What signs tend to do well against Scorpios in power struggles and confrontations?

Whoam1

I agree with almost everything you said.
Though I dont understand why Scorpio Moon could be better than Scorpio Sun? There are two different qualities expressed by Moon and Sun, I dont think we can compare. :unsure: But if you want to explain...

So you mean your Moon is in Scorpio + conjunct Pluto + in the 8th house? This is what you've meant? :andy:

Moon in 8th house virgo square to Pluto in the asc. The moon is who we are the sun is what we want. Sun sign Scorpios are more afraid and insecure aka more fearful and dangerous.

waybread

I will be giving you my own chart soon but it is not just my boss, I've met a great deal of nasty scorpios and he is not the only one. I would really like it if I could dig more into finding weaknesses of this sign as well as placements and signs that are very good at capitalizing on these weaknesses and getting the better of this sign.

Why are you construing personal relationships as a "dominate or be dominated" scenario? What about a team-based or win-win scenario? Which seems like the happier workplace?

I'll have more to say via PM.

muchacho

I've heard Capricorn a great deal too.

So Capricorn seems like a sign that can go toe to toe while Taurus is one that can get the better of it.

Do have to say as I have said many times, I don't think any other sign gets it *** kissed as much by astrologers as Scorpio.
If we are talking about Sun signs, then in this context Capricorn is on par with Scorpio. People tend to overestimate Scorpio's power. It's true that the Scoprio can outdo any other sign in terms of focus, tenacity and stamina - even in the long run. But, ironically, this is also the Scorpio's Achilles heel because very often the Scorpio doesn't realize when enough is enough and then goes beyond the point of no return and self-destructs. The Capricorn doesn't have that kind of dilemma. So in the very long run, the Capricorn may actually prevail.

Whoam1

If we are talking about Sun signs, then in this context Capricorn is on par with Scorpio. People tend to overestimate Scorpio's power. It's true that the Scoprio can outdo any other sign in terms of focus, tenacity and stamina - even in the long run. But, ironically, this is also the Scorpio's Achilles heel because very often the Scorpio doesn't realize when enough is enough and then goes beyond the point of no return and self-destructs. The Capricorn doesn't have that kind of dilemma. So in the very long run, the Capricorn may actually prevail.

I'm a cappy sun and my moon has very Plutonic and eighth house/ Scorpio energy. Saturn is more of an *** than Pluto he's harder to deal with I wouldn't even call him my chart ruler he's more like an abusive father, that's y cappys are more prevailing because if they can't beat the Plutonian Scorpio person they have a place much worse than hell to deal with...

I have been examining the past presidential election and found that Trump managed to defeat Hillary (a Scorpio) as well as Ted Cruz (Mars in Scorpio). Not sure how he was able to pull it off and I am sure he is not too popular around here but it is worth admiring how alongside Obama, he was able to win against the so called most powerful sign (though Hillary did work as Secretary of State for Obama).

At some point I will have to look at Trump's chart to see what placements made him a very tough opponent for Hillary Clinton and Ted Cruz.

kimiko8

Pshhh, none of you know anything...
How to stop the unstoppable?
Place the immovable in it's path
Taurus in anything, all the way :p

sets fire and runs away happily

Serious answer:

I honestly don't think a correct answer will come from anyone with strong Plutonian aspects, simply because what others perceive about you is the 'truth' most of the times. You may argue that Scorpio likes hiding its true nature so 'only they know themselves'. For me that's the equivalent of knowing CPR but not doing it when its needed- what was the point of you knowing CPR at all then, you might as well have not known it, lol.

Let's see... Scorpios are 1.resilient 2.adaptable 3.passionate 4.perceptive about others (but oddly silent/doesn't react to it) 5. curious 6. never really lets go.

(This is my personal understanding of their traits, from a number of Scorp Asc/Sun/Moon/Mars- Merc and Venus I'm not considering right now because I'm assuming you want to defeat the person.)

So you have to have something that hits nearly all those traits, or blocks or at least diverts or confuses it. We are looking for someone who is very close to being a Scorpio without actually being one. Someone who just keeps on going and trying and finding new ways to pin them down while maintaining a ledger-book of all successes and failures to build up an always better battle plan.

2. Adaptable- keeping up? Gemini Merc/Sun- not mars because too unfocused. Or, keep it in the family- Sun/Mars in Cancer or Pisces. Taurus and other fixed signs give up here (except maybe Virgo). I'd say Libra too but it'd be more them trying to keep peace rather than 'fighting' but they can definitely deal with it.

