Rihanna's natal chart--now Aries rising

WeCareALot

I know Astrotheme isn't always reliable, but I've noticed that Rihanna's natal chart details have changed. Astrotheme now lists her as a Pisces Sun, Aries Moon, and Aries Ascendant. She used to have a Gemini ascendant.

Oddly enough, I do see the Aries ascendant working, particularly with her facial features. She has the large head/forehead characteristic of Aries and the telltale Aries glyph shape to her T-zone. I've also noticed that people with Aries or Mars-influenced 1st houses tend to have alien features. And often in the past, I've looked at Rihanna and thought, "Wow, she looks like a beautiful alien."

Aries rising puts Venus and her Moon in the 12th house but conjunct her Ascendant, and it puts Jupiter in Aries in her 1st house. All of these placements make sense to me: Rihanna is largely known for her beauty and the personality she projects through her music, especially the tough girl image. And she didn't really blow up until she started taking fashion risks--the bob cut, the red hair, etc.

Lastly, this may seem odd, but I see similarities between her face and Benedict Cumberbatch's who most people believe is a Virgo rising with Mars in the first house (Astrotheme lists Libra rising with Pluto and Uranus in the first house, which could work as well. Either way, they're both situations in which the first house is influenced by an aggressive, martian planet and Venus). He definitely looks like a beautiful alien--in a thread about his birth time, I mentioned that he looks like this :kissing: crossed with this :alien:. So I wonder if there is a pattern here where Venus + Mars influences in the 1st house create this kind of alien beauty that resonates with a lot of people.

Thoughts?

thelivingsky

I agree that the shape of her face is typical of many Arians and not typical of a Gemini. Mutable signs tend to have a long nose and face with eyes close set. Aries or Mars on the ascendant usually has a triangular face wide at the top with a narrow chin. Of course, planets on the Ascendant will have a strong influence on the facial appearance also.

Scorpio888

It's quite possible. Aries Rising entertainers often have a flaunt-it sex thing going on. But it's often an attempt to seem tawdrier than they really are, but it works publicly.

In fact, Aries Rising had been my first guess for that reason (not that it will turn out to be correct in the end). And it's also kind of 'the rock star' ascendant.

Last edited:

emily23

Aries rising seems fine to me here

Thng is she could be ANY rising sign and we would all find something in it to say, oh yes, that fits because of x, y, z

:D

Bunraku

Thng is she could be ANY rising sign and we would all find something in it to say, oh yes, that fits because of x, y, z

That is one of the reasonings of those who are anti-astrology use to dismiss Astrology, and pretty much the reason why Sun-sign astrology is looked down upon here.

emily23

That is one of the reasonings of those who are anti-astrology use to dismiss Astrology, and pretty much the reason why Sun-sign astrology is looked down upon here.

Well its my reasoning too (especially as regards trying to guess rising signs) but I dont either dismiss astrology or am against it, Ive been interested in it from age 12, I did a begnners course with mayo school of astrology and then an advanced course with the astrological association but didnt take the exam for personal circumstances. I do though have a growing scepticism for much in the subject, but no more than anything else in life

Scorpio888

Of course that goes on. Most discussion threads have some element of that, and sometimes it's valid.

But Rising Sign tends to be very physical and attitudinal.

emily23

Of course that goes on. Most discussion threads have some element of that, and sometimes it's valid.

But Rising Sign tends to be very physical and attitudinal.

But what is to say she ISNT a capricorn rising? they like Aries have angular features e.g., I get your point but have difficulty with it nonetheless

Scorpio888

I think they're right about the Aries Rising. (The Gem Rising was just based on a default noon setting).

Aries Rising tends towards a sex image thing, often burlesqued a bit. And even more true when paired with an Aries Moon (which she has) kind of like Jared Leto.

It's a weird blend of sensitivity and a slightly-affected ribald.

And, let's face it, Rihanna leans towards a Steve Nicksonian vocalization, doesn't she?

keywine89

I know Astrotheme isn't always reliable, but I've noticed that Rihanna's natal chart details have changed. Astrotheme now lists her as a Pisces Sun, Aries Moon, and Aries Ascendant. She used to have a Gemini ascendant.

Oddly enough, I do see the Aries ascendant working, particularly with her facial features. She has the large head/forehead characteristic of Aries and the telltale Aries glyph shape to her T-zone. I've also noticed that people with Aries or Mars-influenced 1st houses tend to have alien features. And often in the past, I've looked at Rihanna and thought, "Wow, she looks like a beautiful alien."

Aries rising puts Venus and her Moon in the 12th house but conjunct her Ascendant, and it puts Jupiter in Aries in her 1st house. All of these placements make sense to me: Rihanna is largely known for her beauty and the personality she projects through her music, especially the tough girl image. And she didn't really blow up until she started taking fashion risks--the bob cut, the red hair, etc.

Lastly, this may seem odd, but I see similarities between her face and Benedict Cumberbatch's who most people believe is a Virgo rising with Mars in the first house (Astrotheme lists Libra rising with Pluto and Uranus in the first house, which could work as well. Either way, they're both situations in which the first house is influenced by an aggressive, martian planet and Venus). He definitely looks like a beautiful alien--in a thread about his birth time, I mentioned that he looks like this :kissing: crossed with this :alien:. So I wonder if there is a pattern here where Venus + Mars influences in the 1st house create this kind of alien beauty that resonates with a lot of people.

Thoughts?

She's most definitely an air rising! She has an emotionless face. Which most air risings give off.

DeLaSoul

She already has a luminary and personal planet in aries, you could just be confusing this influence as the rising sign.

Anyways, I always used to think she was either cancer, aries, or gemini rising

katydid

It is the same way with any other profession or discipline. Go to a medical forum or an engineering board. People will disagree about diagnosis data and disagree about what various tests mean etc etc. It is the same all over.