relationship between Moon and Mercury?

YonyGursho

Okay, so as we all know the aspects of someone's chart represent the relationship between planets in their chart, but if the moon is our emotions and our mercury is our mind, and our moon always influences how we think (our mercury) then how come there's such thing as a natal chart that doesn't have any aspects between the chart holder's moon and mercury?

In fact, every natal planet has some relationship with every natal planet, because the condition of every natal planet in your chart determines the condition of all your other natal planets.

So in a way isn't every natal planet connected in that every natal planet's condition effects every other natal planet's condition, thus, isn't every natal planet technically aspected in a way?

katydid

Re: I don't understand this.

Okay, so as we all know the aspects of someone's chart represent the relationship between planets in their chart, but if the moon is our emotions and our mercury is our mind, and our moon always influences how we think (our mercury) then how come there's such thing as a natal chart that doesn't have any aspects between the chart holder's moon and mercury?

In fact, every natal planet has some relationship with every natal planet, because the condition of every natal planet in your chart determines the condition of all your other natal planets.

So in a way isn't every natal planet connected in that every natal planet's condition effects every other natal planet's condition, thus, isn't every natal planet technically aspected in a way?

Well, technically yes. Every natal planet is connected ,in some way, to all the others.

So to use your example, The Moon and Mercury, some natives may have a conjunction between the two. So if the native has the Moon conjunct Mercury in Capricorn, we may see someone who is very serious and ambitious, who thinks they are responsible for their friends and family and so they strive to attain the wealth to support them all.

Or they may have the Moon in Aries squaring their Mercury in Capricorn. So they may be independent and spontaneous, and their urge to forge their own path may motivate them to create their own life, separate from the limitations they thought their family was putting on them?

Now, you asked about charts where there was no major aspect between Mercury and the Moon? Sometimes there is no major aspect, but just a minor one. Sometimes there is no 'named' aspect between them.

But as you pointed out, there is still a 'relationship' between them. Not having an aspect is meaningful in itself. It can be a kind of disconnect. You may see someone with confusion about their 'head' vs 'their heart.'

The way to assess the 2 planets is by looking at the 2 signs they are placed in and the 2 houses.

Are the elements compatible or incompatible? Are the modes of the houses compatible or incompatible?

If someone has no aspect between Mercury and the Moon, but they are both in Water signs and mutable houses, for example, then they would be in harmony with each other, in general.

But if you have Mercury in Air and Moon in Water, and Mercury in cadent house, and the Moon in a cardinal house, then there is some potential conflict. :whistling:

JUPITERASC

Okay, so as we all know the aspects of someone's chart
represent the relationship between planets in their chart, but
if the moon is our emotions
and our mercury is our mind, and
our moon always influences how we think (our mercury)
then how come there's such thing as a natal chart
that doesn't have any aspects between the chart holder's moon and mercury?
Even if Moon and Mercury are not in aspect
the rulers of the signs in which Moon and Mercury are located
may be in aspect :smile:
or
Moon and Mercury may be connected by antiscia
and so on

JUPITERASC

In fact, every natal planet has some relationship with every natal planet,
because the condition of every natal planet in your chart
determines the condition of all your other natal planets.
That's a broad generalisation
and
generalisation is fun but unreliable

ie.
the condition of a natal planet that is not located in its own sign
is determined by
the condition of the natal planet that rules the sign that planet IS located in :smile:

JUPITERASC

So in a way isn't every natal planet connected
in that every natal planet's condition
effects every other natal planet's condition,
thus,
isn't every natal planet technically aspected in a way?
not all natal planets are necessarily in aspect in every natal chart
these are the possible aspects:

i8ihkMV.png

there are multiple ways in which natal planets may have a connection that is not by aspect :smile:

for example:
Mercury may be in the TERMS aka BOUNDS of the Moon
Moon may be in the TERMS aka BOUNDS of Mercury
and so on

essential_dignities_table.jpg

YonyGursho

not all natal planets are necessarily in aspect in every natal chart
these are the possible aspects:

i8ihkMV.png

there are multiple ways in which natal planets may have a connection that is not by aspect :smile:

for example:
Mercury may be in the TERMS aka BOUNDS of the Moon
Moon may be in the TERMS aka BOUNDS of Mercury
and so on

essential_dignities_table.jpg

I still don't get how they aren't aspects if aspects are literally just relationships. Unless you mean that aspects are just somehow connected in ways that they have actual relationships and other things don't somehow? I don't know.

JUPITERASC

I still don't get how they aren't aspects
if aspects are literally just relationships.
Unless you mean that aspects are just somehow connected
in ways that they have actual relationships
and other things don't somehow? I don't know.
Take time to absorb the information
and
as BobZemco advises
R.S.V.P. = Read,Study & Vigilantly Practice :smile:

ruler-of-the-moon.jpg

ruler-of-the-ascendant.jpg

greybeard

What if...

We said, Moon is in a certain aspect to Mercury...
And, Moon beholds no aspect to Mercury...
And for each of these conditions we provided a description of effects.

Each of these conditions is, or passes through, a phase in the Lunar-Mercurial cycle. So none of these positions is without meaning within the cycle.

Nothing that exists is without meaning, purpose.

One meaning of "not in aspect" is...These two energies, in their relationship to each other, are not brought to focus in this life. They are there, present, but not emphasized.

Instead of trying to force the horoscope, relax. Let the chart talk to you on its own terms.

There are many kinds of relationship between planets; aspects are not the only game in town.

Last edited:

YonyGursho

Well, technically yes. Every natal planet is connected ,in some way, to all the others.

So to use your example, The Moon and Mercury, some natives may have a conjunction between the two. So if the native has the Moon conjunct Mercury in Capricorn, we may see someone who is very serious and ambitious, who thinks they are responsible for their friends and family and so they strive to attain the wealth to support them all.

Or they may have the Moon in Aries squaring their Mercury in Capricorn. So they may be independent and spontaneous, and their urge to forge their own path may motivate them to create their own life, separate from the limitations they thought their family was putting on them?

Now, you asked about charts where there was no major aspect between Mercury and the Moon? Sometimes there is no major aspect, but just a minor one. Sometimes there is no 'named' aspect between them.

But as you pointed out, there is still a 'relationship' between them. Not having an aspect is meaningful in itself. It can be a kind of disconnect. You may see someone with confusion about their 'head' vs 'their heart.'

The way to assess the 2 planets is by looking at the 2 signs they are placed in and the 2 houses.

Are the elements compatible or incompatible? Are the modes of the houses compatible or incompatible?

If someone has no aspect between Mercury and the Moon, but they are both in Water signs and mutable houses, for example, then they would be in harmony with each other, in general.

But if you have Mercury in Air and Moon in Water, and Mercury in cadent house, and the Moon in a cardinal house, then there is some potential conflict. :whistling:

I get it now. Thank you!

So if I have no aspect between my moon and Saturn, then it would mean there is some confusion about the relationship between my heart and my work ethic/maturity?

Last edited:

rahu

Banned

I get it now. Thank you!

So if I have no aspect between my moon and Saturn, then it would mean there is some confusion about the relationship between my heart and my work ethic/maturity?

there are also midpoints between each planet. so if you are concerned how two planets interact ,you can calculate the midpoint and see the dynamics to this point which symbolizes of the characteristics of both planets

then following quantum theory, every particle in the universe is connected to every other particle in the universe, so there is a connection between every planetary pair no matter what the dictates of astrology acknowledge
https://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63539

rahu