Your Library and your Astrology.

Moog

The 2nd house refers not only to material wealth, but also wealth in the form of knowledge.

I had not consciously noticed until now, but I've been experiencing a Rahu/Jupiter dasha period, and during this time I've accumulated books. Lots of books. In fact, I may have some kind of book buying addiction that needs an intervention.

Jupiter rules my 2nd house, and is fairly strong for being in the 10th house, Leo.

Most books purchased or finding their way to me during the last 2 years have been specifically Jovian in character. My interest in religion and spirituality boomed during this period, second only to my interest in astrology.

The fiction I have read has had qualities of mysticism, stuff like the work of Phil K. Dick... I felt a great urge to revisit VALIS recently, during Rahu/Jupiter/Rahu.

The books I've bought and read can be categorised fairly neatly into the following groups;

Astrology
Religion
Mysticism
Meditation
Classic Philosophy
Medicine

I'd be very interested if anyone else would like to share the nature of their own libraries and second houses. :smile:

I cee

....yes, jupiter is in my 2nd house I love books, I have many astrologicla books that have started, then had to go back:andy: having started another etc etc:andy:
Also love Paul Deveraux, ley lines, earth works etc

...not sure what that dasha is but trying to learn this too:whistling::biggrin::pouty:

Just not enough hours in the day! Lol

stainedBlue

Second house Libra in tropical, Virgo in sidereal.

Over the past five or so years I've mainly bought books on history, astrology, psychology, and metaphysics. More recently I've been acquiring books on mythology, counseling and still more of the aforementioned subjects. I've also noticed that my reading online has focused primarily on philosophical/religious matters this year, with quite a bit of astrology and alchemy not far behind. I find myself frequenting atheist forums, looking for (I guess) meaningful arguments for/against the various issues raised there.

My collection also has quite a few books on nutrition, programming, mathematics, herbal medicine, and surprisingly a few poetry and fiction books.

Moog

Second house Libra in tropical, Virgo in sidereal.

Over the past five or so years I've mainly bought books on history, astrology, psychology, and metaphysics. More recently I've been acquiring books on mythology, counseling and still more of the aforementioned subjects. I've also noticed that my reading online has focused primarily on philosophical/religious matters this year, with quite a bit of astrology and alchemy not far behind. I find myself frequenting atheist forums, looking for (I guess) meaningful arguments for/against the various issues raised there.

My collection also has quite a few books on nutrition, programming, mathematics, herbal medicine, and surprisingly a few poetry and fiction books.

Your Mercury is in Sag sidreally so there could be a Jup influence there. Kinda similar to mine.

I wonder if Medicine is thought of as a Jupiter or Mercury thing? Medicine is usually associated with Hermes, is it?

Moog

....yes, jupiter is in my 2nd house I love books, I have many astrologicla books that have started, then had to go back:andy: having started another etc etc:andy:

I tend to read a lot of books at once, and rarely finish one from start to finish.

I think since taking to the internet, it has fundamentally changed the way I want to access information.

...not sure what that dasha is but trying to learn this too:whistling::biggrin::pouty:

I'm putting together some material about how to use them, I'll let you know when it's done if you like?

waybread

Moog, I think you're right. If someone has a very airy chart, for example, she may not focus on material wealth, but on the wealth of ideas. This could especially happen if the person has a very ascetic personality.