The Astrologer's Degree

Niplan

Banned
"Castor promotes the intellect and endows success in study. Both stars are considered beneficial, but they can promote sickness, great upset and trouble when afflicted."

"But one visible without sight of its companion is unlucky: "they drown those ships on which they light, and threaten shipwrack, yea, and they set them on fire....""

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
Yes, but that's about like saying "Don't eat too much cake, it'll make you fat."

It has a much larger likelihood to be beneficial due to its color, brightness, and likened planet, and picking out two lines in an article that suggest some negative consequences of a star when certain conditions aren't met seems disingenuous at best.

RockFish

I have Juno at 29 Aquarius, that's all. The closer I get to the astrologer's degree. :crying:

I think my Uranus in Scorpio in 11th is a lot more likely to influence my interest in astrology............

BTW, the other day I went to a bookstore and bought an astrology book. The seller asked me, "where is your uranus". I said "11th house". He replied, "oh, of course, you WOULD love astrology"...... :sideways:

astropsychologist

I dont have any Uranus/ Mercury contact (unless you count midpoints). Yet Ive known that my vocation was going to be an astrologer since I was 15. I always put it down to Mercury in the 12th opposite Pluto in the 6th.

But I had never heard of the astrologers degree at 27 Leo before ....hmm.... take a look at my chart....I guess I was always destined to be an astrologer!!!

Attachments

• My Chart.jpg
    My Chart.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 41

Niplan

Banned
Yes, but that's about like saying "Don't eat too much cake, it'll make you fat."

It has a much larger likelihood to be beneficial due to its color, brightness, and likened planet, and picking out two lines in an article that suggest some negative consequences of a star when certain conditions aren't met seems disingenuous at best.

"That's not the benefic, protecting, wise, "cowboy" Castor that I'm familiar with. "

your post earler read as if you had not considered the negitive, i read it as that you were saying there was no negitive to the star.

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
Ah, I guess it was more of an overeaction to your post earlier discussing the shame, disgrace, and imprisonment that Castor supposedly brings.

It was sort of a "Say wha!?" moment.

I know Castor has an unfortunate side, but that seemed crazy bad. Heh.

tismerrymary

well, riddle me this batman.....i have an exact conjunction of mercury and pluto at 29 degrees of leo...flanked by venus in virgo at four degrees and on the other side...mars at twenty five degrees of leo for a lovely stellium in the ninth house. add my moon conjunct the MC at fourteen degrees of virgo. when i was a kid...i didn't care where my mama was going...i wanted to go...even if i had to sit in the car....my last car was an EXPLORER ....go figure love and light mary

katydid

Ah, I guess it was more of an overeaction to your post earlier discussing the shame, disgrace, and imprisonment that Castor supposedly brings.

It was sort of a "Say wha!?" moment.

I know Castor has an unfortunate side, but that seemed crazy bad. Heh.

I think you and Niplan are both right. And i have Uranus conjunct Castor @18cancer in the 3rd, trine mercury @ 18 scorpio conjunct the desc. I have read a lot abour Castor and pollux, and it is mostly good, but it can turn ugly. :unsure:

smilingsteph

:biggrin:
I think you and Niplan are both right. And i have Uranus conjunct Castor @18cancer in the 3rd, trine mercury @ 18 scorpio conjunct the desc. I have read a lot abour Castor and pollux, and it is mostly good, but it can turn ugly. :unsure:

Can someone tell me what Castor and Pollux has to do with this, I am curious. As a Gemini I know that they represent the "good twin" and the "bad twin"
How can you see this in the chart? I went to astro.com and there are no indicators for it.

Thanks in advance!

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
I think you and Niplan are both right. And i have Uranus conjunct Castor @18cancer in the 3rd, trine mercury @ 18 scorpio conjunct the desc. I have read a lot abour Castor and pollux, and it is mostly good, but it can turn ugly.

Well yes, I'm not in disagreement with Niplan about Castor's nature. I just overreacted a bit because I thought the wording of the quote he took was too strongly negative for Castor. Can Castor be bad, certainly, I'm just not sure I agree with some of the wording chosen, that's all. :)

smilingsteph said:
Can someone tell me what Castor and Pollux has to do with this, I am curious.

