Your experience with the accuracy of horary astrology

RuledbySaturn

I have never done horary astrology but am curious about its use. If you have been doing horary astrology for a few years, can you share, from your personal experience, how accurate it has been for you - using a percentage?

For example, have the outcomes for you been 60% accurate? 90% accurate? etc. You can PM me as well if you don't want to post publically. Thanks.

[moved to Greenhorns Horary Board - Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

LillyLane

I have been using Horary for over a year now, off and on. I find that predictions are true. More often then not true....

RuledbySaturn

Well, I've used other forms of divinition, and I would say over a 3 and half year period I would rate the accuracy to be about 60%. I was wondering if horary would give me better results...

Last edited:

LillyLane

Well, I've used other forms of divinition, and I would say over a 3 and half year period I would rate the accuracy to be about 60%. I was wondering if horary would give me better results...

I would say give it a try you make an event chart not a natal. Also make one chart and no more then that.....try and see. Good luck.

LionKing

I have been doing the fascinating world of horary for a little over a year. I have bought the books of Anthony Louis, and Christian Astrology by William Lilly.

I have seen where missing people were. Found when packages would arrive. If I'd do well in court cases. A bunch of things using it and pretty shocked how accurate it is when done correctly.
V/r LionKing

katydid

If you go through the HORARY archives, you can get a very accurate picture of the way things pan out.
You will notice that there will be various interpretations, and usually they pretty much agree, but not always. With horary, it ALL depends upon the experience and judgement of the astrologer. It is a very intricate, complex art, and it is not 100%.
If you go thru the archives you can see for yourself how often they are correct. It is fascinating. I am learning a lot.

RuledbySaturn

Is horary astrology like psychic advice when one asks a question and get an answer, and one asks the same question say 6 months later, the answer is likely to change?

Or is it more definite and accurate, much like one's natal chart?

katydid

Is horary astrology like psychic advice when one asks a question and get an answer, and one asks the same question say 6 months later, the answer is likely to change?

Or is it more definite and accurate, much like one's natal chart?

it is more like natal, but just like natal, it depends upon how educated and talented the astrologer is. :cool:

Sunny

Hi, LionKing!
I have seen where missing people were.
That interests me, because trying to find missed people I found that this is the very difficult thing. Did you often this kind of research? There is a case for me that always since years ago is not solved.......:sad::sad:

Sunny

starlink

and one asks the same question say 6 months later, the answer is likely to change?

Yes, an outcome is indeed prone to change. The horary chart does show most immediate situations. However, on questions like : will I ever marry, I dont think that after six month a horary will all of a sudden show a yes, when before that, it was a no. With dates and such things yes, things might change or not. You can only find out when asking again I guess.:)

As for accuracy, I have been able to pinpoint an exact date for a new job half a year in advance, found lost items back, and could prognose relationships outcomes, job changes etc. But there have been also wrong diagnoses. Now this is possibly due to the fact that I am not a pro, only doing this now for 3 years. William Lilly I think got every answer right and I doubt I will ever be as good as he was.:). So I cannot put a % on this because it depends on the skill of the astrologer. I might get 60% right,another 90%. See what I mean?

Sunny

How can you find missing people or lost objects with Astrology? There must be much reasoning and intuition involved beyond a chart, or how is it?

No, only the chart tells us, what happened, how it was and where you can find the items lost, if the answer - and the chart gives always the answer if yes or no - authorizes it. There isn't so much intuition involved because you have to respect many rules before interpreting. The chart have to be radically, that's the first and the most important rule!
When you are learning with ancient astrologers you understand that at these times astrology did all for the human only by questioning with horary astrology: communication, medicine, questions for marriage and children, for income and inheritance, and so on. It has been very developped and therefore an astrologer was considered to be a wise and even religious man.

If you want to see more or even to learn it, have a look to William Lily and you'll find all you want to know.:wink:

Cheers
Sunny

starlink

How can you find missing people or lost objects with Astrology? There must be much reasoning and intuition involved beyond a chart, or how is it?

Hi Haizea. Indeed, in horary, as well as in natal actually, but not as necessary, intuition I think, plays a very strong part. Sometimes one planet is assigned to two different people or things. Say, you are the Moon as co-significator of the 1st house, this same moon is also used as a timing device and also showing us how a situation will develop by following the last aspects of the Moon before she leaves her sign. So you have to mentally switch from person, to time, to story development using the same plannet. So with timing, you have some rules, like angular, succedent and cadent places of the planets , as well as them being fixed, mutable or cardinal.

But sometimes that does not work. Following these rules strictly, you are given years, whilst you actually realize that that is not realistic in that particular question. So then your intuition comes in.

Or which planet to take for the wife, Saturn? or Venus. When she is cheated on, most likely Saturn, but if you see a good aspect between the 7th house ruler and Venus, it could also be Venus. Or you take the 1st house ruler and only give the Moon to the Querent or vice versa, depending how much focus there is on that wife .Your intuition will tell you which one.
progress.gif

Thanks everyone. When one becomes somewhat experienced, how long does it take to interpret a horary chart to arrive at an answer?

When you are fanatic, like I am:) then you can get quite good results after about half a year, but just starting out, following the rules ArcherGirl has put up for newcomers in the Education Board (have a look there) can already give you very much insight. Just go step for step, you will see, it works. Just know a few important things, like with the aspects. Always ONLY look at ingoing and outgoing, because in horary there are no exact aspects. Ingoing means "still to happen", outgoing shows that something lies in the past and thus can mean a NO answer.

Sunny

:biggrin: Starlink :biggrin:, yes, so it is!:biggrin:
But your intuition is due to your great experience and yes, astrology educates our intuition more and more.
This isn't contradictory with my first answer. In the beginning in our astrology studies our "intuition" can swift our mind away. I will say that very often, when beginners (and sometimes even non-beginners) cannot see or are not knowing all details in a chart, that then they have the tendancy to fill the space with their intuition.

When I interprete a chart I like to prove by what kind of position I got my point of view. Therefore intuition in the sens of guessing is not so much my way because I saw many astrologers doing so and going straight in the error. But when an astrologer does a mistake in his interpretation that can have awful and dangerous consequences.
But here, just like you explain, dear Starlink, I agree totally with you!:biggrin:

Cheers
Sunny

smilingsteph

I have had pretty good results with it.
I would say 80% right.
I asked if two friends would pass a test and the answers were right
I asked if I would find my planner (didnt find it) Fensi did a great job trying to help me (thanks) but since I moved now I am sure I dont have it
I asked if we would be moving and I got a yes and we did
I asked if my friend was pregnant and Saturn was in the first, it was a no and it was right

There were more but I feel like it is pretty accurate.

It would be nice for other members to at least tell us how we did at interpreting their Horary charts. Arggg!

LionKing

I believe we all share the same excitement when a valid chart makes a hit. Its funny sometimes when you argue against it... and the stars have a different answer and poof!! There it is.

I am a rule holder with the early degree and late degree. But even with malific planets in the 7th H (books have told me this is the astrologer) I'm very careful. William Lilly wrote a bunch of valid rules in his book.

I usually read a piece from his book before I sack out. But the thing that interests me as of late are the translation of light. Any thoughts on that?
V/r LionKing

Sunny

Yes, I do so, too. Also for the planetary hour, its compatibility with the ASC ruler or Triplicity ruler and so on. The translation of light, that's what I would also better understand. Here what I found:
"The light/virtue/influence of a significator is carried by a faster planet, such as the Moon, to another significator. Obviously, the planet which is carrying light must be faster than those it is translating from and to. The translator must be separating from the first significator and applying (...) to the second, that is it must be within the moiety of their orbs. ....." and so on. (in:The Traditional Astrologer - Issue 1 - 1993, p. 31 Glossary of Traditional Terms, compiled by Sue Ward & Carol Wiggers)
[if it is not allowed to copy, please, delete - thank you!!]

Sunny