Saturn passing through the 6th - experiences?

Macy

As saturn sits less than 1 degree from my 6th house, I have been experiencing health problems everywhere. Allergies, kidney problems, joint pain and more...

What is going on here? My health seems to be deteriorating before my eyes. Is this really what saturn transiting the 6th is all about? :sad:

What happend when saturn transited your 6th house?

Macy

As saturn sits less than 1 degree from my 6th house, I have been experiencing health problems everywhere. Allergies, kidney problems, joint pain and more...

What is going on here? My health seems to be deteriorating before my eyes. Is this really what saturn transiting the 6th is all about? :sad:

Macy

Welcome to forum,
we are all visual people and need to see charts pls...

If you had saturn in 6th then the following may apply...
Saturn in the 6th house
· Have to work for what is received. Difficulties with employees and in working conditions due to a separateness and a demanding-ness. Hard worker but shouldn't expect everyone else to have the same attitude about the job.
· A tendency to worry and fret can cause health problems even stomach ulcers. They may worry unduly about their health.
· Can be a little bit nit picking and be irritated far to easily.
· Makes for cautiousness and practicality. Work is not as important as attitude toward it.
· Security may be found in hard work.
· These people have high expectations and meet challenges, delays and difficulties at work.
· Efforts are rewarded by slow advancement.
· Probably work alone and behind the scenes. Won't moan about work just get on with it.
· You will gain confidence by your untiring efforts for perfection, and will gain much respect from co‑workers.

When I had T Saturn in 6th, my work slowed down to standstill. Remember planets are modified by sign, where they express are house and how they express are the *aspects*

Macy

Been hooked for decades....thx for posting.

Anyone else out there have interesting issues with saturn transiting the 6th? How was your health? :bandit:

bittermoon

When Saturn transited through my 6th house I felt really stuck at my job. I was afraid I wouldn't find something else so I hung in there even though it almost literally sucked the life out of me. Most of my energy was spent on anger, some of it acted out.

Shortly after Saturn left, I quit my job without having another one and opened myself up to opportunities (not that I really had a choice) and good things started happening.

Not quite sure how this fits in with Saturn transiting my 6th house, but if I got anything out of it it's that I realised that I'm not meant to be working some boring, soul crushing, mind numbing job.

Macy

Thanks Bittermoon! Did you have any health effects? It sounds like your transit was mostly about about your job. Mine feels very focused on health, so far. But who knows, it could incorporate both health and job. Unfortunately, my 6/12 house axis is rather large - from 7 libra to 23 scorpio. Huge. I don't think I'm going to get out of this until late 2014.

I guess I'll be an expert on saturn transit 6th by the time it's over! :pouty:

bittermoon

The stress at work affected my health, for sure. I was constantly running on empty. Being angry and tired all the time takes a lot of energy. I am trying to remember now when it was that I was put on AD. I was not depressed, I was burnt out so I stopped taking them after a few months and then it took me 6(!) months to taper off and get clean. That was one of the worst periods of my life. But for the life of me, I cannot remember if this was just before Saturn visited my 6th house or when it was transiting. That whole time period is very blurry to me. Sorry.

Inside Out Orange

Just beginning my stint with saturn in the 6th house ... difficult to separate it from other transits but ...

So far I think I'm becoming more work-oriented than I have been in a long time. Just working a lot harder in all aspects of my life to cover off all the details.

Have begun a giant "spring clean" of my home, throwing out many outdated items (not sure whether that is saturn).

Healthwise ... I've been good so far. I've always had a strong constitution although this year has been slightly dodgy. But all in all I'd guess my health is in the top 1% of the population.

Generally though I get on well with saturn. Probably because it squares my mercury so I already think in structured terms and I have a Cappy midheaven that like structure and doing things properly.

I'm sure there'll be some challenges along the way (not least when it conjuncts Uranus & squares midheaven next month!). I think my bigger worry is saturn crossing the descendent into the 7th ...

picolet

Hi there!
Saturn just left my 6th house this year. Last year, while it was in my 6th house I had both health and work issues. I developed adult onset asthma and later was laid off from work. This all happened within a month of each other, I was so overwhelmed!
Best of luck to you! It was difficult for me, I hope you will have an easier time with it.

Claire19

Macy
I Have it natally where you are talking about!!!. We need to see your whole chart to see what is going on in the 6th natally etc.

I have arthritis, allergy problems, joint pain etc... Kidney belongs to Venus and Libra really but it may indicate you need discipline with your health regime and diet and exercise which belongs to the 6th. Herbal preparations and organic vegies etc are beneficial. There can be issues wit your pets too. Aunts and Uncles can be involved in some way.

Claire19

Hi there!
Saturn just left my 6th house this year. Last year, while it was in my 6th house I had both health and work issues. I developed adult onset asthma and later was laid off from work. This all happened within a month of each other, I was so overwhelmed!
Best of luck to you! It was difficult for me, I hope you will have an easier time with it.
I hear you. When I had transit of Saturn through my 6th house, I lost work,
had health issues and lost a pet. It is supposed to mature us and toughen us up but it can be very hard. I have it natally on the 6th cusp and have had periods of unemployment all my life but also government work, had to learn to take care of my own everyday needs which is the lesson.

Frisiangal

It really does not boil down to just one transit, but the one transit from Saturn may tell you what it's all about!
How strongly is Saturn placed natally? How is it aspected? As Astrologer50 mentioned, little can be said if there is no chart to consult. Each chart is unique and because one person experiences a tranist in a particular manner does not mean that you will as well.

