How to Recognize Physical Beauty

I did not even notice that! Nice observation. :happy: That is certainly something to look into. I have no answer for it at the moment.

Your Venus does not trine your Jupiter. Regarding your career as an actress, you have a very good situation here. I think you have chosen the right field for yourself, but then again, I suppose it was inevitable given your chart features. For being an actress, you are actually quite emotionally stable, though I would say you have some difficulty expressing your emotions and have gone through periods of depression and/or emotional volatility, especially in regard to relationships. (As an aside, I think you would be the person I would go to in any crisis type situation because of your ability to keep your cool and be focused. You have some remarkable control over your emotions, despite losing the plot a bit at times, which I think is a supreme asset to your acting.) You are someone who really looks for a deep relationship with another person and wants to be cared for as much as you care for the other person. You are a woman who actually really needs to feel needed. Regarding your relationships, I think you can be picky in this regard because you are very romantic. And it will also lead to disappointment. (I hope this describes you.) You look as if you have had some type of long distance relationship? Did someone move away and break your heart?

Speaking of Venus as well, I think you are going to have some issues with your career because of an inability to be in the right place. I don't know if you are in Hollywood but either your career will suffer from not going to where you need to go or your relationship will suffer because you had to leave it behind. I think it is going to be one or the other for you.

I aslo think you will be one of the starving artists types but will marry someone who is going to be of a great financial assistance to you. Your acting will be supported.
Thank you Cyno for the response!!!! What you wrote is very accurate and descriptive, thank you. I actually didn't really choose to act on my own, but when I was 17 and experienced my spiritual awakening- it was then that the love and passion was "placed" into my heart and I was awakened and taught to be sympathetic.. every time I work and make effort in that field, things really go far. Seems to be the universe telling me that's what I'm meant to do. I will pursue it.

The other things you mentioned are very accurate too, I am usually able to control my emotions as long as I know people aren't toiling with my head/thoughts.. it agitates me greatly when others try to see into my mind, I am an open book and attract a lot of dark energy, which makes me feel more negative. I have indeed been involved in a lot of long distance relationships, I have had my heart broken but moreso scared of it being broken and I often find myself distancing myself from others out of prevention and fear. I am realizing that I am in the wrong place, and have felt that way for the past 6 years. I have left many times but keep getting sucked back. I feel this year or the next may be the last chance for me to get my **** together and move to a place where I can have success. I have also struggled with balancing a relationship and career, it is very difficult. My midheaven/lilith is Libra and my south node is virgo in the 8th house. My stellium of sat/ura/nep in the 1st house is Square my midheaven- simply put, it's NOT easy for me to have a balanced, well-rounded life.. it is something I resist deeply but know it's the only path to success for me. I am struggling, but am managing to get ahead. Slowly but surely.

I have also considered that I am the stereotypical "starving artist". Because of this, I went to bartending school for a quick fix, and am working on the weekends making pretty good money. I am going back to school this semester to continue my accounting degree (im horrible with money- learning my weakness) and next year plan to transfer so that I can be self-sufficient and actually support my acting career. I have big ideas, want to write a lot. I keep having the notion to reach out and that I could be discovered, not sure what to think of this. Does anything in the stars support that?! Thank you again

cocoloco

Cypocryphy
or whoever :)
Can you take a look at my chart please and tell me what you see? According to your theory I am not very attractive at all. :crying:

picture.php

Last edited:

Cypocryphy

Cypocryphy
or whoever :)
Can you take a look at my chart please and tell me what you see? According to your theory I am not very attractive at all. :crying:

Well, as you can see below, you have chosen to cast your chart with the actual star positions of the zodiac. If we look at the tropical zodiac, however, you will see that your ascendant is in Scorpio. Mars, as the ruler of your chart, is in Taurus and approximately 9º away from Venus, which is in Aries. This is too wide an orb to make it a valid conjunction, but because both Venus and Mars mutual receive each other, and because they are in the same declination, they operate as if they were conjunct in latitude.

This explains why you have a strong physical affinity to the symmetrical forces of Venus. In other words, you are very pretty.

picture.php

The Ram

Oh, didn't notice that. Yeah I'd repost your chart in tropical. The sidereal chart is moreso for the vedic branch of astrology.

cocoloco

Actually your chart does fit his description.

Your Libra ascendant (one of the more attractive ascendants) quincunxes your Pisces venus (exalted) in the 5th house of sex and pleasure, 5 degree orb.

The Quincunx isn't as famous an aspect as a trine or square, but it's almost as powerful and when it's between 2 venus influenced signs (Libra, Pisces) and also between the appearance house (1st) and sex house (5th) it's a good bit more powerful than the average trine or square in reguards to appearance.

And looking at your pic, yes you are quite attractive.

Thank you for your input. I never looked at the 5th house as the house of Sex. I thought it was the house of children and Leo. How interesting! I read somewhere that it means one may have beautiful daughters when Venus is placed in the 5th house. Thank you for your input!

cocoloco

Well, as you can see below, you have chosen to cast your chart with the actual star positions of the zodiac. If we look at the tropical zodiac, however, you will see that your ascendant is in Scorpio. Mars, as the ruler of your chart, is in Taurus and approximately 9º away from Venus, which is in Aries. This is too wide an orb to make it a valid conjunction, but because both Venus and Mars mutual receive each other, and because they are in the same declination, they operate as if they were conjunct in latitude.

This explains why you have a strong physical affinity to the symmetrical forces of Venus. In other words, you are very pretty.

picture.php

Thank you for your input! I originally started off with tropical astrology but I found that the Scorpio ascendant did not match with my personality description much. I kept researching and stumbled upon Vedic astrology and that was when I found out I was a Libra ascendant in Vedic astrology! I read up on Libra ascendant and found the descriptions matched my personality much better! Not even that, but I even have the face dimples Libra ascendant tend to have (one on my left cheek, and one on my chin).

Have you heard of the asteroid Aphrodite? It is said to be associate with beauty too.
Here is a link:
http://revelationsofathenegoddess.w...15/beauty-and-the-goddess-asteroid-aphrodite/

I have that asteroid almost conjunct to my Leo midheaven. I have also been curious that the Midheaven can influence your appearance too. Have you got any information or insight on that?

The_Saturnian

Thank you for your input! I originally started off with tropical astrology but I found that the Scorpio ascendant did not match with my personality description much. I kept researching and stumbled upon Vedic astrology and that was when I found out I was a Libra ascendant in Vedic astrology! I read up on Libra ascendant and found the descriptions matched my personality much better! Not even that, but I even have the face dimples Libra ascendant tend to have (one on my left cheek, and one on my chin).

Have you heard of the asteroid Aphrodite? It is said to be associate with beauty too.
Here is a link:
http://revelationsofathenegoddess.w...15/beauty-and-the-goddess-asteroid-aphrodite/

I have that asteroid almost conjunct to my Leo midheaven. I have also been curious that the Midheaven can influence your appearance too. Have you got any information or insight on that?

What kind of career are you involved in? Is it a Venusian related career e.g. beauty, fashion, modelling or something like stage acting/drama etc. You have a lot of aspects to your Leo based Midheaven and as you say Aphrodite is almost conjunct your MC.

Gail

What kind of career are you involved in? Is it a Venusian related career e.g. beauty, fashion, modelling or something like stage acting/drama etc. You have a lot of aspects to your Leo based Midheaven and as you say Aphrodite is almost conjunct your MC.

What will happen if our aphrodite,Venus and North Node conjunct MC?Especially Venus and Aphrodite?

The_Saturnian

What will happen if our aphrodite,Venus and North Node conjunct MC?Especially Venus and Aphrodite?

