Where is it going all wrong?

ShankarInTrouble

Greetings everyone,

Hope you are doing great :)

Over the last three years, I've been characterized by a lack of energy, drive and ambition. I've seen myself transform from a cheerful, enthusiastic person to someone who loathes planning new things and meeting new people. I've seen my craze for watching cricket and football turn into absolute disinterest in the game(s), even when I have nothing else to do.

I've broken up with a girl whom I was crazy about 4 years back and had a successful relationship with for 2 years. Why? Because, I just don't "feel" it in the relationship anymore.

This has also been a time where I've been marked with notable absent mindedness, a lack of ability to retain information(which, btw, has seen me metamorphose into a below par student from a class topper before)

To put it shortly, I just feel that I've lost myself somewhere, to endure a rather insipid life, characterised by lack of drive and enthusiasm.
I've always been an optimistic person, or rather put, a non-pessimistic person and that's probably why I haven't been down and out totally.

Is there an end to this, I don't know. All I know is that this "transition" was pretty abrupt, happened in the course of January to February 2012 and I've stayed this way ever since, just that the "transition" is better appreciated by me now, more than ever before.

Is it due to a harsh transit? Is it due to the influence of an external entity, aka, spirits or black magic?

Will totally appreciate your insights.

Thanks in advance.

"Here is my chart"

Attachments

• Chart.gif
    Chart.gif
    53.6 KB · Views: 50

Kitchy

Banned
Greetings everyone,

Over the last three years, I've been characterized by a lack of energy, drive and ambition. I've seen myself transform from a cheerful, enthusiastic person to someone who loathes planning new things and meeting new people. I've seen my craze for watching cricket and football turn into absolute disinterest in the game(s), even when I have nothing else to do.

I've broken up with a girl whom I was crazy about 4 years back and had a successful relationship with for 2 years. Why? Because, I just don't "feel" it in the relationship anymore.

This has also been a time where I've been marked with notable absent mindedness, a lack of ability to retain information(which, btw, has seen me metamorphose into a below par student from a class topper before)

To put it shortly, I just feel that I've lost myself somewhere, to endure a rather insipid life, characterised by lack of drive and enthusiasm.
I've always been an optimistic person, or rather put, a non-pessimistic person and that's probably why I haven't been down and out totally.

Is there an end to this, I don't know. All I know is that this "transition" was pretty abrupt, happened in the course of January to February 2012 and I've stayed this way ever since, just that the "transition" is better appreciated by me now, more than ever before.

Is it due to a harsh transit? Is it due to the influence of an external entity, aka, spirits or black magic?

Thanks in advance.

"Here is my chart"

Apathy is an indication of depression. The funny / not so funny thing about depression is that the once-not-depressed-active person often can't fathom what that means, so when they exhibit all of the manifests of depression - they often don't recognize it from the happy-go-luck vibrant personality they are/were/want to be again.

This sounds like a jupiter-saturn issue to me, with moon attached.

So now I look at chart -

Sun is opposing Saturn which definitely drains the spirit. Usually because while we were Sunning, there were things we didn't deal with, Saturn things - obligations, responsibility, management - of our personal matters that determine our selves.

Moon is trining Jupiter, so you maintain hope and optimism in spite of what's going on.

Mars is squaring Uranus and Neptune - so within this double force, are issues of you not doing what you want to do - what you are inspired to do.

9th house ruler of academia, Mercury - is at odds with your moon, your emotional needs and Uranus and Neptune as well - all going back to that Mars and what you aren't doing that you want to be doing.

Sun Merc Venus transiting your first of self-expression and how you see yourself in the world - that's the ticket.

Jupiter seems to be the pay-off in 12th by transit right now - all things you have suppressed are blown out of proportion.

Let that Sun Merc Venus in 1st determine a master plan of doing what you really want to do and then when Jupiter moves through 12th to 1st, it might be realized.

graay ghost

Pluto transiting your IC happened around January 2012.

What you are describing sounds like classic depression. Sometimes something sets it off, like a family death, but it might also happen for no reason. But if it's been going on this long it's not going to go away on its own... You should go to a doctor.

ShankarInTrouble

9th house ruler of academia, Mercury - is at odds with your moon, your emotional needs and Uranus and Neptune as well - all going back to that Mars and what you aren't doing that you want to be doing.

I'm only wondering how long this would continue to do so. I'm currently stalling my future career plans only because I wouldn't want to work on them, when I'm at best, mediocre.

Something I would like to stress upon is that Its curious to see that my ability of retention of information has dipped to such an extent that I can actually see that it has dipped.

And all medical tests done, no medical reason for it whatsoever, but doctors do acknowledge that I fall under the category of people with average memory(just above the class of people who have serious memory problems, like the ones having issues like schizophrenia or Alzheimer's) Most of the "normal" people in the world, probably a 90% of the people reading this, will fall under the category of having 'good' memory.

Lack of energy or interest is something I can deal with, as I've been doing so, but it's been really difficult to complete my degree with below par memory and it is that which I'm more worried about.

Does the quote explain my slack in retention? Or is there anything else in my chart that does?

Is there an indication of improvement in the near future? If so, when can I expect it? Because, I do believe that this isn't going to be the case perennially.

Thanks for the insights :D

Last edited:

ShankarInTrouble

Pluto transiting your IC happened around January 2012.

What you are describing sounds like classic depression. Sometimes something sets it off, like a family death, but it might also happen for no reason. But if it's been going on this long it's not going to go away on its own... You should go to a doctor.

You're right graay ghost and Samantha Bean. I mean, I have consulted a number of doctors on the same when this phase kicked in, and I was diagnosed with depression.

I had taken to a lot of sessions as well on the same and if I'm right, things became pretty normal, as certified by the doctor during late 2013. I stopped taking to any medicines or sessions ever since, after the doctor cleared me of depression.

Although what I have mentioned at the start of the thread seems to be coming from someone under depression, I don't really think I'm depressed any more.

Externally, if you ask my parents or even my close friends, they would tell you that I'm totally fine, in fact, perfectly fine. What I am at a loss of words to explain is that it's how my perceptions and energy towards accomplishing things coupled with my below par retention and memory skills that have been worrying me. I'm only wondering if I can expect things to get better in the near future.

I've literally tried everything to make myself feel at ease and pep myself towards trying out all the things that I desire to do, but I just don't seem to have the wind in my favour, as I can put it.

Thanks for the reply, both of you :)

RaRohini

Hi !

As per vedic chart, the period you are mentioning comes under Ketu Mahadasha Venus Antardasha.
Ketu cuts off.. so there is an abrupt cut. It will however steer you towards your destiny even if it seems cruel. Your Rahu is in the 2nd house Dhana bhava and Libra Chitra the assembler sits there. Your Ketu 8th house has Aries Ashvini .
This may mean that you have to consult others and work on mutual partnerships. Aries succeeds on its own strength , the strength of one person. But now you are moving from Aries to Libra which teaches you the power of synergy.
So the happenings during the period taught you something.
Why did you break up with your girlfriend?
Also your Saturn is in Aquarius P.Bhadra in the 6th house of work. So there may be some bad vibes from someone. But if you are spiritually strong it cannot affect you.
God bless!

Kitchy

Banned
I'm only wondering how long this would continue to do so. I'm currently stalling my future career plans only because I wouldn't want to do it when I'm at best, mediocre.

Something I would like to stress upon is that Its curious to see that my memory and retention has dipped to such an extent that I can actually see for it myself.

Does that explain my slack in memory? Or is there anything else in my chart that does?

Is there an indication of improvement in the near future? If so, when? Because, I do believe that this isn't going to be the case perennially.

Thanks for the insights :D

The first matter to consider, truly, is if your apathy depression needs further looking into. The memory failure is common with depression. Dopamine is what yields interest and motivation, when it's low in the brain, it numbs things, renders them useless, including basic remembering. Sometimes, imbalances can be treated and a person can benefit immediately from a variety of the mental health choices and treatments for depression. I'd encourage you to get it checked out. They say "when you scratch the surface of depression, you'll find anger underneath." Anger is something that builds up when it's un-dealt with, it makes for a sad, powerless, depressed person.

That being said - jupiter is transiting close to conjunct your sun and then venus in the 12th house. you may find some peace of mind if you consider a break from your studies and find retreat - a place to rejuvinate when Jupiter contacts your sun and venus.

When Jupiter crosses your Asc in Libra sometime in next year, you might find new optimism and a bigger and better approach to your life.

Best to you.

ShankarInTrouble

Hi !

As per vedic chart, the period you are mentioning comes under Ketu Mahadasha Venus Antardasha.
Ketu cuts off.. so there is an abrupt cut. It will however steer you towards your destiny even if it seems cruel. Your Rahu is in the 2nd house Dhana bhava and Libra Chitra the assembler sits there. Your Ketu 8th house has Aries Ashvini .
This may mean that you have to consult others and work on mutual partnerships. Aries succeeds on its own strength , the strength of one person. But now you are moving from Aries to Libra which teaches you the power of synergy.
So the happenings during the period taught you something.
Why did you break up with your girlfriend?
Also your Saturn is in Aquarius P.Bhadra in the 6th house of work. So there may be some bad vibes from someone. But if you are spiritually strong it cannot affect you.
God bless!

Nice to get some insights from Vedic Astrology. Yes, I was just beginning my period of Shukra or Venus Anthardasha in my Ketu Dasha.

Ketu cuts off.. so there is an abrupt cut.

What exactly does that mean?

I did find out the hard way that I needed to work harder and work upon consultations through some of my experiences during this time.

Of course it did, it's been eye opening for me and yeah, a lot of people tell me I'm too mature for my age, in the good sense or the wrong, I'll leave it to you to take.

The breakup was mutual. I owe a lot to her because she saw me go through this phase, and yet chose to stay with me to endure it along with me. But yeah, having said that, it reached a stage where I didn't want her to go through this as well, as I realised I became too boring for her and as strange as it might sound, could only see the compassion in her making her stay with me rather than love. Sadly, I don't feel the need to spend time with people or plan things and that was probably the reason, coupled with the guilt that she isn't getting to enjoy or do what she deserves, owing to me, which led to our breakup. Both of us still totally respect each other.

I'm just glad that I never let this phase strain my relationship in any form, with my closest set of friends. I still like being around these people and this is probably one thing that still keeps me happy. It's been a good learning experience this.

Thanks for the response :D

ShankarInTrouble

The first matter to consider, truly, is if your apathy depression needs further looking into. The memory failure is common with depression. Dopamine is what yields interest and motivation, when it's low in the brain, it numbs things, renders them useless, including basic remembering. Sometimes, imbalances can be treated and a person can benefit immediately from a variety of the mental health choices and treatments for depression. I'd encourage you to get it checked out. They say "when you scratch the surface of depression, you'll find anger underneath." Anger is something that builds up when it's un-dealt with, it makes for a sad, powerless, depressed person.

That being said - jupiter is transiting close to conjunct your sun and then venus in the 12th house. you may find some peace of mind if you consider a break from your studies and find retreat - a place to rejuvinate when Jupiter contacts your sun and venus.

When Jupiter crosses your Asc in Libra sometime in next year, you might find new optimism and a bigger and better approach to your life.

Best to you.

Sure. What you say sounds reasonable. I guess some medical attention would help. I will give it a thought and put it across to my family and hopefully things will get better.

Thanks a lot for the time :)

Kitchy

Banned
Greetings everyone,

Thanks in advance.

"Here is my chart"

Family may choose toward denial or heritage resistance of this matter, but they will go along with it with the trines to your 12th (healing/spiritual replenishment) from your 4th.

Tell them you've run out of gas and need to refuel and take a break and get a tune-up - In USA, that means I am not working right anymore and need some time to rest and fix myself.

Take a break and let that 12th house retreat with Jupiter coming help you find the spiritual peace and place of mind for better.

If you can afford a 'way cay' - a vacation or trip away from home for at least a sextile cycle, trine even better, to 12th ruler Merc place - the future as you see it - as you see yourself as communicative and interested - do that.