Will I get the job? Will it worth it?

MidnightDevil

heya!

Starting new year like almost every year! changing :D

Starting with my job, im tired of what I do, the enviromnent sucks, I used to like it, but now I hate it. Work conditions changed to a level which is not compatible to my life and myself.

I went to a interview today, which I guess it went very good, made a small test which I guess it went fine!

Now, what Id like to know.

Will I have the job?
Will I like the new job?

I could print the charts here for better acessibility, but I know someome people who dont want images scrolling all over the screen :p

I asked this question (if solution is going through horary) at 8.25 PM Feb. 23 2006 at Cascais / Portugal.

My birth data if needed, is 2nd march 83 at 9.15 AM Cascais / Portugal

Many thank's in advanced! And please do let me know what to expect.

Draco

Hi Devil,

I'll have a go at this for you.

Firstly may I say that I will be using Frawley's method of interpreting your query, that is to say I will be using the time and location at which i received and understood your question for producing the horary, rather than the time and place at which you thought of the question. When I have interpreted charts previously using this method, I have found them to be more significant. Apparently you only use the time/place the question was first thought when you are interpreting a chart for your self, or for a person sat with you at that time.

Here's what Frawley says upon this matter:

The time/place for which the chart is set is that of the astrologer. In the past, astrologer and querent were usually in the same room; today they are often continents apart. As we take the time at which the question is understood, so we must take the place at which the question is understood: the location of the astrologer. According to traditional philosophy the question does not really exist until it reaches the ear (or eyes) of one who can answer it. Until then it is a no-thing.

I hope you don't mind me experimenting with this new method in order to answer your inquiry. :wink:

I received your question and decided to answer it @ 16:04 in the town of Blackpool, England, UK.

Here is the chart: (which I make small enough not to be a nuisance by constantly having to scroll left and right across the screen in order to be able to read the posts (that is so annoying))

Your significator is the Sun as Leo rises. The Sun is peregrine in Leo, meaning that you have no power to act, which is descriptive, as you have had the interview and all you can do now is wait.

The significator of the job is Venus as the MC is in Taurus, and the Moon, your co-significator is applying a conjunction to Venus, this is your application to become one with the job, however, the Moon is in detriment and Venus in it's own terms - you may have had a good interview but you do not meet the requirements sought after for this position.

I feel that despite this you have every confidence that you will get the job, the Moon translates light from Jupiter in it's own terms to Venus which is also in it's own terms. Perhaps this indicates a wealth of past experience, and certainly a confident and positive attitude, but this will not get you the job, as the Moon is detrimented, somehow you do not have what they are looking for. As the Moon translates to the job from an expansive Jupiter in the 3rd, you may have had rather too much to say, and I wonder if you in fact too over confident in your interview.

To get this job would mean a great deal to you, because the Moon, being in Capricorn is exalting Mars, and Mars is the co-significator of the job by it's placement in the 10th house. Neither Mars nor Venus however mutually recieve either of you luminary significator's, and Venus is in the sign of Moon's detriment. You adore the job but the job (or the interviewer) very much dislikes you. Not that this is personal, it is as if they seek someone very particular and you do not match their vision of whom they seek. Lack of strong reception shows that there is little inclination to be made one with the job. There is an aspect between your solar significator and the co-significator of the job Mars, however this is a square, and the Sun has already passed this aspect. It was already decided that you were not right for the position. This is a shame because the Moon exalting Mars shows how very much you would love that facet of the job that it was decided that you was not right for.

It interests me that Venus (the job) is conjunct fixed star Peacock, which would say something about the nature of this job. Has this job got something to do with vanity, beauty, appearances, attractions and a love of display? There is almost something dramatic and expressive about the job, these qualities are emphasised by this stars conjunction with Venus. The job is described as somehow artistic, showy and performance orientated, particularly so as this is in the 5th house. I would be very interested to find out what type of job this was that you were going for. Appearances and impressions are very important to the job.