3. Passionate- Aries anything, I really cannot match Aries in passion and drive, except for maybe Capricorn but then Caps are more calculating. If you're up against a Scorp it's do or die, and Cap would be like meh, who cares. Aries would jump in to die.

4. I'd say a LOT of signs are perceptive- Taurus, Capris, Cancer, Saggis, Aquas- but then it's what you do with it, so Mars in Capri or Aquarius, I'd say.

5. Curious, or for a better term, imaginative- get the whole air gang and Virgo here. Just following their thought processes would make most Scorpios upset. It makes them throw their hands up and go, "Why?" I think Scorpios can keep up with it, but it does get under their skin a little, so little victories, lol.

6. Never lets go of the grudge- Cancer, Taurus, Aries and Aqua to an extent. I don't know why Aqua (Suns) hold grudges sometimes, personally, because I feel they do it for stupid reasons but within that window period they can be as scheming, cunning and grudge bearing as a mad Scorpio on fire. Then suddenly poof, they're all forgiveness.

1. Resilient: Capris, moon esp because they are attuned to accepting defeat and trying again like it's a fact of life. Taurus because they are stupid and know nothing else. I'd say Cancer moon too because riding emotions seem to be just breakfast for them.

so, you have a few different ways to approach it, so to be fair, everyone can take this sign down in their own way. I put resilient at the end because that's important- in this fight, you cannot give up, you must find 10 more ways because if not today, the Scorp will hit you tomorrow, and you might not see it coming. IMO best fit - a Capricorn with a cause.

I'd just like to add as a disclaimer that most Scorpios I have met are annoyingly sweet people who much rather help than hate. Their perception of people and life allows them to move on and do better rather than sit and stagnate. If they're on your a** it's probably because you really, really hurt them in some unforgivable way (and were unapologetic about it) and they're not really trying to get back at you, but more trying to mend their hurt ego. That's why it may seem they strike out of the blue- the hurt was always there, and if they see a window of opportunity, they will break it, just so some shards land on your face.

Well most Scorpios I have known were nasty people that tried their best to kill the potential in others.

I do admit that Taurus and Capricorns are two signs that can make mince meat out of Scorpio placements but I wonder if weak signs like Leos and Virgos can defeat Scorpio placements as well through their own ways.

JOS

Well most Scorpios I have known were nasty people that tried their best to kill the potential in others.

I do admit that Taurus and Capricorns are two signs that can make mince meat out of Scorpio placements but I wonder if weak signs like Leos and Virgos can defeat Scorpio placements as well through their own ways.

Of course they do. They are selfish to the bone so they hate you for the things they love you the first place.
Aries can give them their own dose of medicine as aries takes no ****.
Worst is the capricorn sun with some scorpio involvement. Doomed to die alone in agony

Of course they do. They are selfish to the bone so they hate you for the things they love you the first place.
Aries can give them their own dose of medicine as aries takes no ****.
Worst is the capricorn sun with some scorpio involvement. Doomed to die alone in agony

I love Aries, wish I was one, but unfortunately I got stuck with a weak and garbage zodiac sign that can't put up much of a fight (Leo)

Timmytwothumbs

@Timmytwothumbs:
dont underestimate Scorpios. Nothing of what they do (particularly if Mars is in Scorpio) or say (particularly if Mercury is there) is for nothing, just pointless. No, they dont waste themselves,they always mean smth, they always have aims... and the necessary skills to catch intuitively others' vulnerabilities and exploit them if this is in their advantage. Those with Leo stamp are like an open book, Scorpios will face no trouble in finding precisely what to do or what to say to get to their final destination through Leo's weakness (or anyone's weakness). They will praise you, they will apologize, they will make you think they are sorry, they will even make you services/gifts to regain your sympathy if necessary, but is not about you/Leo/whoever else here: Scorpios have THEIR aims and they enjoy playing hidden and the motto "who laughs at end, laughs better".
(looks like a horrible image of Scorpio here, most of them can do that, but there is also plenty of those who want to keep their dignity and wont go low).

But considering this hidden and silent operating style of a Scorpio, often perversely, its hard to defeat him because you cant guess him and his next step or intention. I really think just another Scorpio (well equipped astrologically) can dismantle for real such creature and his strategy. :w00t: Like, for real, not just illusions.

Personally, I was pissed off, indeed, by those who wore the stamp of Taurus (because he is a strong head and really cant win him on a clean confrontation, he just p*sses on your arguments no matter how much sense they make, you must dance the way he sings :lol: he literally forced my hand to act unconstitutionally, he may be a brute force but he doesnt have subtilities, he's more straightforward, he doesnt think you can act unconstitutionally :bandit: and of course that who laughs at end, laughs better...but still we kept a reciprocal respect to each other after all, we still talk and we still appreciate each other).

