Career in comedy/comedy writing?

Hi.

I've been drawn to comedy and comedians since I was a child. In my early teens, they were my idols and my companions despite my very lonely childhood. I never had a single A-lister, Hollywood-type idol, they were always the underdogs or the oddballs. I'd play improv games or play dubbing movies with my little sibling with impromptu dialogues all the time, and I even wrote a standup bit when I was 9 lol.

I currently have a career I'm not very sure about right now and a podcast that got somewhat famous out of the blue where my friends and I just goof around. However, I do have ambitions of working with comedy, either it's through writing, acting, or performing.

I've been writing and studying a lot and I'm halfway through finishing my first solid 5 minute-set for my very first open mic night, but idk, sometimes I think I'm just not funny enough.
Do you think this can be a fulfilling career for me?
Is it gonna fit my purpose?
Any advice?

Every input is appreciated, thank you!

0.jpg

May 19, 1996, 18h54 min (6:54pm)
Fortaleza (Ceará), Brazil (GMT -3)

aldebaran

About what you asked specifically, comedy career, I don't have enough knowlegde to read such specifity. All I can say is that being born in Ceara is quite auspicious for this - as you probably already know, you were born in the right place.

In my humble attempt to read, I see a person who sees the world as a very important place... Very important things all around. So, you are usually someone who takes things seriously because they are important, big... Nonetheless, you are also quite obstinated, and for this very importang thing to you, which is your career, you won't lack obstination, that's what I can say.

A great talent you have is for monitoring things, like "fiscalizing" things. Not sure how this helps with comedy, but that sures help in managing things, including managing your career.

You know how to extract the best value of challenges, and this in a very subtle, patient way.

You are all about your choices, things you have freedom to chose. You usually do turnings, deviations, like having an imediate and automatic response to things, and this is important to you.

You usually follow the rules. You don't like to do things that break the rules, your tatic is always to follow them.

Your mind is all about news, newspapers, facts, perhaps even gossips, and much of your intelectual creative power is related to this.
For writing, creating in the comedy gender I guess this is very good.

You write in English very well, supposing it's not your first language, it does show by itself talent for writing/creative activities.

Hi! Thank you so much for putting your time into reading my chart. This is a very unique read and I see your beautiful soul and effort through it. I really appreciate your time and attention.

I assume you read about my inclination to play by the rules from my 6th house. There is, in fact, a lot going on in there. Apparently, Mars approaching Mercury retrograde and the Sun in 6th makes a lot of stuff harder in my life and mind. Sun opposing Pluto brings a lot of challenges but also a grim sense of humor, I guess. I just don't know how to translate it to my career, especially when it comes to predictions. Maybe I'm afraid to learn I'll fail... It would be a big bummer.

I'll talk to a professional astrologer this week and promise to keep you updated. He used hourly astrology to find out about my career in comedy and he said it has a lot of potential, with great things possibly coming in no less than 4 weeks or 4 months. He's going to send me my full natal reading in a few days and I'm really hopeful.

Thanks again and I hope you're taking care of yourself!

PS: Thanks for the compliments on my English. Yours is great too! By the way, glad to see you're a lusophone as well! I assume you're also Brazilian since you know about Ceará and its solid comedy scene. Great place. I miss my hometown all the time.

Last edited:
Whats your opinion on engineering? My friend's chart looks almost exactly like yours, and he's one.

Hi! Thank you for your input! I don't think it would fit me at all, I never really liked math and physics. I wouldn't even say I'm as detail-oriented as my chart says I am, which is kind of a bummer because every superficial reading (like checking out the MC) points to a career that depends on dexterity and that's really not my cup of tea.

aldebaran

I assume you read about my inclination to play by the rules from my 6th house.

Not actually, it was just by your Mars in Bharani Nakshatra.
I interpret Mars as "how we use force", which is pretty much the same as "which is our tatics", I mean, our tatics are the way we chose to use force. In your case, it would be very rule-oriented.
Rules can be funny, like in Kafka, for example.

There is, in fact, a lot going on in there. Apparently, Mars approaching Mercury retrograde and the Sun in 6th makes a lot of stuff harder in my life and mind.
Under my interpretation I don't see this "approaching" as so relevant for your Natal Chart. It would be relevant for the period when this "approach" finally comes - in progressed chart.

What I mean is that when Mars, Mercury or Sun gets together (tight conjunctions) in a Progressed Chart, that will mean a lot for that period of your life. Specially the most used kind of Progressions (I forgot the name, I guess it's called Sun Progression or First Progressions) is very relevant.

Sun opposing Pluto brings a lot of challenges but also a grim sense of humor, I guess.
Pluto is Alchemy, it's a very interesting Planet and can bring about valuable things. The belief that it's the "Ruler of Scorpio" makes it being a bit feared in Modern astrology, besides the Greek myths were also a bit fearful about it. But read about Jamshid, for example, the Persian version of Pluto, and you'll see another perspective.

Your opposition is about 2'30 degrees, it might not be so relevant, except when a Progression makes it tighter.

I just don't know how to translate it to my career, especially when it comes to predictions. Maybe I'm afraid to learn I'll fail... It would be a big bummer.
I don't think anyone could know this... In fact, any career is made of lots of success and failures, and also... Sometimes you objectively had a great success but don't feel it, othertimes you had just a little success and feel it a lot, so, it's all very relative... You seem to be very anxious, but frankly, by what you wrote at first, I see that Comedy and Comedy writing already is and will be important to your life. It will bring things to you as it already does, that's for sure.

Great place. I miss my hometown all the time.
[/QUOTE]

I've never been to Fortaleza, but I'm sure it's a marvellous place!

Thank you for your kind cumpliments, my intuition is that your relation with writing and comedy is a great thing and will always be!