Midheaven extension,Tyl's Style

poyi

Premium Member
Hi Bas

I will try to give you independent reading as practice for myself. I didn't read too much of your own conclusion so see if I also coming up with the similar conclusion as a test.

Firstly, on this particular day of Lunar Eclipse at 25 degrees 45' Aries, it is within effective opposition to your natal Mercury in Libra the ruler of the 10h house.

Secondly, you are born with your Sun very close to the ecliptic point North node at 3 degree 32', Sun in 12th, is the ruler of the Leo cusp intercepted in the 9th house of oversea events. Sun is the ruler of the intercepted Saturn in Leo. Saturn square Mars on your Ascendant. Mars is the ruler of your 5th house the house of creativity, strength of this 5th house ruler highlighted by being on the AC. The level of creativitiy is there but seem to be restricted by the 9th house intercepted Saturn and Sun as another significtor for creativity is in the 12th house, behind the scene as well as oversea but also can be read as not being expressed fully.

Another ecliptic point the transit North node is at conjunction to your natal Sun, as I mentioned about Sun being the ruler of the intercepted Leo, the transit north node triggered your thought about your creativity and identity toward the goal regarding to this 9th house. Another factor, the transit Mercury is conjuncting your natal AC, that is the ruler of the 10th, describing your current thought particular to the Self again linked to the 10th house also the 8th house, ingredient of anxiety, fear and worries.

Venus conjunct Neptune artistic and in Sagittarius, mutual reception with Jupiter in Taurus but retrograde, the helping hands of Venus & Jupiter coming late. Jupiter the ruler of the Venus Art is quincunx Mercury the ruler of the 10th house and 8th house. Jupiter however trine Part of Fortune, in the 3rd. Which links to the Moon quincunx intercepted Saturn in Leo again. Moon actually is the ruler of the 9th house, in detriment, and Saturn is the ruler.

Overall, you have great talent but loads of blockages with matter related to the oversea land. How to break out the intercepted Saturn, ruler of the 9th Moon is and Sun in Scorpio in 12th (ruler of the intercepted Saturn) are the keys of this matter.

I would suggest to look into the eclipse on the 3rd November at 11 degrees 16 mins Scorpio it will be within effect orb so should bring event matter to your natal Mars and Ascendant. The other potential valuable thing to look at would be the antisicia of Uranus. As Uranus in Aries moves along the 5th house cusp, if any planet making the same degree of the antiscion point of this Uranus will bring unexpected event regarding to the 5th. Antiscia of Aries is Virgo so could watch for anything transiting in the Virgo sign of your 10th house.

But I have not found any cue to break the intercepted 9th, but I think with transiting North node conjunction Sun, ruler of this intercepted sign should be powerful event to show itself out what it is happening.

Let us know if you heard any news in the near future. Many thanks for sharing your chart and stories.

Last edited:

poyi

Premium Member
Thank you for sharing your stories and interpretation these eclipses have been following you all you life. Very uneasy life indeed. Your chart offered excellent learning opportunity. I hope more members will come to offer some of their insights.

I do have Tyl's book trying to practice his way of assessing vocation a few times. I still need a lot more chart reading practice. I started western astrology early last year when I joined the forum. Reading chart for stranger in forum since this August so needing a lot of refinement. I will have further look when I have better concentration tomorrow. Many thanks for your explanation.

poyi

Premium Member
Maybe horary will give more direct and simple answer for your career?

Fixed stars is also very reliable when you want to know about potential for fame.

Zarathu

Account Closed
Tyl's system really only pays attention to your potential for success.

Noel doesn't seem to be interested in whether the area that he assigns for success for you actually matches your preferred working conditions, and actually matches you abilities.

It is for this reason that all his examples on his forum only use people who are famously successful. In those instances, the success in the MH matches their preferred work environment and their abilities. I know lots of normal people who are more conflicted and struggle with finding something that works for them where success is not the only criteria. Some of those people are even on this forum.

