Mercury retrograde

tori

I know the rules about merc retro...no purchases of big ticket items, watch technology, travel delays, no signing contracts, etc.

What about deciding to return to work after a leave of absence? Would that be better suited until after merc retro is over?

I've attached my chart, just in case specifics are needed...

thank you,
tori

Attachments

• tori.jpg
    tori.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 25

Zarathu

Account Closed
I know the rules about merc retro...no purchases of big ticket items, watch technology, travel delays, no signing contracts, etc.

What about deciding to return to work after a leave of absence? Would that be better suited until after merc retro is over?

I've attached my chart, just in case specifics are needed...

thank you,
tori

Do you have to sign any new documents?

geeza

as amature as i am and learning astrology. Id recommend no signing contracts or accepting 'new' job positions during this period

Zarathu

Account Closed
I don't know. I assume if I do, I should wait, yes?

Yes.... if you have to sign anything you have to think about. If its just stuff that everybody has to sign no matter what, then not a big deal. Remember, though, anything where communication is involved and it could be ******* up through miscommunication is an issue. This includes coming back when you thought you were, but they thought something different.

It really also depends on the intensity of the Mercury RX this period and where you are when it happens, and on the effect on your own chart. Mercury RX is not the same for everybody everywhere.

Where are you located now?

tori

It really also depends on the intensity of the Mercury RX this period and where you are when it happens, and on the effect on your own chart. Mercury RX is not the same for everybody everywhere.

Where are you located now?

I've included my chart with transits...because I don't know how to interpret them

Attachments

• tori_transit.jpg
    tori_transit.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 21

Zarathu

Account Closed
IN MY OPINION.....

The Mercury Retrograde circumstance for everyone in Toronto next week is not going to be particularly difficult. Mars does not have a lot of power when he turns Retrograde, and even so, he is not generating a lot of friction. So one needs to look toward the postive effects of the retrograde condition rather than the negative ones.

HOWEVER, For you, This mercury retrograde could be difficult. While there are no significant aspect to any of the major planets, the Transiting Mercury Retrograde IS squaring your natal Dark Moon Lilith. And DML is in your 12th house of career.

So if I were you I would be careful of anything communication wise: papers to sign, stuff to communicate, new business ventures to start, anything like that. With Tr Mercury squaring your DML, while the rest of Toronto may not have much of a problem, YOU could.

tsmall

Premium Member
HOWEVER, For you, This mercury retrograde could be difficult. While there are no significant aspect to any of the major planets, the Transiting Mercury Retrograde IS squaring your natal Dark Moon Lilith. And DML is in your 12th house of career.

You mean the 10th house of career, right? I don't know where DML is in this chart (I don't use it but I know some do) but Mercury is currently stationing retro in Pisces, which it the OP's 7th, and so I can't figure any kind of square from the 7th to the 12th...

tori, sometimes transits bring events, sometimes not. In this case Mercury is your ASC ruler as well as the ruler of your 10th house. Retro in your 7th could bring old partners back (business or other wise) into your life, or it could have something to do with open enemies. This retro period will have Mercury transiting sextile to your natal Taurus planets, himself, Saturn and the Sun in your 9th, then squaring Mars in your 10th and finally stationing direct to square your natal Venus. It could be fun to check an ephemeris for the dates those aspects perfect and see what if anything happens.

How long was your LOA? Are you guaranteed to be able to go back to your same position at the same rate? If so then it's possible nothing will go wrong, since some astrologers say that about the only way a career change is successful during a Mercury retrograde period is if you are going back to an employer you have worked for in the past, or if you are accepting a new position but with someone/person you have worked for before.

Zarathu

Account Closed
You mean the 10th house of career, right?

sorry slip of the old fingers.

Maybe in an old ephemeris book, as of right now, Mercury is not retrograde. The concept of stationing doesn't exist in computer astrology technology anymore---that's something that only existed in old printed ephemeri. You can determine the exact second that the Planet goes retrograde or direct. And, In Toronto, Canada, the exact second is: February 23, 2013, at exactly, 04:58:41 AM. At 4:58:40 AM on February 23, 2013, Mercury is still direct.

