Will I become a ghost writer?

RockFish

Hello peeps,

On another chapter of the soap opera "Rockfish's quest for the perfect job", here I am considering a new career.

I'm a translator and I've been doing quite well in this trade, but I've been thinking of gradually turning into ghost writing because it is better paid and I'm in need of a faster and bulkier amount of money.

Here's the chart (20 feb 2010, 4:25 am, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil):

picture.php

I'm saturn retro in the 8th, very unfortunate position it seems to me. Is the 8th house joy of Saturn? I hope so, but won't raise my expectations, it seems dark to me anyways.

The work is shown by Mars retro in the 6th of his joy. Sigs see each other, and they will perfect the aspect because Mars will turn direct while still in Leo, and before Saturn goes back to Virgo. Looks like I stand a chance?

Funny movement of these two, moving backwards with each other. I don't know what retro means, but I can imagine a somehow protracted process, with delays and some obstacles, or maybe complete failure of the process. After all, it will require some talking to publishers, some digging in the industry. Ghost Writing is somehow a secret position, which depends solely on people's indications, so it's not exactly easy to get in. Saturn rules the 12th house of secrets as well, which is very fitting.

Moon makes no aspect to main sigs, which is a bit worrying. But she is smack into the 4th house, domiciled and exhalted, does that show the outcome will be fortunate for me?

Mercury on ascendant is heart-warming to my eyes. :biggrin: It rules 5th house of creation and 8th of money from others, I read it as "creating for others", how about that?

Venus rules end of matter, and she is in her domicile and good sign of pisces, and she is the next one to be aspected by Moon, can I get my hopes higher already!!

Jupiter rules 2nd house and there he is, in his sign, that would be so nice if he wasn't combust... Dunno what the combustion means, but Jupiter looks very strong anyways and he trines the MH.

I think it is a strange-looking chart, but there is promise. Lots of exhalted planets, aspects between main sigs, some problems, but overall I think it is good and I read it as yes. Any thoughts?

Virinchi

when the question was posed mars is in 8th house
any planet in 8th house will give threat, insult, low profile life, working under someone without recognition, less pay

(saw chart in vedic)

PaxMercurius

The significator in the 8H for no reason indicates that you are stressed and worrying about the issue. Also, the 8H is 2nd from the 7th - your client's money. You are, naturally, interested in your client's money and whether or not you will get it. Clients and their money are in the first house, which is good - looks like you will get paid for your writing (Mercury). Not so good is that no one knows you - Jupiter, Lord 11 and 2, is combust.

I think you could do quite well at this, but it will be slow to start. Moon sq. Mercury - you will have to build up a client base and work at home a lot. I wouldn't expect to see significant money in a while, but as you go along, it is likely to improve. I wouldn't give up your primary job until you have a strong reputation in the industry.

RockFish

Thanks to you both for replying! :happy:

any planet in 8th house will give threat, insult, low profile life, working under someone without recognition, less pay

Being a ghost writer is by definition working under someone without recognition, so, it's fitting. I don't worry about recognition for now, I need more money. :wink:

I find it hard to be less paid than I do now, since the price for a page can be ten times more than what I get as translator.

The significator in the 8H for no reason indicates that you are stressed and worrying about the issue.
Also, the 8H is 2nd from the 7th - your client's money. You are, naturally, interested in your client's money and whether or not you will get it. Clients and their money are in the first house, which is good - looks like you will get paid for your writing (Mercury).

COOL, thank you! I'm going to contact some publishers today, I know they sometimes have to employ ghost writers, so, maybe I can start by asking for advice and such, and see what develops from there.

Not so good is that no one knows you - Jupiter, Lord 11 and 2, is combust.

Yeah, but I wouldn't do it forever, no writer dreams of becoming a ghost writer, of course, but it seems a good idea since I'm definitely in need of money. Writing a book gives no guarantee of success or money, but writing a book for another does guarantee profit, which is what I need now.

I think you could do quite well at this, but it will be slow to start. Moon sq. Mercury - you will have to build up a client base and work at home a lot. I wouldn't expect to see significant money in a while, but as you go along, it is likely to improve. I wouldn't give up your primary job until you have a strong reputation in the industry.

