Cancer Moon

Capricorn2616

Does anyone else struggle with their cancer moon? Mine is conjunct my midheaven and really clashes with my Capricorn sun and Libra ascendant. I was wondering if anyone has suggestions on how to balance out Cancer's emotions with Capricorn's stoicism and Libra's need to be agreeable. Thanks!

katydid

Does anyone else struggle with their cancer moon? Mine is conjunct my midheaven and really clashes with my Capricorn sun and Libra ascendant. I was wondering if anyone has suggestions on how to balance out Cancer's emotions with Capricorn's stoicism and Libra's need to be agreeable. Thanks!

My husband of 32 years has a Cancer Moon. His Moon is tightly conjunct Uranus in Cancer in the 3rd. And it is the trigger of a very tight t-square with Sun/Mercury in Aries in the 12th and Saturn/Neptune in Libra in the 6th.

He can be very emotional. But I have a Capricorn Moon. And I think we balance each other out. When our kids wanted something, like a new toy or permission to go out, they asked Dad. :annoyed:When they needed help doing something like school work etc, they asked me. :smile: We were good cop, bad cop. But they love us both because we both were necessary for their upbringing.

If one of the kids had a crisis, like a break up or bad grade, Moon in Cancer Dad got emotional and commiserated with them. He would agree with them that the teacher was stupid and wrong etc. lol

I would take the opposite stance and require them to show me the D paper and point out where the teacher was correct. :unsure:

So the Moon in Cancer has importance for sure because it was necessary to balance out My Cappiness.

My husband is a very emotional, compassionate soul. He always befriends the under dogs. At his office, he knows everyone by first name. From the security guard and maintenance man to the CEO and the 'suits' as he calls them. He takes the time to get to know them all personally and he does so sincerely. I don't know how he does it. :andy:

For fun and relaxation, sometimes he peruses Kickstarter and GoFundME and donates small amounts to various people who need help. It feeds his soul. :love:

I think it is good for you that you have the constraints put on your Cancer Moon by the Capricorn/Libra influences. Cancer Moons need to be reigned in a bit. It is emotionally overwhelming to be too consumed by too many emotional connections/situations.

My husbands Moon is in the 3rd conjunct Uranus. He writes animated cartoons and writes books and does lectures and book tours. Very uranian 3rd house energy to help feed his Moon.:alien:

Capricorn2616

Haha aw thanks for sharing Katydid! I love the emojis for emphasis, adorable! It sounds like your kids had a very nice balance emotionally in their parents; you sound like a great mom! I can very much relate to your husband...I probably need to make more of an effort to express my emotions creatively; I do somewhat, but not often enough.

I agree about the benefits of my Capricorn sun and Libra ascendant balancing amount my emotions by putting a fair amount of restraint, but sometimes they just can't contain it. And when I become stuck in my emotions, my capricorn sun makes me feel guilty about it and ashamed. I feel like I'm talking about my planets as multiple personalities :unsure:

Putting this out there on a thread makes me uncomfortable, but I have found discussing things on this forum to be very therapeutic. I'm in a rocky relationship and re-evaluating a lot of things in my life so I kind of feel like a mess. I'm very thankful for the users who have offered their advice. :love:

katydid

The planets are multiple personalities, in my opinion. And they all need to be heard and fed and negotiated with.

Your Cap Sun has more to say than just making you feel ashamed and guilty. I think that is your Cancer Moon talking. :unsure:

The Cap Sun is not looking to lay blame. It is looking to make you more objective and productive in your daily life. The Cap Sun wants you to attain your objectives, live your life fully and successfully.

Your Moon will respond by feeling guilty and shameful perhaps. And that is where the work can be done, internally. Google Cancer/Cap oppositions and read about how to overcome them. Look at various methods to incorporate both energies successfully.

Libra/Aries axis is the way out. Through relationships, partnerships and self exploration?

Stellium6th

My husband of 32 years has a Cancer Moon. His Moon is tightly conjunct Uranus in Cancer in the 3rd. And it is the trigger of a very tight t-square with Sun/Mercury in Aries in the 12th and Saturn/Neptune in Libra in the 6th.

He can be very emotional. But I have a Capricorn Moon. And I think we balance each other out. When our kids wanted something, like a new toy or permission to go out, they asked Dad. :annoyed:When they needed help doing something like school work etc, they asked me. :smile: We were good cop, bad cop. But they love us both because we both were necessary for their upbringing.

If one of the kids had a crisis, like a break up or bad grade, Moon in Cancer Dad got emotional and commiserated with them. He would agree with them that the teacher was stupid and wrong etc. lol

I would take the opposite stance and require them to show me the D paper and point out where the teacher was correct. :unsure:

So the Moon in Cancer has importance for sure because it was necessary to balance out My Cappiness.

My husband is a very emotional, compassionate soul. He always befriends the under dogs. At his office, he knows everyone by first name. From the security guard and maintenance man to the CEO and the 'suits' as he calls them. He takes the time to get to know them all personally and he does so sincerely. I don't know how he does it. :andy:

For fun and relaxation, sometimes he peruses Kickstarter and GoFundME and donates small amounts to various people who need help. It feeds his soul. :love:

I think it is good for you that you have the constraints put on your Cancer Moon by the Capricorn/Libra influences. Cancer Moons need to be reigned in a bit. It is emotionally overwhelming to be too consumed by too many emotional connections/situations.

My husbands Moon is in the 3rd conjunct Uranus. He writes animated cartoons and writes books and does lectures and book tours. Very uranian 3rd house energy to help feed his Moon.:alien:

How would that Moon be fed in that conjunction with Uranus in the 6th house instead? Work?

Capricorn2616

The planets are multiple personalities, in my opinion. And they all need to be heard and fed and negotiated with.

Your Cap Sun has more to say than just making you feel ashamed and guilty. I think that is your Cancer Moon talking. :unsure:

The Cap Sun is not looking to lay blame. It is looking to make you more objective and productive in your daily life. The Cap Sun wants you to attain your objectives, live your life fully and successfully.

Your Moon will respond by feeling guilty and shameful perhaps. And that is where the work can be done, internally. Google Cancer/Cap oppositions and read about how to overcome them. Look at various methods to incorporate both energies successfully.

Libra/Aries axis is the way out. Through relationships, partnerships and self exploration?

That's a great suggestion... I will definately look into it. I think you are right about the Libra/Aries axis. I have already learned so much through partnerships, relationships, and self exploration. Thanks for all your help!

Kitchy

Banned
I seldom see Moon in Cancer in charts. Not sure why.

My son has MiC, but it's parallel to his Saturn, so comme si comme ca. Moon is in his 7th house square his Aries Sun & Venus and has the outer Cap stellium on top of it all.

When he was little? Oh dear, he was always a bundle of emotions and reactions.People doing him wrong, hurting his kind sensibilities and his polite Moony Cancer 7th dealings with other kids. When he would cry - I would hand him a cotton handkerchief and say "let it out, Boo. let it all out..." and he would cry until he was done and then he'd be better.

His Moon Cancer is exact trine to his Pluto scorpio - so there were many moments as mentioned above. Deep wells of sorrow and anger and tears where others were concerned.

Now, he's a grown up and he has, at least as much as I can objectively see, has a beautiful emotional nature of knowing that he can survive even the hardest hurts. He is always nice to people, but he has learned that they are not responsible for his emotional needs.

Saturn and Moon are brilliant together for all the right reasons.

Last edited:

Capricorn2616

I seldom see Moon in Cancer in charts. Not sure why.

My son has MiC, but it's parallel to his Saturn, so comme si comme ca. Moon is in his 7th house square his Aries Sun & Venus and has the outer Cap stellium on top of it all.

When he was little? Oh dear, he was always a bundle of emotions and reactions.People doing him wrong, hurting his kind sensibilities and his polite Moony Cancer 7th dealings with other kids. When he would cry - I would hand him a cotton handkerchief and say "let it out, Boo. let it all out..." and he would cry until he was done and then he'd be better.

