South Node transit and Pluto - your experience

SailorPluto911

I have a lot of things going on with my Nodes currently. The South Node is crossing my ascendant and also Pluto (with the NN obviously going over the descendant) and I would like to know how this might show up in my life as? For the past while, I have been feeling life is almost at a stalemate and very depressing/tiring.

I would also be interested in hearing others anyone experience of this because I heard it can bring about fated events e.g. I've read that the North Node going over the descendant may bring a meeting with a significant person, and the Nodes touching Pluto brings spiritual awakenings/revelations/fated events.

Attachments

• transit chart (2).jpg
    transit chart (2).jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 51

Osamenor

Staff member
The ascendant is one piece of the chart that tells us about our body, our personal vitality. The other point we look to for vitality is the sun. If either is being stressed or drained, that can contribute to loss of vitality. Life feeling depressing and tiring, as you put it.

South node transits have a draining effect. It's kind of like whatever the south node is touching is a faucet that leaks every time it's turned on. There's no getting water from that faucet without wasting some.

Neptune can also do that, in a way: it tends to wash away. You've had Neptune trining your Sun (and your Pluto, too, turning it into a grand trine) for a year or so, and now it's pretty exact. Trines are gentler than hard angle transits, and usually less noticeable--they're whatever in your life is going smoothly--but sometimes what a trine by transit does is make something bad happen easily and effortlessly. So, this Neptune/Sun trine could also be a contributing factor.

And then, there's whatever is making you tired and depressed, in real life. Are you overworking? Continuing to do things that no longer serve you? Not following your heart? Ultimately, depression is the result of not letting your light shine.

SailorPluto911

The ascendant is one piece of the chart that tells us about our body, our personal vitality. The other point we look to for vitality is the sun. If either is being stressed or drained, that can contribute to loss of vitality. Life feeling depressing and tiring, as you put it.

South node transits have a draining effect. It's kind of like whatever the south node is touching is a faucet that leaks every time it's turned on. There's no getting water from that faucet without wasting some.

Neptune can also do that, in a way: it tends to wash away. You've had Neptune trining your Sun (and your Pluto, too, turning it into a grand trine) for a year or so, and now it's pretty exact. Trines are gentler than hard angle transits, and usually less noticeable--they're whatever in your life is going smoothly--but sometimes what a trine by transit does is make something bad happen easily and effortlessly. So, this Neptune/Sun trine could also be a contributing factor.

And then, there's whatever is making you tired and depressed, in real life. Are you overworking? Continuing to do things that no longer serve you? Not following your heart? Ultimately, depression is the result of not letting your light shine.

Thank you for your reply! :)

I have not considered the trine much but I must say that I really dislike Neptune. I find it makes everything murky and elusive, overall a very dissolving energy. I know it can be great for artistic pursuits and things that are mystical in nature though, however I just don’t like its influence.

I am feeling this way because I am not feeling alive and satisfied. There is no excitement in my current life.
•I have graduated but so far have been struggling to find work.
• I have a part time job but its not dependable and I am looking for something steadier.
•I have no social life, I live very remotely at home and my friends are far away now that university is over.
•Would like to find romance but nothing happening here either.

To counteract this I try to practice gratitude, self love, learn something new, do creative hobbies. .. but I still feel down with the lack of progression. I realize that I am complaining about nothing and in actuality, my life is something that lots of people would love. I feel like I am a spectator and life is passing me by - and I’m torn because I probably have the power to change most of this.

Anyway, I would like to hear your experience of this transit? If you have undergone it that is. How was it for you?

Osamenor

Staff member
Everyone's had the south node cross everything in their chart by the time they're 19. So everyone age 19 or older has had those transits. But not necessarily concurrently. I don't have natal Pluto anywhere near my ascendant, so for me, those are entirely separate transits.

The only time Neptune's trined my Sun was when I was 6-7 years old. The south node was nowhere near my AC at that time. Nor my Pluto. I've never had the exact lineup of transits that you're having, and never will.

Our experiences wouldn't compare. What is comparable is intense transits: everyone gets those at times, multiple heavy hitters to various parts of their chart, but exactly what those transits are varies from person to person.

SailorPluto911

Everyone's had the south node cross everything in their chart by the time they're 19. So everyone age 19 or older has had those transits. But not necessarily concurrently. I don't have natal Pluto anywhere near my ascendant, so for me, those are entirely separate transits.