Saturn's position always refers to authority issues in dealing with reality situations. It has a tendency to harden and/or 'to turn to stone' if reality situations are difficult to accept and deal with. It's the 'final frontier' of the physical world, just as its rulership of the outer skin is the physical frontier of the body.
How good are you at being your own authority, taking responsibility for and looking after yourself, to protect yourself against outer invasion and onslaught from others?

The 6th house is not just the house of employment, service, and physical disorders. It also signifies in which way a person employs their own talent to serve/service themselves, which can keep dis-order of all kinds at bay. Your 6th house cusp is in Libra. What does that convey to you?

The 6th follows the 5th house. What has been happening whilst Saturn transited your 5th house in Virgo...THE sign of accurately dealing with the events of physical reality ? How you dealt with that period is going to influence the 6th house realm.

My example, as a guide.
It was many years ago, at age 45, with Saturn transiting my 5th house trine ruler Asc. and MC, that I found a part-time job that involved taking sole responsibity once the younger manageress's duty was over. I was into astrology, she was of the Uranus-Pluto in Virgo generation, so I tried to understand where/what/ why her 4 times a day phone calls to check 'how things were going' came from. Ultra critical to the Nth degree!
Pregnancy 'with complications' occured for which she was 'long-term sick', yet still phoned daily until I had to ask the regional manager (outer authority) to intervene to tell her that the part-time personnel were managing o.k. She returned after 2 years (maximum sick leave), worked for about 6 weeks, and took sick again (for(Virgo-ruled) intestinal disorder). In the intervening period my 'part-time' hours had gradually increased and I was the full-timer with maximum responsibility.

Two-and-a-half years from the time I had started working again, tr. Saturn moved across and dithered around my 6th house cusp. On its final pass I was offered the managerial position. I said I would take it only if I had the guarantee (Saturn?) that I would not be demoted or removed if/when the manageress was fit to work again. I was given the position; she returned eventually to work in another area.

What could have happened had I not 'taken care' of myself?:sick:

Nesher

Hi Macy,

I have Saturn transiting my 6th at the moment. I have another year or so before it moves into the 7th which from everything I've read doesn't sound that thrilling despite being told by an astrologer a few years ago that someone significant - a teacher of some sort may appear in my life.. or a person from my past. I'm not sure what other factors in my chart may have lead her to see this. Anyway I digress..... Saturn in the 6th has felt and been hard work.. health wise I think it can bring attention to the need to nurture yourself the best you can... if you are not looking after yourself the best way possible, then I think Saturn can make you look at this. I went through a very stressful time due to a relationship at the same time Saturn ventured into the 6th, so I got really run down and I took the opportunity to really work at my health, and luckily I knew how to do this as alternative healing and diet has been an important part of my well being for a good few years now. So eating really well, researching and taking the right supplements, which was 'work' and exercise (more work)... helped. I've had a few minor health concerns but nothing ( touch wood) that couldn't be managed... I think an awareness was brought to light about health. Also work wise, it's been a tiresome... I have been able to take time off and travel though, and plan to do this again in a month or two for a longer period - hopefully a year or so. I kept thinking Saturn wouldn't let me give up my job ( I work for myself)... and travel, then I started looking at it differently.... I've worked ( and am working ) really hard to be able to go traveling and my traveling is about getting myself strong and HEALTHY.... right now I'm exhausted, feel like I'm in a rut... not looking after myself the way I know I should and was last year.... so I figure hey, work and health, doesn't always have to fit inside the square box... I think it's about figuring out what is healthy for you..... (this can be hard work!) but I don't think it has to be a totally negative or heavy time...so try not to freak out... take charge of your health issues and use it as an opportunity to get strong. Best of luck.

picolet

I hear you. When I had transit of Saturn through my 6th house, I lost work,
had health issues and lost a pet. It is supposed to mature us and toughen us up but it can be very hard. I have it natally on the 6th cusp and have had periods of unemployment all my life but also government work, had to learn to take care of my own everyday needs which is the lesson.
Ahh, I know it's supposed to toughen us up, what doesn't kill us makes us stronger right? But I'm just feeling so drained overall! I'm sorry to hear it was so rough on you. At that time, Saturn was also opposing my sun. It was not fun times!

gemini59

Saturn in my sixth and in Virgo no less...was terrible as it aspected both moon, sun and jupiter.

Basal cell Skin cancer x2, hernia repair x2, ummm lost a love, conflict with co-workers...it was not pleasant. However, was able to turn my diet around and lost some weight and started a walking program.

Saturn in my chart is well placed and in fact the strongest planet in my chart in 10 and in Capricorn. Trines Pluto in the 6th but opposes mercury in the 4th.

Now Saturn in Libra may paint a different picture and if it aspects natals from the sixth that will tell a story too. LIbra illnesses are lower back, kidneys.

segurelha

When Saturn entered my sixth I became sick (with flu) very often, and so I took the decision to become a vegetarian (discipline=Saturn).

It was one of the best decisions I ever made.

I have been vegetarian almost every day for 7 years, sometimes still eat fish, and my life has been almost perfect ever since.

Betty F

Last time Saturn was in my 6th (Capricorn) I was working in a job I'd been at for years, had health insurance for the first time in my life, resolved chronic problems with my teeth (Saturn squares my Sun and MC, natally.)

One interesting event... as Saturn entered my 6th we had a new manager come in. About 2 years later, when Saturn was just behind my descendant, (and squaring my Sun and MC conjunction), he took a sudden and distinct dislike to me. He started restricting my shifts and I constantly felt insecure about my job while he blustered around the place pretending nothing was wrong, all buddy-buddy around other people. So, Saturn manifested that "hidden enemy" the ingress into the 7th produces.

I ended up quitting the job. (not enough work, not enough money) He ended up with a heart attack.

Last edited: