I'm emotionally sensitive, is it mars in cancer?

Bradders

I feel constantly like my emotions are like a huge oceans flowing over me sometimes

Is it my mars in cancer? Lilith in pisces perhaps?

Attachments

• astro_w2at_01_brad_wilson.54882.28999.gif
    astro_w2at_01_brad_wilson.54882.28999.gif
    56.9 KB · Views: 75

SirHorns

Well your moon has major aspects with Mercury, Venus, Jupiter, Saturn, Pluto and Chiron.

Your Moon is in Aquarius, a sign that usually get's the description of being detached from emotions. Now that on TOP of Saturn conjunct your Moon, you're probably great in public working, but private emotional stuff is your Achilles heel. Aquarius energy wants to feel above emotion, not down in it. You also have Chiron opposing your moon, so when you focus on you, you might feel bad somewhat.

Since your Moon is in the 7th house, how do your emotions go when you're dating or with close friends?

Your Cancer Mars would be how your express the emotions, like anger, how you feel about them , etc would be more of the moon's territory.

Bradders

Thank you for the insight and the kind reading!

I actually feel I'm this really heartfelt person and I really know it? Like I am not at all well, it would be lying if yes, I am a person who tries to 'Always be above emotion', but my Leo, it's like sometimes, I can't let some stuff go you know?

Dating? Well, I am very talkative, prudent person. I can be relied on, I like to see my other as someone who is a extra sensitive special person in my life. Romantically, my romance style is Eros, the diehard hopeless romantic.

If you know hollywood, then yes, in all every romance novel you've seen, I'm dreaming up places to go, houses we'll live in, how we'll die together, I'm dreaming everything; I don't care if people are looking down at me because it is WHO I AM.

Close friends? Well I can be very outspoken, I am very innocent and vulnerable. I am usually like this with everyone though, even strangers because I just really feel things like my intuition? I meditate for ages a day and just know and see the inner connection within all of us. My aquarius moon shares and dances with my leo fieriness; my heartfelt feelings to treasure everlasting love; spirit.

I probably would not come across the least like a Capricorn, but when I get mad, my mother and I know that, I can talk down to people; I do it with innocent intent but I can be hella mean and critical. Mostly I am 'the one always with his heart on his sleeve, taking things personally; loving friends and life.' :)

Thats me! :)

Noel Eastwood

Premium Member
I feel constantly like my emotions are like a huge oceans flowing over me sometimes

Bradders, SirHorns said it nicely, your Moon in Aquarius in the 7th House, is under pressure to remain calm. It is conjunct Saturn and Venus also in Aquarius in the 7th. This suggests that sometimes you say too much then feel you shouldn't have said anything.

Your Sun is in Capricorn, cautious and not so comfortable sharing your feelings. So we start to see a conflict forming in your chart.

Your Sun has only the single aspect to Jupiter, and that is a difficult Square aspect. This suggests that there are self esteem things you can work on to help you feel more comfortable in yourself. Leo is your Ascendant and this wants to be bright and cheerful, happy and joyful, yet these other aspects tend to make you feel a bit flat when you want to be boyant.

You have enormous potential in love, all that activity in your 7th House. You are obviously very funny and a pleasure to be with, you are generous and always trying to make people smile and be cheerful. You attract positive people to you.

You do need to do some work on yourself to help manage all that energy and tendency to worry that Moon in Aquarius sometimes brings. For starters I suggest that you begin to meditate, your Moon and Sun are two great archetypes to begin with.

I hope that helps you a bit, we didn't get to Chiron in your first House, but that can come later.

Bradders

Thank you Noel Eastwood!

I actually meditate very religiously and have done for many years. :) But yes I tend to have a deep sense of commitment and compassion for the slights of others, I also do tend to wear my heart on my sleeve and am starting to think to myself recently I need to dissapear and only deal with my feelings on my own as I say alot of things when I am 'at the mercy of my feelings'.

I am also taking the time to escape my duties to go on a hiatus from my responsibilities recently so this is now only starting to play out as I'm usually very engaged in my hobbies, in communitites, friends, but I am only just starting to ripple from all this so I can be simply with nature again, music and center myself.

Yes, I happen to be a very hopeless romantic. :) I am very big hearted, my aquarius moon or aquarius tends to make me think of alot of humanitarian things; welll, focusing on myself hasn't always been simple!

Thanks!