The only time Neptune's trined my Sun was when I was 6-7 years old. The south node was nowhere near my AC at that time. Nor my Pluto. I've never had the exact lineup of transits that you're having, and never will.

Our experiences wouldn't compare. What is comparable is intense transits: everyone gets those at times, multiple heavy hitters to various parts of their chart, but exactly what those transits are varies from person to person.

Yes, I was moreso asking because I didn’t know how old you are, to know if you’ve experienced a south node going over the AC transit or not yet.
Perhaps you misunderstood me, I was curious to hear your experience of that particular transit on it’s own, because I do know that no one will have the same chart as me (except for those small few born on the same day and at the same time).

I am wanting to hear about the other transits too (alone- not combined with other transits) but if you haven’t personal experience then obviously I don’t expect an answer on it. I am open to any interpretation of how they may play out though.

Osamenor

Staff member
You've personally experienced those transits. Wherever the nodes are now, they were in the same place 18.5 years ago. So, you can look back to that time in your life for comparison.

It will be different because you were a child then, and you're an adult now, entering your Saturn return time. But if there's a common theme, looking back brings it up.

SailorPluto911

You've personally experienced those transits. Wherever the nodes are now, they were in the same place 18.5 years ago. So, you can look back to that time in your life for comparison.

It will be different because you were a child then, and you're an adult now, entering your Saturn return time. But if there's a common theme, looking back brings it up.

I was 10, I cannot remember much exactly but nothing of significance stands out about that time to me. I had negative experiences as a child but not at that age. The experience of a childs world wont compare to an adults one. Circumstances, desires and possibilities were different.

I appreciate what you’re trying to say but asking others others to share their experiences helps one anticipate what they can expect/ be aware of possibilities, it can help to know others have undergone similar so they aren’t alone etc.

If you do not want to share any insights on it that’s fine, have a nice day

Osamenor

Staff member
I was 10, I cannot remember much exactly but nothing of significance stands out about that time to me. I had negative experiences as a child but not at that age. The experience of a childs world wont compare to an adults one. Circumstances, desires and possibilities were different.

I appreciate what you’re trying to say but asking others others to share their experiences helps one anticipate what they can expect/ be aware of possibilities, it can help to know others have undergone similar so they aren’t alone etc.

If you do not want to share any insights on it that’s fine, have a nice day
I have no specific memories of any of my south node to AC or Pluto transits. I'd have to do some work just to figure out when they were, which is a big ask just for a forum post. Those were not my most astrologically intense times, not by a long shot.

The closest experiences I have had to what you're describing correlated with Neptune in opposition to my Sun followed in short order by Pluto crossing my ascendant, and then, about 5-6 years later, with my second node return, which coincided with midlife Saturn square and Pluto squaring natal Pluto. That second spate of transits brought the most resolution to issues that arose with the previous one. Different transits, a few similar themes.

SailorPluto911

I have no specific memories of any of my south node to AC or Pluto transits. I'd have to do some work just to figure out when they were, which is a big ask just for a forum post. Those were not my most astrologically intense times, not by a long shot.

The closest experiences I have had to what you're describing correlated with Neptune in opposition to my Sun followed in short order by Pluto crossing my ascendant, and then, about 5-6 years later, with my second node return, which coincided with midlife Saturn square and Pluto squaring natal Pluto. That second spate of transits brought the most resolution to issues that arose with the previous one. Different transits, a few similar themes.

Thank you for your input Osamenor

passingthru

I have a lot of things going on with my Nodes currently. The South Node is crossing my ascendant and also Pluto (with the NN obviously going over the descendant) and I would like to know how this might show up in my life as? For the past while, I have been feeling life is almost at a stalemate and very depressing/tiring.

I would also be interested in hearing others anyone experience of this because I heard it can bring about fated events e.g. I've read that the North Node going over the descendant may bring a meeting with a significant person, and the Nodes touching Pluto brings spiritual awakenings/revelations/fated events.
How did it go for you, SailorPluto?

