Discussion about astrologers making predictions

Oddity

Re: How does one determine sect?

Chances are really good that unless you are working on a mundane chart you wouldn't see something this big, affecting that many people in one querent's chart, question or nativity. It doesn't work that way. There is a hierarchy of charts, with charts of countries/nations above the charts of nativities, which in turn are above the charts of questions. Elections hover somewhere on the bottom. So horary can't bring what natal doesn't promise, and natal can promise a long, fulfilling life yet get trumped by mundane, and a meteor crash landing in Nebraska.

Very nice. But I still wanna know what that End of the World chart would look like!

Oddity

Thema Mundi, only backwards?

The Zoroastrian chart of the fall would be pretty close to the Thema Mundi backwards (everything in fall, albeit not detriment, but fall is usually worse in mundane), and that gave us day and night. And the fall. Or consciousness. Perhaps both.

So.....?

tsmall

Premium Member

The Zoroastrian chart of the fall would be pretty close to the Thema Mundi backwards (everything in fall, albeit not detriment, but fall is usually worse in mundane), and that gave us day and night. And the fall. Or consciousness. Perhaps both.

So.....?

THAT is so cool. Where can I find this?

graay ghost

That isn't the 'big meteor hits and wipes out all life in 48 hours' scenario.

You realise at this point there isn't any astrology in this discussion, right?

When you say "end of the world" you mean the whole thing, right? The entire earth, right? Every single scrap of rock? All life on earth would be gone long before then. Nothing says you can't have one and then the other :biggrin:

Oddity

When you say "end of the world" you mean the whole thing, right? The entire earth, right? Every single scrap of rock? All life on earth would be gone long before then. Nothing says you can't have one and then the other :biggrin:

So...you know that astrologers and astronomers were one in the same for most of history. Say this happened. Use the chart of the fall. What if the astrologer was wrong? Or right? I dunno which.

If the ennui hasn't grabbed you completely, write a story about it.

tsmall

Premium Member

So.....?

So we wind back around to sect? :whistling:

Dubyadude1986

I am not saying that bad things never happen to people, I just question the utility of telling people what thematic badness will happen to people if it's unavoidable. I mean that is a really good way to drive sensitive people completely crazy, and I question the utility of inflicting that on people.

Just remember that your questioning this is a virtue, and those are not universal. Some people will share this virtue with you, others will not. You understand how absolutes are not helpful.

I would say that for you personally, you've established a clear boundary and that is really very healthy for anyone. Decorate it.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

I don't have any other questions beyond how long I have to waste being alive.

So the problem is that I'm just not very creative, I guess.
:pouty:
It would seem you consider being alive is merely time wasted :smile:

i.e.
“how long I have to waste being alive”

and so
then knowing how much time one has
in order to waste that time in being alive
is irrelevant

since the intention is “to waste that time being alive” in any event

I just don't feel up to writing or doing much of anything anymore.
that's your choice to which you are entitled