Random Thoughts, strictly Text

conspiracy theorist

@Osa

Said poster could easily respond to our disparaging comments. They are public domain. There has been similar sort of posting in this thread, but no mod action. Why the inconsistency?

I started a lot of important business during the last retrograde period. Signed a couple of contracts, too. Only one of the many partnerships have fell through from that time, but others are still going strong. In the world we live in, a lot happens in one month. I don't think it's realistic to stop activity because of the Mercury transit

petosiris

Banned
@Osa

Said poster could easily respond to our disparaging comments. They are public domain. There has been similar sort of posting in this thread, but no mod action. Why the inconsistency?

I started a lot of important business during the last retrograde period. Signed a couple of contracts, too. Only one of the many partnerships have fell through from that time, but others are still going strong. In the world we live in, a lot happens in one month. I don't think it's realistic to stop activity because of the Mercury transit

My faith in astrologers has been restored.

Cold Fusion

Bible says this - somethings are predetermined before the foundation of the world - like the Messiah and his kingdom. Other things are left to our rational choice - people could choose the Lord or Baal - 1 Kings 18:21.

Why can't people choose a moral code, like say the Golden Rule instead of a master?

petosiris

Banned
Why can't people choose a moral code, like say the Golden Rule instead of a master?

Because we are limited creatures that will never be lords as false religions will have it. A simple look at the vastness of the universe and reasoning will immediately humble people before the Creator - Romans 1.

Cold Fusion

Because we are limited creatures that will never be lords as false religions will have it. A simple look at the vastness of the universe and reasoning will immediately humble people before the Creator - Romans 1.

I didn't say anything about being a lord. It's about free will. Everyone should have free will.

petosiris

Banned
I didn't say anything about being a lord. It's about free will. Everyone should have free will.

No, you said

We are either slaves to God, or we aren't, in that case we are slaves to evil. We choose in either case.

Cold Fusion

? It’s been a long time since I was in Sunday school, but the monotheistic God of those books is omnipresent, omniscient, and eternal. Omnipresence gets to all matter.

But "God" is one, hence monotheistic.

pan·the·ism
/ˈpanTHēˌizəm/
noun
noun: pantheism

1. 1.
    a doctrine which identifies God with the universe, or regards the universe as a manifestation of God.
  2. 2.
    worship that admits or tolerates all gods

ynnest

i wouldn't say it's entirely off the table, regarding this thread. :biggrin:

I mean logically in most cases something that is off the table ends up on the floor/ground if you are not sitting on some cloud in heaven in which it may end up on/in the cloud.

But I heard som radicals equalize clouds with normal kitchen floors!

Yeah I know, it sounds insane!

Y

ynnest

But I also heard some of those radicals argue that if something is off the table on a cloud it may be pulled down to the ground by gravity!

Insane logic!

Y

ynnest

But I also heard some of those radicals argue that if something is off the table on a cloud it may be pulled down to the ground by gravity!

Insane logic!

Y

They even say that something that is off the table can be in trees and at other places because if its off the table then it can potentially be everywhere it potentially can be except on the table!

Y

petosiris

Banned
Too bad for me. I had got to wondering whether you take a position that requires distinguishing monotheism from pantheism, and if so where you would draw the lines.

I would say that panentheism could be very close to monotheism, but some forms of pantheism are more compatible with animistic or polytheistic beliefs, and far from the God of Abraham.

petosiris

Banned
Separate random thought
Now, God's spirit is given in different measure and with different gifts. This is how the invisible and immortal God interacts with the world. There are two opposing views on God's holy spirit in Unitarian religions. The first view says that it was created on the first day, perhaps after God's Word, and that it only acts as God's representative, the second view says that these are not distinct persons, but the spirit is rather the personal operational force of God. The first is more compatible with classical monotheism, the latter with panentheism, I am not sure myself which is more compatible with the Bible. Both views were held among the Jews (this is not a trinitarian question) and the early Christians. Like Sir Isaac Newton, I consider this question along with an entirely human Jesus an adiophoron (indifferent).

Last edited:

david starling

Separate random thought
Now, God's spirit is given in different measure and with different gifts. This is how the invisible and immortal God interacts with the world. There are two opposing views on God's holy spirit in Unitarian religions. The first view says that it was created on the first day, perhaps after God's Word, and that it only acts as God's representative, the second view says that these are not distinct persons, but the spirit is rather the personal operational force of God. The first is more compatible with classical monotheism, the latter with panentheism, I am not sure myself which is more compatible with the Bible. Both views were held among the Jews (this is not a trinitarian question) and the early Christians. Like Sir Isaac Newton, I consider this question an adiophoron (indifferent).

What's your opinion on the Unitarian Universalist religion?