No doubt you've a lot to anticipate with your impending Saturn return, as well. Your Saturn lies between my late Aqua moon & 0 Pisces sun/Merc. My Saturn & south node lie near your Pluto...with Saturn square the sun/merc/moon in my chart. For me, the Neptune transit over those personal planets 2010-12 was the majorest. It dissolved my foundations. It was shocking and disorienting and inevitable change. I've been rebuilding since then. I'm amazed at the shape my life took since then...now approaching my Saturn square, to date myself. This nodal return for me (back to scorpio) has corresponded with something akin to a re-foundationing again. But more conscious, more from my own choosing. And undoubtedly what I am choosing is personal empowerment, releasing the toxic (which has, of course, meant confronting all that is), and stepping forward onto (for me) unbroken ground. Many old familial wounds have been healed, beautifully, but I also see that where I am headed is unrelatable for those closest to me. I'm being called to lead where I have never been, and never even heard of. It's like a hermit's journey, even in company. It's interesting. Exciting & more than a little unnerving. The south node crosses my early-scorp Pluto (also 12th) next year. I feel, like, there is a big remembering happening within me. Recalling and reclaiming my personal power and spiritual "knowing". Recognizing all I've outsourced. All that is dormant, waiting for me - only for me - and always was.

Did you note any prominent thematics with your own south node transits? I feel lucky to have run across your thread. I would love to hear.

SailorPluto911

How did it go for you, SailorPluto?

No doubt you've a lot to anticipate with your impending Saturn return, as well. Your Saturn lies between my late Aqua moon & 0 Pisces sun/Merc. My Saturn & south node lie near your Pluto...with Saturn square the sun/merc/moon in my chart. For me, the Neptune transit over those personal planets 2010-12 was the majorest. It dissolved my foundations. It was shocking and disorienting and inevitable change. I've been rebuilding since then. I'm amazed at the shape my life took since then...now approaching my Saturn square, to date myself. This nodal return for me (back to scorpio) has corresponded with something akin to a re-foundationing again. But more conscious, more from my own choosing. And undoubtedly what I am choosing is personal empowerment, releasing the toxic (which has, of course, meant confronting all that is), and stepping forward onto (for me) unbroken ground. Many old familial wounds have been healed, beautifully, but I also see that where I am headed is unrelatable for those closest to me. I'm being called to lead where I have never been, and never even heard of. It's like a hermit's journey, even in company. It's interesting. Exciting & more than a little unnerving. The south node crosses my early-scorp Pluto (also 12th) next year. I feel, like, there is a big remembering happening within me. Recalling and reclaiming my personal power and spiritual "knowing". Recognizing all I've outsourced. All that is dormant, waiting for me - only for me - and always was.

Did you note any prominent thematics with your own south node transits? I feel lucky to have run across your thread. I would love to hear.

Hello PassingThru, thanks for commenting on my post! Always nice to come across a post that is similar to what you will be experiencing

For me, as you can see from my post last year (and this is still ongoing), I have been feeling just incredible senses of being separate from others, losses of routine, friendships, losses of hope, detachment, disconnection, confusion, and sometimes a big emptiness and no fulfilment in anything! Just really lost and not knowing what way to turn or break through the fog. I suppose this is in line with 12th house themes anyway. I know this whole transit is a way of saying to go within and find that inner satisfaction, acknowledge what's working and what's not, ponder the deeper meanings of life and what brings me happiness.

It's been tough because although I am naturally an introvert -this isolation feels like too much. However most of the time I actually want to stay disconnected from my life because I am so unhappy. I have noticed that I am not really "present" most days, and prefer to zone out into tv shows etc and not face myself and the problems.
You may have seen from my most recent post how I have spoken about my mental health struggles and how I am now seeking therapy for them- I believe this is another influence of the transit. In ways I think it is a similar experience to what you speak about, of how you are "re-foundationing" again, releasing long held toxicity, healing. I hate when anything touches Pluto because for me it's sure to be a brutal, wide ride. When the south node crossed over my ascendant and Pluto last year, I felt suicidal for a short time. I'm not saying you or others will feel like this, that's just my notable experience of course, and obviously I have other things going on in my chart and everyone has different things happening.

It's interesting to hear about how things have been for you, and while I have no doubt it's been unpleasant and uncomfortable at times, it sounds like you are on a positive track. I am wishing you all the best on your journey and shaping a wonderful life. Your hermit's journey will be worth it

passingthru

You know, Love, so much of that emptiness you express with the external realm - or dissatisfaction with relationships, hobbies, etc is so identifiable for me. It can be so inundating, like drowning in nothing. And I can imagine the Neptune Sun opposition heightens that experience. Not to mention the Pluto Saturn square, with Saturn approaching conjunction with your natal Saturn. Myself, I have some very similar chart placements. My natal Saturn on the ascendant from the 12th squares my natal moon, mercury, & sun. And so those latter 3 are under Saturn's influence poignantly as it draws nearer to conjunction with each. With my Saturn square occurring among those conjunctions. I can identify from various points in my own timeline with the feelings you have expressed. I wish I would have had the courage you show in sharing your story. I believe you're on your own beautiful path, & with tutors like Pluto & Saturn, it can feel...deflating. But there is so much promise in mining them. They are ultimately power planets that will teach us to thrive against the odds. Like flowering weeds that burst up even between sidewalk cracks. I believe that image of "mining" can be very helpful with 12th house ownership. If Saturn - as that dense, heavy metal, ore energy - confronts the Plutonic push to transmute...well, that is the alchemical quest, no?
When I am feeling alienated/stifled by the outer world & at a loss for my own identity or how to cultivate it (and this is frequent & persistent throughout my life), I have learned only recently a trick that really helps me more consistently than anything else ever has. I picture the best friend/lover/support person I wish were there for me then. With whatever detail I'm inclined to add. Then, I be that being for myself. It took me so long to really feel the knowing that no matter what happens I will always have the very best friend I could ever dream up with me all the time. She knows my thoughts, dreams, failings, musings, longings. So, if we walk together or she is drawing me up a lovely bath or I'm making her dinner or we're going to a yoga class together or we're attending some new class on something foreign that piques my interest or I'm acquiring some small gift I know she will love or we're drawing up a journal of past traumas while we cry together and seek release...whatever...it helps me remember the love always available. It also helps me get to know myself. And sometimes that's great, or sometimes there are things I might want to change, but we share this intimacy & trust, knowing she will never betray or abandon me. It is a safe space to practice love. We live in a world that often portrays alone as lonely, and that simply does not have to be the case. Get to know that best friend. Love them with all you've got - priority #1. It will reverberate within you & create ripples.

SailorPluto911

You know, Love, so much of that emptiness you express with the external realm - or dissatisfaction with relationships, hobbies, etc is so identifiable for me. It can be so inundating, like drowning in nothing. And I can imagine the Neptune Sun opposition heightens that experience. Not to mention the Pluto Saturn square, with Saturn approaching conjunction with your natal Saturn. Myself, I have some very similar chart placements. My natal Saturn on the ascendant from the 12th squares my natal moon, mercury, & sun. And so those latter 3 are under Saturn's influence poignantly as it draws nearer to conjunction with each. With my Saturn square occurring among those conjunctions. I can identify from various points in my own timeline with the feelings you have expressed. I wish I would have had the courage you show in sharing your story. I believe you're on your own beautiful path, & with tutors like Pluto & Saturn, it can feel...deflating. But there is so much promise in mining them. They are ultimately power planets that will teach us to thrive against the odds. Like flowering weeds that burst up even between sidewalk cracks. I believe that image of "mining" can be very helpful with 12th house ownership. If Saturn - as that dense, heavy metal, ore energy - confronts the Plutonic push to transmute...well, that is the alchemical quest, no?
When I am feeling alienated/stifled by the outer world & at a loss for my own identity or how to cultivate it (and this is frequent & persistent throughout my life), I have learned only recently a trick that really helps me more consistently than anything else ever has. I picture the best friend/lover/support person I wish were there for me then. With whatever detail I'm inclined to add. Then, I be that being for myself. It took me so long to really feel the knowing that no matter what happens I will always have the very best friend I could ever dream up with me all the time. She knows my thoughts, dreams, failings, musings, longings. So, if we walk together or she is drawing me up a lovely bath or I'm making her dinner or we're going to a yoga class together or we're attending some new class on something foreign that piques my interest or I'm acquiring some small gift I know she will love or we're drawing up a journal of past traumas while we cry together and seek release...whatever...it helps me remember the love always available. It also helps me get to know myself. And sometimes that's great, or sometimes there are things I might want to change, but we share this intimacy & trust, knowing she will never betray or abandon me. It is a safe space to practice love. We live in a world that often portrays alone as lonely, and that simply does not have to be the case. Get to know that best friend. Love them with all you've got - priority #1. It will reverberate within you & create ripples.

PassingThru, you mention that you wish you had my courage in sharing your story - well I think you have already done exactly that in these posts. It's quite clear that you have great insight into your own chart, it's transits and how they apply in your life.
As for your advice, I get what you are saying - It is comforting to do that surely! I will have to try that out because it sounds lovely. It just feels difficult to muster up the motivation to do that for myself - but each day at a time, and I have all the time in the world to do this.

I also love your imagery used in describing Saturn and Pluto's influence, very nice indeed! Diamonds are forged under pressure. You have to enter the night to find the light x