The Sun, your proper significator is conjunct fixed star Deneb Adige (Deneb = he judges, Adige = flying swiftly), this would have something to say about snap decisions, and I would be wary of the notion that you have this job in the bag, the interviewer made a decision quickly, however well your interview seemed to go. Deneb Adige is also associated with travel across water, which causes me to wonder whether there would be prospects of travel with the position you are hoping to attain, if so, the Sun's peregrine position takes you nowhere fast. Deneb is the swans tail and has the meaning of 'hindmost'. This is not a good indication for success in your application. None the less it is not all bad, because Deneb carries the meaning of 'an ingenious and clever intellect that is quick at learning'. (Robson) So I don't feel you will not get the job because you do not have what it takes, but because they are seeking a very specific applicant and you did not meet the special requirements.

I would apply for another job of a very similar type and see how you fare then, because it is not shown that you do not have what it takes, you do, you're just not right for this particular job on this occassion.

I do however, hope that I am completely wrong and that you do get the job. :) It just doesn't look good for this occassion, but it does suggest you have what it takes.

Please feel free to ask any questions and give me any feedback on how things go. This helps me to learn.

Cheers,

Draco. :wink:

MidnightDevil

First of all, thank's for your patience and long interpretation which I've read carefully.

Im currently as supervisor in a technical support to computing and internet. I used to be very interested in helping, however they changed the conditions and I feel like supervisor is not the best option in my life since it takes all the time, it envolves night shifts and I can't afford that because I am doing also driving lessons after work! Besides those adverse conditions, there's also no good money from it! and also some incompatibility by the way my bosses thinks! lol.

So, I want to act, and get out of that enviromnent ASAP! I can't stand it much longer. So I went for this interview on Thursday!

It's for unix operator, its something which I really love to learn and work on it! It also envolves shifts but I explained them my current situation and they agreed with it (1 month is all I need). So, I did a unix test which I guess most questions right (they also said it wasnt totally dependent on it,. but however, Im sure of most questions I answered were right)!

So im expective! If I dont get on it, how will it be in my current job? I dont think I'll handle it for longer, I need change!

Hope it clears some things up, and about the appearence, maybe I'll go for my second interview (there's a final client) with some neat classic clothing :p

Summery Joy

Draco,

I have two questions for you.

First: This Frawley's method seems interesting. But what happens when different astrologers get the question at different times? Take me for instance. I just saw MD's post and it's 1:09 in Cairo, Egypt. That's gotta produce a completely different chart. Does Frawley's method acknowledge all interpretations or just that of the first astrologer to get the question?

Second: You used the 10th house to signify the job MD is seeking. But he already has a job. Shouldn't we use the 10th house to signify the current job and turned 10th from the 10th to signify the new job?

Now that I've proof read my post it sounds like I'm criticizing your interpretation. I'm really not. These are genuine questions.

Awaiting your reply.

MidnightDevil,

Keep us updated on that job, will ya?

Nora

MidnightDevil

Of course I will! I will also wait for future methods! It's kinda right! I already have a job so that would signify 10H ? Also, what does the 5th applies for in terms of job?

Since Im not so familiar with horary, I've looked at my natal+transit chart, and there's a bunch of stuff going on there!
Also transiting chiron is looking for damage lol!

But I don't know whatelse to look at!

Draco

Hi Nora,

This Frawley's method seems interesting. But what happens when different astrologers get the question at different times?

I know what you mean, I have thought about this myself. Here is what Frawley says about asking the same question of more than one astrologer:

Nor is there any reason why someone should not ask the same question of more than one astrologer. Doctors can give second opinions; so can astrologers. Truth is a sturdy beast; it does not run away if more than one person looks at it. Each separate question on the same subject is like a cross-section of the same situation, as a zoologist might take cross-sections of a worm to put under a microscope. Different cross-sections, but still the same worm, so still the same answer. If fifty different or five-hundered people ask, 'Who will win the next election?', the cosmos, which is an infinately subtle mechanism, will find fifty or five-hundred different ways of showing the same answer. No matter how many people examine different stills from, 'Gone with the Wind', Rhett Butler always leaves at the end.

