Can you Explain my Mercury position and aspects?

Stephen

Mercury is in the 7th house ( near the cusp of the 8th) : Partnerships
Square
Pluto in the 10th : Status / occupation

You may have problems in partnership/relationships that have an inpact on your status/occupation

Mars is too big an orb to be square so only Pluto is square.

Your Ascendant is trine Sun/Mercury in Virgo and trine Saturn in Taurus:

you are probably strong in earthly desires and a good comunicator.

Pluto is in the sign ruled by Jupiter:

Jupiter is in the 3rd house of education/intelect and square Neptune in Aquarius in your first house :

So you may have problems with your creativity or having your imagination based creativity accepted.

Best Stephen

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
Your Mercury is combust--swallowed up by the sun. For you, it's kind of like Mercury and the sun were the same. Sun's placement is about what your ego needs most for its own growth. Mercury in there, and in a Mercury ruled sign, gives it a clear Mercury message. So when you focus on your Mercury, you're also focusing on your sun.

Mercury's purpose is communication. In Virgo, it's about communication in some tangible form: written work, the arts, service... anything you might do that reaches or serves others.

Sun in Virgo needs to develop by developing skill, and it needs to be a useful skill, although the definition of useful is very broad. The skills you develop might be the kind you could make a living on, or might be "just" a hobby. It might be something that directly serves others, like teaching or fixing things or writing software, or it might be something you do for yourself that just so happens to result in something enjoyable for others, too. If you write, maybe you're doing it for yourself, but if anyone reads what you wrote, it reaches them. If you like playing sports or learning martial arts, whoever you learn and practice with gets to sharpen their skills, too. For example.

In the eighth house, the skills you develop are likely to fit an eighth house theme. Maybe you manage shared resources (which could include money, but not necessarily). Maybe you cook for large numbers of people (food is a shared resource, and cooking a skill to develop). Maybe you write fiction--that taps into the collective unconscious, which is an eighth house indication, and it's extremely common for writers to have significant Virgo placements. Maybe you create horror movies--that would fit the edginess of the eighth house.

At your age, those things are much more likely to be what you're considering than what you do, and maybe you're considering something else altogether. Whatever you end up doing for a career probably will fit the Scorpio/eighth house theme in some way, not only because of your sun and Mercury, but also because your midheaven is in Scorpio, and sextile your sun/Mercury, too.

That's just for starters, and not even touching on the Mars and Pluto aspects. Both of those planets are square your sun/Mercury by sign, but only Pluto is within orb of an actual square. Pluto is even more strongly Scorpio/eighth house than Mars, IMO.

Stephen

Ha, your right, Mercury in the 8th. I guess it's some kind of renewal or change that is needed by the square.
The individuality is stronger than the intelect ( combust) just my reading of it of course.................

Cheers.

Stephen

Ha, your right, Mercury in the 8th. I guess it's some kind of renewal or change that is needed by the square.
The individuality is stronger than the intelect ( combust) just my reading of it of course.................

Cheers.
"Be as a small child learning to walk, if you fall get up and try again"

Osamenor

Staff member
[quote deleted by request - Moderator]

Everything in your chart affects everything else, and how it affects everything else is unique to you. There are lots of books and websites that will give you cookbook interpretations of individual pieces--what Saturn/Mercury trine means, what Pluto and Mars aspects mean, etc... but those are very general interpretations. Cookbook astrology doesn't really tell you anything about you, and once you get beyond two or three chart pieces, the cookbook explanations start to contradict each other, so it gets very confusing.

The best way to go, IMO, is to learn a good chart reading approach and then start putting the pieces together. I started with what I think is the best primer for that: The Inner Sky, by Steven Forrest. He doesn't use cookbook astrology, instead, he gives an overview of signs, houses, and planets and shows some ways to put it all together. The last chapter covers the Ptolemaic aspects--trine, sextile, square, opposition, and conjunction--and by the time you get that far, you have a good idea of how to put it together.

I started out trying to interpret my own chart that way, and as soon as I got to a point that I didn't know how to interpret, I joined this forum. Discussions on here helped me learn more.

Last edited by a moderator: