Question re: Astrodeinst Eclipse Calculation Difference

Uranian

Many websites have posted the position of the moon for the coming eclipse (Nov 28, 2012) at at 6.47 Gemini. However, when I pull my Astrodeinst chart, the transiting moon's position is given as 29.31 Taurus.

Of course this causes the additional tables' calculations for aspects to the moon to be computed using the Taurus position, not the Gemini.

Can someone explain why the difference exists?

And, also, is there an adjustment I should make to correct the issue?

PS
The birth data I am using is: May 21, 1947 - 6:48 am - 71w04 42n22 (Boston, MA., USA)
Thanks!
Sandra

stainedBlue

Many websites have posted the position of the moon for the coming eclipse (Nov 28, 2012) at at 6.47 Gemini. However, when I pull my Astrodeinst chart, the transiting moon's position is given as 29.31 Taurus.

The eclipse doesn't begin until 12:14:58 UT (peak is at 14:33:00 UT according to a quick search I made). Notice the chart is generated for UT 00:00:00. I've been unable to find a place to input a specific time for transit charts on astro.com, so I don't have a solution for you; but now you know why. I suppose one workaround would be to add a new person, using the time for the eclipse and then creating a synastry chart and viewing the additional tables pdf to find the aspects to your chart. Not a pretty way to do it, but it should work.

Uranian

Dear stainedBlue, Thank You! Your explanation is appreciated and your creative suggested work-around seems like the way to go. Sandra