How do I temper down my Gemini traits?

lenartz

I am an extreme example of a Gemini (well, to an extent I suppose). I am really feeling my Gemini traits, most notably (nowadays), the fickleness and changeability. While I am not *completely* complaining about having such abundance of Gemini traits, since I also exhibit the good traits of the sign (dignified Mercury in Gemini), lately I just want to at least settle into something for a bit, and feel even just a tinge of stability.

I am mostly air and earth, but I can't seem to figure out how to channel my earth qualities (stellium in Capricorn, 4 planets in Capricorn). My most prominent planets are Mercury and Saturn, yet I seem to be most comfortable expressing Mercury's traits rather than Saturn's.

It also doesn't help that I have Sun opposite Uranus, making me even more unstable (literally both physically and mentally).

The only thing I have going on for me when it comes to expressing my earth qualities is that I tend to look calm and composed, even though on the inside I'm a mess! Hahaha.

I am asking this because I have a lot of things planned, yet I can't seem to stick to a schedule and follow through... but I really, really need to.

Any advice anyone?

Attachments

• lennatalchart.jpg
    lennatalchart.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 40

lazarusx

Its a pain isnt it? ;)

My Ascendant,Moon,Mercury and Jupiter are all in Gemini. I have the same stellium of generational planets in Capricorn and my Sun is in opposition to all of them. I have come to accept the changability of my personality and have sought practical ways in which i can embrace it..

I'm notorious for adapting to situations and scenario's, for which i can appreciate the benefits but at the same time it makes it difficult to really define your position.

I've found that removing unnecessary distractions from my daily routine helps me to focus on my goals aswell as living in a clean environment. In my experience if my environment is clean i can think very clearly and i feel much more grounded, this has helped me to evaluate whats important and what isnt which in turn as simplified my life to be more manageable without getting caught up in the details too much.

I wish i had more advice, but in essence i also share your concerns.

StillOne

I am asking this because I have a lot of things planned, yet I can't seem to stick to a schedule and follow through... but I really, really need to.

Any advice anyone?
I also identify with what you're saying (I'm a gemini moon) and I can be all over the court. Lol. You have some inconjunct aspects in there also that, I think, can fuel some of this. Moon quincunx Jupiter and Mars quincunx Uranus. http://cafeastrology.com/natal/quincunxinterpretations.html

A couple of years ago I meditated and did a lot of yoga and that seemed to help "calm" things down. So tough for me to get back there right now unfortunately... Lol, so I feel where you're coming from. :smile:

miquar

Hi Lenartz. You are perhaps feeling the influence of transiting Saturn, which is currently exactly square to your Moon Venus opposition, which is obviously a very un-Geminian part of your chart. Cancer and Capricorn are endowed with a natural sense of timing and patience, but as you say, your Gemini traits are in overdrive. (It might be worth looking at your third house Pluto too - it might reflect an over-attachment to 3rd house issues, thus exacerbating your Gemini bias).

I would use this Saturn transit to get more in touch with your body, and the sensations and feelings moving through it. Gemini can often find such things very depressing, and may defend against it with rationalisations and distractions. But I think you would find it worthwhile overriding the Gemini impulses - you might feel depressed under the Saturn transit anyway, as you are reminded just how isolated you are in that detached Geminian world, and how much your Venus in Cancer in particular needs the warmth of human contact (intimate feeling contact rather than airy discourse).

Hope this is of use

Looking at your North Node in 6th house in air suggests communications of a more fixed variety are part of your Lesson to be service (very gemini trait to) with mercury being chart ruler and MC ruler is very important, but they do have short attention spans, so go for a career that will let you communicate in a variety of ways, as bordem is the kiss of death to gemini.

South Node in Leo 12th house, suggests much confusions, feeling lost, focusing too much on self and ego, pride and wanting control. these things are being dissolved in 12th house in readiness for Aquarius 6th house matters

How you ground the gemini restless is by using the Virgo practical side, details, details and more details. Train your mind to focus on details. Mercury only has one aspect sextile to mars....

gives mental energy and a sharp intellect. You are good at strategy and probably enjoy games requiring mental skill, such as bridge and chess. You are likely also to have very good math skills. You plan your actions carefully and completely, and because of this you usually get the job done right. There is a decisiveness to your nature. You say what you mean and mean what you say http://www.skyscript.co.uk/mercuryaspects.html#mexma

how do you keep your mind occupied in leisure things? computer games? reading, quiz books? your prog sun is now 22' cancer. what happened two years ago when conj venus? did you fall in love?

I would discount the mars square pluto at 10' same with venus neptune opp at 9' separating and same with venus saturn. I tend to reduce the orbs ratio on astro down to 85% to bring in line with mainstream views.

Moon in cappi is in detriment further afflicted conj Saturn and opp to venus suggests that certain romantic things(venus) don't always fulfill you emotionally (moon)

felkin

Moon in Gemini here and completely proud of it!

Have I always been comfortable with it? NO. But I decided there was nothing I could do about it, thus embraced it. I learned to start loving the positive aspects of it and started noticing how well it served me. For starters, the men I partner with tend to have serious/conservative aspects and they LOVE my ability to have 10 million different interests at once. They also like how social I am because they tend to be shy, so I bring them balance and balance is brought to me. Astrology is another for it helps to have insatiable curiousity, which is common in a Gemini moon. I can talk to anyone, with help of Mercury in Virgo, 8th House and I have gotten to do tons of different lines of work, with my moon being in 6th. And I am always up for an adventure. Consistency makes me sad, actually.

Now, you might be saying, okay fine...easy for you. Well, not really, as my moon SQUARES my sun, so it was a literal constant battle...that was something I used to cry over. Now, I see it is a test to help me hear my intuition. I used to have a very hard time discerning what I needed and what I wanted. Realizing the square and studying it intently has helped me utilize the energy to listen to ME.

I used to be really hard on myself...I'm not "centered" enough. I'm hard to read. I dont' use the same shampoo. Hahah. But once I started loving those parts of me, I noticed that is what others sincerely appreciated in me. :love:

There is another post I was participating in, how our natal moons really are who we are about. Embracing the heavy Gemini in me has taught me self-love. I wish you the best!

Blessings...

Jesusistheway

Embrace your gemini traits!

God told me something I will not forget, he said:

BE AT PEACE WITH YOURSELF

And same goes for you. There are things we don't like about ourselves but we need to let go and love ourselves. I love being airy its cool we're super funny. Just laugh at it. I find being uranic and airy is quite the combination. Pride yourself in what traits you have. And f it if someone says or thinks otherwise about gemini's cause we are super cool. And they know it!