Noel Eastwood

Premium Member
Bradders, that Leo Ascendant can make things interesting, with such optimism and generosity, the Sun shining out of your smile, but inside it can sometimes feel lonely. Capricorn Sun square Jupiter, 6th House of responsibility, you give and give and give but maybe others seem to think that because you are always so positive you don't need them to give back to you.

I am looking at your Chiron in Leo, in your 2nd House of security, it opposes your mini stellium of Moon, Venus and Saturn. It shows your wound may relate to love, nurturing and security, in fact these go hand in hand anyway. If we also add the Moon conjunct Saturn then we have a difficult childhood where nurturing may have been a consequence of following the rules. Maybe conditional love.

You may now seek to find nurturing outside yourself, in others, a partner, and thats normal and what we do, and if this happens then you are a lucky person. I am going to suggest that you also find it within, in your meditations, specifically for developing self love. It heals so much more, and is available 24x7.

emily23

Mars in cancer is definitely a sensitive placement
Ihave it too
Everytime you move or take action caring protective cancer comes into play wit its desire to act but not do anything wrong or hurt anyone, thats bloody hard

Even when driving Im over cautious, it can be debilitating BUT nothing canbeat mars in cancer when our claws are out and we know where where we are going, we also have the quick side step lol

im talking ****, best go to bed he he

Bradders

Bradders, that Leo Ascendant can make things interesting, with such optimism and generosity, the Sun shining out of your smile, but inside it can sometimes feel lonely. Capricorn Sun square Jupiter, 6th House of responsibility, you give and give and give but maybe others seem to think that because you are always so positive you don't need them to give back to you.

I am looking at your Chiron in Leo, in your 2nd House of security, it opposes your mini stellium of Moon, Venus and Saturn. It shows your wound may relate to love, nurturing and security, in fact these go hand in hand anyway. If we also add the Moon conjunct Saturn then we have a difficult childhood where nurturing may have been a consequence of following the rules. Maybe conditional love.

You may now seek to find nurturing outside yourself, in others, a partner, and thats normal and what we do, and if this happens then you are a lucky person. I am going to suggest that you also find it within, in your meditations, specifically for developing self love. It heals so much more, and is available 24x7.

Yes I feel that way exactly. My youth was extremely problematic and traumatic: I had a narcissistic brother who had everything he ever wanted; he traumatized me out of my small frame to do whatever he wanted which was stealing from stores, throwing stones at people's windows late at night, skipping school for months to go joyriding with my father because he didn't go to school because the father refused to have him go; even now it affects my make up, but it did aid me somehow becoming the experienced artist I am now. It took entering the wound, thus where my chiron in 2nd house had itself to the possessions of art and money where I am soon to use these artistic inclinations for online art commissioning and support from my work.

It took meditation, if anything I had a very spiritual adolescence because I sought to rid myself of how I lost out in school ( I was diagnosed with Aspergers syndrome and my old school wouldn't take me because my father died at 13 and I wasn't in school for 3 years, basically I have no qualifications )

I've used spirituality to deal with these wounds. My mother was always this macho figure in my life and not just cause my dad wasn't around, she went and did what she wanted; I felt at the mercy of how my life turned out and it's taken much sacrifice, forgiveness and pain to struggle. I was very, very suicidal. God and meditation was my only source of healing, as I couldn't seem to speak to therapists of my mental state at all: Chiron moon I know again.

Astrology also helps because it helps me give some framework since I entered all these feelings at a early age, but it gave rise to the lionine confidence, forthrightness, although it's been hard, my inner artist was hindered. I felt afraid of being a artist, I felt it wouldn't help me deal with my life but I've never been emotionally understood. I actually have given up on understanding my mother altogether because she is so 'Far out there' in perception, we'll never see eye to eye.

But thanks. It's nice to know since I am still a budding astrologer it's nice to understand my past and what happened. For many years I had such a confused sense of self until I entered the self acknowledgement period of my meditation: I felt at the mercy of my feelings, like they never made sense, like I was irrational, but I know it's all my parenting.

Otherwise, it's solutions over problems and understanding over fear and hate. It's the only real way to win.

Yes I did feel like I gave alot, I feel often I was sincere and honest and there is not a sense of being a victim, but being excessively attacked and not noticed for my understanding, my contributions, but this mostly I think comes out of the fact when I give, I don't expect to get things: But I have forgiven the people who hurt me who turned out to just be misunderstood people; well, often yes, my family, past is convoluted. Spirituality is my one true healing, my lord and the angels above my healers; guardians and without them I wouldn't have survived.

Thank you once more. :)

PS: Thank you Emily for the empathy!

Last edited:

Noel Eastwood

Premium Member
Bradders, thanks for going so deeply into your life, now I am starting to understand a little more. Meditation has been your saviour then, well done mate, its a magical tool to go within to find salvation, healing and purpose. I would like to give you a meditation I use with clients and myself, in situations like this its magic, it helps a lot.

You imagine going into your inner world, to your 'emotional self', he will look just like you. One way to initiate this meditation is to imagine what you were doing yesterday, then go back in time and visit him, say hi and ask him if its OK to give him a hug. When you give him a hug, feel it, and I mean really feel it, feel the textures, warmth, and hug him tight. Tell him you will never leave or abandon him, that he doesn't have to carry those burdens alone anymore.

What happens is that you engage more of your unconscious resources than ever before. That facet of your unconscious we call 'emotions', is very important, giving your inner self a hug is very healing. When I do this with clients they nearly always cry, its not sad tears, its tears of relief.

Once you visit your inner world, you can't abandon it, keep visiting over and over, your inner or emotional self knows you better than you do, he has insight that you can't get any other way.

Good luck and let me know how it goes, and thanks.

reddaisy

a good friend of mine has a mars in cancer. he's actually leo sun and taurus moon but he's soo shy and emotional. the thing is, he wants to hide it because of his leo ego... he has big musscles and works really hard ... but when someone challenges him, he's like a young boy who doesn't know how to react and just wants to hide. also he likes boobs and cuddles.

then there's also a guy i know who has sun leo moon libra and mars cancer. he's a mama's boy, a boob lover and also hiding his sensitivity under a mask of leo.

both of them look younger than they really are... they have that childish-innocent babyface.

muchacho

I don't know, with an Aquarius Moon and a Capricorn Sun and Leo rising, one would expect the opposite. Are you sure that's the correct chart? Or do you mean that too much emotions are just a bit annoying? Because that would make some sense given your chart.

Noel Eastwood

Premium Member
a good friend of mine has a mars in cancer. he's actually leo sun and taurus moon but he's soo shy and emotional. the thing is, he wants to hide it because of his leo ego... he has big musscles and works really hard ... but when someone challenges him, he's like a young boy who doesn't know how to react and just wants to hide. also he likes boobs and cuddles.

then there's also a guy i know who has sun leo moon libra and mars cancer. he's a mama's boy, a boob lover and also hiding his sensitivity under a mask of leo.

both of them look younger than they really are... they have that childish-innocent babyface.

that certainly can be seen as Mars in Cancer. When a Fire planet is in a Water House it makes it very hard for it to express its true intentions. Mars loves to express physically and excitedly, but Water will sometimes quench it. I think what you described is exactly what can happen.

Not all Mars in Cancer will act like that though, it depends on Mars' House placement, how close it is to the Angles of the chart, and other planetary aspects.

Noel Eastwood

Premium Member
Why do we keep calling Mars a "fire planet"? It also rules Scorpio, a water sign.

That is a good point, modern rulerships gives Pluto rulership over Scorpio, and I just can't see Mars acting in any other way than firey.

Mars in Scorpio is quite a different thing to Cancer, however the emotional impact is enormous if poorly placed or aspected and highlights Mars in Water

Mars in a Water sign can be emotional if it is poorly placed or aspected. It is still quite functional however if it is well aspected.

I hope that helps explain what I am trying to say...

graay ghost

That is a good point, modern rulerships gives Pluto rulership over Scorpio, and I just can't see Mars acting in any other way than firey.

Mars in Scorpio is quite a different thing to Cancer, however the emotional impact is enormous if poorly placed or aspected and highlights Mars in Water

Mars in a Water sign can be emotional if it is poorly placed or aspected. It is still quite functional however if it is well aspected.

I hope that helps explain what I am trying to say...

I guess I would just consider Mars in fire signs to be emotional as well. Fire/water are more emotional than earth/air. People tend to discount emotions that are not of the "watery", sensitive, tender variety as not actually being emotions and I find that weird.

muchacho

I guess I would just consider Mars in fire signs to be emotional as well. Fire/water are more emotional than earth/air. People tend to discount emotions that are not of the "watery", sensitive, tender variety as not actually being emotions and I find that weird.
There are different ranges of emotions and different sensitivities regarding emotions. The greatest sensitivity and range is with the watery signs.