Polarity

Woah! Thats a long article. Still I managed to get through it and it is very interesting. I can kind of see the polarity issue coming up. I think opposites can be quite alike.

Howl

Wow, Ray, very interesting! I have this little image of each of us trading our points and planets to those important others in our lives...you cautiously holding your Saturn in cupped hands and offering it to your partner to hold for a while, so that you can try and see what it is to be just a Pisces Sun, without the opposition (can you hold my Saturn, please? Take care with it!) :)

For me, a big one would be the Moon-Uranus opposition. At challenging times of my life, either I am being 5H Saggie Uranus (fiercely independent and directed towards my full self expression, also travelling) or I have traded Uranus in for my Moon, in which case other people can become Uranus (generally friends and lovers, or a painful combination of the two :() threatening my security with their darned unpredictable, unaccountable and inconsistent behaviour.

Allowing, or inviting, other people to help you play out your aspect roles is risky business eh? Yet we all love to do it! I am glad now that I at least have the conceptual tools to see it ;)

By the way, does anyone know what on earth this guy is doing??:58:

Last edited:

Emmy

I have learned so much from reading this entire thread!It was such a pleasure to read,and I'm also glad I learned of the polarity concept so early in my astro. study. So can anyone comment on what issues would be brought up by a Mercury-Uranus opposition (Mercury 9 degrees Aquarius in the 4th House and Uranus 9 degrees Leo in the 10th House) and a Venus-Uranus opposition (Venus 1 degree Aquarius in the 4th House). --Emmy