I understand what Frawley is saying here, but what if my chart for the place and time I received the question, and your chart for the time and place you received the question do not give the same answer in a different way?

It might be worth looking at the chart for the time and place that you received the question, and see whether or not it would confirm or refute what I had said. This would be a way of testing this out.

If our charts contradict one another, then perhaps it would be better to use the time and place from which the question was posed after all.

I see what you mean about the 10th from the 10th, symbolising moving from one job to another. Although, I'm not sure about this. I think the 10th from the 10th would show an employer (ruler (10) of workplace (10)), but I think 'the job' would always be the 10th. The question was not asked about the current job but the possibility of a new one. So the issue is simply 'the job' and would be the 10th house. In my chart, Venus represented 'the job' as ruler of the 10th, and the Moon applies a conjunction to Venus, showing how Devil is applying for the job.

Out of interest, if we were to ascribe the applied for job as the 10th from the 10th, then it's significator is Saturn Rx in the 12th. :? Saturn joys in the 12th, but only because it allows Saturn to express it's miserable and confining qualities to it's fullest extent. However, as the 10th from the 10th is the prospective employer, it might tell us something about the boss/interviewer of the new job.

I think it might be worth having a look at the chart for the time that you received the question, just out of interests, to see how it compares to mine. If the signals that it gives are totally contradictory then perhaps we should just look to the chart for when the question was asked after all.

Here is your chart:

Interestingly, in your chart, the Moon applies an aspect to the ruler of the 10th, showing how Devil applying for the job.

I'll let you interpret this and see how the chart compares to mine.

Devil,

You said you have applied for a job as a unix operator, I must admit I have no idea what this is, although I search the net and looked it up in Wikipedia, although it all sounds very technical and I'm still none the wiser as to what this is. :?

I am beginning to take an interest in the fixed stars when in conjunction to planets and cusps in horary charts, and when I saw that Venus, significator of the job was conjunct fixed star Peacock, then I did imagine that the job was somehow very much display orientated, such as advertising, web design or something arty or theatrical. Hmm, I wonder what Peacock is telling us about this job? What is the image of the company that you hope to be working for?

Draco :wink:

MidnightDevil

The image is no more than a "If you look professional you'll have a LOT more chances of keeping the job". Im sure of it. It's a bank, but the position I'm supposed to work on is server oriented. Based on server monitorization, maintenance, administration, very technical yes, a closer "soft" look of what im going to work on:

http://www.gigatrend.com/images/linux_sshot.gif

It's very funny to see everyone calling me "The Devil" btw :p

There's also outsourcing envolves, and so, there's a final client which Im supposed to go for the interview. (The one I went was the preliminary one). So the application goes from a place, to another, and that another, sends it to the final customer! It might envolve the 8 planets of the solar system! lol

There's also a friend includded, he was the one that recommended me for the job, but he doesnt have much power over the decisions! He got me the interview!

I can only wait now!

Summery Joy

OK. I’m game. Thanks for posting the chart :)

Since Cancer rises, MD is signified by the Moon at 15:34 Aquarius in the 8th house. The Moon is received by Saturn by sign and triplicity (it’s a diurnal chart). It’s is in the term of Jupiter and the face of Mars. The Moon is in the 8th house, a house co-signified by Scorpio and Saturn.

The Moon is in a fixed sign and a succeedant house. I don’t know how that could describe MD’s situation but there seems to be lack of change, stubbornness and long periods of time. Aquarius also may show technology. The 8th house may show debt or money/support from other people. It’s interesting that the Moon is received by the two natural malefics of the zodiac and happens to be in the house that is co-signified by one of them, but let’s not get into that until we’ve examined the rest of the placements. The Moon is also received by one benefic, but it’s a minor reception.

