Will I be a chancellery officer?

RockFish

Hello peeps,

I did an exam in february, to get a job as chancellery officer in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs here in Brazil.

I didn't believe I was going to nail it, I didn't study anything. I did the exam in order to know how it is and to prepare myself for the 2010 exams. But, to my surprise, I got a decent grade and might be called to the next phase of the selection process.

So, question is, will I be a chancellery officer? (I asked this instead of "will I pass the exams", because there is more than one exam and I thought that maybe the answer might have been confusing).

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee229/mchelo/ofichan.jpg?t=1237992386

I'm Sun in Aries, exhalted. Finally a horary in which I'm a decent significator... :rolleyes:

The job is Venus, ruler of the 10th. Venus also rules 3rd house of examinations, so I think it's fair enough to see Venus as what I'm trying to achieve.

Venus is weak, in Aries, retrograde and it'll will be charred by the Sun. At least it isn't me. :D

What does it mean? I'm raising my hopes here since Venus retrogrades towards Sun. Can I raise my expectations right now??? There are eight degrees between them, maybe the final result will come only in eight months?

I'm wanting to believe this is a positive outcome, but Venus is so debilitated that I'm afraid they might cancel the whole selection process or something this drastic! :p

Am I really nailing this? I can't believe!

Moon has just left a sextile to Sun and Venus... That might mean the revealing of decent grade of the first exam I did, which I didn't expect. It happened last Sunday. I love you Moon. :)

She'll square the MH, but orb is really wide... By the way, most orbs are really wide, so I'm reading this as "final outcome only in eight or nine months", which are respectively, the number of degrees that separate venus from sun and number of degrees in the square between Moon and MH.................

She'll conjunct Jupiter in one degree time (one month, probably, when results for the second exam I did might come up).

I reckon i'm not reading this impartially anymore. :D

Venus trines ascendant, tho walks away due to retrogradation, protracted. Sun is in applying sextile to North Node in the 6th house, I take this as a good sign as well. I want to believe!!

Thanks in advance for any input,
(I wanna) Rock!

starlink

Well, if you would not take the 8th house as a traditionally bad house to be in, then I would say that Venus and Sun are mutually applying and ruler Mars is angular, rules the day and night triplicity of Pisces and is strong therefore. End of the matter house also ruled by Mars, same outcome.

Question is, is Sun burning Venus or can we just see this as a mutual application. I would say so, because otherwise you can never get a conjunction between Sun and any other planet when they are significators.

Moon, your co-ruler conjuncts Jupiter as her last aspect, very nice indeed! This does promise a YES. Moon is also in term of Venus (the job). Ok, this shows that you like to get the job. I wonder however if the job will be really as nice as you think it will be. Venus is in a terrible state dont forget. What do you think?

fensi88

Yes, you will.
You are Su and Moon, job is as you said Ve rx. Su and Ve will conjunct and that is "yas" answer to your question! Fact that Ve is combust is not relevant because Su is one of rulers!

RockFish

Thanks friends! Yes, I do read this as a yes. My first yes in a career horary, jeez, that took a long time! :D

starlink said:
Moon is also in term of Venus (the job). Ok, this shows that you like to get the job. I wonder however if the job will be really as nice as you think it will be. Venus is in a terrible state dont forget. What do you think?
I think it shows that the job will be disappointing, or maybe I'll feel it is below my capacities.... Sun is strong and Venus is so weak, that can be me thinking "Is this it???" :p

I already expected something like this, I'm not really pursuing this out of passion, but out of desperation to get a stable source of money before the crisis hit my country harder (right now the country is afloat, but i'm not sure if this situation is going to last much longer... ). I work on my own right now, and I think I may get into real deep trouble if/when clients start to dwindle and all... My interest in this job is to have a safe boat to sail the waters ahead....

I will be extremely happy to get the job, but being a bureaucrat in a government department is not my life's dream, not at all. So, you are right when you say that job won't be that nice, I'm not really counting on that.

Again thanks for the input, folks, you rock! :)

I will update when the time is due.

starlink

or maybe I'll feel it is below my capacities
Funny you say this, it crossed my mind but then I thought that you would probably know exactly what the job is all about so I did not mention it.

tikana

Hi

okay I did send Rockfish my take on on her chart

I am getting a NO.

Venus'antiscia is 19 virgo 39
it is 2 degrees with saturn
saturn retro in 1st is always a bad omen UNLESS saturn rules 7t
the house whichever rules whatever you asked for
Sun rejects Venus by detriment - NOT GOOD!
yeah venus loves you but it is detrimented but holds on by term
it is mutual application sun/venus but venus gets to saturn first
which is your opponent... and everything is in 7th house.. lookis like someon elese is gettin ga job not you
here is another hting.. moon will inconjunct saturn again.. you are not the one..i think they hired someone else just because of the salary asking...moon will conjunct jupiter it is all 8th house
does not look good at all!

T

RockFish

Hi Tikana, thank you for the insight.

I was wondering if this ugly Venus and all the other difficulties you mentioned can be pointing to a corrupted selection process?

I mention this because I got a grade in the English exam that is by far the worst grade I ever got in the idiom. Ever since I was a kid, my grades in English have always been close to the top. I mentioned this to my sister and she said that maybe the exam is all corrupted, that maybe they already had some other people in sight for the jobs and were too rigorous with the other candidates (which is against the law when it comes to a job in a government department, but everybody knows this kind of thing happens anyway).

Well, the final result is still to come, but my grades in the second examination were not satisfatory and I think it is really going to be a negative.

Thanks for the insights, I really need to study receptions.

RockFish

Alright, just to let everybody know, nothing came out of this one.

But I got close. :p

See you in the next horary. ;)

fensi88

tikana said:
Hi

okay I did send Rockfish my take on on her chart

I am getting a NO.

T
Tikana, bravo! I did not notice this!! Excellent analyse.
Rockfish, sorry to hear that, I wish you luck next time!

starlink

AAAHH, I just MUST look at Antiscia's. I find it so difficult to see one, I just always skip this. Well done Tik, you were right, I was wrong. As Rockfish also wrote, she almost got it. But that antiscia (shadow) in this case turned the favor.
Sorry you did not get it Rockfish!