Last edited:

Vista

Hello Zarathu!

I was wondering your thoughts on natal Mercury retrograde and it's effect when T Mer turns retrograde in particular when Mercury rules the natal ASC or Sun? It's my understanding it's not as difficult for people born with natal rx, but I was wondering. I get this period and its' implications of poor communication, not signing contracts, travel delays etc, but I have always thought of Mercury rx periods as a return to a previous situation. For example, IMO a break-up under a Mercury retrograde period in many instances would point to this "not sticking" and likely reuniting perhaps when the planet goes direct(again I think it's more like when one person of the break-up has Mer ruling their ASC/Sun). Any thoughts on this?

As a side note, I got my hair done during Mercury retrograde. BIG mistake!! Very poor quality work to say the least. I would have waited but unbeknown to me my hairdresser was leaving that week for maternity leave for 3 months! I had not been to see her in 5 months. Never again!

IN MY OPINION.....

The Mercury Retrograde circumstance for everyone in Toronto next week is not going to be particularly difficult. Mars does not have a lot of power when he turns Retrograde, and even so, he is not generating a lot of friction. So one needs to look toward the postive effects of the retrograde condition rather than the negative ones.

So if I were you I would be careful of anything communication wise: papers to sign, stuff to communicate, new business ventures to start, anything like that. With Tr Mercury squaring your DML, while the rest of Toronto may not have much of a problem, YOU could.

LionKing

Yes I was born with a Merc retro. Doesn't seem to effect me that much. How-ever I still obey the rules of not signing contracts or buying certain things.

I believe Saturn went retro today as well. But again... I was born with a Saturn retro. Those are the only two retros I have on my natal chart.

I do believe that there are going to be some changes because of them. It will be interesting to se what will happen.
V/r LionKing

Vista

I am Capricorn Sun and it rules my MC, hopefully something will pop up job wise.

Yes I was born with a Merc retro. Doesn't seem to effect me that much. How-ever I still obey the rules of not signing contracts or buying certain things.

I believe Saturn went retro today as well. But again... I was born with a Saturn retro. Those are the only two retros I have on my natal chart.

I do believe that there are going to be some changes because of them. It will be interesting to se what will happen.
V/r LionKing

LionKing

Hmm well if Saturn rules your MC it does seem like that will happen. Since I'm a Leo riser... naturally Aqu is on the op end of me. And rules my 7th H., and Cap rules the 6th H. I was married and divorced and married again when Saturn was visiting my 7th H.

But Saturn turns retro in my 4rth H. Guess it's time to get a new apartment. Ha! :biggrin:

I have noticed all the ladies have been looking at me more.... ha!:w00t: I guess Saturn retro means.... game on! ha!
V/r LionKing

Zarathu

Account Closed

According to Halloran, AstrolDeluxe 7.2, calculated for February 19, 2013, at 6:45 PM, in Dallas TExas, MERCURY IS YET NOT RETROGRADE.

HOWEVER, Saturn did go retrograde in Dallas, Texas at 11:54:29, on February 18, 2013.

Vista

Ah, so your secondary or ancient ruler of the 7th house is Saturn! T Saturn is in my 7th house until the end of the year...I had one serious relationship with someone who was older with Libra rising when T Saturn was in Libra in the 7th which broke up about 9 months ago, now T Saturn is in Scorpio and I am dating a Scorpio! LOL! Astrology is so literal!

4th house....or buy real-estate that's what happened to me when it was transiting my 4th!

T Mercury should be interesting, I forgot it also rules my 6th house of work/health (and 3rd). For sure I hope it's a job!!

It would be nice to hear updates about Mercury retrograde experiences!

Hmm well if Saturn rules your MC it does seem like that will happen. Since I'm a Leo riser... naturally Aqu is on the op end of me. And rules my 7th H., and Cap rules the 6th H. I was married and divorced and married again when Saturn was visiting my 7th H.

But Saturn turns retro in my 4rth H. Guess it's time to get a new apartment. Ha! :biggrin:

I have noticed all the ladies have been looking at me more.... ha!:w00t: I guess Saturn retro means.... game on! ha!
V/r LionKing