Could this be described as an atheist placement?

MoonlightSonata

I was looking at a chart that has Jupiter and Chiron in Scorpio - no shared aspect - and both are in the 9th house. And the first words that came to mind were a lot of (Jupiter) intense (Scorpio) pain (Chiron), luck and optimism (Jupiter) connected to higher education and religion (9th), and a compulsive or obsessive (Scorpio) quest for truth/meaning (9th) and healing (Chiron).

That made me think this might be someone who believes all religion is silly since Scorpio is about getting to the bottom of things and is not fond of gray areas. It prefers things to be black or white. Jupiter wants to sample everything, and it's at home in the 9th house. And Chiron represents our deepest wound and happens to be in the house of religion/personal philosophy.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

I was looking at a chart that has Jupiter and Chiron in Scorpio - no shared aspect - and both are in the 9th house. And the first words that came to mind were a lot of (Jupiter) intense (Scorpio) pain (Chiron), luck and optimism (Jupiter) connected to higher education and religion (9th), and a compulsive or obsessive (Scorpio) quest for truth/meaning (9th) and healing (Chiron).

That made me think this might be someone who believes all religion is silly since Scorpio is about getting to the bottom of things and is not fond of gray areas. It prefers things to be black or white. Jupiter wants to sample everything, and it's at home in the 9th house. And Chiron represents our deepest wound and happens to be in the house of religion/personal philosophy.

Thoughts?
members discuss planetary aspect meanings
within any and all contexts
including that of one thousand five hundred asteroids
or a mere 700 asteroids
or only one asteroid

if that is ones preference

for example:

I use the following asteroids for love and relationship:
Erato, Amor, Bienor, Bosque Alegre, Compassion, Amanda,
Frigga, Klyria, Medea, Rousseau, Summa, Valentine, Anteros, Hathor, Jason, Moraes, Peirithoos,
Pocahintas, Sidi, Ubasti, Sappho, Amicitia, Patroclus, Cupido, Medusa,
Hephaistos, Demeter, Hera, Thereus, Valentine, Nessus,
Ariadne,
Chariklo, Close, Rhoda, Damocles

Does anyone use others not here, and what do they mean?

Zarathu

its a small number. I regularly use 700 of them

Clearly then, our forum allows discussion on a varied spectrum of astrological shades of opinion

and so
I merely mention my humble astrological opinion :smile:

which is:

A PLANET acts

A HOUSE shows the area of life
in which the planet acts

as well as
how strongly the planet can act

houses-labeled.gif

and
the
quality of the planet's expression
is influenced by the SIGN location of the PLANET

MoonlightSonata

members discuss planetary aspect meanings
within any and all contexts
including that of one thousand five hundred asteroids
or a mere 700 asteroids
or only one asteroid

if that is ones preference

for example:

Clearly then, our forum allows discussion on a varied spectrum of astrological shades of opinion

and so
I merely mention my humble astrological opinion :smile:

which is:

A PLANET acts

A HOUSE shows the area of life
in which the planet acts

as well as
how strongly the planet can act

houses-labeled.gif

and
the
quality of the planet's expression
is influenced by the SIGN location of the PLANET

I pretty much followed that recipe with my interpretation, and I'm eager to see if anyone has anything to add.

IleneK

Premium Member
I think it could be as you describe.

It could also be one who plunges both widely/Jup and deeply/Scorpio into higher learning/religion/philosophy/9th as a result of his/her most archaic wounding/Chiron to find her greatest healing/Chiron as teacher, minister, philosopher.
It would depend upon the causes and conditions forming the native's life and current circumstances.

MoonlightSonata

I think it could be as you describe.

It could also be one who plunges both widely/Jup and deeply/Scorpio into higher learning/religion/philosophy/9th as a result of his/her most archaic wounding/Chiron to find her greatest healing/Chiron as teacher, minister, philosopher.
It would depend upon the causes and conditions forming the native's life and current circumstances.

I can see this person being a teacher, minister or philosopher as you suggested and possibly a staunch theist if a particular religion can provide an enormous sense of comfort/healing.

Unfortunately, I can only speculate because I don't know this person. Nevertheless, I enjoy trying to interpret random charts.

Lin

Personally, I would need an entire chart to make any guess about this person's potential for faith in God or adherence to any religion. Not all people who are not into ''dogma'' are atheists. Belief in a higher power without adhering to this or that religion is usually referred to as agnosticism.

This opinion is rooted in the belief that we don't KNOW ''God'' or enough about God to be able to have proof enough to create dogma...which is always man made.
LIN

MoonlightSonata

Personally, I would need an entire chart to make any guess about this person's potential for faith in God or adherence to any religion. Not all people who are not into ''dogma'' are atheists. Belief in a higher power without adhering to this or that religion is usually referred to as agnosticism.

This opinion is rooted in the belief that we don't KNOW ''God'' or enough about God to be able to have proof enough to create dogma...which is always man made.
LIN

Interesting. I guess I hadn't considered agnosticism because I was so focused on Jupiter in Scorpio rooming with Chiron in the 9th house and how all that intensity could possibly affect this person's opinion of religion.

Here's a link to the chart if you (or anyone else) still want to see it: https://iili.io/3jFkJ4.jpg