For those people, their response is: "But I'm uncomfortable doing things like that". And Noel's response is simply, "But if you want to be successful then you have to do things you don't like." I guess it worked for him in his opera career.

Noel and I used to be close friends. But it was this kind of insensitivity that eventually split us up, although he would probably say that I was "jealous of his success."

Zarathu

Account Closed
Re: Midheaven extension

If you must know, I find this person's system to be exceedingly shallow, as I've explained already. He only is interested in the "Big Bells", and for him to only big bell is Success. Again the people he uses as examples are people for whom their job brought them major success in the world. He's never chosen someone who worked in a job because it was his/her preferred kind of work, and didn't give them much success in the world. People on his forum have tried to use it in that way.

Its of no use really for vocational counseling, since he admits that this really vocational profiling.

I just wonder what obscure book he took it from, that is long out of print, and long out of copyright and that no one knows about. You probably thought that his "Natal Midpoint and Solar Arc Analysis Directory" on pages 375- 454 of his book Solar Arcs was his? Its completely lifted from Reinhold Ebertin's COSI, just changing some of the words. He says he modernized them. Of course, Ebertin is dead, and cannot contest this.

One of his more famous constructs about Saturn Retrograde, was originally seen in a 1956 paper written by Dane Rudyhar. In that case, he doesn't even mention that he modernized it for psychoanalytic astrology and that it came from Rudyhar. Of course, Rudyhar is dead, and can't contest this.

I'm sorry but I don't have a lot of respect for him. Plus he has no concept of gratitude when people help him, especially when's down and out, and I certainly am at the receiving end of that stuff. He uses people and tosses them away if they should disagree with him in just a little way.

If you should tell him you use astrodynes with his system, he will freak! Another little item I know personally.

Last edited:

waybread

I give Noel Tyl a lot of credit, as one of the dons of modern astrology. However, his "midheaven extention method" seems to me to be a re-packaging of pre-existing astrological techniques. Some of them have been around for centuries, in fact.

I think a lot of people seeking vocational guidance want a specific career title or three. I found Tyl focused on some of the attributes that their workplace should contain. This is valuable, but doesn't always say whether someone would be better off as a "doctor, lawyer, merchant, thief.....butcher, baker, candlestick maker."

Zarathu

Account Closed

I give Noel Tyl a lot of credit, as one of the dons of modern astrology.

Despite my unhappiness with the man, I would have to say that he and his theories, though very different than mine, rank him as one of the three most profound affects on my life in astrology behind Kt Boehrer, and Ivy Goldstein Jacobson. However, Katie would roll over in her grave if she heard me say that. He was one her least liked astrologers. She told me stories about him from astrology conferences over the years that I could never share out loud. :bandit::wink:

Alice McDermott

I learned the 'Midheaven Extension Method' in my early years of astrology (in the 70's), it was part of the normal procedure for reading a chart back then. This system was applied to all houses and all areas of life.

For the physical body and environment one would start with the Ascendant, its ruler etc.,
For siblings one would start with the third house, its ruler ... and so on.

I successfully use the MEP in my own work but as I extensively use duads, declinations and midpoints I call it the "Career Flow Chart". I use the long cycles of Dashas and Fidaria as well as progressions and directions to time which part of the career flow will be activated at different times in life.

You can read more about it here: http://aliceportman.com/your-career-in-your-natal-chart/

Alice

Alice McDermott

I'll do a bit for you.

First of all, your MC is in the Scorpio duad of Virgo; this is an investigative position and gives a good ability to get to the heart of any problem.

Your Sun-Uranus-Node is sextile MC, give a measure of fame at times and an interest in working together with others in unusual areas - this fits astrology very well. Your Sun-Uranus is in the Capricorn section of Scorpio, giving a good sense of responsibility and the ability to take charge when necessary. This position often gives skill in administration.