Not too sure, but logic would tell me that the career that may interest the subject would be something along the lines of Venusian qualities. The NN's conjunction would be a karmic lesson to be learnt in relation to something to do with the person's ambitions/aspirations and career prospects.

cocoloco

Lol. I am in the medical field. I am a Registered Nurse on a Labor and Delivery floor. I am not totally happy in this field. I want to open my own business and be my own boss, but I am not sure for what yet! As for a Venusian related career, when I was younger I wanted to get into modeling (had the opportunity twice); but my parents were strict traditional Asian parents who told me to be A) Doctor B) Engineer C) Registered Nurse school so that I could find a practical job.

The_Saturnian

Lol. I am in the medical field. I am a Registered Nurse on a Labor and Delivery floor. I am not totally happy in this field. I want to open my own business and be my own boss, but I am not sure for what yet! As for a Venusian related career, when I was younger I wanted to get into modeling (had the opportunity twice); but my parents were strict traditional Asian parents who told me to be A) Doctor B) Engineer C) Registered Nurse school so that I could find a practical job.

Yeah, I here you about strict Asian parents. Mine were like that too until very recently they've laid off my case now. Since you have Leo connected to the Midheaven I can see why you want to be your own boss. Leo likes to be in an authoritative position and be able to "call the shots" so as to speak. What kind of business do you intend to start?

cocoloco

Yeah, I here you about strict Asian parents. Mine were like that too until very recently they've laid off my case now. Since you have Leo connected to the Midheaven I can see why you want to be your own boss. Leo likes to be in an authoritative position and be able to "call the shots" so as to speak. What kind of business do you intend to start?

Lol, you are right! I want to start a home health care business or an addiction rehabilitation center. I want to do something that will help a large population. I just feel like it is part of my destiny to help others, but I am still testing out the water at this point. What is your ethnic background? If you don't mind me asking! I am Vietnamese.

The_Saturnian

Lol, you are right! I want to start a home health care business or an addiction rehabilitation center. I want to do something that will help a large population. I just feel like it is part of my destiny to help others, but I am still testing out the water at this point. What is your ethnic background? If you don't mind me asking! I am Vietnamese.

That too makes sense. The MC falls at 0 degrees Leo, just on the border of Cancer & Leo. Cancer career wise is usually associated with the medical field, care etc. and with the added Leonine touch, could suggest an ownership/boss (Leo) of some sort of medical institution or centre (Cancer). You should definitely go for it! It will certainly be a great karmic deed to help the masses in pain. You sound very spiritual too. My ethic background is Indian. Pleased to meet you Miss Vietnam :lol:.

Last edited:

Carolus Optimus

I too have noticed the connection between Venus placed prominently in the chart and beauty. I own the charts of three beautiful women I know, in all of them Venus is placed in the First House.

Michelle Pfeiffer
michelle_pfeiffer-14292.jpg

Michelle's Venus is strong in the chart despite an aspect from Saturn, and it squares her ascendant. Saturn is not in a condition to harm Venus so as to weaken its influence on Pfeiffer.

In my opinion a Saturn-Venus contact can grant beauty but it will be the "cold and reserved, medieval gothic" type, a description I think fits Pfeiffer.

Venus and Pluto for the beautiful magical appeal, the mystery of the femme fatale beauty DNA.

Indeed. I have a female acquaintance with a Venus-Pluto conjunction in her First House. She attracts men like a powerful magnet who do for her everything she is asking for. She simply dominates them with her "magical appeal".

Ah I see. I had a suspicion that Mars may play a role because quite often many famous celebrities have their own personal trainers and thus help them acquire and maintain that Herculean look.

In my experience Mars in the First House gives a well-shaped body - usually as a result of rigorous training -, but not facial beauty. I know a lady who has Saturn conjunct Mars in her First House, without any Venusian involvement. In fact, her Venus is in Capricorn and does not receive any aspects. She is average in the terms of facial beauty, but has an extremely well-toned figure that makes her really attractive.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

In my opinion a Saturn-Venus contact can grant beauty but it will be the "cold and reserved, medieval gothic" type, a description I think fits Pfeiffer.....
Yet not without considerable assistance from an expert cosmetic surgeon's scalpel
- combined with many hours of attention to hair as well as to layers of make-up preparation -
plus a carefully contrived camera angle shot, posed during a lengthy photo shoot....
as evidenced by this 'before and after' picture of Pfeiffer
:smile:
michelle_pfieffer_before_after_20091008_1910091522.jpg

In my experience Mars in the First House gives a well-shaped body - usually as a result of rigorous training -, but not facial beauty. I know a lady who has Saturn conjunct Mars in her First House, without any Venusian involvement. In fact, her Venus is in Capricorn and does not receive any aspects. She is average in the terms of facial beauty, but has an extremely well-toned figure that makes her really attractive.
Usually? On the contrary
I also suspect Mars may play a role - BUT - that's because the first example of Physical Beauty posted is of Pamela Anderson - a Hollywood actress/star famous for the multiple cosmetic surgeries she has endured in order to attain the Hollywood ideal of Physical Beauty

Hollywood stars are notorious in fact for 'going under the knife' in order to further their careers by attaining the current fashionable ideal of Physical Beauty
- JMO Physical Beauty is judged by society, and since societies differ then ideal Physical Beauty is not 'set in stone' but instead is a variable ALMOST entirely dependent on the perception of cultural norms and values. I say 'almost' because there are many within any society who - as individuals - frequently differ from the status quo view of 'normal' and 'valuable' indicators of Physical Beauty.

Not everyone agrees that Physical Beauty consists entirely of strategically applied makeup to cover cosmetic surgery scars all combined with carefully chosen camera angles
Clearly, when discussing Hollywood stars - then to be realistic, Mars has other forms of 'sculpting the physical form' that are far removed from simply 'exercise'.

Another 'before and after' example
is Jessica Simpson's Nose Job :
jessica_simpson_nose_job_20091008_2059161681.jpg

poyi

Premium Member
I reckon Gemini, Virgo, strength of Mercury really help to keep a person looking young physically and mentally and stay active.

Saturn and Mars can help to keep you thin with strict disciplines, and exercise routines.

Beauty comes in many forms not just Venus, ascendant and ruler of ascendant alone. If the chart has many well dignified planets, this person will have natal benefits of being beautiful, or "HAVE" the resources to "Become" beautiful.

No one can stay hot and pretty if he or she had to work like a dog all day, poor diet, poor lifestyle, worries in life, have smoke/drink/drug taking habits cause believe me these give you nice winkles and spots on your skin, yellow teeth, fingers and nails, brittle hair etc.

Beauty is dignified planets in balance.

Carolus Optimus

Yet not without considerable assistance from an expert cosmetic surgeon's scalpel
- combined with many hours of attention to hair as well as to layers of make-up preparation -
plus a carefully contrived camera angle shot, posed during a lengthy photo shoot....

Expert cosmetic surgeon, many hours of preparation, carefully contrived camera shots, lengthy photo shoots...sounds very Saturnian to me - another manifestation of Saturn square Venus. Interesting.

But yes, even the best planet placements need to be boosted via a little outside help from time to time.:smile:

Usually? On the contrary

I beg to differ. Mars in the First House generally makes a person fond of sports and outdoor activities. There are exceptions of course, but even in those cases the body will be in good shape, as Mars rules the muscles. Venus in the First house - I "own" Venus, I am like Venus - I am pretty. Mars in the First - I am like Mars - I am muscular.

So even without any sporting activity such a placement gives a better than average body.

But I've seen cases of First House Mars related to heavy exercise. My primary example is my current Solar Return, with a First House Mars. At the start of the year I began exercising. I felt an urge to regurarly visit the gym. I enjoyed it a lot. I have changed my diet, dropped carbohydrate foodstuffs and started eating protein-rich meals. The results in the course of eight months: I have lost thirty pounds of weight and I am lean and muscular now. Visibly. People say the change is amazing. This is Mars in the First House.