His Moon Cancer is exact trine to his Pluto scorpio - so there were many moments as mentioned above. Deep wells of sorrow and anger and tears where others were concerned.

Now, he's a grown up and he has, at least as much as I can objectively see, has a beautiful emotional nature of knowing that he can survive even the hardest hurts. He is always nice to people, but he has learned that they are not responsible for his emotional needs.

Saturn and Moon are brilliant together for all the right reasons.

That was a lovely story, Kitchy. I can definately relate to what he went through growing up. I agree that it can be a lovely placement once you mature into using it correctly. I figured Cancer moons would be rather common ... I read that Cancer Suns are common because of all the babies born in the summer. I guess the same doesn't apply to moons. Have you seen any intuitive abilities in your son? I read that Scorpio and Pisces have the most out of the water signs, but I was wondering if that could be a benefit of this placement.

Tessie

Banned
i seldom see moon in cancer in charts. Not sure why.

My son has mic, but it's parallel to his saturn, so comme si comme ca. Moon is in his 7th house square his aries sun & venus and has the outer cap stellium on top of it all.

When he was little? Oh dear, he was always a bundle of emotions and reactions.people doing him wrong, hurting his kind sensibilities and his polite moony cancer 7th dealings with other kids. When he would cry - i would hand him a cotton handkerchief and say "let it out, boo. Let it all out..." and he would cry until he was done and then he'd be better.

His moon cancer is exact trine to his pluto scorpio - so there were many moments as mentioned above. Deep wells of sorrow and anger and tears where others were concerned.

Now, he's a grown up and he has, at least as much as i can objectively see, has a beautiful emotional nature of knowing that he can survive even the hardest hurts. He is always nice to people, but he has learned that they are not responsible for his emotional needs.

Saturn and moon are brilliant together for all the right reasons.

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 Aw, give him a big kiss from us.

Tessie

Banned
Your son is GORGEOUS! He does look sensitive and yet very stable, just what us girls like ;) I bet it seems like only yesterday that he was the little cutie crying by his mama <3 Does he play professionally? x x x

sibylline

Cancer is a great position for the Moon.

You may just have to accept that strong emotions are a part of you and not fight against it. Why do you think your emotions need to be "contained"...is that the Cap and Libra speaking? Or are they causing issues in your life?

Capricorn2616

Cancer is a great position for the Moon.

You may just have to accept that strong emotions are a part of you and not fight against it. Why do you think your emotions need to be "contained"...is that the Cap and Libra speaking? Or are they causing issues in your life?
Thanks for responding sibylline. I think it is the Cap and Libra speaking. Also, most of the people I've experienced through family and relationships rejecting any form of emotions as weak, pathetic, or just weird. My mother is the one exception, she also has a cancer moon.

I have been thinking lately that it is just a part of my life that I have been repressing for too long. I am trying to be more authentic, even if that means alienating people who don't appreciate that side of me. My moon is conjunct my midheaven ... so I guess there's no point in trying to hide it lol. I think the only time they cause issues is when I'm forced to suppress them for too long and they become internalized.

katydid

I think that having the Cancer Moon in the 10th is creating some of the tension. Cancer emotional energy likes privacy, security and secrecy. The 10th is the most public, prominent, visible position in the chart. :unsure:

animatedoodle

My sister has Moon in Cancer in the 6th house. It has a 3 orb opposition to Jupiter Cap in the 12th. I cannot even begin to tell you the emotional journey she had to go through in order to balance her emotions, they ruled her life for 27 years. A lot of influencers were the factors of course, but when life deals you a bad card at the beginning, the Moon in Cancer can become very angry, hurt and worst of all feeling very very betrayed.
Somehow, her Pisces sun made her very intuitive to this hurt, where is it...what can I do to make it better? Some say that Jupiter in the 12th actually helped, but I think it was her Saturn Scorpio conjunct her MC.

Because, she got up, after years of running, avoiding, crying, feeling hurt. And she threw herself into eating better, exercise, she signed up for humanitarian causes, she is a member of various committees, she writes, she edits, she has a huge network of people that really value her Saturnian ability to materialise, and thats what she has done. She has materialised all her feelings, into work. Where her little Cancer moon lives.

Sure she isn't perfect. She is still emotionally sensitive to the point of obnoxious...(I'm a Pisces Moon...thats a HUGE thing for me to say) she sometimes doesn't want to hear another opinion because it doesn't fit into her reality, which I admit is very nice... but its very sheltered. We recently had an argument because she called me racist for saying that a man who was playing basketball near us had "beautiful chocolate skin" I mean, it was the very first thing that popped into my head. I didn't mean anything by it... but she like the very Saturnian being she is (Also AQUA ASC like me) she made me be responsible for my words. She is responsible for what she says, so I should be too.

Anyways, just thought I'll share on how someone has balanced their Cancer/Cap energies.

Capricorn2616

Wow Animatedoodle .. Your sister's story eerily reflects mine; I am 27 years old. It gave me very positive feelings of hope and determination. I'm glad she was able to own her emotions in a productive way, because you're right; until you find the balance, it's complete pandemonium!

Your sister's moon was in her sixth.. so she found a healthy outlet through her work. What do you think is the equivalent in my situation with my moon in the 9th conjunct the MC? Thanks for sharing by the way! It really did make me feel ten times better about everything! :smile:

sibylline

Thanks for responding sibylline. I think it is the Cap and Libra speaking. Also, most of the people I've experienced through family and relationships rejecting any form of emotions as weak, pathetic, or just weird. My mother is the one exception, she also has a cancer moon.

Okay, I understand. It can be difficult dealing with watery energy if the people around you disparage it.

You can put it to work for you, especially with a Moon conjunct the MC. The Moon/MC can be quite popular with the public. Use your sensitivity and emotional insight to understand how to navigate the world, which would also satisfy your Libra ASC and Capricorn Sun.

I have been thinking lately that it is just a part of my life that I have been repressing for too long. I am trying to be more authentic, even if that means alienating people who don't appreciate that side of me. My moon is conjunct my midheaven ... so I guess there's no point in trying to hide it lol. I think the only time they cause issues is when I'm forced to suppress them for too long and they become internalized.

Yes, do not try to suppress them, use them.

katydid

Katydid, do you think the discomfort is something I'll always have to live with, so I should just accept it?

NO, it does not always have to be discomfort. Your Moon will 'mature' as you do. The Moon/Cancer is kind of like our inner child. Cap is like the inner parent. So having that opposition will always have that type of dynamic. But it does not have to always and forever create tension or discomfort. Once your emotions learn to interact/react more positively to the chidings/lectures from your Capricorn sense of what you 'should' be doing, then it can be a positive thing. The CARDINAL energies are very powerful and can create change and attain ambitious goals.

animatedoodle

Wow Animatedoodle .. Your sister's story eerily reflects mine; I am 27 years old. It gave me very positive feelings of hope and determination. I'm glad she was able to own her emotions in a productive way, because you're right; until you find the balance, it's complete pandemonium!

Your sister's moon was in her sixth.. so she found a healthy outlet through her work. What do you think is the equivalent in my situation with my moon in the 9th conjunct the MC? Thanks for sharing by the way! It really did make me feel ten times better about everything! :smile:

I am a novice in Astrology, so I'm not 100% sure on what the 9th house entails, so I do not want to steer you into any path that you may not resonate with. I would read a lot about the Moon conj the MC, because thats where my sister found her DRIVE. Because of her Saturnian strenght, she was so afraid of it...afraid of responsibility, etc, because she thought it would stifle her creativity. But in fact it was her salvation, her outlet for all her emotions.

Our mother has her Moon conj the MC EXACT and in the 9th house. She has found much fulfillment as a social worker, and is not only very successful she has touched and helped so many people :)