Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm

Tandy

Banned
-(Winston Churchill)
subtitle Mars/Jupiter aspects

I’m interested in a discussion about Mars Jupiter aspects. Personally, I have the conjunction in Cancer in H10/11, and I actually feel that if I could sum up my life with just one aspect in my chart, this would be it. Only now that I’m older can I appreciate this aspect in retrospect. I have a night chart, so Mars is in sect, dignified by term and triplicty although in its fall. I see this as a mixed bag, which has produced mixed results. Looking back, regardless of results, that Mars Jupiter has driven me to adventure. When I was 18, I moved out of my family home after saving money up and took my first extended trip abroad. I wasn’t really able to not travel, even though it wasn’t exactly practical (maybe I should have been more interested in achieving goals, going to school, etc), I was so driven to simply see the world that I couldn’t stop myself. After that first experience, I was hooked, and spent the rest of my early 20s intermittently saving up money and going on long adventures. Once I “settled down” with a family, my focus shifted from travel to entrepreneurial projects. I started my first business while my kids were tiny (a toy product that I designed and manufactured and sold to local shops). That business was “successful” in that I had happy customers and a bit of a following, but it taught me that there is only one thing that drives businesses, and that’s money. I never made any at that point, just pumped any revenue back into manufacture. Anyway, now I’m on the verge (in the next 5 years) of starting a big risk type business, that is pretty much what I’ve been building up to my whole life. At this point, I understand how incredibly important failure is, and I’m not at all afraid to fail, and I’m owing all of this to my Mars conjunct Jupiter. The heady thing here is that, all the knowledge you gather along the way can never be taken from you, and eventually, with enthusiasm, you find a way to succeed, for the pure joy of trying, of scaling that mountain, and tumbling back down, looking up at it again for a better footing. Just thought I’d share my experience with this conjunction. Please add your experience with Mars/Jup if you’d like. I’m curious if other Mars/Jup people can relate...

I think it's an Aries Mars signature in a chart - strong bold Mars with a Jupiter. I know a few Aries who are the epitimy of ignorance is bliss. They really think every new moment is a new opportunity to prove themselves. Love it, right? I remember playing backgammon with my Aries sun mercury with moon in Sag fiancé and he was down so low - about to lose the whole game - and only a pair of double 6's would even barely save him and he said "this is my last chance!" and he rolled double 6's and stayed in the game. I still won the game but I never again doubted his belief in himself.

StelliumNoise

Mars conjunct Jupiter may have the tendencies to glamorize struggle while struggling very differently than those who do not have the placement. The term "nothing more than you can bear" is relevant when we speak about astrological energy which is the energy that controls your consciousness

conspiracy theorist

Mars conjunct Jupiter may have the tendencies to glamorize struggle while struggling very differently than those who do not have the placement. The term "nothing more than you can bear" is relevant when we speak about astrological energy which is the energy that controls your consciousness

What differences do you think this energy signature would make in regard to the kind of struggles they face vs. some other energy signature?

Gemini888

You are starting to sound like that person we talked about in the intelligence thread. Mars - Jupiter has tremedous faith in their action. They believe that nothing will work out unless you do something. I'm glad you also has some Virgo placements to help you balance faith and practicality. One of Jupiter's biggest fitfalls is the overconfidence in itself.

StelliumNoise

What differences do you think this energy signature would make in regard to the kind of struggles they face vs. some other energy signature?

I think we have to understand that not everyone goes through the same magnitude of struggles. We also need to understand (or you can choose to ignore if this doesn't fit your religious beliefs) that our chart is a representation of our soul energy, gifts and karmic curses.

I think Mars conjunct Jupiter is a gift. And its a good placement for Earth, but also a privileged placement. And how do we feel about the standards of the privileged?

