Will this relationship work out?

IcedWater

Will this relationship work? (Davison chart attached)

We've been having problems for the past one month. He briefly called it quits, but returned after a few weeks, and it's been an uneasy ride ever since. I like him a lot and would like to know what the prognosis for this relationship is. If it is not likely to work out, then I may as well suck it up and move on rather than hanging in there only to have my heart broken all over again.

Thanks for any and all help.

Last edited:

Vista

Re: Will this relationship work? (Davison chart attached)

We've been having problems for the past one month. He briefly called it quits, but returned after a few weeks, and it's been an uneasy ride ever since. I like him a lot and would like to know what the prognosis for this relationship is. If it is not likely to work out, then I may as well suck it up and move on rather than hanging in there only to have my heart broken all over again.

Thanks for any and all help.

You have Moon conjunct Sun which is very nice in synastry, however it's square Saturn in the 1st house. Ambivalence and coldness cold develop between you with one of you giving more in the relationship than the other.

IcedWater

You have Moon conjunct Sun which is very nice in synastry, however it's square Saturn in the 1st house. Ambivalence and coldness cold develop between you with one of you giving more in the relationship than the other.

Vista, thank you so much replying.

Yes, you are spot on. I'm way more invested in this relationship than he is. He was the one who initiated it (chased me relentlessly until I gave in), then when I was nice and hooked, he sat back and began to blow cold. We had a nasty argument one day and he disappeared for a while, only to reappear when I thought he was gone for good. He is very unpredictable and hence my plea for help with our chart.

Someone told me that composite Saturn in the 1st house is an indication of a long, serious but difficult relationship. My question is - is this accurate for our chart? Does this relationship look like it might last? Are there any other positives to this Davison chart?

Thanks again for your valuable input.

Vista

Vista, thank you so much replying.

Yes, you are spot on. I'm way more invested in this relationship than he is. He was the one who initiated it (chased me relentlessly until I gave in), then when I was nice and hooked, he sat back and began to blow cold. We had a nasty argument one day and he disappeared for a while, only to reappear when I thought he was gone for good. He is very unpredictable and hence my plea for help with our chart.

Someone told me that composite Saturn in the 1st house is an indication of a long, serious but difficult relationship. My question is - is this accurate for our chart? Does this relationship look like it might last? Are there any other positives to this Davison chart?

Thanks again for your valuable input.
Oh, it's a Davidson chart? This type of chart is not very popular and could move the planets possibly into other houses. Would you mind posting a composite chart(this is the midpoints of both your charts combined and more widely used) as well as both natal separately? Also, do you happen to know your boyfriends time of birth? I know they aren't always recorded in the UK. This of course would make a difference where the planets would be placed in the composite and Davidson chart. I suspect you or your boyfriend have cardinal planets or angles in your natal charts which are being challenged by the outer transiting planets Uranus and Pluto.

IcedWater

Oh, it's a Davidson chart? This type of chart is not very popular and could move the planets possibly into other houses. Would you mind posting a composite chart(this is the midpoints of both your charts combined and more widely used) as well as both natal separately? Also, do you happen to know your boyfriends time of birth? I know they aren't always recorded in the UK. This of course would make a difference where the planets would be placed in the composite and Davidson chart. I suspect you or your boyfriend have cardinal planets or angles in your natal charts which are being challenged by the outer transiting planets Uranus and Pluto.

I just responded but my reply disappeared.

He guesstimates his birth time to be 9:00 am (based on what his mother told him). Please do take a look at our composite chart and let me know what you think. I am incredibly worried about us and where we're going in this relationship. Knowing either way would help me tremendously - I cannot ride this roller coaster anymore.

Last edited:

Vista

I just responded but my reply disappeared.

He guesstimates his birth time to be 9:00 am (based on what his mother told him). Please do take a look at our composite chart and let me know what you think. I am incredibly worried about us and where we're going in this relationship. Knowing either way would help me tremendously - I cannot ride this roller coaster anymore.