The Moon has no essential dignity and thus is peregrine. It has a medium accidental dignity by being in a succeedant house. I suppose this could mean that MD doesn’t have much power to do anything about the job interview since all he can do is wait for the result. The medium accidental dignity is probably showing the interview going well (MD made a good impression), but not well enough to secure the job.

The Moon applies to a square with Jupiter. If you like to consider modern significators, it applies to Neptune by a conjunction as well.

The 10th house, be it the current job or the job in general, is at Pisces. Before we go on, it’s important to note that the Moon is applying to both significators of that house, the traditional and the modern. Jupiter, the traditional significator and the one we will pay attention to, is at 18:48 Scorpio in the 5th house. Jupiter is received by Mars by sign, triplicity, and face (wow) and happens to be in its own term. It’s, however, in the sign of fall of the Moon.

Jupiter is also in a fixed sign and a succeedant house. It’s has one minor essential dignity which makes it slightly stronger than MD’s significator.

The square aspect and Jupiter being in the fall of the Moon show that which ever job is signified here is may not be very good for MD.

I cannot resist looking at the 10th from the 10th. Its cusp is in Capricorn making the significator Saturn Rx at 5:38 Leo. Now this is exactly like the 10th from the 10th in Dracos’ chart. Saturn is in the 2nd house though, which also makes it in a fixed sign and a succeedant house. But Saturn is essentially debilitated by being in retrograde motion and in its sign of detriment. It is received by the Sun by sign and triplicity and happens to be in its own term and face. Let’s not forget it receives the Moon. Saturn being in the 2nd house is in the house co-signified by Jupiter.

I’m inclined to see what the Sun and Mars represent in this chart since they receive two of the main significators. Mars rules the 5th house where Jupiter is. Mars and the Sun rules the 2nd house where Saturn is.

There’s translation of light from the Sun to Saturn via Mars. Mars and Saturn mutually apply to a sextile. The Moon is not involved in any of those aspects.

As if this is not enough information to work with, let’s throw in one more thing. Mars ruling the radical 5th means that it ruled the 11th house from the turned 10th (not the radical 10th).

OK. The way I see it, MD is not having the worst time in his job, but can do much better. The Moon applying to Jupiter as the ruler of the 10th house signifies his move towards finding new prospects in his career. The square may show that he will eventually get something new but with difficulty. The fixed signs and succeedant houses show medium-length periods of time. I think this means more than days but less than a year. Saturn Rx represents a new job or a new boss, not too separate issues here. That new boss/job is not in a very good condition and has no aspectual relationship with the Moon at all. I’m lead to think that although the interviewers like MD, they’re gonna go with someone else (probably a young male) who applied through a connection or an acquaintance (Mars sextile Saturn). However, MD will be able to find another job. It’ll take time and energy, but it will happen.

This is a no answer to MD’s original question, “Will I get this job? Will it be worth it?’. My Frawley chart says, “No, you won’t get it. And no, it’s even worth it”.

Alright. I got the same answer as Draco. Now let’s wait and see if we’re right about this.

Draco

Interesting analysis Nora,

In my chart, the Moon applies an aspect to the significator of the 10th - application for job, but it didn't look good.

In your chart, the Moon applies an aspect to the significator of the 10th - application for the job, but it didn't look good.

Also if we consider modern planets, then the Moon will bump into Neptune before it even gets chance to aspect Jupiter, which is already a harsh aspect anyway.

Am I correct in thinking that the Moon bumping into Neptune on it's way to perfect the square with Jupiter is an example of prohibition? (I get confused between prohibition and frustration, is prohibition when a slower planet inteferes with the aspect and frustration when it is a faster one?)

In any case I don't consider the outers, but it is interesting to observe.

The Moon is also peregrine in your chart and in an unfortunate house.

It has a medium accidental dignity by being in a succeedant house.

