Do you believe in Astrology

chris10

That's because you can, by virtue of your Natal-chart, make practical decisions using intuition and experience alone. In hindsight, which Astrological configuration has been most correct when checked against past decisions, the results of which you already know? It doesn't matter what works for others, just what works for you!

I haven't reached a verdict yet. Still researching.
I haven't been very faithful to astrology, it's an on again off again relationship all these years and there are details I will need to look into more deeply.
Generally speaking, changes in my life have happened when major planets - trad and modern - using placidus, have been hitting angles of chart - natal and relocat -
However, in natal chart, some planets seem to fit better using whole signs, but then in relocation chart placidus seems to explain things better ... :pouty:

That's why it is so difficult for me to decide on what works and what does not. It seems it will take years of observing before I come to a conclusion on what works for me.

waybread

Astrology works best as a tool for self-awareness. You can use it this way, whether or not it is objectively accurate.

chris10

Astrology works best as a tool for self-awareness. You can use it this way, whether or not it is objectively accurate.

Hi waybread, Thank you.
I discovered astrology in my early teens and the chart wheel when I was 16-17. It helped me a lot ... to be honest it just confirmed what I already believed about myself.
But pinpointing which house system is the most accurate and which chart - natal or relo works - helps regarding prediction.

chris10

I have to say Yes, I looked into astrology to find out what happened in my past and what to expect in the future, a form of fortunetelling and futurism.
Tell me more about that. What did you find works better for you?
Tell me about the house system you think works better, predictive methods etc.

How does astrology work? We don't really know. You might ask God almighty itself on the provocative role planetary or celestial bodies have on our daily lives.

waybread

Hi waybread, Thank you.
I discovered astrology in my early teens and the chart wheel when I was 16-17. It helped me a lot ... to be honest it just confirmed what I already believed about myself.
But pinpointing which house system is the most accurate and which chart - natal or relo works - helps regarding prediction.

The question is, which house system is most accurate for you.

chris10

The question is, which house system is most accurate for you.
I don't know yet.
That's why I'm asking what has worked and what has not worked for others.
Seems I will need to study astrology much more in depth and for a great many more years before I can reach a conclusion.

CapAquaPis

I wonder what our hobbies and interests are indicated on our natal chart, since I thought is there a force that determined what our hobbies or interests are? What makes one person fascinated with archaeology, the other into bicycling and a third person fixated with computer science? And me? I developed an interest in astrology. The planetary bodies can give detail of what a person's hobbies and interests will be in their lives, and furthermore, vindicates astrology is something credible for us all.

chris10

I wonder what our hobbies and interests are indicated on our natal chart, since I thought is there a force that determined what our hobbies or interests are? What makes one person fascinated with archaeology, the other into bicycling and a third person fixated with computer science? And me? I developed an interest in astrology. The planetary bodies can give detail of what a person's hobbies and interests will be in their lives, and furthermore, vindicates astrology is something credible for us all.
Thank you CapAquaPis.
What exactly in your chart shows your interest in astrology?

CapAquaPis

Astrology could explain a person's inner demons and visible faults, but it's up to the person to either seek professional help or change their ways. My bro (Apr 23, 1981, younger than me Feb 15, 1980) needs to go to rehab for his alcohol and drug abuse, and psychiatric treatment for what appears to be schizoid personality comments (he claimed to be a "time/space/dimension traveler").

I'm sure Taurus are prone to addictions (kinda like Sagittarius and more with Pisces) or indulgences in ways they are hooked. Taurus' ruling planet is venus, one of vanity, careless enjoyment and flaunting (also ruler of Libra). My bro a Taurus sun/Sag moon/Scorpio rising has Neptune in Sag, the planet rules Pisces and co-rules Sag, also represents addiction, obsession, fixation, overworking and intense pleasures.

CapAquaPis

Astrology had many uses for thousands of years - not only by solar cycles but moon phases and signs. Astrological forecasts are used by farmers to plant, weed or harvest in their fields, to check on egglaying by hens, and when it's the best time for fishing (I hear the moon in mutable and water signs, esp Pisces, and moon phases like full and new, have more fish activity to catch). Weather forecast predictions are linked to some astrological influence, as well past climate data, mainly based on seasons (solar days) and lunar signs or phases.

CapAquaPis

And to bring up my high school, 2 middle schools and 5 elementary schools I attended as a child, their sun signs are Virgo (Early Sep, when the schoolyear starts) and rising (Libra, the hour when school starts in session), but I looked at the Moon signs to determine how the schools characteristics are. Here are my schools, with their first day of school (the day or two after US Labor Day) and their moon signs, note all of them have the same sun sign of Virgo. If a school has a Pisces moon, that makes them the exact astrological opposite, and Pisces like Sagittarius, I encounter classmates more better off than me.

* Palm Desert High School (Sep 9, 1986) - Sagittarius moon (close to scorpio)
* Woodrow Wilson Middle (Sep 9, 1964-closed 2009) - Libra/Scorpio
* Indio Middle (Sep 8, 1992) - Aquarius (close to Capricorn)
* Dwight Eisenhower Elem (Sep 5, 1961- closed 2016) - cancer
* Andrew Jackson Elem (Sep 1936, current site 1955) - cancer
And 4 schools I attended in the county special ed dept wherever they have classrooms farther from my childhood home in Indio.
* Abraham Lincoln Elem, Palm Desert (Sep 1930, current site 1961) - Pisces or Aries?
* Kokell Elem, Coachella (Sep 1930-closed) - same as Lincoln
* Katherine Finchey Elem/Middle, Palm Springs (before 1930, unknown, current site 2000s)
* Raymond Cree Elem/Middle, Palm Springs (before 1930, unknown, current site 1960s)

My high school was more affluent than schools I attended in Indio, which is a sagittarian trait, the schools with a Libra tilt is like the campus was rough but their staff is supportive (Libras have a two-sided feature of being good or bad in the same coin), Aquarius should be more of my favor as an Aquarian (then again, Capricorns place tougher academic standards on their students) and finally, Cancer has a sense of community, close to family and able to make friends who live near you. Any school with a Scorpio (or Aries) isn't going to be positive because the sign represents difficulty getting through that place.