You could come off as an ahole. I know people with Jupiter in the first house have issues with people because...Jupiter is in the first. And Mars rules the first house so theres clearly some relevance here

Starsareround

That’s a great point. Also among the less favorable results: addiction, recklessness, compulsive behavior. I think Jupiterians are fairly easy to despise, if one is so inclined.

katydid

Absolutely Stars. I have Mars trine Jupiter, and unlike a lot of other folks, I don't have a lot of trines, but many, many squares. So I tend to appreciate what I do have.

In the darkest points and recesses of my life, that trine was a gift to take the past, always learn from it from a practical and philosophical perspective, to never blame or become bitter, rather maximize each learning experience, then, to face the future with realistic optimism.

The easiest example I can think of is the case of Natascha Kampusch, a girl locked in a cellar for 8 years. Many would have had severe psychological problems after such a turn of events, when they were young and the most vulnerable. After being freed and facing the death of her abuser, was she bitter? No. She turned the situation around (book and film rights of £6 million), and was able to make very wise, nuanced and philosophical comments typical of Mars Jupiter on their 'relationship'. Adding, "Nevertheless, you will be sure to never see me cry in public or collapse sobbing." Not every victim will fare the same, at all.

The conjunction has been linked with many athletes. The square tend to produce many entrepreneurs due to the innate risk taking involved. But it becomes a problem in their personal lives, as they can't seem to control their (sexual) urges.

The courage is innate. It's a gift that shouldn't be wasted.

I can totally relate to the above. I also have Mars trine Jupiter. Jupiter in Taurus, Mars in Cap in my 8th.

And like you, I have very few trines, and many squares. I have a natal Fixed Grand cross. So my trines are precious to me, lol/

My Jupiter is in the 12th, but just 2 degrees from the Ascendant. So I have always felt it was like a safety net, tossed to me in the sea of turmoil, which allowed me to stay afloat, at least spiritually and philosophically, in difficult times.

Even when things were at the worst, lowest point, I always had a deep sense of faith, that it would always work out, somehow, some way.

Also, I have been incredibly lucky and blessed. So many 'miraculous' twists of fate. I see that as my 12th house Jupiter in Taurus, perhaps. Like a Guardian Angel, waiting in the wings.

Last edited:

conspiracy theorist

I think we have to understand that not everyone goes through the same magnitude of struggles. We also need to understand (or you can choose to ignore if this doesn't fit your religious beliefs) that our chart is a representation of our soul energy, gifts and karmic curses.

I think Mars conjunct Jupiter is a gift. And its a good placement for Earth, but also a privileged placement. And how do we feel about the standards of the privileged?

You could come off as an ahole. I know people with Jupiter in the first house have issues with people because...Jupiter is in the first. And Mars rules the first house so theres clearly some relevance here

You have no obligation to answer this question if you don't want to, but what did you study in university?

Do you have mars in your mid heaven? I actually relate as my Moon squares my midheavan. It’s very uncomfortable to fail, but my point is that the point (ha!) of failure is not to give up, but to grow from it. Any big opportunity for growth is a huge gift, even if it feels like �� lol

It’s possible to succeed big without ever knowing big failure, but it’s unlikely and usually requires wealthy parents lol (I’m speaking specifically about Jupiterian pursuits here, things involving risk)

I know exactly how you feel, my moon also squares my Midheaven. But to make it worse, my midheaven is in capricorn, so my moon (my feelings) are very hurt when my public image/reputation/status (midheaven) is impacted badly in public areas where it's the professional area (capricorn).

It doesnt help either that my moon is very emotionally weak due to it being in pisces and in the 12th, and it having no aspects that grant ANY emotional strength whatsoever. And water on the moon is all about ZERO emotional strength lol.

I also have mars in pisces in 12th and saturn in 1st. Both of which are badly aspected too. And only good placements I have in my entire chart are venus in sagittarius in the 9th, jupiter in aries in the 1st, mercury in capricorn in the 10th, and ascendant in aries. But even with all of those good placements, I am still the only person I have ever seen who completely lacks a decent sense of humor. Which goes to show just how powerful my moon and saturn are in their ability to prevent me from being able to positively think.

Last edited: