Moon in 8th House: Death

MSO

I know some of you have the Moon in 8th. How are your feelings toward death?

Personally, I've taken the philosophy "don't fear death, but don't look for it."

How does the sign your Moon is in affect your position towards death? Mine's in Pisces, and for me, death is as normal as eating in the morning. I find it very difficult to feel sad for the deceased. I do feel sorrow for the family and friends, however. But I think that's just the Pisces coming out :lol:

Strangely enough, I'm not a fan of gory movies that portray a lot of death. I'm also not into sick and sadistic things like torture or whatever else you'd think an 8th House planet would be interested in (in modern astrology).

Claire19

Personally, I've taken the philosophy "don't fear death, but don't look for it."

How does the sign your Moon is in affect your position towards death? Mine's in Pisces, and for me, death is as normal as eating in the morning. I find it very difficult to feel sad for the deceased. I do feel sorrow for the family and friends, however. But I think that's just the Pisces coming out :lol:

Strangely enough, I'm not a fan of gory movies that portray a lot of death. I'm also not into sick and sadistic things like torture or whatever else you'd think an 8th House planet would be interested in (in modern astrology).
As a strongly 8th house person I agree with you and dont fear passing over which is what death is and only the shedding of the physical body. Yes those left behind are the ones to grieve whilst the deceased is now at peace and healed....

Claire19

I loathe and abhor anything to do with cruelty, torture or horror.
I have an 8th house stellium.... My Pisces ascendant is way too sensitive.

Ruka_5

Banned

...No no no, that's a generalization. The eighth house is about heavy subject matter like death, sex and things that are taboo, sure - but it doesn't mean that it'll definitely manifest for everyone with eighth house placements as an interest in gory or violent movies. Some display an interest in that kind of thing - I do - but a lot don't.

And I've never ever read anything about the eighth house indicating an interest in torture either and I have absolutely no interest in it myself, nor did any other eighth-housers I've interacted with, and I've talked to more than a few. No offense or hostility meant towards you, it's just that I'm so sick of all the nonsense out there peddled around about people with certain house emphasis, or certain aspects, usually coming from people who have nothing in those houses and none of those placements and don't know anyone well who does so they absolutely cannot relate and don't have a real working knowledge of those energies. I wish they'd stick to what they do know and stop embarassing themselves by stereotyping and stigmatizing.

That aside, as far as the actual topic goes...I have the moon in the eighth and I've always innately understood that death is a part of life, that everything and everyone ends. I may not like it, in fact I hate it but I understand that it's a natural process.

Skillcoil

I've read a lot about the 8th house in modern astrology and never found a description which mentioned this.

mutableflame

I agree with the out-look on death. I've known about death since I was little, and it has always intrigued me (I suppose being an 8th House Stellium). Frequently asked questions about it to my religious parents, always searching for answers.

I too would say the worst part of it is the family and people left behind with a vacancy. I see the rest as a very natural process. Death=Transformation. At least to me.

Jesusistheway

a regular house system says I have pluto in the 9th but if I use the house system lilly used I have it on the cusp of the 9th and 8th house. So I interpret it to be both ways, I think that's where I get my fascination with the astrology and near death, etc. I can talk about topics that are too deep for people. I scared one girl away recently because she was tripping out on my topics of prophecies, I thought she was into it too, but come to find out it was weirding her out, I am mental so I figured it was ok but she's more sensitive so she couldn't handle it :( kinda sad I lost her for that stupid reason.

Anyway to the topic at hand. I have virgo in the 8th house all I know is I don't want to die young or before I have things to do and I don't want to die slowly. But then again that's selfish cause you should say your goodbyes before you die else people find it hard to cope. Also, I can read about death or see a loved one pass away like it didn't bother me which is really really weird. I was thinking of doing surgery for a living which may come to pass... if God wants me to do it or else I fail by free will and I'm supposed to do something else. So anyways the pluto thing sure makes me tough on it. I almost lost consciousness once and things were fading to white but I couldn't let my sister see me in that state so I regained it by sheer will. I would have let it played out if my sister wasn't there but I know she would have freaked out. Go to near-death.com if you want to know what's it like to actually die, tunnels, deceased, angels, etc. its all there.

cirrus1

Yeah, I have the moon and venus in the 8th house. I enjoy things I was involved with years ago related to animation/fine arts such as art/animated films that were unusual, unsettling, and 8th house subjects in general (things I found out about after the fact, didn't know why I was interested in this stuff when I was younger).

Would humor be involved with 8th house? People have told me I have a dark, unusual sense of humor mixed with sarcasm.

MSO

I've read a lot about the 8th house in modern astrology and never found a description which mentioned this.

Kind of a joke... I guess my Mercury isn't co-operating today :pinched:

Also a joke, by the way.

Also, I can read about death or see a loved one pass away like it didn't bother me which is really really weird.

Same here. When people die I'm just like *shrug* so? People think I'm heartless when it comes to that. But it's like.. do you want that person to live forever or something? Or do you just want to die first so you don't have to bear the pain of losing them? Which sounds selfish to me.

Go to near-death.com if you want to know what's it like to actually die, tunnels, deceased, angels, etc. its all there.

Yes! I love reading about NDEs. It's so fascinating what happens there. They paint these vivid pictures of this great spiritual realm waiting right outside. I guess that sort of vibes with me because I got Pisces in the 8th :biggrin:

Yeah, I have the moon and venus in the 8th house. I enjoy things I was involved with years ago related to animation/fine arts such as art/animated films that were unusual, unsettling, and 8th house subjects in general (things I found out about after the fact, didn't know why I was interested in this stuff when I was younger).

Would humor be involved with 8th house? People have told me I have a dark, unusual sense of humor mixed with sarcasm.

I enjoy the unusual too. I like anime, and I love nothing more than a real messed up mind-blower. I remember watching this one particular show that really hit me. This girl was cooking dinner for her mother, talking to her, doing things for her, etc. Turns out she was dead the whole time, nothing but a black corpse laying decaying with flies swarming around. The girl was insane, claiming she'd "make her better" soon enough. I was like woah!

I don't know if having an unusual sense of humor with sarcasm would fall under 8th House affairs. Seems more like a 3rd House endeavor.

AriScoPis87

It depends on the situation. For me if it's a family member, I take it hard. I usually don't crack till the day we bury the person, then I just end up crying. My body goes completely numb till that point.

Interesting. Who was the original person to say that, I'm curious...

Ahhh interesting... I've got in Scorpio.

Oh I can't stand a lot of that either. Movies like "Hostel" disturb me and it takes a lot to disturb me because of my Scorpio Moon (8th House). I'm very jaded and have seen a lot, so nothing fazes me. But that movie! The scene with the tendens of the back of the ankles getting sliced through almost literally made me sick in the movie theater! I'm still pissed years later for my friends convincing me to go see that lol

I do however enjoy a good flick with great plots and not a lot of blood shed. The original 'Scream' may have had some, but it was a very smart plot for horror. I also enjoy classics like "Dawn of the Dead" (1978) and "The Birds". Hitchcock, also a fellow Scorpio Moon, knows how to play on the mind and scare the heck out of you, even with out tons of gore. I love Romero a lot because his movies always have a purpose behind it. He always has a double meaning layered onto the original. 'Dawn of the Dead' was about how consumerism was taking over american culture, almost like people were convinced to be at the mall too much and live by those standards.

Last edited:

lime

I have Sun-Moon conjunction in Pisces H8.

I think it also reflects with enjoying working behind the scenes more than in the spotlight as they both sextile MC as well. But there are many other ways they play out too.

As the NDE's were mentioned, I too have gone through two near-death experiences. One when I was very young and one only few years ago, when transiting Uranus conjuncted both my Moon and Sun. I brought back the memories and am not afraid of death. Living is the hard part :joyful:

Last edited:

Ruka_5

Banned
My friend has his sun, mercury and saturn in his 8th hse and his favorite hobbies are all death related. He knows the death dates of many famous people, loves to tell you that he refuses to be buried and wants to be cremated, watches gory movies and only reads murder mysteries. My moon is in Leo in the 5th and it always amazes me how he can be soooo well prepared for the end, when there's still so much to do, in between!!

...Yeah, I watch stuff like that and tend to gravitate towards darker subject matter too. I think some eighth-housers gravitate toward stuff like that in a way, to try and understand the darker side of life and humanity. Which of course usually gets interpreted in the worst possible way by people who just don't understand it; usually as some kind of sick fetish or as some kind of creepy 'bloodlust', when, trust me, the people folks really need to worry about, probably appear to be all sunshine and puppies, and don't have a thing in Scorpio or the eighth house. :lol:

Most violent offenders (and serial killers) are Geminis.

AriScoPis87

My friend has his sun, mercury and saturn in his 8th hse and his favorite hobbies are all death related. He knows the death dates of many famous people, loves to tell you that he refuses to be buried and wants to be cremated, watches gory movies and only reads murder mysteries. My moon is in Leo in the 5th and it always amazes me how he can be soooo well prepared for the end, when there's still so much to do, in between!!

I know EXACTLY what your friend means by all this lol if he has a water based 8th house placements then this explains it.

Well when some, including myself, have strong 8th houses, we tend to just go with it's flow. Feeling it's energy and let it be apart of who we are. 8th house is about going deeper, especial in topics that most people wouldn't dare touch. Nothing of that is left untouched, especially topics on death.

I've always been fascinated with death, life after (not the religious sorts), and how the human body ticks. Which brought me over time to medical astrology (the nurse in me loves it!).

I want to say this person sounds like a Scorpio, but I'm questioning because of the Saturn in the 8th... I get the vibe he is Scorpio though.

AriScoPis87

I remember watching this one particular show that really hit me. This girl was cooking dinner for her mother, talking to her, doing things for her, etc. Turns out she was dead the whole time, nothing but a black corpse laying decaying with flies swarming around. The girl was insane, claiming she'd "make her better" soon enough. I was like woah!
That has got to be a character of the 12th house with Scorpio aspecting something with the moon at a hard angel or something.

I don't know if having an unusual sense of humor with sarcasm would fall under 8th House affairs. Seems more like a 3rd House endeavor.

I usually find Taurus or Scorpio based charts to be the ones that use sardonic humor more than others. This is because of the nature in which Taurus is and Scorpio is the 180 degree cousin of Taurus.

Geore Carlin is a Taurus for example. He does use sarcasm to explain a lot of things in his jokes.

SapSac

I too have my moon in the 8th house in pisces 14 degrees. I've spent a good part of today studying the 8th house in all of its dark glory.

My girlfriend's a pisces sun 6 degrees. If it's true that the 8th house is the house of death and in some cases sex, I feel that these definitions have had a profound impact on my relationship with her. On May 13,2010 we experienced the death of a friend of ours that has shaken the core of our friend group, but in many ways it has brought us together. We celebrated his birthday yesterday, he was a leo, I think I might dedicate sometime to doing his charts the next couple of days.

Jaded

Premium Member
My moon is 27 degrees Leo/8th. It squares my Mars which is 29 degrees Scorpio in the 11th.

I am completely against the harm or torture of any child animal or "victim".

With that said I am fascinated by anything paranormal, dark, or occult. I have a bit of a narsasistic side. Death terrifies and intrigues me at the same time. The unanswered questions regarding where we go and reincarnation are what I find myself reading on a lot.

TheIndianVenusian

My moon is in Taurus in the 8th house. Even I agree with the same philosophy! I've never been afraid of death. When I was 8 or 9, I remember telling my 7 year old friend that everyone she knew including me would one day die in a manner-of-fact type of way if you get what I mean! XD Of course her mom didn't like it but at that time, I never understood why she minded it so much.

But I don't want to die early before living my life fully. You know, achieving my goals, marrying the guy I love, create a great family and hopefully contribute something positive to the world!

NRodin

I know several people with Pisces in the 8th house, (not moon though) and I find them to be very mystified/slightly delusional by what it really means to be in a healthy, committed relationship. The 8th house is death, but it's also the resources of a partner, particularly the baggage that they do not want or may be unaware of. Pisces here tends to make someone see what they want to see in the depth of another person, and it shifts based on other chart aspects. You can find yourself being easily afraid of dark things and avoid looking at them if your chart is mostly fire and air perhaps, or if you have a lot of earth and water, you may plunge into painful truths more bravely than others, and find spiritual fulfillment in the release of someone else's deep feeling.

When it comes to death though, moon in the 8th house makes you more Scorpio like, so you have to become comfortable with death to move on in life in general. You regenerate your mind by expressing your feelings about death, and releasing fear surrounding the topic. I have a friend with moon in the 2nd house, Pisces in the 8th house, and he definitely avoids any topic of death and is more afraid of other peoples' baggage, as his moon opposes the 8th house. I have a Capricorn stellium in the 8th house so I am a disciplined learner of the topic of death, and I am fairly well read on occult studies.

it's a tough placement... as you may find comfort in talking about things that perturbs others, further alienating an already unique, slightly isolated mind.

sibylline

No Moon, but Pisces Sun and Venus in 8th. I don't think about death at all, really. I never related to the death-concerned descriptions of the 8th.

I know several people with Pisces in the 8th house, (not moon though) and I find them to be very mystified/slightly delusional by what it really means to be in a healthy, committed relationship.

What does it really mean to be in a healthy committed relationship, in your view?

rzgemini

It's not true at all for me. I fear death, I have a very hard time dealing with the loss of my love ones.

Scorpio moon conjunct pluto in 8th house