It came up because we were discussing the origins of degree influences...

smilingsteph

Well yes, I'm not in disagreement with Niplan about Castor's nature. I just overreacted a bit because I thought the wording of the quote he took was too strongly negative for Castor. Can Castor be bad, certainly, I'm just not sure I agree with some of the wording chosen, that's all. :)

It came up because we were discussing the origins of degree influences...

I understand that, but (this may sound stupid) but really how does it apply? Do you have a link or something. I really enjoy the origins of astrology itself and mythology. From what I have read about Castor I dont see the association, between making one an astrologer, and I am interested on how it applies.
Thanks

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
Castor doesn't apply to making someone an astrologer, it was just an example that Niplan had personally from his chart concerning degree influences and fixed stars.

smilingsteph

Castor doesn't apply to making someone an astrologer, it was just an example that Niplan had personally from his chart concerning degree influences and fixed stars.

Okey dokey! I sit there and analyze everything so much to death that I need answers now! Or else I sit there with a dazed look on my face, contemplating, analyzing the bits to death to come up with answers. Then I get to the point that all the small bits dont make any sense...so then I sit there with a constipated look in my face....

Needless to say I hope I look normal now, thanks for the answer!

MidnightxPoison

Let's see.. I've got Uranus 27°05' in Sagittarius.. that's it, I think. Not sure if this means anything though. I did come across an aspect or something about one of my houses indicating that I could be an astrologer (in this life) and that many astrologers have that aspect or something.

Dunyazade

Hello;

I'm new.

I'm obsessed with astrology but I feel I still need to learn alot. Sometimes I look at a birth chart or to its transits and everything sees so Clear - however I have dificulty in translating into words what I'm seeing.

My MC is at 27º Leo - ruled by my 9th house Leo Sun (not conjunct).

There are other elements that I associate with astrology: Uranus in the 11th, and, also, my 8th house Cancer Saturn - because it's conjunct my south node. Somehow I feel I've "known" astrology and Of astrology before - but now I need to make sense of it all over again.

I hope this is the right area to post this slightly related question. I am new to the forum (hello!)
I am intensely interested in becoming an astrologer professionally. I do understand that there is no necessary degree required, however that is exactly what I intend to do. My question is, what will the degree or certification be called? I have quickly looked at colleges and universities in my area (Dallas,Texas, United states) and have yet to find anything remotely close to astrology as a course our degree. If I am adamant on having such a professional education in this manner (I Am) will I be forced to endure the dreaded online schooling? :( any help at all is so greatly appreciated!! Thanks so much!

Humanitarian

Julie, you are spot on, we don't need to give in to causal thinking, to say x=y is binary and only computers are comfortable with that. There is no astrologer=x configuration, however, as we all know "the stars incline, they do not dictate."

So that aside, I have found an original source from Nicholas DeVore "The Encyclopedia of Astrology" (Philosophical Library 1947):

"Several works, symbolical, speculative and statistical, treat of influences presumed to repose in certain individual degrees. Maurice Wemyss in the four volumes of his "Wheel of Life" even introduces some hypothetical and as yet undiscovered planets to account for certain qualities and effects. It is probable that many of the qualities ascribed to individual degrees have to do with sensitive points created by Eclipses, major conjunctions, or a close conjunction in both longitude and latitude between a solar system body and a fixed star, which points are accented by the transit of another planet at a later date. For ready reference a list of such points is arranged in a zodiacal sequence..."

Thus:
of Virgo 11°....An astrological degree,
and of Leo 25°....Alcoholic (25°-26°);
then of Leo 27° ....astrology (25°-29°).
And of Aquarius 22°: Astrological area (22°-28°).

There is however, no mention of 11° Pisces in his listing though.

I think this clarifies the Aquarian connection and through Aquarius' rulership of Saturn and Uranus, the debate about those planets being configured in the inclination to astrology in general.
Jeremy.
(Astrologer/Drunk)[FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]
Aquarius 22° is the degree of my Jupiter, Chiron, and my Neptune is also in the 22-28° area, too! All are prominent in my chart, so I can be a good astrologer in the future! Woohoo! (The antiscion of my Selena White Moon is in 26°19' Leo, and I think in ordinal degrees, the antiscion is on Leo 27°, which is another indicator that I will become an astrologer).