Pluto is parallel the MC and on the Asc/MC midpoint; this, coupled with it being the modern ruler of your Ascendant and Scorpio stellium, makes it very important. This intensifies the Scorpio duad and increases magnetism. It is in the Pisces duad of Libra, which increases intuition and can give an interest in businesses related to art, music, entertainment and public relations. It is the focus of Pluto = Venus/Saturn, so will be interested in structuring the above areas.

Mercury, the ruler of the MC, is parallel the IC and therefore contraparallel the MC. It is also the oriental planet, so is very high focus. This increases the desire to communicate and discuss knowledge and information.

Mercury is in the 12th house, giving the ability to work by yourself as well as work in areas that require intuition, psychic ability or in institutions of various kinds. It is in the Virgo duad of Libra, which often gives skill in social and business communication and comes up a lot in areas to do with advertising, illustrations and critical assessment. It is septile the MC, which it rules, increasing the 'seeking after wisdom' focus which is probably part of your astrological career profile.

Venus is the ruler of your Mercury in Libra.

Venus is in Sagittarius, conjunct Neptune and square the MC. It semisquares the Neptune/MC midpoint - this is good for acting and music and can be very charming. Venus in Sagittarius suggests travel in pursuit of a career.

Venus is in the Pisces duad of Sagittarius, suggesting a great deal of fluctuation and indecision at times. This is a 'prophetic' placement and can often give you a feeling about how a situation will proceed. Like Mercury in the 12th, it can often draw you to institutions and sometimes religions or spiritual organisations that resonate with your needs. It is conjunct the fixed star Antares, which can give considerable success at times.

Venus is on your Sun/Moon midpoint, increasing your artistic interests and giving a harmonious approach to others. This also gives a love of beauty. It is also on your Moon/Node midpoint; Ebertin in COSI says this gives contacts and associations with the arts.

Neptune is in the Aries duad of Sagittarius, giving extensive travel and and sense of adventure.

Venus and Neptune in Sagittarius are ruled by Jupiter in Taurus. There is a mutual reception between Venus and Jupiter with the midpoint at 4Pisces02 - a bit far away from your MC, but maybe should be considered. This point is currently receiving a Neptune transit - not particularly good for relationships, so don't take anything on trust, but is good for the arts.

Your Jupiter/Neptune midpoint is conjunct the IC at 5Pisces34. Good for the arts, but care with money in necessary. Ebertin doesn't like this midpoint but the Magi astrologers say it is one of the 'success syndrome' aspects and can give charisma. Muncasey says it gives and interest in politics, magic and mysticism. I imagine it is very suitable for your interest in films, but it also has a tendency to be suggestible and trust others too much.

Jupiter is in the Aries duad of Taurus - a position that is excellent for sales and promotional work, particularly as it rules the 2nd house, suggesting money gained through such pursuits.

Transiting Neptune to your IC-MC axis is energizing your interest in film and travel. This is quite appropriate but remember how gullible Neptune can be.

I can't do your progressions and directions without knowing your birth location.

You are in your North Node Dasha, which started in 2007 and finishes in 2025, so this emphasizes the Sun-Uranus-Node sextile MC part of your career flow. Currently you are in the Node-Saturn section of the Dasha, which finishes in 2015; this period is good for practical planning and can draw you to foreign lands, but be careful as many countries are not beneficial to you.

You are in your Moon cycle in the Fidaria long cycles. The Moon is natally in your third house, emphasising communication. It is trine Ceres in the 10th, suggesting benefits through women. It is quincunx Saturn in the 9th, suggesting adjustments through education and/or travel. It is square Pluto, suggesting an emphasis on the Pluto section of your career flow. You are currently in the Moon-Sun section of this cycle, emphasizing the Sun in your career flow. On 2nd April 2014-15 July 2016 you will be in your Moon-Venus cycle, emphasizing the Venus section of your career flow.

This is only a bit of the career flow. To get more information you can look at the midpoints to the various placements I have given as well as the aspects involving the appropriate planets and angles.

Alice