And the other character who pissed me off was Leo...But not any Leo but a Leo with Mars in Leo. He was 10 times more annoying and irritating than Taurus. But i am sure that the fact that I have Leo rising played a role there because I cant bear to see such acts of self importance (i think was a clash of egos, a Leo rising was enough herself in a room :innocent:). I even remember why we had that argument (after almost 5 years), on what topic and, of course, who won and who didnt know to loose. :annoyed: The outcome was not the same as in the case of Taurus, though. What was dead, was dead forever.

I also have noticed that Mars in Aquarius can be very powerful as well, they arent afraid of confrontation but those who happen to have the Mars at the right degree to make the square to my Scorpio Pluto feel often to be en guard when it comes about me, they always think I plan to do smth unorthodox to them (even though i dont have any intention to harm them, like never :love:), my antenna can perceive their insecurity but they play brave and they are up for confrontation and are often quite harsh. With an animal magnetism I can feel they fear (which makes them vulnerable in my eyes), but in the same time i like Mars in Aquarius in general, and their courage and their "dont tell me what to do" attitude. :lol:

I have Pluto in Scorpio. And Uranus in aquarius and sun in taurus opposite north node in Scorpio. I really understand Scorpio. I don't underestimate them, but a Scorpio especially Mars there still has weaknesses. Every sign does. But I was just saying from the perspective of Mars in Scorpio, Mars in Leo will exploited those weaknesses. Mars in Scorpio will exploit the weaknesses of Mars in aquarius. It's all about the pattern. Forget about the names, if a planet is 90 degrees backward or reverse a particular planet, the latter will have a hard time.

Last edited:

JOS

I have Pluto in Scorpio. And Uranus in aquarius and sun in taurus opposite north node in Scorpio. I really understand Scorpio. I don't underestimate them, but a Scorpio especially Mars there still has weaknesses. Every sign does. But I was just saying from the perspective of Mars in Scorpio, Mars in Leo will exploited those weaknesses. Mars in Scorpio will exploit the weaknesses of Mars in aquarius. It's all about the pattern. Forget about the names, if a planet is 90 degrees backward or reverse a particular planet, the latter will have a hard time.

When you re intuitive and gifted with some empathic traits you can spot their intentions even you can't directly prove it. It's still give you leverage to evade their tactics. My partner is cap sun, scorpio moon (double) and aquarius mars so I know little bit about this behaviour :)
They are tough and extremely gifted to spot your weakness and bombard from that side. The best way to deal with them when they try they manipulation to instantly let them know how does it comes off, it turns them into different invasion to get through you but you can keep confront them until they back off as don't find any grip on you. They will come with silent treatment then, so time for you to focus on something productive :)

JOS

As for the quoted commenter, absolutely right, most BS coming from their insecurity and yes you can understand their behaviour and where is it coming from. They indeed play the brave and go till the end to keep their ground, useless to mention absolutely make no sense and unnecessary way

kimiko8

I love Aries, wish I was one, but unfortunately I got stuck with a weak and garbage zodiac sign that can't put up much of a fight (Leo)

Oh come on :lol: good kings stay kings because they know which battles should be fought. Sometimes the worst thing you could do to an opponent is to ignore them even face on!

I have a house full of Aries (2 siblings, dad and I have Mars in 1st which gives a similar attitude) and on a bad day we just seem to fall into every stupid emotional ditch and trench in our path. Then we play boxing matches with our shadows because we don’t know how else to deal with our problems. They have their bad points too. At least Leos always seem to know how to deal with their feelings in a more self-respectable fashion.

For the rest, I’m really sorry that you all have seemed to have met what sounds like misguided and hurt Scorps. I have too, my childhood was made hell due to 3 Scorps more or less preying on me everyday (then one of them changed their way- and was much happier about it).
That was 15 years ago, and from what I understand, even now they are mentally just as underdeveloped as they were as 7 year old bullies. The Scorpios I met after my school were amazing people. I don’t know if it was me, or just them growing into maturity, but I’ve always met Scorps who were emotionally honest and open with me, and they were always my rock during bad times.

I would just like to say that if you manage to look under their shell, you will understand where the hurt is coming from, and then you have the choice- heal them or leave them. Trying to get even with them is not necessary- karma will act on its own on these people and you may even get to be it’s lucky instrument.

Boston Guy

I don't find Scorpios all that intimidating. Really the only Scorpio I find myself with is Pluto in Scorpio in the 5th. Not quite sure how that has manifested in my life so far. This said I don't care what my aspects are, or what his aspects are, if he stands in my way one of us is going down.