Psychological Insights

Hi everyone :)

I'm posting here because most interpretations of my chart (on a simple level) focus largely on the academic and career world, and on very little else. Looking at my chart, on a base level, I understand why that is... however, I'm lacking understanding of myself as a person within the framework of myself and other people on an emotional level.

I feel as though there are many conflicting elements in my chart that give me a sort of "doomed" element when it comes to love and interpersonal relationships in general, almost as though I am misunderstood and will always be misunderstood by other people. This feeling has been amplified in the past year due to a lot of growth and relationships gone wrong, both romantic and otherwise. I would be interested to see someone else's take on it.

Attachments

• chart.jpg
    chart.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 40

haidee

Is it your feelings or how others percieve you? :andy:
Emotion-wise, Aquarius Moons can often feel different from their peers.

Conjunct uranus: http://astromatrix.org/Horoscopes/Planet-Aspects/Moon-Conjunct-Uranus
Conjunct neptune: http://astromatrix.org/Horoscopes/Planet-Aspects/Moon-Conjunct-Neptune

See if those descriptions makes sense to you. :)

Also, you have a lot of Trines in your chart, so that's good. And sometimes squares and oppositions can gain you more success depending on the planets and position.

Is it your feelings or how others percieve you? :andy:
Emotion-wise, Aquarius Moons can often feel different from their peers.

Conjunct uranus: http://astromatrix.org/Horoscopes/Planet-Aspects/Moon-Conjunct-Uranus
Conjunct neptune: http://astromatrix.org/Horoscopes/Planet-Aspects/Moon-Conjunct-Neptune

See if those descriptions makes sense to you. :)

Also, you have a lot of Trines in your chart, so that's good. And sometimes squares and oppositions can gain you more success depending on the planets and position.

My moon is in Capricorn :) It's 28° Capricorn so I can understand why you'd see Aquarius, but it's definitely Capricorn. Capricorn being at a detriment in the moon is I think partially the reason I feel like there's a huge wall up between me and other people. I feel as though I can be incredibly frank and honest (Leo asc maybe?) but never actually say what I need to say, or what is meaningful, especially in love. I can feel a lot, but have difficulty expressing it properly.

Moon conjunct Uranus definitely works for me as I am very independent in life and love and tend to go for people who I see some type of wildness or unattainability in. I think my Earth-dominated chart stops me from being overly affected by this influence but I do feel as though this conjunct may be why other people remark that my love life is crazy, or very tumultuous and inconsistent.

I do feel though, that since my Moon-Neptune conjunct is in such a small degree, I don't feel it a lot. I guess I have a tendency to be idealistic sometimes, but I don't think the general description fits me. I'm not very sensitive or intuitive at all.

Last edited:

katydid

I would see the Mars /Uranus square as being a challenge in personal relationships. Uranus rules your 7th house, and sits on top of your Capricorn Moon in the 6th. Mars/Uranus squares often denote impatience, and sudden anger. With the Moon/Neptune in Capricorn huddled alongside, it might indicate kind of a passive/aggressive approach. When someone asks you 'what's wrong', instead of giving a clear answer, you might shrug and say 'nothing'….and then walk away mad. Mars/Uranus is sometimes too quick to cut people off and to stop listening and to throw in the towel before working things through.

You have a tremendous amount of Earth, with the elevated Sun, Mercury and Mars in Taurus and the Trines to Moon, Neptune, Jupiter in Cap. That should indicate the ability to slowly, calmly figure things out with others in a down to Earth way. However, there is an issue...

The issue is there is no Water in your chart. So once you begin negotiating, discussing, and trying to understand what is going on with others, they might feel that you can not empathize with them. They might get the impression that you do not understand or 'get' how they feel. If you’re lacking in Water you might struggle with identifying what you’re feeling, or might be insensitive to other people’s needs and emotions. Spending time by the ocean or a lake or in a hot bath with no distractions can be a good way to sit with being calm and see what feelings come up.It may take more of an effort on your part to try and relate to what others are trying to say to you about their feelings.

Wear a lot of blues/greens/ and soft flowy materials. Put up pictures of water on your walls and as backgrounds on your screens. Take the time to FEEL what others are trying to express. And delve deeper into your emotional depths.:innocent:

Arturia

Hi there!

Just from a quick look at your chart, I can see right off the bat that you have a Water void. There are no planets in any of the Water signs, which might be contributing to this issue. In astrology, Water is the element associated with feelings, emotions, empathy, sympathy, etc. We also find that the Moon is in the sign of Capricorn where it is in its detriment. The Moon is the planet we associate with the function of feeling, among other things.

I can also see some tensions existing between planets and signs (or parts of yourself). The Moon in Capricorn would embody an emotional need or sense of security as associated with the archetype of The Hermit. Capricorn can be independent, stand-offish and possibly even cold or detached. While this is going on, you also have Neptune in close conjunction with your Moon. Neptune represents a desire to merge or blend with someone or something, especially as it embodies anything much larger than we are. I'd also like to note that you have a conjunction being made out-of-sign with a larger orb with Uranus. This seems to add another dimension of independence but now with some freedom loving, possibly rebellious, characteristics in the field of feelings.

I have the sense that your emotional needs and wants might be getting a little confused or some wires are getting crossed. On the one hand, there's an emotional need for solitude and independence while on the other there is the aspiration to blend on that same emotional level. But blending requires others and connecting with them! Do you find frustrations along these lines? Does this seem applicable?

For questions on love and forming relationships, it's useful to look at certain houses and planets. One of the first go-to places would naturally be the 7th House.

Your Descendant (or 7th House cusp) falls in the sign of Aquarius. Now, there are plenty of sites and articles that might say how you're likely to be attracted to someone embodying the signs and planets within the Descendant. That might be true as far as that goes. But an important thing to understand is “why” this is so. One take on it (and I personally subscribe to this theory) is that the Descendant embodies qualities that we do not normally or easily identify ourselves with. Since this is the case, we tend to look for them in “The Other”. Libra is naturally associated with the 7th House for a reason. Not only is it the sign of relationships but it's also the sign that redresses imbalances! In the 7th House, when seeking others who have qualities we feel we lack, we are attempting to strike that balance by integrating those qualities through relationships.

So, let's get back to that Aquarius in the 7th. Keeping the theory above in mind, you may be drawn to people who embody Aquarian qualities: independent, freedom loving, avant-garde, offbeat, some emotional detachment, etc. Given your Capricorn Moon with the Uranus conjunction, I would say this could potentially be useful to you, granted that you are able to be honest with yourself and what you want. Traditionally, Saturn rules both Capricorn and Aquarius, so you can imagine that there might be some overlap. And, of course, there is Uranus adding its two cents with the above conjunction. In certain circumstances, it may not be difficult for you to get along with these Aquarian types.

I believe part of the problem may be when your Neptunian need for blending and merging are not being met. At first, it may seem like you're on board with space and freedom and all that jazz. But, perhaps, you might be perceived as being clingy or needy sometime down the road or under the right circumstances. This need may not be as potent by Neptune being in Capricorn, but I am not too sure. I also have this placement and have been puzzling over it for a while now.

The next place we'd want to look is at the planet Venus. The 7th House is the area of life where we form relationships and one-on-one bonds. But Venus is the planet associated with this part of human nature. It would be useful to see how Venus is faring in your chart and how she's likely to approach relationship formation.

In your chart, we find her in Gemini in the 11th House. I'm not sure of the significance, since I'm not as well versed as some here, but my attention is drawn to the fact that Venus is in the 11th while Aquarius (naturally associated with the 11th House) is found in the 7th (naturally associated with Libra—which Venus has rulership over!). I find the interchangeability between these two of areas and how they're blending to be interesting. It might be worth you noting, as well.

But back to Venus in the 11th! Again, we find her in Gemini, which is an Air sign. With the Air signs, we get rationality, logic, reasoning and, yes, more emotional detachment! Seeing a pattern yet? This Venus is not likely to approach relationships in a touchy feeling or lovey-dovey sort of way. She will love, yes—she is Venus after all! But this will be done in a way that Gemini is capable of: with curiosity, mentally and lightly. There may be verbal integration with love, such as writing letters or expressing them in speech. It really depends on the rest of the chart. But this Venus is filtered through the restlessness of this sign, so you may find that you move from one relationship to the next. Gemini loves contact with different backgrounds, ideas, people, etc. It likes to dip its fingers into quite a bit in its quest to gather information and mental stimulus. You might find that you can get bored in certain relationships, especially if this desire for stimulation is not being met.

Venus's presence in the 11th House may show that your romantic relationships have a tendency to be formed from friendships. Do you notice this? Are you friends with people before you enter into a romantic relationship with them? If so, I would offer caution in mistaking people as good friendship material for good romantic relationship material. Romantic relationships and friendships have different needs attached to them. They can sometimes overlap (such as “friends with benefits”) but we should not be fooled by this. Very rarely does this equate or result in a good long lasting romantic relationship. It's certainly not my place to tell you how to approach your relationships, but the above advice is given with the intention of advising only. That could also be applied to the rest of what I have here.

The issue of being misunderstood can be the result of various factors. One of them being other people's perceptions. This is something we generally can't control as other people will be disposed to seeing things in their own way. The other reasons may possibly be explained by your chart.

I've read in works by astrologer Steven Forrest that the best place to start is with the “Primal Triad”. This consists of the Sun, Moon and Ascendant. These three together form the skeletal structure of the personality where the other planets and signs form the flesh, muscle, blood, etc. It's always definitely worth taking a look at this configuration in any issue you have questions about!

You have the Sun in Taurus, the Moon in Capricorn and the Ascendant in Leo. The Taurus Sun represents the solar core of your personality and what the other planets (or psychological functions) revolve around. Everything else can always go back to that Taurus Sun. So, at the core, you may be a simple individual who could be made happy with basic pleasures, such as eating good food, taking a stroll through nature, etc. There is a striving towards consistency and stability. We've already touched upon your Capricorn Moon earlier. The Ascendant, in a sense, is the “mask” we wear. It is one of the most “outward and superficial” parts of us. This is where the rest of your personality gets filtered through to the world outside of you. With Leo here, we could expect that things get filtered through a theatrical, warm, childish and exuberant lens.

So, the question here is: how might this contribute to a misunderstanding? Well, we would want to look and see if there are any tensions that exist between these configurations—and there are! The first of them I see right off the bat is that you have an Earth-y luminary core paired with a Fire Ascendant. The impression people might get with the potentially fiery mask is not necessarily in line with the more down to earth center inside of you. This could certainly contribute some misunderstandings and confusion! As an exercise, I would encourage you to look at these three configurations and see how else they might cause tension or stress with one another. Or, more helpfully, how can they come together to form a healthily functioning, coherent personality?

There are a couple of other chart features that are worth noting in the context of your inquiry. Both Chiron and your North Node fall within the sign of Libra. Remember Libra? This is the sign of relationship formation! Chiron tends to show where and how in life we tend to be deeply hurt or suffer. This suffering, however, can offer incredible insight into ourselves if we are willing to be honest and be attuned to the lessons arising from pain. I'm not terribly well versed on Chiron so, if you want to learn more, I would recommend looking into the various resources available here. You could also check with our good friend, Google! That's always a nifty place to start.

The North node shows where in life we are the least experienced or comfortable with. If you subscribe to past lives, then this shows where your evolutionary growth lies, as opposed to the South node. The South node shows what we are familiar with to the point of boredom and stagnation. In the past lives scheme, the South node shows the qualities and natures that we have done over and over again.

For someone with the North node in Libra, it wouldn't be surprising to hear struggling where relationships are concerned. Your soul may not be accustomed to the art of forming relationships and the North node here calls for you to learn this. It's also interesting to see it sitting in the 3rd House—the house associated with communication, among other things! I would say that having problems with relationships, and being misunderstood within them, could certainly arise from this placement.

I could go on and on about this but I'll spare you! If you're interested in the nodes and past lives, I would strongly recommend Steven Forrest's Yesterday's Sky. I have it on my bookshelf and find that I reference this work regularly. His insights are wonderful and I enjoy his stance with Evolutionary astrology. I would also recommend his other book, Inner Sky, which covers more conventional chart reading techniques.