I would say that the Moon is subject to accidental debility, as houses 6, 8 and 12 are debilitating, particularly where there is no essential dignity to support the position. (angular houses give accidental dignity, other house are neutral).

I cannot resist looking at the 10th from the 10th. Its cusp is in Capricorn making the significator Saturn Rx at 5:38 Leo. Now this is exactly like the 10th from the 10th in Dracos’ chart.

This is interesting. I see 10th from the 10th, signifying the employer (ruler - 10, of job - 10) and the fact that Saturn retro. shows the employer in both our charts, I feel that the retrograde (going back) planet, would signify sticking with the old employer - and hence the current job.

I’m lead to think that although the interviewers like MD, they’re gonna go with someone else (probably a young male) who applied through a connection or an acquaintance (Mars sextile Saturn). However, MD will be able to find another job. It’ll take time and energy, but it will happen.

How interesting that we both draw the same conclusions from two seperate charts. Perhaps there is something in Frawley's method after all, and I will continue to use this method in other interpretations and you can help if you like so we can compare results.

I think if in the case that two charts should contradict one another, then we should go for the chart which would seem to bear the strongest testimny in terms of essential and accidental dibilities and recptions, while analysing the original question chart for supportive clues. In this chart however, we would seem to have drawn a satisfactory enough conclusion.

The fact we both draw the same answers from separate sets of symbolism would seem to be a strong testimony that MD will not get this job.

It is interesting how you add the extra information that the employers will go for another young man as the successful applicant. Mars is the ruler of the 5th cusp in your chart, containing Jupiter the job's significator, so this young guy already has the job in the bag. Mars also rules cusp 11, house of good fortune, and is the 2nd from the 10th - property of the job.

This would support my idea that the employers have already decided who it is that they would like in this position, even while the interviews were taking place.

MD,

Hopefully you don't mind us using you chart as a guinea-pig for our experimentations, it will be interesting to see what you think of our conclusions and how things actually turn out.

Draco :wink:

fensi88

There’s translation of light from the Sun to Saturn via Mars.
Sorehearted, I think this is not true. Translation planet must be fasties from all three.

Just to know, I cast the chart for Devil\s data and get early ASC (0 degree), so it is to early to know answer!

MidnightDevil

Well, Im supposed to have a meeting (a 2nd interview basicly) with the final client late this week. Far as I know it'll be on Thursday. Sun conjuct sun on that day :p wont that give me enough horse power? :D

No more news so far, but nothing is confirmed.

Summery Joy

fensi88 said:
Translation planet must be fasties from all three.
I cast the chart for Devil\s data and get early ASC (0 degree), so it is to early to know answer!

I don't understand what "fasties" mean. Do you mean faster?

So you did cast the original chart. I was trying to avoid that to give Frawly's method a chance. Maybe the early ASC you got means it's too early to get a new job? Oh well, I guess MD's second interview will tell us more about it.

Good luck, MD.

MidnightDevil

Well,

No one called me during the week, the second interview was supposed to be today, but neither my friend which was supposed to go as well, neither me, were contacted.

Im not loosing the hope because this sort of jobs that envolve outsourcing take a while to be planned. But mercury seems to be causing some damage! lol.

We'll see!

Draco

Hi all,

On Tues 28th Goca said:

Hm, late this week Me goes rx...maybe it will be postponed?

Then MD replied today, 2nd March:

No one called me during the week, the second interview was supposed to be today, but neither my friend which was supposed to go as well, neither me, were contacted.

Goca, you were right! ;)

MD:

Im not loosing the hope

Considering that both mine and Sorehearted's chart testified against you getting this job, then perhaps this is a sign that we were right, and you will not get the job, as described.

However, remain hopeful anyway, and I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Remember to keep us updated on what happens.

Draco ;)

Springup

I've a question on the Frawley's method but Pardon me if it sounds to ignorant.

Since it doesn't require the exact time, date and venue of the birth of the question.. does it mean the same chart can be used for different people with similar questions that are asked at a different venue, time and date? :roll: