thought there were just sun signs. When I discovered how deep it is I became hooked. There is still so much for me to learn. Astrology should be a religion, ha ha ha.
Abby, my family is also a religious one, too! I can't openly express my interest to astrology in real life but I secretly do this...

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

Abby, my family is also a religious one, too!
I can't openly express astrology in this forum
but I secretly do this...

& since you have often said you are fourteen
then you are a minor
so you need parental permission :)
to participate on certain threads on our forum

JA's post here covers this topic well enough.
But might I add, if one doesn't believe then "C'est La vie",
don't let others opinions get to you.

JUPITERASC

The problem with not believing is that the non-believers believe that astrologers believe that the stars and signs make people do things. This is patently absurd.

consider the equally patent absurdity
of being e.g. in Canada currently - near an approaching out of control forest fire
or on a beach with a tsunami approaching

and NOT as a consequence being made to do things

What astrology actually is, is a symbolic representation of some underlying reality below the level of human senses. It doesn’t cause anything, it represents something. For example, when you drive down the road you might see a road sign that says 35mph.
This does not mean that your car goes 35 or that you are forced to go 35.
The sign forces motorists to LIMIT their speed to 35mph :)
UNLESS
motorists are willing to accept a fine for exceeding speed limits

It means that it is a sign of an underlying reality that most people don’t know: given normal driving conditions(dry road/average traffic/no pedestrians/good visual and reaction time in the driver) 35 mph is an OK speed to go to avoid an accident.
It is a sign there's a speed camera nearby

It doesn’t account for a deer suddenly bolting out from the side of the road.
If that were likely then a sign illustrates:
images

il_570xN.3629666320_f8r5.jpg

5b342433f1463fe86a89726b2c777519.jpg

Someone who had never driven a car, who did not know what a car is,
might think that the sign makes something happen.

Someone who has never driven a car
& also does not know what a car is

isn't resident near any roads

The sign makes MOTORISTS aware of a speed limit :)

This is astrology.

Frisiangal

consider the equally patent absurdity
of being e.g. in Canada currently - near an approaching out of control forest fire
or on a beach with a tsunami approaching

and NOT as a consequence being made to do things
My astrological 'conviction ' in such cases is that one of the outer planets is at work that 'bring about events that are out of the power of one's personal control.'

Many Moons ago one of the obligatory book reading for the British F.A.S. course was the effect of transits upon the natal chart. Explaining Uranus, the author wrote that he believed 'accidents do happen.' Even with only my few years of astro. knowledge the hairs raised at the back of my Taurean neck in disagreement. An individual may appear to be the innocent victim of an accident or event, and where another is involved it can be their influence that is the instigator.

Nothing 'just happens'. There is a reason (Jupiter) that brings about a cause (Saturn) that brings about an effect ..... upon a person and/or the planet as a whole.

When will the wake up call arise beforehand instead of in hindsight. :unsure:

Diem11

To such people I always offer this challenge: spend about a month examining the angles the planets make to the positions they were in at the time of your birth and pay attention to the events in your life.

Unfortunately, the vast majority of the skeptics are too stupid to understand what I'm even talking about.

Bjorkstrand

jesus knew astrology. he chose the 12 apostles. judas kills himself. He's replaced by Mathias. There had to be 12 at the pentacost.