Phew! That was a long one! Well, I hope you found this lengthy, rambling post useful! If I overlooked anything or perhaps stated something incorrectly, I'm sure the more experienced or otherwise enthusiastic here will be happy to cover those bases.

haidee

My moon is in Capricorn :) It's 28° Capricorn so I can understand why you'd see Aquarius, but it's definitely Capricorn. Capricorn being at a detriment in the moon is I think partially the reason I feel like there's a huge wall up between me and other people. I feel as though I can be incredibly frank and honest (Leo asc maybe?) but never actually say what I need to say, or what is meaningful, especially in love. I can feel a lot, but have difficulty expressing it properly.

Moon conjunct Uranus definitely works for me as I am very independent in life and love and tend to go for people who I see some type of wildness or unattainability in. I think my Earth-dominated chart stops me from being overly affected by this influence but I do feel as though this conjunct may be why other people remark that my love life is crazy, or very tumultuous and inconsistent.

I do feel though, that since my Moon-Neptune conjunct is in such a small degree, I don't feel it a lot. I guess I have a tendency to be idealistic sometimes, but I don't think the general description fits me. I'm not very sensitive or intuitive at all.

Oh, haha, I apologise. You'd think that with a Virgo Ascendant that I would at least be able to see which sign your moon falls into. :p
Anyway, katydid and Arturia had some good points, and I learned something as well. :happy:

I would see the Mars /Uranus square as being a challenge in personal relationships. Uranus rules your 7th house, and sits on top of your Capricorn Moon in the 6th. Mars/Uranus squares often denote impatience, and sudden anger.

Thanks for your thoughts! I agree that my water void, especially with the amount of earth in my chart, is definitely felt strongly. As for the Mars/Uranus square, I think it makes sense. I can be a little brutal, even if I don't want to admit it.

I have the sense that your emotional needs and wants might be getting a little confused or some wires are getting crossed. On the one hand, there's an emotional need for solitude and independence while on the other there is the aspiration to blend on that same emotional level. But blending requires others and connecting with them! Do you find frustrations along these lines? Does this seem applicable?

I believe part of the problem may be when your Neptunian need for blending and merging are not being met. At first, it may seem like you're on board with space and freedom and all that jazz. But, perhaps, you might be perceived as being clingy or needy sometime down the road or under the right circumstances. This need may not be as potent by Neptune being in Capricorn, but I am not too sure. I also have this placement and have been puzzling over it for a while now.

You have the Sun in Taurus, the Moon in Capricorn and the Ascendant in Leo.. you have an Earth-y luminary core paired with a Fire Ascendant. The impression people might get with the potentially fiery mask is not necessarily in line with the more down to earth center inside of you. This could certainly contribute some misunderstandings and confusion!

Arturia, THANK YOU! You hit the nail on the head. I think that the Neptune-Moon aspects are really what is getting me messed up. My initial thought was much looser than yours - only that my Gemini Venus and my Aquarius descendant were not at all in harmony with the heavily Taurus and Capricorn aspects of my chart. I struggle a lot with air in my chart generally - I'm fine with fire, but any air in my chart always seems to be a problem for me. Water is a different story (seeing as I have none LOL). I feel as though my Aquarius descendant always leads me to really cool, detached types, who are unwilling to commit, and my Gemini Venus and Leo Ascendant make me seem very 'down' for it, and then at the root of it, my Earth core craves that need for commitment. I like the blending analogy you used for the Neptune-Moon aspects, because I think it's definitely apt.

dowhanawi

To add to this, particularly the neptune-moon part; 8th house is Pisces. I've learned the 8th house shows part of who is a good match for us: what you need from others (other people's money). With 8 on cusp of Pisces I'd recommend a partner who had sun, ac or Venus in Pisces or Pisces strong in the chart. They would balance yly, and hopefully you to them. And I think the neptune-moon would be much happier. Picses is also empathic. A strong Pisces would feel independent needs and be OK with them, so there would be greater balance. If your drawn to a certain sign attraction wise, but beyond that its not a great match, then find someone with an ac in sign that attracts you, but not a strong ac, so you get the visual look that draws you.