Clearly, when discussing Hollywood stars - then to be realistic, Mars has other forms of 'sculpting the physical form' that are far removed from simply 'exercise'.

I agree. Mars also rules the surgeon's scalpel. Thank you for pointing out that for me.

Cypocryphy

michelle_pfieffer_before_after_20091008_1910091522.jpg

Usually? On the contrary

Another 'before and after' example
is Jessica Simpson's Nose Job :

Good points, JupiterAsc. Nonetheless, I think there is one obvious element being overlooked in all of this: Most, if not all, of these celebrities were beautiful before they had plastic surgery and probably even more so earlier in their career.

I have not looked at all but I did look at Pamela Anderson, and she had been recognized for her looks long before she used cosmetic surgery to enhance herself. She initially started as a model.

And regarding makeup, I will asume you do not have much, or any, experience in acting, modeling or theater. Although many do put on makeup to enhance his or her looks, a large reason for this is so that one's features are not whitewashed by strong lighting. When on stage, doing camera shoots, etc.; there is a need to strengthen the features with makeup so that the mouth, eyebrows and other features do not fade. This is more so with acting than modeling but this is a factor. The other is that makeup is used to enhance one's feature but it does not make one's features. People can notice beauty with or without makeup.

If I were to meet one of these women, I can assure you that I would not think her unattractive if she were not wearing lipstick and eyeliner. It is kind of funny addressing this point because it is so obvious. :lol:

Last edited:

Cypocryphy

Expert cosmetic surgeon, many hours of preparation, carefully contrived camera shots, lengthy photo shoots...sounds very Saturnian to me - another manifestation of Saturn square Venus. Interesting.

But yes, even the best planet placements need to be boosted via a little outside help from time to time.:smile:

I have found that Saturn can hurt Venus, depending on certain factors.

I beg to differ. Mars in the First House generally makes a person fond of sports and outdoor activities. There are exceptions of course, but even in those cases the body will be in good shape, as Mars rules the muscles. Venus in the First house - I "own" Venus, I am like Venus - I am pretty. Mars in the First - I am like Mars - I am muscular.

So even without any sporting activity such a placement gives a better than average body.

Mars will work in this manner, however; it can be hurt by Venus and the Lunar influence. Signs such as Pisces can affect it negatively, too. It can make a person prone to weight gain.

But I've seen cases of First House Mars related to heavy exercise. My primary example is my current Solar Return, with a First House Mars. At the start of the year I began exercising. I felt an urge to regurarly visit the gym. I enjoyed it a lot. I have changed my diet, dropped carbohydrate foodstuffs and started eating protein-rich meals. The results in the course of eight months: I have lost thirty pounds of weight and I am lean and muscular now. Visibly. People say the change is amazing. This is Mars in the First House.

Awesome!! :happy: Good for you. It feels good, huh? When I was twenty, I was put on a medication that caused massive weight gain. I eventually stopped the medication and lost 75lb. to 80lb. in approximately a little over a year. It took heaps of effort to get a six pack and look really fit, but it certainly can be done.

My Mars is angular in whole sign houses but not in the quadrant based house systems. It does aspect my ascendant, Sun and Venus, and still formidable by being in the ninth house. It makes me competitive, though it does have some other traits that are not so commendable. I have to tone it down sometimes. :lol:

Anyway, I digressed a little. The point is that I definitely agree that other planets contribute to the physical appearance in different ways—but none contribute to the physical appearance as does Venus. Venus is the quintessential element of the symmetrical forces.

Last edited:

Cypocryphy

I'm not sure if the image is clear. (Posting from my phone). A link to my chart is here:

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63234

Thanks for taking the time to assess my chart!

Yeah. Your Venus is conjunct your ascendant, which is a great situation. It does not look to be injured by Saturn, either. Saturn has the potential of preventing the positive Venusian forces from being represented by the native. But on a cursory look, you seem to be doing okay in this regard. You should be deemed physically attractive.