Will I get the grant?

aquarius7000

RockFish said:
It is an interview, but the question was "will I get the grant?"....The original question is focusing on the money, money from others, that would be the 8th, isn't it?
Both: the way to the question 'is spelled out' and the context are important. Your question clearly is whether you will get the grant or not (money coming to you from other people, and not your own pocket: 2nd house). It can, therefore, not harm perhaps to look at the 8th house.
The context on the other hand clearly tells us that we are talking about money coming to you from the univ, or via the univ, at least; and so, I would say that we should/could also consider the second house of the univ (its treasury, so to speak).

Still thinking..
:)aquarius7000

RockFish

In december I asked a question about the same thing, but more focused on the exam, this is the thread:

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13392

Only now I see that ArcherGirl has replied!!! Thank you very much Archer, sorry for my missing it!

The chart has vanished, tho. I will try to find it and post it again, in that thread, for the sake of archiving it properly.

Archer said it looked like a Yes, I would pass the exam, and I probably did, but now that we are bringing the interview to the table, the outlook is not so good.....

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
Your question clearly is whether you will get the grant or not (money coming to you from other people, and not your own pocket: 2nd house). It can, therefore, not harm perhaps to look at the 8th house.

I agree and it's why I think this is the most correct way of looking at it.

It can be said that "doing it both ways gets the same result" and that may be true, but showing it two different ways is not a substitute for understanding the basis of the question and why it's generally looked at in such a simple manner. The number one rule in horary is "keep it simple", and I sternly believe that over-complication is what leads charts to chaos.

RockFish

Hello folks,

I'm replying to let you all know that you were right, I didn't get the grant. :mad:

Ray asked:

The opposition to yourself may be that you 'messed up' somehow?
Totally! In the interview, they told me my budget was done wrongly, it wasn't according to the rules of the programme. Altho I tried my best to mend the situation, it didn't work. During the interview, I felt they liked me, but it wasn't enough.

Thanks for the input everyone. You guys helped me keep my feet on the ground. During the whole process, I kept in mind that the horary had a negative answer, so I didn't allow myself to build expectations. Maybe this is why I'm not totally frustrated right now, only half frustrated.

Anyways, next year I'll try again. Maybe then.

Love,
(I wanna) Rock!