Yes, sure, that's not my intention, to give up translation. And I already work at home, so there would be no significant change in this.

Let's see how it develops, I'll let you guys know. :wink:

RockFish

Now that I'm re-reading this thread, I really liked this analysis, Pax, it brought the clients to my attention:

Clients and their money are in the first house, which is good - looks like you will get paid for your writing (Mercury). Not so good is that no one knows you - Jupiter, Lord 11 and 2, is combust.

There are two kinds of clients in this trade, publishing houses and individuals. I work for some publishing houses as a translator and I like it, it's very impersonal and I appreciate that. Maybe Sun shows individual clients and Venus, lord of 9th, shows publishing houses? Venus also rules myself (Saturn in Libra) and is the next aspect of the Moon.

Jupiter is the money I can get from this work, Jup rules my resources (2nd) and rules the profit from work (11th - 2nd to the 10th), Jup is in the 2nd house and trines MH, I think it indicates profit.
I do see the combustion as a problem (clients overshadowing recognition, how fitting!), not only there's no recognition but maybe the payment is not as I expect, but at any rate it can't be so meager because it's Jupiter and Jupiter is in Pisces and trining MH.

Thank you both again for the replies, I'm sending some e-mails and starting pulling the strings. I'll update as soon as something happens. :wink:

candiceaqua

Writing is a H5 issue(ruler mercury exaltation in your first house, which indicates that the writing job will find you, it is also the same ruler of H8-other people's money, also in your First house, and Mercury in Saturn's sign, the writing job really likes you)

Publish is the H9, H9 ruler venus in your H2(money),indicates money into your pocket.

Current job income is the H11-jupiter in your first house, is going to be combusted by H7 ruler, which indicates that your current income will be more and more stressful, and not being able to fulfil your needs.(because you partner or other people so your money issue is becoming urgent?

I think the new job is better for you, as you can see the current job Mars rx in H6, is really boring and tiresome, and ready to change, the Mars will turn direct in 9th March,some changes concerning your current job is going to happen at that time.

The exact date and place of this question is really needed.

Last edited:

RockFish

Hi Candice

The exact date and place of this question is really needed.
For some reason, this sentence made me cast the chart in Astrodienst. Maybe you felt something was wrong with the chart?

To my dismay, in Astrodienst I found out the chart was wrong. Solarfire doesn't recognize Daylight Saving Time (WTH!), and I just realized this now. Astrodiesnt does, and when I cast the chart there, it gives me a completely different chart... :pinched:

Sorry to you peeps who gave your input here for a wrong chart, really sorry! (*sits in the corner with a pointy hat*) :crying:

Here's the real chart:

picture.php

Early ascendant means the situation is brand new and yet to develop. I'm Saturn in the 9th of publishing. 9th house is mercury, which is in my 1st and my sign, so, the area is really good for me. Saturn is retro so I think it means even though I want to change jobs, I'll have to remain in old situation for some time.

Job is 10th and writing would be a 5th house theme, both houses are ruled by Venus (5th house is 29 degree taurus), and Venus is in my 2nd which is good for finances, but there is no aspect between main sigs. :unsure:
Venus rules Saturn in Libra, does that count for much?

Moon in Taurus, ruled by Venus-the-Job and in a near perfect sextile to said Venus, that indeed looks good! Moon's next aspect is the sextile to job, then it squares Mercury-the-publishing, shows some struggle but possibilities.

8th house of other people's money is ruled by Sun in my 2nd house. Thanks! :w00t:
Money from work is 2nd to 10th, it is Mars in sextile to me, good too.

And my money is ruled by same ruler as myself, Saturn in publishing house, so I think I'm in the right field and right track.

Looks promising. I hope I get it.

Thanks Candice for pointing the error in the chart, and thanks for the time you guys took to offer your views. Now I'll have to check other horaries and see if I messed up big time here. i don't recall posting a lot during the daylight saving, but I might need to correct one thread or another....