Well, This changed just about everything. You have the 7th house ruler Mars conjunct Saturn showing endurance, however it's opposed to Neptune suggesting possible deception. Also, Venus squares Mars, Jupiter, and Saturn showing attraction and maybe generosity, but the Saturn square to Venus could be the reason why there isn't more equal balance in the relationship and why he is being colder to you, that is what Saturn does when it's in hard aspect with Sun, Moon, and Venus. Transiting Saturn will be opposing your 7th house cusp, which could vary a bit based on the unknown time of birth of your boyfriend. This could show a break in the relationship. But really, a composite is more for people who live together. I could tell much easier when or if you are going to break up with your natal charts. I don't know if transit necessarily affect composite charts in the same way that it does with natal charts. Even so, I am not sure you need astrology here. You clearly don't seem to be getting your emotional needs met here with this guy. Why waste with someone who isn't as invested? I wonder if there is a pattern there with him to like the chase but once he makes the kills he wants to move on. Again, it's better determined with the individual charts, however from what I can tell with the composite, there seems to be a lot of challenging aspects there. There are some nice planetary placements in angles but I am not sure it can overcome the other harsh aspects. Lastly, you have ever single planet in your composite but once aspected by Uranus. Granted they are beneficial, but even so there can be instability in the relationship, albeit I see why you are attracted.

IcedWater

Hi,

Maybe I spoke too much. I did not mean to influence your reading by giving you a lot of info. Maybe the best way to describe him would be 'MOODY'. When he's in the mood, I can see why I fell in love with him. When he's not in the mood, I just want to run as far away from him as I can.

I am attaching my natals here. I am the Capricorn ascendant and he's the Leo ascendant.

Thanks again so much for your interpretation.

Last edited:

Vista

Hi,

Maybe I spoke too much. I did not mean to influence your reading by giving you a lot of info. Maybe the best way to describe him would be 'MOODY'. When he's in the mood, I can see why I fell in love with him. He's also been having a challenging time at work but we're hanging in there. Give me 5 minutes, please, and I will post our natals.

No worries it wouldn't have changed my interpretation. Your own words are that you are way more invested in the relationship and he has blown cold. But of course it's your life. Maybe you could try being less available to him, maybe get busier doing things socially with friends, maybe ohter hobbies. But I will look at your charts and see what is going on.

IcedWater

No worries it wouldn't have changed my interpretation. Your own words are that you are way more invested in the relationship and he has blown cold. But of course it's your life. Maybe you could try being less available to him, maybe get busier doing things socially with friends, maybe ohter hobbies. But I will look at your charts and see what is going on.

Thanks, Vista.

I just edited my post with our natals. Please do take a look. Thank you so much for your time and help, again. Very gratefully accepted.

Vista

Thanks, Vista.

I just edited my post with our natals. Please do take a look. Thank you so much for your time and help, again. Very gratefully accepted.

Ok, I looked at both your charts and I can honestly say without any judgement based on your comments that he is truly the problem in your relationship. In terms of compatibility, you have a couple planets I believe it was Venus and one other that connects to his Sun, Mer, Mars, and Venus, but not a whole lot more. I will look again, but want to comment on him first. I can clearly see that in general, even though you have a Capricorn rising ASC, you are someone who in general is not prone to be overly emotional by nature with a Sag Moon. It seems that your parents were divorced which is indicated by Sun Square Moon or at the very least, they were disconnected with each other and might have stayed together for the kids sake. I am curious about Mars there in your 4th house. My first thought was that there was abuse from one of your parents or maybe they were very strict with you, possibly militant in nature. I believe this colors your relationships, although it's not badly aspects(Mars that is) so maybe it was ok. I am going to be honest with you, I am not crazy about this guy at all. He is a bully and probably has the ability to be very argumentative and cruel if he wants to, and I don't have any doubt that he has. He has Sun, Mercury, Venus, and Mars all square to Uranus and Pluto. I bet he has the ability to cut someone down to the core with his words. Martial Arts would or a very grueling contact sport like Rugby would be a great way to work with these energies in a positive way. He is also prone to depression with Moon conjunct Saturn. Remember what I said about "liking the chase?" He is absolutely someone that likes what they can't have. Trust me on this one. Not only does he have Uranus on the cusp of the 7th house of love and love and romance, it's in challenging aspect to all his personal planets. Since Pluto is involved, there are likely power struggle in his relationships to. In terms of liking what he can't have it can come in many forms, someone is married, living away, or simply not interested in him. This is what peeks his interest subconsciously and when he lands in a relationship, he will sabotage it because deep inside of his subconscious he will feel dissatisfaction and the grass is greener elsewhere.

As for what is happening now, you have a lot of challenging things going on...Transiting Saturn opposite Uranus, Transiting Uranus square Saturn, transiting Pluto opposing Pluto. These are generational transits, so you will have to look to the rulers of the house they are affecting as well as the planets and what house they are placed in. In a short while this year, you will have the first transit of Saturn squaring your 7th house angle or cusp. At the same time, it will oppose your boyfriends Moon Saturn conjunction. This could be a time where you break up or have more problems although the first transit(it happens two more times for a total of 3 times)is not as strong. The second time which i believe happens in the Spring will likely be much stronger with the final transit I believe late summer the last and sometimes strongest. I suspect your boyfriend will be more upset that you will be oddly enough since it affects his Moon and he has a Moon Saturn conjunction natally, which makes it more strongly felt when you have the same to planets aspect natally as well as transit wise.

I think you could find someone that you could have better synastry with, but I understand the physical attraction for sure.

My applogy, I just noticed I misread the degree of your ASC/DEC. Please disregard what I said about Transiting Saturn hitting your 7th house cusp, this has already passed quite a while ago. So with that said, i don't beleive you will break up quite yet, although what I said about his depression later this year still holds true. When Transiting Pluto moves over your ASC (the fist hit in about a years) you will go through quite a transformation personally.

Last edited:

IcedWater

Ok, I looked at both your charts and I can honestly say without any judgement based on your comments that he is truly the problem in your relationship. In terms of compatibility, you have a couple planets I believe it was Venus and one other that connects to his Sun, Mer, Mars, and Venus, but not a whole lot more. I will look again, but want to comment on him first. I can clearly see that in general, even though you have a Capricorn rising ASC, you are someone who in general is not prone to be overly emotional by nature with a Sag Moon. It seems that your parents were divorced which is indicated by Sun Square Moon or at the very least, they were disconnected with each other and might have stayed together for the kids sake. I am curious about Mars there in your 4th house. My first thought was that there was abuse from one of your parents or maybe they were very strict with you, possibly militant in nature. I believe this colors your relationships, although it's not badly aspects(Mars that is) so maybe it was ok. I am going to be honest with you, I am not crazy about this guy at all. He is a bully and probably has the ability to be very argumentative and cruel if he wants to, and I don't have any doubt that he has. He has Sun, Mercury, Venus, and Mars all square to Uranus and Pluto. I bet he has the ability to cut someone down to the core with his words. Martial Arts would or a very grueling contact sport like Rugby would be a great way to work with these energies in a positive way. He is also prone to depression with Moon conjunct Saturn. Remember what I said about "liking the chase?" He is absolutely someone that likes what they can't have. Trust me on this one. Not only does he have Uranus on the cusp of the 7th house of love and love and romance, it's in challenging aspect to all his personal planets. Since Pluto is involved, there are likely power struggle in his relationships to. In terms of liking what he can't have it can come in many forms, someone is married, living away, or simply not interested in him. This is what peeks his interest subconsciously and when he lands in a relationship, he will sabotage it because deep inside of his subconscious he will feel dissatisfaction and the grass is greener elsewhere.

As for what is happening now, you have a lot of challenging things going on...Transiting Saturn opposite Uranus, Transiting Uranus square Saturn, transiting Pluto opposing Pluto. These are generational transits, so you will have to look to the rulers of the house they are affecting as well as the planets and what house they are placed in. In a short while this year, you will have the first transit of Saturn squaring your 7th house angle or cusp. At the same time, it will oppose your boyfriends Moon Saturn conjunction. This could be a time where you break up or have more problems although the first transit(it happens two more times for a total of 3 times)is not as strong. The second time which i believe happens in the Spring will likely be much stronger with the final transit I believe late summer the last and sometimes strongest. I suspect your boyfriend will be more upset that you will be oddly enough since it affects his Moon and he has a Moon Saturn conjunction natally, which makes it more strongly felt when you have the same to planets aspect natally as well as transit wise.

I think you could find someone that you could have better synastry with, but I understand the physical attraction for sure.

My applogy, I just noticed I misread the degree of your ASC/DEC. Please disregard what I said about Transiting Saturn hitting your 7th house cusp, this has already passed quite a while ago. So with that said, i don't beleive you will break up quite yet, although what I said about his depression later this year still holds true. When Transiting Pluto moves over your ASC (the fist hit in about a years) you will go through quite a transformation personally.

WOW.

1. My parents were both abusive - physically, emotionally and verbally. The last time my so-called "father" tried to hit me was when I was 33 years old.

2. The guy is a criminal lawyer, so, yes, he's very argumentative and can be very, very, very cutting with his words when he wants to be. So far, though, he has never hurt me with his words. With me, he just "shuts down" emotionally and that bothers me a LOT since I am quite the talker.

3. He plays a lot of tennis and is physically very active, so most of his aggression is relieved in either "court"! (pun unintended).

4. When he is in the mood, though, he can be the sweetest, most loving man on the face of the Earth. I also know most of his moodiness stems from some inner emotional issues, over which he keeps a tight lid and is very secretive about, which is why I am as patient as I can be. Honestly, sometimes I feel like I'm his mother and am very protective about him. Breaking up with him will break my heart...and I am now worried about what you said about his depression. Will it deepen in the next year?

Also, by transformation, can you tell me what sort of transformation I could expect?

One last but the most important question - will we last? I know you said that we won't break up "just yet", so does that mean that we eventually will??? And, it's interesting that you said that it would affect him more than me! I always thought I love him much more intensely and much more fiercely than he does ... esp. since I am so very protective about him.

WOW, again. You were spot on with so many things!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Last edited:

Vista

I am sorry, i meant when I said that it would affect him more than you I was looking at the potential of your breaking up this year, but that was before I noticed I had the wrong angle degree for you. Looking at his transit of T Saturn to his Moon Saturn conjunction, it could be legal problem since it's placed in his 9th house of legal troubles, it could also have something to do with hidden matters since Moon rules his 12th and also his health, since Saturn rules his 6th house. Now Saturn rules the Knees, teeth, Skin, and Back so these areas could be problematic.

Wow, that's great that he is a trial Lawyer!! Such a perfect way to work with these energies!!! Well in that case, he has a great outlet so lets hope it stays in the "courtroom." What i was concerned about is your liking abusive men, not consciously but unconsciously because that is what you grew up with. We attract the same patterns in our relationships and your boyfriend being potentially abusive would fit right into this. Interesting that you are motherly to him considering he is a lawyer, but I guess everyone needs nurturing, including you! Don't let it become imbalanced. I guess you will have to give it more time to see if the potential abusiveness plays out in your relationships.

With breaking up, Transiting Uranus and Pluto will eventually square your ASC/DEC which could cause a break-up. Now if you are meant to be together it could just be a down time in your relationship, however with Uranus it is very abrupt in nature liken to having the rug pulled out from under you. Pluto...well it just wipes something that is not right out of your life never to be seen again. Uranus and Pluto will get to your ASC/DEC (Uranus comes within one degree) in July of 2012 and then both will retrograde backwards and then go direct again then Pluto squares your ASC/DEC again around the beg of Jan 2013. Both Uranus and Pluto will be hitting this angle on and off in 2013 and sometime both at the same time making it very difficult to maintain a relationship. I am sorry!!