Astrology Is Not A Belief

tikana

First of all i have a problem with word BELIEF in reference to astrology

You can believe in anything. To believe is an action in believing something that may not exist. Like you believe in god, is there a god? no one has proven one way or the other. Do you believe in alien life? so far there is nothing solid but people believe that there has to be. Let's hope that we will find a living bacteria in space anywhere. you dont say I believe in gravity. Gravity exists. You know it. If we didnt have gravity we would be in space freefloating. You say "i believe that this happened" Okay you didnt witness the event but you think it happened. If you witnessed something you woudl say "I saw this. this happened" Same thing with astrology. You know it works because you have tested it. you looked at it, you studied it. it is not an artificial thing. Every religion been born, modified, crashed, and was reborn into something else. Astrology expanded but never crashed or died or resurrected into something else. Astrology is like Mayan temples. One school built on top of the old one.

Astrology works. Logically, it makes no sense but if you think about it, it does. There was a big bang. Every particle of the our galaxy is in our nucleus. the disturbution of the particles differs. Particle from mars, venus, moon, jupiter, uranus, neptune, pluto, and etc. Certain articles of our bodies get heat up more by the sun on the day you are born. That is why we are reacting to transits individually. Look at your body content, every planet's element in our galaxy is in our bodies
Take a look at mercury's composition *for example*
31.7% Potassium - we have it
24.9% Sodium - we have that as well
9.5% Atomic Oxygen - yes got that
7.0% Argon - got that
5.9% Helium - got that too
5.6% Molecular Oxygen - got that
5.2% Nitrogen - got it
3.6% Carbon dioxide - got it
3.4% Water - got it
3.2% Hydrogen - got it

Astrology should not be looked from above but from cellular level. DNA and astrology should be analyzed and compiled together. Physisits are right, astrology makes no scientific sense. that is fine. The problem is astrology works. That is all matters. off topic,
2 days ago i read that it is a miracle that internet is still working. Internet has no structure. I forgot who but someone wants to scrap internet and start it from scratch. Astrology and internet are truly products of Uranus.

I have pretty much shut up everyone to whom i have explained my thoughts on a subject. After all i have merc dissassociated conj uranus, uranus conj sun, saturn square uranus.

Tik

Last edited:

2rainbows

Nice post Tikana,
All change begins and happens at the cellular level, and it cannot be out there if it is not in us first = Universal connectivity and wholeness.
2rainbows

franklin taylor

Hi Pixie,
No, Astrology is not a belief system, but you do have to have a measure of faith in it. Some people aren't even willing to try. It has been downtrodden in the Christian church, astrology attacks many people's belief system and who don't necessarily know any better. Others are just plain skeptical. Astrology is like the old Life Cereal advertisement. "Mikey" tried it and Mikey liked it, the other two kids did not try it. It takes a step in some liken to faith. I have found in my life anything truly worth believing in is also something worth a doubt or two also.
Take care
Franklin

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
I see no problem in the idea of believing in astrology. Just become something exists doesn't mean someone can or cannot choose to acknowledge it or be against it. People no longer worship the planets as embodiments of their gods as they did before, this is true. However, our very practice of astrology is testament to our faith in the system's ability to reveal truths and help us throughout our lives in a way that resembles religious faith in divine intervention and guidance.
We may no longer burn inscense to Mars, but that doesn't mean we don't ask his favor in electional charts.

flea

Pixie,

Astrology questions some real deep core beliefs in people that can cause a big amount of physical stress. Sometimes poeple know that they feel tense and uncomfortable but dont know why. This can often happen when an unconcious value or belief you hold is questioned, not just astrology.

Everyone deserves the kind of supportive safe place in which to form individual ideas and approaches to astrology if they so chose. Few are granted this space. But then many people would not have the time to give astrology enough time to evaluate this subject well enough to have a real opinion.

It is not our job to convince anyone of the value of astrology. When it is a subject that is dismissed out of hand without any real justification who is really in the weaker position. Those who have researched the subject or those who only have an opinion.

Out of interest Christianity has had over one thousand years of experience with astrology, which was only abandoned a few hundred years ago. Not all Christians now dismiss it, a great many still hold what could be described by some as a heretical belief.

Love & Light
Flea

tsquare

Most truth cannot be expressed from one person to another.
That is why self evident truth is the most important of all truths.
It is yours all others is hogwash.
I like Bobs signature, his Roger Waters Quote:
It is the mark of an educated mind to entertain a thought without accepting it.

I believe that the last two words added to that could be---as fact.
Tolerance is key, yet tolerance is a two way street otherwise you dont survive.
If there is a main flaw or plague in society it is enforcing the belief structures
of ones own on anothers. enforced agreement is the devil--the devil in this sence being wholely negative.
I believe Astrology should never be a religion, worshiped.
Unless you use the Tibetin definition of the word worship which is to seek the knowledge of or wisdom of.
Words have changed their meanings so much in the last few centuries that in order to convert truth into language you have to know the previous definition. Which is difficult in my **** American culture.
The greeks had 16 different deffinitions for the word love, we have one.
Thats sad, really.
Madison avenue at its finest.
Why wouldn't people only see astrology as a vague goomba belief if thats all they have been exposed too.
I understand it, that they just dont know. Yet they form opinions quickly.
Quick to judge, quick to assume, the pursuit of truth is usully quite hindered and frowned upon in society, by those who profit from lies, no matter how suttle.
It only bothers me when I come under attack, yet I often just have nothing usefull to say to them. there is no way you can make anybody believe anything unless they see for themselves, that is the definition of self evident truth and quite posibly a large part of self actualization.
Scoffers don't have the willingness to look themselves,nobody can make them. I supose thats in a sence freedom of choice.
It would be nice if they would allow the same.
Not alot of people cherish self actuallization or, truth in our quite materialistic american culture, they believe that by having things they can be things in general, thats a very large generalization, but turn on your TV.
or just look at how the majority live, or what styles of lives are being offered for sale to them, most people I know believe suffering to be normal.
That alone scares the hell out of me.:eek:
Yet I do my best to not be an "only one" which is stupid, yet it seems to be one step up from group opinion. Above that I supose is being aware of a future, actual. that you can create.

I fear astrology being turned directly into fatalism, I see it as tool towards self actualization, but thats all, a tool. But then again Im odd, I dont entirely believe I am a body as well. I beleive everyone to be much more then they are allowed to be. Imortal.
I think of imortality to be something like a quote I saw the other day on a vedic astrology page about peace.
there is no way to peace, peace is the way.

insert imortality for peace.
then again just to believe it is not self actualization.
you'd have to know for yourself.
========================
Untill then-Tsquare
Edit: Nobody has to believe what I believe.
Everyone is allowed to believe what they believe.
What I believe also changes as I grow(thank God).
I am not what I believe.
I am not the same forever.
forever is a very long time which may not be time at all.
So is Always and Never.

Last edited:

Natasha

Just pursue what you think is right for you and dont worry about trying to justify or convince the sceptics.
Every science has sceptics. Its their stuff not ours. Today there seems to be a certian type of person who feels the need to be anchored by hyper-rationalism or feel every question must be answered by science to be relevant. There is a fashion too (at least here in Oz) to adore what they call reality. It is actually negativeness, violence & ugliness they are talking about - you know the gritty movie which many critics seem to adore. I think it is something to do with the type of persons reactions to the world we live in eg bombarded with the worlds disasters thru our radio & TV & computer plus a malaise that we live in uncertian times.

If you feel you have found something which connects you to yourself & the universe namely astrology then feel good within that and do not worry about sceptics - a breed who have existed as long as 'man' has asked why.