Placement of Saturn in horary question

If saturn is on the ascendant or in the first house of a chart when a question is posed, does that generally indicate a negative outcome or a no answer to a question? IF saturn is in the house of the chart that governs the subject of a question is that usually indicative of a no answer? For example, if the question about getting a job and saturn is in the 10th that would mean the person would not get the job. Or would positive aspects overcome saturn?
Thanks. I am new so please do not be to hard on my question.:eek:

astro.teacher

The positivity or negativity is Saturn depends on his dignity. Saturn is very happy and therefore less malevolent in his House, Exaltation and Triplicity and therefore will reap less harm. He is unhappy when he is out of his dignity. If your asking about a career and you find Saturn in the 10th, you absolutely need to see if he is dignified in that position. Badly debilitated he can represent delays and problems to the final outcome but dignified he can represent a slow but progressive path towards the ultimate goal.

archergirl

Hi there,

Saturn's condition can also describe what you 'get' from the job; by this I mean, if Saturn has dignity by triplicity, domicile, etc. it may describe a very 'high powered' job, an executive position or a job with a lot of status, even enjoyment of sorts. If in detriment (as now, in Leo) it may not be a job the querent enjoys, or 'gets much' from either pay-wise or in terms of benefit.

For example, I did a job chart for myself back when Saturn was in Cancer (also detrimented), with Saturn as the significator for the job. I got the job very easily, but it was one of the hardest jobs I've ever had in terms of hours, energy, and emotion (Cancer), and it didn't pay me nearly enough to cover the amount of work I invested in the company.

I think many people will be very happy once Saturn moves into Virgo.:p

AG:)

Thank you archergirl and astro teacher for your replies. They both were EXTREMELY informative and helpful. I am so glad I found this forum. I have only posted twice. But the answer I got really have helped me grow in my ATTEMPTS at reading. Hopefully, one day I will be able to answer questions on here with some knowledge and accuracy.
Once again thanks!:p

ALST123

Help, I've just done a horary for a relationship and Saturn rx is placed in the first house. It is, however, exalted in Libra and so I'm wondering whether Saturn is infact "happy" as per post above, and will not wreak havoc on the matter in hand? It is relevant to the relationship as it rules H5 (traditional rulerships). So I'm wondering what all that means, really. If you take modern rulerships, then Uranus rules h5 (aquarius).

Thanks.

SagiCap

Help, I've just done a horary for a relationship and Saturn rx is placed in the first house. It is, however, exalted in Libra and so I'm wondering whether Saturn is infact "happy" as per post above, and will not wreak havoc on the matter in hand? It is relevant to the relationship as it rules H5 (traditional rulerships). So I'm wondering what all that means, really. If you take modern rulerships, then Uranus rules h5 (aquarius).

Thanks.

I'd like to know this too. Anyone?

Also - what if Sat Rx is right on the asc?

dr. farr

In the Ankara tradition, as also with Ibn Ezra, Al-Biruni and other early authors, Saturn in the ascending pivot (or any pivot for that matter) acts as a benefic if it has any (essential) dignity in that place; however, if debilitated in that place (or peregrine-which I myself don't believe in-but I am posting what the old time authors said) or retrograde, then it acts as a malefic. Now Saturn in Libra is in its exlatation sign, and in an angle (1st house) this would make it a benefic (unless it fell in a pitted degree in Libra, which would neutralize it) BUT it is also retrograde, which (for authors like Ibn Ezra and Al-Biruni) would cancel out its accidental dignity of being in an angle and also its esssential dignity of being in exaltation, and would render it a malefic (I think this goes a bit too far, that rx cancels out both accidental and essential dignity and reverses everything; however, an rxSaturn in the first house seems to mostly act as a disturbing influence in horary and event charts)

SagiCap

however, an rxSaturn in the first house seems to mostly act as a disturbing influence in horary and event charts)

Just revisiting this topic with another question, because I saw another chart with Sat. Rx right on the ASC, exact conjunct, in Libra.

My question is "how bad can it be" for a romantic chart? Is it disastrous or does it caution the Querent only? Thoughts?

Thanks.

dr. farr

Depends upon the other elements of the chart; also depends upon whether the rx Saturn is in a pit or in an elevated degree; also modified if the rxSaturn is in a bright or dark degree; but everything else being equal, rxSaturn in the ascendant is a warning ABOUT THE QUERENT (NOT the quesited!!), about something within the QUERENT, about something affecting the surroundings or motivations or circumstances OF THE QUERENT, or at least about the origination/beginnings of the romantic question: remember that first and foremost-and, I might add, in ALL horary traditions, standard, Vedic, Ankara, Modernist-the 1st house/ascending sign indicates THE QUERENT, and the origins of the question, the beginnings of the matter (NOT the endings of that matter)...

SagiCap

Depends upon the other elements of the chart; also depends upon whether the rx Saturn is in a pit or in an elevated degree; also modified if the rxSaturn is in a bright or dark degree; but everything else being equal, rxSaturn in the ascendant is a warning ABOUT THE QUERENT (NOT the quesited!!), about something within the QUERENT, about something affecting the surroundings or motivations or circumstances OF THE QUERENT, or at least about the origination/beginnings of the romantic question: remember that first and foremost-and, I might add, in ALL horary traditions, standard, Vedic, Ankara, Modernist-the 1st house/ascending sign indicates THE QUERENT, and the origins of the question, the beginnings of the matter (NOT the endings of that matter)...

I think this is great. I also think it's a pivotal way to think about Saturn Rx in 1st. It's descriptive of the Querent and colours the outlook or approach, not the outcome as many believe. Perhaps it's best to see what Saturn rules in the chart. Maybe this is what the caution is about? I'm going to check that chart now and report back. THANK YOU!

EDIT: It rules 4th and 5th. Hmmm. It's a love horary. Sat Rx trines Sun which rules 11th. I'll have to think about this one. My initial intuition tells me caution must be given to the the love/fun pleasure aspect with an eye on End of Matter/4th house in order to reach the 11th H of hopes/wishes/dreams. Almost like its saying, be careful what you wish for...you might get it and "don't take this lightly".

Last edited:

dr. farr

See what planet the 3rd triplicity ruler of the 4th house is, and its relations (if any) with Saturn; this will give more specific "end of the matter" indications...

SagiCap

See what planet the 3rd triplicity ruler of the 4th house is, and its relations (if any) with Saturn; this will give more specific "end of the matter" indications...

I guess this only works in whole houses? And, do you mean Dorthean Triplicity Rulers? If so, I did the chart and Capricorn is on the 4th house. The 3rd triplicity ruler is Mars. The Quesited is Mars of Aries. The 2nd house is Mars-ruled, Scorpio. Querent/Quesited are conjunct in fixed Taurus in 8th.

Last edited:

SagiCap

I guess this only works in whole houses? And, do you mean Dorthean Triplicity Rulers? If so, I did the chart and Capricorn is on the 4th house. The 3rd triplicity ruler is Mars. The Quesited is Mars of Aries. The 2nd house is Mars-ruled, Scorpio. Querent/Quesited are conjunct in fixed Taurus in 8th. POF is exact conjunct to her MC and it was worded as something like "will i get my goal with him" something like that. I'll ask to post.

dr. farr

No it also works with quadrant house systems; you take the 3rd triplicity ruler (either day or night, depending upon the time of the question) of whatever sign is on the "cusp" of that house; yes I do mean the Dorothean triplicity rulers; now relative to the Saturn influence on the end of the matter, what relationship exists between Mars (in your example chart) and Saturn? If there is no relationship it means that Saturn will not have a ramification on how the matter finally ends up (one way or the other); but if there is a relationship between Mars and Saturn, then what is it? Benefic or malefic?

NShane

I know this is an older thread but I have a similar chart!!

Saturn is in the 10th house in Capricorn. The first house is Mars and I see a Sqaure between it and Saturn. Does this seem like a yes?

Attachments

• Will I get this job? .pdf
    289.7 KB · Views: 50