I have Mars conjunct ASC, but why am I so lazy???

iuhrgiurhgr

Banned
According to my chart, I should be quite "Martial" by nature and shouldn't have any problems taking and initiating action. In fact, I should be a complete go-getter with all these Mars energy, right?!!

But no, I'm incredibly lazy, have no ambition, scattered-brain, energy levels go up n' down to extremes, and I have little to no motivation whatsoever to set out and accomplish anything with my life. I mean... don't get me wrong here, I DO have the desire to accomplish said goals/tasks/agendas, but the only problem I have is the lack of motivation which is needed to kick start it, if that makes any sense.

Also, I can EASILY work on many projects at once with high vigor and passion (like, be totally into my work), but never seem to finish any of them since I tend to lose interest just as quickly. In other words, I am unable to sustain the interest due to the fluctuating energy levels as mentioned earlier. Talk about quantity versues quality, lol.

Is there anything in my chart that suggests laziness? I always thought it was my Sun trine Moon and Venus square Jupiter which are commonly the "lazy" aspects. Oh and also, correct me if I'm wrong but Saturn is one of my weakest planets, right? That's why I have no ambition or self-discipline.

Dammit, I really need to get my game up and actually DO something with my life. I'm tired of being useless in the world of society. Heck, I haven't even got my driver's license yet, let alone know how to drive a car. *sigh*

11vtlvq.gif

Last edited:

conspiracy theorist

What I'm seeing with your chart is that their are a tons of receptions that affect the manifestations of certain aspects. What it results in is a lot of ease and comfort; the internal engine isn't overly roused to outward action.

You have Venus and Jupiter square, an aspect that can describe one who has issues with regulating themselves when it comes to their enjoyments and indulgences. There angular location tells that this is a very prominent pattern for you in your life which will have an effect on your career ambitions (Venus 10th) and health/well-being (Jupiter in 1st).

They are in mutual reception as they are located in each others domiciles - this is an aspect of co-operation. It's like Venus and Jupiter are egging each other on to keep the party going. "Everything is alright" they say, so you have no desire to exert yourself because you believe that where you are is pretty good.

Saturn, which is the planet of hard work and endurance, isn't an easy energy for you to tap into. This is because it is adverse by sign to the ascendant and is retrograde (meaning possible delays). It is also inconjunct Saturn which could mean that there is a nagging discomfort any you have to apply sustained (Saturn) effort (Mars).

By whole sign, both your fixed planets are adverse to your ascendant. The planets that signify your mind are both in cardinal signs which would indicate if you are inclined to any "energy-output" it would be initiative and starting rather than sustaining. You also possess a Mercury inconjunct Saturn which could descibe difficulty in keeping your thoughts (Mercury) under Control (Saturn).

Mars rules the 3rd house and is right on the ascendant. It is strengthened by his relationship with Mercury, it's ruler. This could describe a person with a lot of cerebral energy and desire for expression/communication. Mars ruling the 8th might also indicate anxiety when action is required, which will result in you trying to escape the pressure via your more self-indulgent aspects.

This chart doesn't lack ambition or energy imo.

Last edited:

iuhrgiurhgr

Banned
What I'm seeing with your chart is that their are a tons of receptions that affect the manifestations of certain aspects. What it results in is a lot of ease and comfort; the internal engine isn't overly roused to outward action.

You have Venus and Jupiter square, an aspect that can describe one who has issues with regulating themselves when it comes to their enjoyments and indulgences. There angular location tells that this is a very prominent pattern for you in your life which will have an effect on your career ambitions (Venus 10th) and health/well-being (Jupiter in 1st).

They are in mutual reception as they are located in each others domiciles - this is an aspect of co-operation. It's like Venus and Jupiter are egging each other on to keep the party going. "Everything is alright" they say, so you have no desire to exert yourself because you believe that where you are is pretty good.

Saturn, which is the planet of hard work and endurance, isn't an easy energy for you to tap into. This is because it is adverse by sign to the ascendant and is retrograde (meaning possible delays). It is also inconjunct Saturn which could mean that there is a nagging discomfort any you have to apply sustained (Saturn) effort (Mars).

By whole sign, both your fixed planets are adverse to your ascendant. The planets that signify your mind are both in cardinal signs which would indicate if you are inclined to any "energy-output" it would be initiative and starting rather than sustaining. You also possess a Mercury inconjunct Saturn which could descibe difficulty in keeping your thoughts (Mercury) under Control (Saturn).

Mars rules the 3rd house and is right on the ascendant. It is strengthened by his relationship with Mercury, it's ruler. This could describe a person with a lot of cerebral energy and desire for expression/communication. Mars ruling the 8th might also indicate anxiety when action is required, which will result in you trying to escape the pressure via your more self-indulgent aspects.

This chart doesn't lack ambition or energy imo.

Holy cow, do I seriously have 2 planets in mutual reception??? I've been studying my own chart for over 8 years, but for me to never notice this is beyond me *face-palm*. But then again, nobody has ever told me they were in mutual reception, so you're actually the first person to point it out. Thanks, lol.

But yes, what you're describing sounds about accurate and I agree. Everything seems to make much more sense now.

For all my life, I always preferred taking the easy route instead of the hard one. I didn't believe there was such thing as hard work at all. However, what I do believe is to sit back n' relax while good things miraculously fall onto my lap without me doing any work whatsoever, and most importantly enjoy life to the fullest while leaving all my worries and problems behind, NEVER to look back ever again. In other words, I'm not in the "past" anymore... instead, I'm living in the "now" moment.

Last edited by a moderator:

conspiracy theorist

In other words, I'm not in the "past" anymore... instead, I'm living in the "now" moment of which all I can only know and experience is the pleasures of life, the raw pleasures that makes a guy like me drift off into the world of eternal bliss while feeling good in body, mind, and spirit.

That's a pretty exuberant passage right there. Do you see how your natal energies are manifesting?

Just to get it right, Venus is in Jupiter's exaltation, not domicile. The mutual reception remains. Venus is further strengthened by being in aspected by it's ruler, Moon. Venus is pulled into the relationship sphere (7th) because of this. But, it is received into it's detriment. Couple this with it being oriental to the Sun and out-of-sect and we have a very passionate Venus that can make you a bit to "aggressive" and wanton in getting what you desire/keeping the good vibes going. You also "leak" a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:

JUPITERASC

According to my chart, I should be quite "Martial" by nature and shouldn't have any problems taking and initiating action. In fact, I should be a complete go-getter with all these Mars energy, right?!!

But no, I'm incredibly lazy, have no ambition, scattered-brain, energy levels go up n' down to extremes, and I have little to no motivation whatsoever to set out and accomplish anything with my life. I mean... don't get me wrong here, I DO have the desire to accomplish said goals/tasks/agendas, but the only problem I have is the lack of motivation which is needed to kick start it, if that makes any sense.

Also, I can EASILY work on many projects at once with high vigor and passion (like, be totally into my work), but never seem to finish any of them since I tend to lose interest just as quickly. In other words, I am unable to sustain the interest due to the fluctuating energy levels as mentioned earlier. Talk about quantity versues quality, lol.

Is there anything in my chart that suggests laziness? I always thought it was my Sun trine Moon and Venus square Jupiter which are commonly the "lazy" aspects. Oh and also, correct me if I'm wrong but Saturn is one of my weakest planets, right? That's why I have no ambition or self-discipline.

Dammit, I really need to get my game up and actually DO something with my life. I'm tired of being useless in the world of society. Heck, I haven't even got my driver's license yet, let alone know how to drive a car. *sigh*

11vtlvq.gif

It seems you have a twin brother then :smile:
delivered literally simultaneously

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?p=645973#post645973

My little brother is going to college next fall, but he's deeply afraid that he won't make any friends. In fact, the thing that he hates most is not being noticed by others since it feels as if he doesn't exist.

He told me that his dream is to make A LOT of friends in college and be well-known in the college community. He said that he wants to make a change in his life...a drastic transformation that would enable him to reach the high social status of being the so-called "popular guy".

In fact, he keeps on saying he has this intense urge to connect with as many people as possible, form meaningful relationships, participate in social activities, join a fraternity, go to parties, and get busy on social networking sites. So...I told him to go ahead and chase after his dreams if that's what he truly wants. He nodded at me with victory and said "HELL YEAH, I WILL!".

So, does my brother have potential to be popular and well-received in his college? I hope he does, because I just want the best for my little brother.

262lh1w.gif

conspiracy theorist

^ That's what I mean by you "leak" m8. It's hard for you to restrain yourself and play the con game for long. Your chart describes a guileless and exuberant person.

Kannon

Initiating is one thing, but finishing is another when you've got many interests. I have similar experiences with my chart laid out similarly to yours (Virgo rising, Mars parallel MC in Gemini). Its the mutability and tendency to multi-task as a habit, which diffuses task oriented energies in various directions.

Also your planets are splayed out all over the place. So with a chart like this you have to look for where the anchors are -- conjunctions and parallels (of declination). Uranus is conjunct Neptune, only 0°07' from exact. This is creative energy, but can sometimes overwhelm a person with inspired, cerebral effects that need to be grounded in a realistic more practical, step-by-step approach. Just don't let anyone talk you out of your creative ideas.

I noticed Venus is nearly exactly parallel your South Node, which is an aspect that would tend to keep you in a comfort zone, maybe being a bit too conservative for your own good. But his aspect also suggest an inborn caring nature and/or creative talents to utilize in moving forward. That seems to be emphasized even more since Moon in fiery Aries is square Venus. You probably respond warmly and well to others.

Also Neptune 21S25 is parallel North Node 21S54. This aspect can make it difficult to feel a strong sense of what direction to go in and requires you take a more spiritual visioning approach to orienting yourself (rather than trying to fit yourself into a vocational category).

Now about Mars ... it is quincunx Saturn. This indicates a lesson or (series of) adjustment(s) in making sure that your day-to-day efforts are actually oriented towards a longer-term constructive goal. Its not really about ambition as much as it is about getting impulse energies/assertiveness lined up with ambitions/goals. Its about coordinating small steps towards what you know or sense is your potential. Again, just make sure this comes from your vision of what your life can be, not someone else's category of vocation.

Good luck.

sibylline

Is this for your brother again or for you?

Too much is too much with this angular, cardinal T-square with Venus, Moon, and Jupiter. The chart ruler Mercury is ruled by the Moon and opposite Uranus and Neptune so energy levels go up and down and energy is scattered.

Saturn in 6th is inclined to avoid work when undeveloped/young but take on too much work when older. You (whoever "you" is, in this case) should try now to develop your Saturn, which is square to Pluto in the 3rd showing you do have the ability for hard mental work. You're not always going to feel motivated, that's life.

iuhrgiurhgr

Banned
Is this for your brother again or for you?

Too much is too much with this angular, cardinal T-square with Venus, Moon, and Jupiter. The chart ruler Mercury is ruled by the Moon and opposite Uranus and Neptune so energy levels go up and down and energy is scattered.

Saturn in 6th is inclined to avoid work when undeveloped/young but take on too much work when older. You (whoever "you" is, in this case) should try now to develop your Saturn, which is square to Pluto in the 3rd showing you do have the ability for hard mental work. You're not always going to feel motivated, that's life.

That makes sense and you're right in that I should start developing my Saturn. It's all about taking it a step at a time...from baby steps to big daddy steps. My goal is to aim for the big daddy steps

iuhrgiurhgr

Banned
Initiating is one thing, but finishing is another when you've got many interests. I have similar experiences with my chart laid out similarly to yours (Virgo rising, Mars parallel MC in Gemini). Its the mutability and tendency to multi-task as a habit, which diffuses task oriented energies in various directions.

Also your planets are splayed out all over the place. So with a chart like this you have to look for where the anchors are -- conjunctions and parallels (of declination). Uranus is conjunct Neptune, only 0°07' from exact. This is creative energy, but can sometimes overwhelm a person with inspired, cerebral effects that need to be grounded in a realistic more practical, step-by-step approach. Just don't let anyone talk you out of your creative ideas.

I noticed Venus is nearly exactly parallel your South Node, which is an aspect that would tend to keep you in a comfort zone, maybe being a bit too conservative for your own good. But his aspect also suggest an inborn caring nature and/or creative talents to utilize in moving forward. That seems to be emphasized even more since Moon in fiery Aries is square Venus. You probably respond warmly and well to others.

Also Neptune 21S25 is parallel North Node 21S54. This aspect can make it difficult to feel a strong sense of what direction to go in and requires you take a more spiritual visioning approach to orienting yourself (rather than trying to fit yourself into a vocational category).

Now about Mars ... it is quincunx Saturn. This indicates a lesson or (series of) adjustment(s) in making sure that your day-to-day efforts are actually oriented towards a longer-term constructive goal. Its not really about ambition as much as it is about getting impulse energies/assertiveness lined up with ambitions/goals. Its about coordinating small steps towards what you know or sense is your potential. Again, just make sure this comes from your vision of what your life can be, not someone else's category of vocation.

Good luck.

Thanks!

Yeah, I'm trying to do just that, taking small steps!

Can be quite challenging at first though... even simple things like cleaning my room requires a lot of "self-forcing" before I actually do it. Like, I just really REALLY dislike doing boring stuff unless it's necessary. Anything that's boring or unpleasant turns me off completely. Again, I hate it! I absolutely hate it!!! This is why I'm so scared of Saturn transits, because that's when things get much harder and your life pretty much goes downhill from there.

I strongly prefer the "good stuff" in life: such as yummy food, music, partying, socializing, traveling, drugs, and of course can't forget touching myself! As you can see, I'm a dopamine-junkie. It has to feel GOOD for me to want to do it.

Last edited: